|Clan||Seekers of the Sun|
|Guardian||Oschon, the Wanderer|
Given name: A'eyshn Demiir
Pronunciation: [Aye-soo(h)n Deh-meer]
Aysun - Since her traditional Seeker name is a struggle for non-Miqo'te to read and pronounce properly, she will often use this name so that it is not butchered so badly, which leaves out the 'h' sound.
Kitten - She's been given this nickname by several friends now. She used to resent it, but now accepts it from certain people.
Precious Sun - A nickname from a new friend, she is unsure as to why she's called this, but is somewhat fond of it.
Nameday: 16th Sun of the 3rd Umbral Moon, 1553.
Age: 20 according to her, 25 according to her nameday.
Place of birth: On the tradeship Alacritie near Limsa Lominsa.
Current residence: Renting residence in Limsa Lominsa, but seems not to reside there very often.
Starting City: Ul'dah.
Grand Company Allegiance: Maelstrom, reinstated.
Employment: Self-employed, Fisher dabbling in mercenary work.
Marital Status: Taken.
Religion/philosophy: Follower of the Twelve with emphasis on Llymlaen, the Navigator due to her maritime roots. However, her guardian is Oschon, the Wanderer. She prays frequently at the Anchor Yard since she discovered the appearance of Llymlaen's mark there. She tends to be superstitious about things she does not understand.
Laterality: Ambidextrous, favors right hand.
IC Journal: Aysun's Journal
- Archery – She is a fine archer through practice, though her skill set was always more aligned with hunting rather than battles until she began adventuring. She favors short bows due to her size but is able to wield a long bow if needed.
- Conjury - Aysun decided it was time to give conjury a real try out of necessity. She quickly discovered she had a knack for it (something she gets from her father, though she'd deny it). She does not understand the workings of the art and has never sought instruction or guidance from the Conjurers' Guild, she merely knows that she can do it. Magic, something that frightened her so much in the past, is now something she is able to use regularly.
- Dual Daggers [in training] - Upon accumulating two fine daggers, she has been training in utilizing them for close combat. She was encouraged (persistently harassed) by Fenix to pursue the style as a means of defending herself, and he's personally keeping her practicing. His reasoning is sound: her instincts in a fight always seem to end up with her closing range rather than using it to her advantage if she has no time to think.
- Disciple of the Hand/Land - Thanks to her upbringing as a "cabin girl" of sorts, she had a basic foundation in crafting and mending, which she has expanded upon on her own. Fishing is in her blood, and since 'returning' has been her main source of income.
- The Echo - She is touched by this "gift" and will not use it intentionally, ever. Like with most things that she does not understand, Aysun is very leery about it (even embarrassed, for fear of being different). She generally just acts like she is not afflicted by it, although some of those she trusts know about it. The affinity with language is something she finds harder to avoid using.
- She has exceptionally poor night-vision. As a Seeker of the Sun, her eyes are adapted to the bright light of day, leaving her at a loss at night.
- She is directionally-challenged sometimes, prone to getting turned around or lost in unfamiliar places. One of the reasons she dislikes the Black Shroud.
- She is rather small, and thus is easily overpowered in some situations, often despite making attempts to defend herself. She is however quite nimble and quick and uses this to her advantage
Height: Very Short (by Miqo'te standards). ~4 fulms 10 ilms.
Weight: Slightly less than average.
Body: Petite. Trim. Small bust.
Hair: Short, very blonde, naturally highlighted from sun-exposure, and generally amiss. Judging by the whispiness of it, if let to grow long again it would be distinctly curly.
Eyes: Slitted pupils with bold heterochromia: her left eye is light blue, right eye is a brown.
Skin: Medium Fair.
Scars/Markings: Light brown markings on her cheeks (she compares them to freckles when asked). Intricate tattoo-like mark between her shoulder blades. She has her ears pierced but she doesn't always wear earrings. Notable scars outside the normal wear and tear include: a faded thin line, the width of a short blade on her right thigh; a puncture on the mid right side of her abdomen; a scar that runs above her left eye back into her hairline, usually covered by her bangs; and several clawed cuts on her back. She is vain enough to wear clothes that conceal them when possible.
