"You must take that which burdens you and transform it into something beautiful."
|Clan||Keeper of the Moon|
|Religion||Menphina the Lover|
|Nameday||10th Sun of the 2nd Umbral Moon, 1552|
|Height/Weight||4 fulms 9 ilms, 102 ponz|
Xhosa Tau is easily summarized as a paragon of eloquence and courtesy. Tactful and genuine, this miqo'te is perpetually poised regardless of her environment, never raising a hand or so much as her voice out of temper. For all appearances, one who does not know her might assume she is of some more pristine background based only on her manner of conduct. This, however, cannot be further from the truth.
- Given Name: Xhosa Tau '[Zoh-sah|Ta-oo]':
- Aliases/Nicknames: Ashling '[Ash-ling]': The name used during her extended period of time as a courtesan. 'Ash' refers to her grey skintone, while 'ling' was affixed as a sort of ironic endearment. Often, she still introduces herself as 'Ashling' to strangers and only offers her true name after a certain level of acquaintanceship has been achieved.
- Current Residence: Ul'dah
- Marital Status: Single
- Sexuality: Pansexual (Discriminates based on an individual's personality rather than gender or race.)
- Religion: A devout follower of Menphina the Lover
- Height: 4 fulms, 9 ilms - petite in her own tribe as a child, her premature physical maturity led to a somewhat stunted stature.
- Weight: 102 ponz - a relatively voluptuous figure, made significantly softer by cycles of 'luxurious' living.
- Body: Her diminutive stature is the thing many might notice first about 'Ashling'. She stands only a foot and a half taller than the tallest Lalafell, her height restricted during her growth by the premature blossoming of her body. Life as a trained courtesan was 'kind' to this miqo'te's overall physique. While her neck and limbs retain the length and grace of her family, easy living and unprocessed hereditary traits have rendered her body soft and supple.
- Complexion: The Keeper's unique coloration earned her the the moniker 'Ashling' when she concluded her 'official' training at the age of twelve cycles. The creamy grey skin is cool to the eye and, thus, surprisingly warm to the touch. The palette itself is silken and unmarred save for a no small number of cosmetic and congenital patterns, tattooes, paints, and a single beauty mark beneath her left eye.
- 'Birthmarks': One on each side of the forehead (white-grey), two on each cheek (white-grey).
- 'Tattoos': One tear-drop shaped mark in the center of the forehead (black), tattooed eyeliner (black).
- 'Facial Paint': Lips (commonly blue), eyelids (commonly blue), cheeks (commonly lilac).
- Face: Like her body, this miqo'te's face is rather plump overall. Heart-shaped with naturally high cheekbones, what might have been finely sculpted angles have been made round with careful feeding and skin conditioning. Hers is not unlovely by any means; large, silver pools fringed with deep blue lashes are perpetually half-lidded when the woman is at rest. Her eyebrows help to relay her sometimes muted facial expressions, thin and well-manicured above her pale eyes.
- Hair: Like her skin, her hair is meticulously well maintained. Long and originally coarse, years of thorough brushing and conditioning have left her tresses silken and unable to hold even the hint of a curl in spite of the tightest knots or braids. The color of her hair from a distance is what drew the attention of her kidnappers and subsequent 'madame', and the reason is simple enough to see. Her hair is a midnight blue, nearly black except in direct light-- but a severe case of poliosis has rendered the forelock a vivid, snowy white from birth.
- Fashion: After purchasing her own freedom then spenting some time working with her previous clients for ungarnished profit, Xhosa has forgone many of the more revealing articles of clothing she had become used to in favor of a slightly more conservative style. While any embarrassment of her nude body has been eradicated over her lifetime, her preference for the more concealing articles of clothing is undeniably tied to her history as a glorified call-girl. In her mind, respectable individuals conceal their bodies in public.
- Voice: Her voice is easily a smooth contralto, both when speaking or singing. Luxurious and deep, there is a perpetual lilt to her speaking that has a tendency to disarm others the longer a conversation goes on. Even while involved in a rather uncouth conversation, her words are melodious in nature, tending to gild even the harshest insults. While her dancing is by no means particularly superb, her singing on the other hand can be rather difficult to ignore. Vocalizing without lyrics is her specialty, though she does have a repetoire of poetic songs at her disposal. It is easy for her, in singing, to relay a certain feeling, whether warming or somber, to an audience. Similarly, in speaking, she has very little difficult making her words more impactful with her careful selection of tone.
- Demeanor: The Keeper is a soft-spoken but confident individual. The same air of composure that she carries herself with permeates her being to as near the core as possible without rendering her entirely stoic. Her expressions are muted as well as her immediate body language, giving the impression of almost flawless calm.
