If you would like to get in contact add me on Discord! (Deirdre#4365)
"Blood and skin, little else of value in this life. What is it you want?"
|Religion||Halone, the Fury|
|Nameday||3rd Sun of the 1st Astral Moon, 1549|
|Height/Weight||5 fulms 10 ilms, 148 ponz|
Deirdre Ta'ea is a stunning Wildwood Elezen specializing in archery and the use of concealed, deadly weapons, most often daggers. While beautiful, lithe and agile she is by no means innocent. Cold, calculated and deadly she comes off to many people as unstable and violent. Though she is highly misunderstood and can be calm and warm under the right circumstances, her habits of aggression beget caution. After spending several years in Eorzea as a spy for the Garlean Empire, she returned to her homeland for an unknown purpose. Now she's back in Eorzea, and will likely leave it a little bit bloodier.
- Given Name: Deirdre Ta'ea '[Dear-Dray Tah-Eh]': Her first name comes from an old tale of a woman who dies of a broken heart. Her last name comes from a long line of blacksmiths, her father's line, even though she has no talent for the craft and is the last of the name's lineage.
- Aliases/Nicknames: Snow: The codename Deirdre has been given on missions in her past, some know her only by this nickname and nothing else. Deir: The shortened version of her full name, this is used by close friends only and she will disapprove if used by strangers or people she does not trust.
- Current Residence: Garlemald, specifics unknown.
- Marital Status: Single
- Sexuality: Heterosexual
- Religion: Private follower of The Twelve, generally not religious.
- Height: 5 fulms, 10 ilms - for an Elezen she is fairly short helping her blend among the Hyur races, but stand out uniquely for her own kin. She usually stands slightly shorter than a tall male Midlander.
- Weight: 148 ponz - Thin-boned yet curvy, she has a round bottom and a handful of breast. Most of Deirdre’s weight is in her muscle, a toned stomach and arms, but most of the power actually resides in long, toned legs.
- Body: Even though she is very thin-framed Deirdre is by no means skinny. Round hips, perky chest and toned muscles, she is flexible and lithe. While more power resides in her legs from training and a gap remains between her thighs, her skill in archery also allows her arms a decent bulk of muscle. Despite having children, her stomach remains flat and toned due to her obsession with exercise and power. Her single, subtle structural flaw is improperly healed ribs on her left side, causing a bump in naked flesh, only noticeable by a keen eye or intimate interactions. A seasoned warrior, an array of scars litter her skin the largest of which just above her navel. She will always do her best to keep these covered.
- Complexion: Pale, smooth, flawless skin shimmers in the light and glows in the dark. A beauty mark rests below her right eye and a diamond-shaped burn mark brands the bottom of her right foot.
- Face: Thin, fine features and accented high cheekbones give Deirdre a very fair look. Sharp, icy-blue eyes are more than attentive, her vision keener than the average, rimmed with thick, heavy black eyelashes. Her nose is tiny, her chin is narrow and small, plump lips full and pouted, making her appear younger than her cycles.
- Hair: Azure strands weave and twist wildly when loose, hair as untamed as the woman. Her hair is usually only down when she is comfortable, or during an intimate moment. Otherwise, she keeps the long, unyielding locks of hair bound tightly on top of her head or braided, so it stays out of her way as she fights. Even still, her hair finds ways to escape the bonds and flirt about her cheeks. When wet, strands will curl all about thickly. Deirdre has not cut her hair in many, many cycles, making it uncontrollably lengthy. Secretly, she enjoys brushing and braiding her hair, and considers it a very intimate action if another does it for her.
- Fashion: Preferring more revealing clothes than most, Deirdre often sticks with high boots, tiny skirts or shorts and low-cut shirts for her normal dress, anything to draw attention to her curvaceous form. When in battle she dons more frequently tight leathers over her chest and arms, tight armoured leather boots. Her preferred fabrics are leather or cotton.
- Voice: Smooth and seductive, her words are enunciated particularly, her speech holding a light touch of Northern accent. If she is focusing or distracted, this accent will thicken.
- Demeanor: Towards other people Deirdre will often come about as rude and hostile. She is very protective and tends not to allow people close to her. She will often remain silent but attentive, usually coming off as offensive. To people she knows, Deirdre is less guarded but tends to be more on the icy side. Yet, when they get to know her and she opens up, Deirdre becomes an entirely different person. When this happens she is very docile and shy, and when truly relaxed and comfortable she is a happy woman, smiling more often. Though this takes an immense amount of patience and time, as it is not something that comes naturally to her, unlike her icy mask.
- Quirks: Deirdre is used to always having a knife on her, and if permitted one she will clutch on to it and refuse to let go. She is ambidextrous with weapons, but will only ever write with her right hand. Deirdre gets grumpier in the heat, and more docile in the cold. She will bite on her lower lip when aroused, thinking, or holding something back. She is racist towards Duskwight Elezen and Lalafell, and has no problem making that known. She is also very visual, and will believe what her eyes see over most anything else.
- Intelligence: Deirdre is fairly uneducated in basic schooling, as she never received much of a formal education. Any knowledge she possesses she learned either on her travels, from particular missions or undercover roles. She excels more in street and battlefield knowledge and knows little beyond the basics of crafts or literature, over what she needs to survive. She can speak, write and read Eorzean well, but there are often occasions she uses incorrect words, or simply ignores or passes off comments if she does not understand the words being used. She has a particularly difficult time understanding individuals with heavy accents or slang. She has no patience for scholar studies, seeing them as less important than the skill of battle. Though she will not readily admit this, she adores diving in to vast tomes of unknown information, but sometimes will require help with Eorzean words she does not recognize.