Clothes: She most often wears self-made cloth and leather clothes (she doesn't even own any true heavy armor, just some chainmail pieces). Generally modestly dressed, harnesses and coatees are avoided. She nearly always wears some sort of halfgloves, usually leather. She doesn't wear much actual jewelry other than a ring on her left index finger made of iron and leather, and occasionally earrings.
Voice: A medium feminine pitch, sometimes dry, rather monotone and flat. Not overly animated unless she is clearly very excited about something, or upset. Her accent is a much more subtle version of Limsa Lominsan and she can sometimes sound rather uneducated through her choice of words.
Pre-Calamity: Aysun supplemented her income by dancing at Amajina & Sons Mineral Concern (the Miners' Guild) in Ul'dah. She was a "Mineral Girl" for two years. While she did not participate in the other kinds of dances given there, she was certainly good enough performing to help her make her living. The stigma the Mineral Girls earned due to some of their ranks' activities prompted Aysun to take on a stage name for her performances. For much of her time there, she wore a half-mask during her performances and used the stage name M'hleaka to avoid being recognized and labeled a prostitute. Because of her job there, Aysun gets very uncomfortable and sometimes defensive in conversations that turn to the subject of the Miners' Guild and those who work there.
Aysun danced because she absolutely loved to, and the Mineral Concern was a place she could do it regularly for an audience - even if that audience was more interested in her body than her talent. Some of her style could be recognized by Limsa Lominsa native islanders, because she was first exposed to dance on the islands near there, but much of it she has developed on her own as well. Her attire was minimal during performances, much like the other dancers there. This part of her life is no longer a big secret. She abandoned her half-mask shortly before the Dalamud events, although they still know her under her stage name. She donned a blue chemise made for her by Eva Ianeira that was designed to conceal her midriff scar for these later performances.
Post-Calamity: Aysun has not been able to pursue employment as a dancer again thus far. But has begun looking, at last.
- Warmth, sunshine (Thanalan)
- Solitude, sometimes
- Sweets (pastries, chocolate)
- Fish, usually raw
- Hot Tea with milk
- Rum and Ale of all qualities (to excess)
- Kus, her bluebird
- Exploring the new, mapping the old
- Being touched
- Talking, sometimes
- Miqo'te men and most of the women..
- As Aysun has developed through RP she's become more of what she truly was supposed to be. She IS obnoxious at times, has some obvious character flaws, but there are many friendly parts to her personality too.
- True to her race's stereotype, Aysun is often a rather introverted individual. She doesn't always do well in large social gatherings (and sometimes even in small ones). This doesn't mean she isn't a friendly sort anyway, but it certainly means it could be a little harder see what she's all about. Once she opens up, however, she is nice.. if you can get past her occasional tactlessness.
- She's very blunt, often not realizing that what she's said or done could be considered rude, and she can be brutally honest when she feels strongly about something. She jokes sarcastically a lot when she's nervous, often from being unsure of how to say what she's thinking. Certain characters, usually overly sensitive or defensive, will just not mesh with her somewhat abrasive personality - I expect that and please don't feel you have to force your character to put up with it if it's not what they'd do! I blame this abrasive behavior (and her overall obliviousness to proper manners) on her being raised with a bunch of sailors who were as likely to settle things with a fight as they would over drinks.
- She can be sharp-tongued and downright rude if pushed the wrong way or feeling jealous. She can be immature when she allows her emotions to get the best of her, while other times she is able to be surprisingly rational and intelligent about things. If she's feeling bitter over something she'll sometimes express it passive-aggressively with her words, piping in with scathing sarcastic remarks. She is impulsive and sometimes gets into scuffles because of it, however if she is particularly emotional about something, she usually just leaves abruptly to escape the situation rather than dealing with it and her feelings. She's quick to repress and ignore problems with herself rather than deal with them. Recently she is more prone to acting out, sometimes violently, seemingly unprovoked. In other situations, she shuts down completely.
- Forming bonds with others is a struggle, due to her communication ineptitude and her apparent inability to share things about herself without direct prompting/questioning. She enjoys observing and listening to people, but sometimes has trouble showing sympathy or empathy, even though she feels it. Another contributing factor is her past. A few key people in her life have disappeared on her after she opened up and bonded with them, leaving her very hurt, and thus she has begun being even more careful about befriending people.
