From RPC Library
"Nice place you've got here. Love the stairs. They make me feel tall." — Izayoi to Val Nunh.
Appearance & Personality
- Izayoi stands rather short at about 5’0”, with a rather petite physique in general. She tries to carry herself with an air of grace, but almost inevitably stops caring a few minutes later, assuming a more relaxed pose. Her skin is very pale, in contrast with her bright purple eyes. She takes great care of her hair, which is a darker shade of purple, cut in a traditional Doman style - long and straight, with a frontal fringe.
- Izayoi is laid back, to say the least, but also quite energetic when she's riled up. She's very cheerful, to such a point that she may come off as annoying or uncaring. Many would accuse her of not taking things seriously, but in her own words, she's always serious, it's just that her thought process is different than what you're used to. However, this personality is something that she wears as a mask, to keep people from seeing what she perceives as her own weakness: that she's more afraid than she lets on. While her anxiety tends to bring depression as well, she does find happiness. To call one side of her personality the "true" Izayoi, or to say that her personality around others is a lie, would be incorrect; the truth is somewhere in between. However, the adventurer's life has made her grow as a person. While Izayoi would hardly call herself an experienced adventurer, she isn't a beginner either, something she takes pride in. While she still deals with her anxiety, she doesn't feel as weak anymore, and that's a victory in itself.
- Her method of dealing with anxiety is to distract herself, regardless of if it's in a healthy way. For example, for the entire year that she devoted to nonstop training, her personality changed completely. She adopted a no-nonsense attitude, working herself until she simply couldn't anymore and spending minimal time around her family.
- When the fall of Doma was clearly inevitable to all but those deep in denial, the Saeki family fled by ship to Limsa Lominsa. Izayoi's very first memory of this world is her family meeting with the family that would take hers in until they could afford their own home. As soon as she could walk and talk, she began learning how to do common chores, helping her new extended family so that she wouldn't be dead weight.
- Her parents, Tsubaki and Kagerou, couldn't afford any proper education for Izayoi, but Fiore, the family's youngest child, would pass on his tutors' lessons to her. Over time, the two of them became very close friends.
Life as a Maid
- When Izayoi turned 13, she officially became one of the family's maids. Since she was still young, she was assigned to help take care of Fiore. She acted as a calm, stoic maid, referring to Fiore as her master. Although he found this new relationship to be strange, the two grew very close. Even when the Saeki family was able to afford their own home, Izayoi remained as his maid.
- During a chain of Miqo'te kidnappings three years later, a hooded girl calling herself Irina moved in with the family for reasons that Izayoi didn't understand at the time. When she walked in on Irina changing one day, she understood entirely - she was a Miqo'te named I'rhinya. She was welcomed into their circle, quickly becoming a good friend, and eventually, Fiore's lover.
- One year later, the Calamity struck. Izayoi was one of the lucky ones who hadn't lost any of her immediate family, but surviving was only the first step of the struggle. Financially, the two families were nowhere near as well-off as they'd been before, simply due to the drastic economic changes brought by the Calamity. Not too long after, Izayoi was attacked by pirates, who had heard that the family was housing a beautiful young Miqo'te. Rather than help them to take I'rhinya, she tried to run, but no matter how much she ran, the pirates were always just a few steps behind. Izayoi, who had no combat training, knew that she were going to die. And eventually, everything faded to black.
- When Izayoi came to, the first thing she heard was her parents crying. Some Yellowjackets arrived in time to stop the pirates and save her life, just barely arriving in time. I'rhinya left to continue her own adventuring life immediately after hearing of her recovery, so that neither family involved would be in further danger. Izayoi was changed greatly by this incident, realizing just how dangerous the world was, and how lucky she was to have survived.
- After the traumatic experience she had been through, Izayoi felt completely and utterly weak. As a coping mechanism, her she threw herself into training with the Rogue's and Arcanist's Guilds, dedicating herself to it entirely. She couldn't deny her need to feel stronger, or at least strong enough to protect herself. Following that thought, she would work herself from the moment she woke up to the moment she fell asleep. While her family and Fiore's both encouraged her, they were shocked at the abrupt change in her personality. She and Fiore grew distant, almost alienated from each other.
- After training with both guilds, she found herself drawn to both magic and swordplay, unable to choose between just one. Luckily for her, a certain Miqo'te friend of hers happened to come across info regarding scarlet spell-swords who used both in accord - the Red Mages of Ala Mhigo. She studied their arts, drawn to the idea of having so many options to defend herself, and before long, she was a veritable Red Mage, albeit an amateur one.
Call to Adventure
- When she felt ready, she departed to live an adventurer's life. Her personality gradually shifted back, as if she had just taken a year off from being herself. To make ends meet, she planned to take on various jobs from those who needed a helping hand, wandering from inn to inn when she needed rest. And, to her surprise, she found such a life to be quite satisfying. Seeing how happy people were when she helped them was rewarding in itself, and happy people tend to pay well, so while she was far from rich she wasn't exactly starving. Thus began Izayoi Saeki's life as an adventurer.
- Three years passed, and while Izayoi would never call herself an expert, there are things she's picked up. Those little, heat-of-the-moment things in combat that you can't quite put into words. The distinction between thinking and feeling, and the necessity of momentum and fluidity. And of course, picking up info before it reaches the general populace. Word through the grapevine was that a rebellion in Othard had finally begun. Izayoi's heart skipped a beat as she heard this. Could this be the chance to finally take back the home she was robbed of experiencing? The Garlean forces could be her toughest foes yet, but the only way to grow is by overcoming great odds... With that reasoning, Izayoi began plotting her grand return home.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!