Ajisai is a wandering fotune-teller. For a certain price, he can determine your fate, provide other kinds of occult service, or even some helpful wisdom to aide and guide.
Appearance & Personality
- Ajisai is a 6'5" tall, blue skinned, and has light hair with blue/purple tones. His eyes are a distinct pink color. His horns and plating, traditional to the Au Ra race, indicate he is bred from one of the Xaela clans.
- While he often meets people as a insightful and powerful oracle of fate, anyone who truly knows him would have seen his playful and arguably eccentric personality. More than that, he's observant and incisive when it comes to relationships and manners of the heart. He's a master study in many manners of fortune-telling, magic, and the occult.
- Born into the Tumet tribe, Ajisai was raised along with the many brothers and sisters of his generation. The Tumet valued strength and physical prowess, though Ajisai turned out to be much late in his body's own development.
- Upon their tenth summer, as custom, the children of the Tumet were each tied to a tree, while the rest of the tribe carried on without them, a coming of age ritual designed to test their strength and ability to survive. While each and all of the other children escaped, Ajisai couldn't break free of his bonds, and was left alone to his fate.
- Ajisai struggled in his bonds, desperate to escape and survive, but with each attempt, and passing time, he inevitably grew weaker and weaker. Ajisai survived his ordeal for three days and three nights, with only the dousing rain dripping off the tree's leaves to provide him nourishment. Without food or sleep, he was already unconscious by the time his rescue came, that came in a group of Raen's people.
- The unconscious youth was brought back to the Raen's village, a farming community, where a terrible drought had laid their fields bare. Following the instructions of their local oracles, they sought out Ajisai, taking him back to the village, where the rain had indeed followed. While Ajisai was slowly nursed back to health, the village rejoiced in three full days of nourishing rain, and sprouting crops, up until he awoke on the fourth morning.
- Thankful for the gift he unwittingly gave them, the villagers welcomed Ajisai as a permanent staple in their community. From then on, he lived with the village's oracles, and was even given a name of his very own to hold, "Uranaishi no Ajisai" - "Hydrangea of the Diviners", a referance to the flowers that bursted to bloom, when he arrived in their village.
- Staying at the village, under the care of the oracles, Ajisai honed his mind and tapped into his inner potential as a prophesier of fates. He became well versed in a number of fortune telling techniques, and had become a master of magic.
- Incidentally, this was also the time he became adept at the art of drinking. From a young age, he learned to hold his liquor with the best of them, as it was a custom for the oracles of the to have nightly celebrations over ferments.
- Following the rest of the refugees from Othard, Ajisai had abandoned his home to find succor in the new land of Eorzea. Though the land and it's customs were strange, he found he could quickly adapt, and decided to continue pursuing his regular occupation as a fortune-teller and divine consultant.
- With the reclamation of Doma from the Garlean Empire, he's now putting forth his efforts to help rebuild the city-state to it's former glory. Despite his diligence, however, he hasn't quite given up his nomadic lifestyle yet...
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
You may remove this entire section if you want.
- Template by Bancroft Gairn
- Theme Song:
The Fortune Teller:
- Spilling Tears
- To One
- Rainy Day
The Friend, Mentor, Big Brother:
- TV Tropes:
- Bunny Ears Lawyer
- Cheshire Cat Grin
- The Chessmaster
- Equivalent Exchange
- Sugar And Ice Personality
- Trickster Mentor
- Big Brother Mentor
- Never Gets Drunk
- Wine Is Classy