- She believes firmly in her morals, what is right and what is wrong, though she often is unable to explain or justify why she thinks certain things are right and others are not. She can be very hypocritical, and doesn't always practice what she preaches, though she is aware of it and often wishes she did. She's also fiercely protective of people and ideas she deems good or loyal.
- Her overall intentions are to do good in life.
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Smart, but not book-smart. She just doesn’t have the attention span for studying from them. If she wants to learn to do something, rather than reading theory, she simply tries it. She is a firm believer in practice-practice-practice. She doesn't get bored and flighty as long as she's doing something, which means she busies herself with her crafts quite often.
- She has rather severe post-traumatic stress syndrome, and displays symptoms as such in certain situations.
- She's generally prudish, from her dressing to simply being embarrassed very easily. This is often why her employment at the Mineral Concern was a surprise to most.
- Flirting is awkward for her, and often ends in her simply embarrassing herself or saying something that makes the other person uncomfortable, so she tends to just avoid it.
- She does not like being touched in any fashion by others. It won't usually anger her, but it will leave her obviously uncomfortable. There are a couple friends who are exceptions.
- Born and grown at sea, A'eyshn was raised by her mother and a crew of vagrants on a reliable, although not very reputable trading vessel, the Alacritie. There were no other children or Miqo'te to grow up with, nor females at all other than her highly-regarded Mum... and a few Hyur wenches that stowed away, of course, later to be welcomed by the men needing comfort in their hammocks.
- But her young mother had also needed comfort during one particular docking in her home, Limsa Lominsa... there she met a Miqo'te with blue eyes she could not resist. After a short, whirl-wind romance, it was back to sea with the other men. Several moons passed, and she confessed to the Captain, hugging the unmistakable bulge at her abdomen the entire time. There was no denying it. Ashamed, she promised she would not entangle herself like that again. She would be alone raising the child, he had disappeared just as quickly has she had fallen in love with him. It was lucky she kept her position as Quartermaster at all, let alone being allowed to raise her daughter there. But a fish born at sea under Llymlaen, the Navigator would make for such a talented catch, the Captain knew this, and intended to exploit it to the crew's gains. But when the girl came, it was Oschon, the Wanderer who was to be her guardian. She would be no proper sea-liver, and they all knew she would leave that life one day.
- None the less, until that day arrived she was to be the "cabin girl" of sorts. They trained her in tailoring. She learned to manipulate and create with leathers, cloths, and woods. The cook, a short and round Lalafell with kind, wrinkly eyes, even began teaching her to experiment with what he called "alchemicals." What a place it was for a child.. she had no friends her age or time to truly play. It was always chores and learning, observing, and practicing. Life on the tradeship was often also dangerous: pirates attacked the ship unrelentingly, wanting the goods that were the crew's livelihood. But Llymlaen is merciful, even to those who were not born to her guardianship, and they escaped them time and time again while the child was hidden below decks. Arm wrapped around a post near her hammock to steady herself, hands worked at repairing clothing for the men. They must at some point all seconded as disciples of war, the way they fought for their lives and gil alike. Her mother held worn bone needles in her teeth, and showed the girl to stretch and flatten the fabric, to stitch the seams and repair the leathers. It was always hard to concentrate and learn with the loud sounds of the attacks, but eventually they would stop.
- As she grew older, the Wanderer's influence on her nature became more apparent. Many bells she spent staring out at the Indigo Deep and the Rhotana Sea. There were so many islands they stopped at along the way. There were Hyur girls on these islands, and they danced so beautifully. The girl studied their dances, practicing with such a grin, a lovely carved mask given to her by one of the girls her age as a prop. Back on the ship mostly she was alone, and she danced to the music she heard in her heart whenever she could. Sometimes, however, the men played real music for her on deck, and she was met with cheers. Nothing made her happier.
- Eventually the girl wasn't a girl anymore, she was a woman. Far south they went on one route, leaving the humid air at the Cape of Deadwind before docking once more. This place, Thanalan... it was this place she had to be. The sun shown long hours, and dry heat warmed her. It was amazing and it called to her. But the ship had to return to Limsa Lominsa, its storage was full of pelts and ores and its supplies were replenished with exotic cactus-fruits, nuts, and fresh and dried meats from the inland – a real treat for the men.
