| Altan Kogan
|| Au Ra
|| Mid 20s
| Marital Status
|| Apprentice Researcher and Body Guard
Altan ( /Al-tahn/ )
Altan is tall, lean, and muscular. An athletic build, he towers in a crowd and is obviously a warrior of some type. A member of the Kogan tribe, and offshoot of clan Kagon that took to the mountains in search of dark caves and the rare crystals they collected and peddled to travelers. Altan himself was considered a gifted warrior among his clan. He wields a Katana during combat, using a sword form he and his father developed together. Up until a few years ago he had been devoted to said clan, worshiping the Night goddess Nhaama and follow strict Nocturnal lifestyles. Altan's drift away from the clan's traditions began on the day he was born and named. His name, meaning Red Dawn or Golden, was given to him by a family that quietly lived heretical lives, going out into the sunlight to bathe in the glory of Azim for a few rare short hours while the rest of their people slept. He himself grew to love the practice as well, which eventually led to his exile. His interests since have been focused on the Garlean empire and the study of the Allagan empire, believing if he could understand Allag technology better than the Garleans he could best them. Otherwise his main focus is the protection of his companion, Tsuta Satsuki.
★ Appearance ★
Body: Lean but strong; with ropy muscles that are built for speed and strength.
Hair: Crimson red hair that is kept back, away from his face. Clean, and carefully ordered.
Eyes: A dull grey.
Noticeable Features: Aside from the usual Au Ra features, he almost always seems to be in a self-made uniform of red and black.
Voice: Altan boasts a deep bass, tinged generally with a sarcastic tone.
★ Personality ★
Demeanor: Quiet at times, but otherwise highly opinionated and confident. The way he moves and talks shows that his obnoxious self-confidence is based on some level of skill.
Quirks: Altan has a massive soft spot for children, though begrudgingly so.
Intelligence: Having grown up in a isolated tribe, his education was sporadic up until a point in his very late teens/early twenties. At this point he still struggles to remember certain words from the common Hyuran tongue.
Theme Song: WIP
- ★ Humorous
- ★ People smart
- ★ Cunning
- ★ Caring, though not openly.
- ★ Clever with his hands and traps
- ★ Roughly educated, struggles with reading/writing.
- ★ Quietly depressed, and badly so
- ★ Confident, not cripplingly, just annoyingly so
- ★ Second guesses himself against magic
- ★ Not good at expressing himself
- ★ Temperamental
- ★ Stubborn
- ★ Alignment: Chaotic Good
- ★ Vice: Pillowhouses
- ★ Favorite Food: MEAT.
- ★ Favorite Drink: ALE.
- ★ Favorite Color: Sea green
- ★ Can play the lute
- ★ Can fashion Tiara’s and rings and the like from natural resources like twigs, branches, leaves, etc
- ★ Sometimes appears to have a hard time finding the right words
- ★ Is surprisingly lithe and graceful on his feet when the need arises
- ★ Listening to conversations
- ★ Children
- ★ Witty comments
- ★ Spending Gil
- ★ Strange and unique things and people
- ★ The sound of certain types of metals grinding against each other.
- ★ Stupidity, though not ignorance
- ★ Things touching his horns
- ★ people touching his tail, except for kids
- ★ Belligerence, ironically
- ★ People who give up or quit easily
- ★ Exploring
- ★ Hunting
- ★ Metal working
- ★ Skilled with a Katana and knives.
- ★ Has a significant pool of personal aether that essentially goes unused.
- ★ Skilled with making things with his hands.
- ★ Non-magical wound tending
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
◢ Common Rumors (Easily overheard)
- ■ "The big fellow over there? Eh, I hear he’s got some skill with metal working. Kind of a jackass though.” –Brawny Roegadyn.
- ■ "Altan? He’s nice, but he pretends not to be. I think he’s trying to impress that fish-lady that he’s always following around. I don’t think it’s working.” –Tiny Hyur Child
- ■ "Mr. Kogan? He’s got an incredible brain but his education is so utterly absent that it’s almost hopeless for him to catch up. He can’t even read! Imagine, not being able to read. Without my books my life would be an empty shell. Ahh, what a poor, poor soul.” –Snooty Scholar
◢ Moderate Rumors (Moderately difficult to overhear)
- ■ "There are times when I think he’s going to kill me, then there are times where I think he’d die just to keep me from missing a meal. Usually though, he doesn’t seem to care at all. I can’t get a read on him, it’s like he’s a wild animal. One you want to love and pet, but you never know when he’s just going to bite off your hand for it.” –Innkeeper
- ■ "I think I saw him just a moment ago. He had a bottle of ale in his hand the size of me head, and it was half empty and let me just tell you- he wasn’t sharing with nobody.” –Pox infected Weaver
- ■ "Yeah, I know who you’re talking about. He’s got a thing for Miss Satsuki he walks around with yeah? Always staring at her like she’s his next meal. I bet he gets her attention in about a thousand years though, the way he treats her sometimes.” –Annoying Elderly Jeweler
◢ Rare Rumors (Very difficult or rarely overheard)
- ■ " “Man.. Stay away from him man. Once, I saw some drunk try and grope his fish lady, and he glowed man. Literally glowed. I swear he would’ve torn the guy in half but, man, that fish lady has a hold on him, and stopped him. Man.. he’s some kind of demon.” –Intoxicated Hyur
- ■" “Oh, I know who you mean. You’re talking about the virgin. How do I knows he’s a virgin, you ask? Because I bloody well heard him say he was. It was something he said in passing to that bitch he walks around with. Frankly, in my opinion, he’s either gay or an idiot. How could you walk around with something like that and remain a virgin. Bloody moron.” –Perverted Tavern Worker
◢ PC Rumors (Rumors from the characters of other players, feel free to add your own!)
- ♥ Romantic Interest ♥ Sexual Desire ♥ Platonic Love ● Good Standing ● Neutral Standing ● Poor Standing
- ♥ Tsuta Satsuki : Travelling partners, non-romantic relationship, to Altan's chagrin.
- ♥ Tolun Dalamiq : Adopted child, currently hostage to the Garlean Empire.
This is not common knowledge of this character. You may only utilize this information IC if you have actually spoken to a person who knows it or were present throughout the time it happened. Use of this OOC information will be flagged as god-moding and I will not react to it ICly if I feel this is what you're doing.