- Style: Deirdre is a very offensive fighter and prefers quick, deadly attacks than slower, stronger ones. She will usually hit for something vital quickly, and in failing that trying to flurry her opponents in to submission. With her skills in archery though she is the opposite, preferring to be as far away as possible when she fires, with her angle, position, or velocity mattering little. Though her tactics vary with the opponent, she is very observatory and will adapt herself to the situation.
- Specialization: Ranged attacks with a bow and arrow from great or close distances, close up encounters with a lightweight dagger never longer than her forearm, range with a spear (and only one with some kind of cross-guard), light forms of magic usually in the element of ice and distraction/diversion methods.
- Strengths: Extremely close combat or surprise attacks. Deirdre is startlingly good at taking her opponents off guard with precise blows and an endless pool of energy. She is also excellent with intensely ranged attacks, assisted by the keen eyes of her kin and a finely tuned longbow.
- Weaknesses: Deirdre is very weak against heavily armoured attackers with big weapons, though she will try to use her speed to counter this. She is durable, but not overly so, so one or two big hits could end most of her ability to fight. Her ears are also one of her weaknesses, she does not have good hearing to begin with unless she truly focuses on listening, but even still she relies more on her eyes. It is also easy to put Deir in a blooded frenzy, making her more careless than usual. She is not hard to rile up in most situations, which is why she is easily provoked and ends up attacking people randomly.
- Armour: Her armour varies on her state, but most often she is clad in leathers and usually nothing heavier than scale. She prefers high leather boots with a minimal amount of plating or cloth strapped in leather guarding. Her gloves are usually thin and tight, a tiny bit of metal plating hidden underneath to guard her wrists and forearms from damage. If preparing for a particularly difficult battle, she will sometimes wear light chain beneath her leathers.
- Father: Nichiel Ta'ea - (Deceased) - Her father was her role model, an accomplished blacksmith who made finery for chocobos specifically, among other things. He was the one always encouraging Deirdre to be a free spirit and passed his unruly nature on to her, along with her azure locks. As a youth he belonged to a rebellious gang in the cities, known to many as a talented thief who would hang around with scum. It was not until his father died from a tragic accident that he inherited the family farm and changed his ways, becoming an outstanding citizen. Before Deirdre was born, Nichiel took in a young Miqo'te boy as his apprentice, inducting Ban as part of the family. Nichiel passed on when their village was attacked, slain while attempting to protect his families escape.
- Mother: Raien Ta'ea - (Deceased) - Deirdre's mother hated her most of her life, teaching her a hard lesson; that you cannot trust even those most close to you. She often received physical and mental abuse from the woman, causing Deirdre's extreme introversion. Raien was a woman from the cities who married her first love, a bad-boy from a gang who promised her all the jewels and dresses she could want. This, of course, did not come true, and after her husband inherited his father's farmland and she was forced to become a country-wife. Quickly, she grew bitter towards her life and often took this out on her daughter. She only had one live child after miscarrying a son. After the village was destroyed Raien found she had a second chance at the life she always wanted and sold her daughter so she could have the gil to return to the socialite life she lived before marrying Nichiel. Cycles later she seeks Deirdre out in Ul'dah, desperate to marry her off in to a rich family to continue her gluttonous ways. She ends up slaughtered in an alley, killed by her daughter's brutal and unforgiving hand.
- Brother: Bancroft Gairn – (38 Cycles) – A dark haired Moonkeeper Miqo'te and Deirdre's adopted older brother, seven cycles her senior. Ban was taken in by her father as a smithing apprentice and lived with their family her whole childhood. Deirdre looked up to Ban, and the two were inseparable, the young girl often choosing to sleep with her older brother than in her own bed. She had thought him to be dead alongside her father, though he was not present when the village was attacked and ultimately destroyed. Deirdre regards Ban as one of the only men she ever loved beside her father, and is extremely loyal to him.
Player Character Standings
- Please note: The below list constantly changes. Character names will appear on the list if Deirdre has some regard of them, and they may move in categories. If Deirdre does not think much of a character or has forgotten they existed, the character's name will be removed from the list.
- ♥ Romantic Interest ♥ Sexual Desire ♥ Platonic Love ● Good Standing ● Neutral Standing ● Poor Standing
- ■ "She tried to stab me when we first met. She is clearly crazy. I have a soft spot when it comes to crazy though. Go figure." - Yssen Van
- ■ "Blue ain't the type to back down, even from me. That doesn't say much for her smarts, but she's a brave little thing. Not bad on the eyes, either." - Klarimel Surtsthalsyn
- ■ "I pray to the Twelve that she finds peace. That woman needs it more than most..." - Alothia Starkwood
- ■ "She is precious sister with much love. Could not protect once before but will not be failing again. Cannot lose her, may never see again.." - Bancroft Gairn
- ■ "Her eyes. Her eyes pierce your soul. Those icy coloured... Gah. I shudder just thinking about it." - Paradyme Capellago
- ■ "Aye, it's unfortunate I didn't get to know her well while we were both in OS&R. She was truly beautiful, inside and out." - Aerostein Epitaph
- ■ "A woman who's deserved much more than she's been granted. She's more like to put a dagger between my ribs than accept so, but I'll show her yet a world worthy of all she's done." - Felix Drake
- ■ Deirdre's mental condition can be labeled as Schizoaffective Disorder
- ■ She is afraid of getting her hair cut.
- ■ She is very attracted to Highlander males.
- ■ She is shy around Miqo'te males, but more attracted to them than Highlanders, but only Keepers.
- ■ She is a poor swimmer.
Other Fan Art
- Template credit goes to Bancroft Gairn <3
- Deirdre's name is actually from a Celtic story.