- Dressed in her best, she waved to her mother, a weathered short bow on her back (something she was taught the ways of when Mum felt the need to expose the girl to some of that aspect of Miqo'te culture she was raised so distantly from). The rough seamen she grew up with, Highlander and Midlander Hyurs, a lone quiet giant of a Roegadyn, even an Elezen, and of course that round little Lalafell, vagrants, and such good men, were there to see her off.
- As many places as the girl had been, the places she had seen.. she had truly seen only a fraction of Eorzea as it was known to those born and raised on the land. The people, the races she'd never interacted with (mostly her own), she knew nothing of them or their rumors of war. She would find a caravan to take her to the city nearest, one called Ul'dah. There, a parade was taking place.
- Oh, there was a dancer, like her.. How lovely she was. Perhaps she could find somewhere in this city to work and dance too?
- Hear. Feel. Think.
Mother (Out of contact)
Location: Limsa Lominsa
Father (Never met)
Half-brother (Unknown to each other until ARR)
Location: Wanderer, though has a room at Aysun and Fenix's Limsa Lominsa residence
Half-sister (Unknown to each other)
Location: Hijiri residence, Mist
Friends & Foes
[This is OOC knowledge not to be used IC. Aysun's opinions and relationships of those she's interacted with. Just for fun~. Those in italics she has not seen since before the Calamity.]
Aoixin Kaeteklizem: Acquaintance. Misses Ixin's cooking. Thinks he is the strangest being she's ever met. [RIP Kayleen 1/9/87-12/24/11]
Calzien Gishaborah: Friend. Calzien has grown on Aysun. His blissful ignorance annoys her, still. She wishes she could teach him more of Eorzea, but finds it hard to keep his attention.
Costia Demora: Acquaintance. While she has made several attempts to urge Costia to get to know the members of Crystalline, she fully understands the woman's continued reluctance and respects her wishes. Her relationship with Costia has been damaged recently, but she harbors no ill-will to the woman, merely frustration with her.
Deirdre Ta'ea: Acquaintance. Clashed in the past. Aysun's gotten over it, and Deirdre seems not to remember or recognize her. Aysun was more than a little happy to hold her Deir's new baby but finds the woman herself a bit off.
Elza Ashfen: Enemy. Another of the Mavanix family, whom Aysun helped rescue in the waterways beneath Ul'dah prior to the Calamity. Elza seems to have forgotten her since the Calamity.. however has not hesitated in assisting her brother Kylin in his misdeeds. Her personal vendetta against Aysun climaxed in her kidnapping. Elza was forced to flee Eorzea in the end.
Eva Ianeira: Friend. Eva's social graces and peaceful disposition, as well as her seemingly endless amount of logical advice, are all things that Aysun admires. Despite often seeming to disagree with her, she loves to listen to Eva speak and takes much of what she says to heart, even if she doesn't seem to.
Fenix Darkblaze: Fiancée. The pair became friends rather fast. She always found him easy to talk to, and he never minded the things she said, so he gained her trust and friendship quickly. Their friendship grew into more with time, though it is not always obvious to others. They simply seem to spend a lot of time together!
Galvadan Edgecrusher: Good friend, now distant. She keeps Galvadan's journal for him on his request (to keep it safe, he says). Nebulous allowed them to become very close friends. His fiercely protective nature has led her think of him almost as a father figure. He is back, and she does not know how to deal with it yet.
Gerik Aston: Acquaintance. Someone who seems just like an all-around nice fellow. She liked that he did not judge her for her dancing at the Concern.. and was able to keep his eyes above her neck easily. She feels the need to look out for Gerik, as he is so innocent in her eyes.
Kylin Felstar: Enemy. She has gone from wary of Kylin, to resentful. But she also pities him. He tried to kill both her and Fenix, and Rhio, in their last encounter in which she had tried to settle things once and for all peacefully by having Gerik just tell him he no longer loved him. That went well.
Lyriah Karnelle: Friend, strained friendship. Lyriah's mental breakdown during a sparring match nearly killed Aysun. While Aysun knows it was not intentional, and that Lyriah was sick, and even said she forgave her.. Aysun cannot shake the unease of being around a woman who almost took her life.
Mihana Zhralyia: Good friend. Though Mihana is a bit over the top at times, the two get along well usually. Teasing and bickering seem like common themes in their friendship. One always seems to be jealous of or competing with the other on some childish level. Mihana often refers to Aysun as a sister.