- Quirks: Aside from the rather expressive nature of her ears and tail, Xhosa has very few noteworthy quirks. One is that she enjoys exercising her senses, particularly her keen sense of smell. Sweet and salty smells are her favorites, though even sour and pungently spicy odors can draw her attention for some time. In situations where curious smells are present, she tends to adopt a curious expression, flaring her nostrils as she works to identify the source and cause. Spice stalls, perfume shops, and botanist vendors are often frequented by the woman and one of her absolute favorite gifts is something with a lovely scent.
- Intelligence: This miqo'te is well-educated by most standards, though she no where near approaches the level of intelligence of many true nobles. Rather than 'book-smarts' or 'street-smarts', Xhosa concentrates on her known and experience with people, and to some lesser extent, animals. Her ability to weave herself through virtually any social setting without upsetting the waters is well-honed, giving her all the necessary skills of a fine diplomat and certainly fulfilling all the necessary bartering skills of working as a private merchant.
- "Combat/Magical Proficiency": This is rather simply summarized-- Xhosa Tau does not fight. While the building blocks for physical ability exist in her body due solely to her race, this woman has thus far been unwilling to learn to wield any weapons, even her own body, in conflict. It is not necessarily that she has a pacifistic nature as she is hardly bothered by bloodshed and, more, vividly interested in watching others fight, it is simply that she has seen no reason in her life to learn.
- Her origins are mostly unknown to her. While she retained the knowledge of her own name after being abducted around her fifth namesday, the names of the rest of her family has been worn from her mind over the cycles. Devoid of any desire to connect to her birthright or discover familial ties lost, 'Ashling' considers herself to be a sole and prospective matriarch of sorts, able to take on whomever she would like as a mate without concerns about establishing a good reputation or 'territory' to speak of.
Player Character Standings
- ♥ Romantic Interest ♥ Sexual Desire ♥ Platonic Love ● Good Standing ● Neutral Standing ● Poor Standing
- ■ "That woman there, inspecting the oils... She looks well enough off. Judging by those collars, I'd say her 'owner' must be rolling in the gil." - Ul'dahn Merchant
- ■ "Eh. I don't know. 'Ashling' is fair enough on the eyes but that body's way too soft for my liking..." - Aspiring Gladiator
- ■ "I hear that one is a pureblood Keeper-- Seekers of the Sun are far more common around these parts. Everytime I see one talking to her, she seems to shy away. Especially from the men." - Tavern Bouncer
- ■ "You know, she looks like a kind lass, but that smile ends at her lips. It's gets to be a bit disconcerting after you realize it-- I wonder if she's after something in particular?" - Bartender
- ■ "I swear not long ago I saw that miqo'te wandering the Court at least four times in seven suns-- Each with a different man! Seems to me she's either a harlot or a gussied up whore." - Snooty Hosuewife
- ■ "Ah, yes, Lady Ashling has managed to save our humble establishment on several occasions with her natural 'preventatives'. No children in this brothel, I can guarantee that!" - Dunesfolk Madame
- ■ "She calls herself a 'perfumier'. Isn't it 'perfumer'? Anyroad, she has to get really close and smell a person to make the best scents-- And those aren't cheap!"- Satisfied Customer
- ■ "I know she used ta be somethin' of a call-girl once, but I've seen the men 'round here try to gloss her up with sweet-talk and gil... They always end up disappointed in the end but the brutish ones, 'specially, ain't even ornery 'bout her turnin' 'em down." - Alehouse Wench
- ■ "I have afforded that lovely creature only once in my lifetime. A courtesan, mind you, not one of these listless prostitutes that roam the streets like shambling undead. Ah, but her price was expensive and I hear she no longer engages in such 'work'." - Self-made Merchant
- ■ "She w-was purchased... for me you know... for m-my eighteenth n-namesday... She... She spent all night singing to me, j-just smoothing her fingers over m-my forehead... She reminds me... She reminds m-me of my m-mother..." Nervous Heir
- ■ "I asked her once about true love and what she felt about it. She said she believes it exists and no more. Funny, isn't it?" - Young Courtesan
- ■ "One of her wealthy patrons died in her arms that last night. So far as we could tell the old man had been afflicted by a bad spirit or some kind of blockage in his brain... bit right through his own tongue. Strange how she stuck around until they took the body away." -Investigating Brass Blade
- (Under Construction)
1549 - 1570
- (Under construction)
- "I selected the name 'Xhosa Tau' after searching for several names of African origin. The name translates, so far as I've read, to 'Sweet Lion'.
- Xhosa is legitimately nocturnal-- I treat night time in time with my night time which begins at ten o'clock Eastern Standard Time.
- I'm open to most every kind of RP scenario but the character will never be open to pursuing an romantic relationship with any individual other than the one that already exists. If you have your heart set on it, I'm afraid you will be sorely disappointed."
- Xhosa's Theme Song: 'Dark Waltz' - Hayley Westenra