Mnim Taawli: Good friend. Aysun greatly enjoys Mnim's company and loves to tease her, which Mnim happily returns. Likely the only person Aysun has sought out directly for help dealing with her past. Upon reuniting with Mnim, Aysun fears the Calamity may have affected her similarly to herself. She wants to help.
Navei Asue: Friend. Her guarding buddy for a brief time at the Astalicia. She enjoys conversation with Navei and forcing him into silly situations. Eating raw fish, for example! Was her boss at Nebulous, has not seen him since their disbanding. She recently received a note signed by Navei, but does not believe it is actually from him.
N'taeyl Yhash: Acquaintance. A miqo'te woman she's run into several times now at the Eagle & Quill bookshop in Mist, and one she finds she does not have to force herself to interact with. The woman's dry, sarcastic mannerisms are almost comforting.
Razeiel Venaire: Acquaintance. Aysun met the Poet not hardly a week after her arrival in Ul'dah. He "rescued" her from Pearl Lane and has taken her under his "care".. and thus has become a major thorn in her side. She harbors quite a bit of resentment of Razeiel due to her experiences with the Blades of Nald'thal. News of his disappearance left her with mixed feelings, and his return, even worse.
Reppu Hijiri: Good friend. The Princess and Aysun had a rather rocky start, but have ended up friends in their meetings since then. Reppu is a light in Aysun's life that she has not had in awhile. The pure, amusing banter the two share is enough to send her into a fit of laughter, which is saying something!
Rhio Aldul: Acquaintance. After a particular conversation, Aysun's mild dislike of Rhio has spiraled into downright repulsion. Rhio's presence was a "trigger" for her for awhile and she avoided her actively. Recent events have perhaps turned her opinion a little, as Rhio seemed to try to assist she and Fenix in their encounter with the crazed Kylin.
Runek Cross: Previous Lover, missing, presumed dead. A mysterious man from Aysun's past that only a few know of. She fell recklessly in love with him, and the hurt left over from their short relationship has left her scarred emotionally.
Selene Artemis: Best friend. A previous coworker from Everwatch turned friend and roommate prior to the Calamity. Aysun has the utmost trust in Selene despite her past. The two share a fondness of alcohol as well. While they are no longer roommates, they try to keep in touch often. She is quite distraught by Selene's imprisonment.
RL Name: I go by Aysun online
RL Age: 27
RL Gender: Female
- I have a pseudo curfew on myself, so Sun-Thurs I am rarely online after 10:00pm Central so that I can function the next day at the lab. I am also a wife so I try to spend time with my husband! I am usually on after 3:30pm Central time if I am able to get on that day. Weekends I usually get on a little earlier unless I'm out trying to have a life.
RP style (light, casual, moderate, or heavy)?
- Moderate/Heavy preferred. I am a scientist, RP is my creative escape. I'm not 'always' IC when you run into me, though. It's usually quite obvious, because I tend to abuse smilies or speak in [brackets] if I'm not IC.
- I still want to progress in-game, so feel free to send me an OOC tell asking me to party, NM hunt, do leves, or whatever. However, do note that I LOVE doing these things IC too! Aysun's an adventurer, after all.
What kind of RP relationships are you seeking? (family ties, etc)
- Friendships, Enemies, Employers/Commissioners, Recruiters, Drunk sleazebags at the Concern, Seething hatred, Family-ties, People to explore with... Give me some drama, casual, raids, whatever! I honestly just want to RP. It doesn't have to be complicated, long-term; even interactions in passing just add so much life to the game!
How far from the actual lore are you willing to stray?
- I like the lore, and I would like to stay as close to the lore as possible, however I'm not perfect and we are still learning about it, so I understand character development/changes as we learn more. I believe that what makes a great RPer is someone who can work within the bounds of the universe we are playing in, rather than push it to the breaking point.
- Skype: battakappu (wut)
- In game, of course, or PM on the forums is always fine too!
- Feel free to use this profile template, no credit/permission needed. :)
I went from having no art, to.. suddenly, much art! It'd be wrong not to put most of it up somewhere, since I think it's all just awesome! I want thank each and every person who's taken the time to draw Aysun, in any fashion. I love seeing it and really appreciate it <3 (even the mean ones, Selene... D<)!