| As'elena Hyun
|| Limsa Lominsa
| Marital Status
|| Storm Captain of the Fourth Squadron, Third Levy
As'elena Hyun is a middle-aged Female Seeker of the Sun and patriotic soldier of Limsa Lominsa's Grand Company - the Maelstrom. With over two decades of service under her belt as a ruthless and determined sailor of the Knights of the Barracuda, As'elena Hyun has grown into the role of a defiant and free woman, keeping no oaths but the ones she swore to the Thalassocratic Navy. Known by reputation of often having been an extremist in the past, she does not shy away from using powder, steel and magic to combat any who would be a threat to the maritime city-state.
Born in northern Eorzea in a small Seeker tribe based off the coasts of Dravania, As'elena grew up in the outskirts of the Sharlayan colonies. Growing up in a society that values study and magical pursuit, she got exposed to the practice at young age. Upon coming of age she studied at a Sharlayan academy in the Hinterlands, focusing primarily in the arts of Thaumaturgy, navigational star reading and arcanima theory
After the Garlean's first invasion into Aldenard and the fall of Ala Mhigo, the Sharlayan colonies were abandoned and its people returned to the Old World where the heart of their City-State persists to this day. However, the Wyvern Tribe from which she hailed remained behind, not wishing to give up on their coastal home. Whether it was because of the Sharlayan's departure or simply a terrible twist of faith, the village fell prey to a large raid of bandits seeking glory and loot. Most of the tribe was decimated or captured, taken as slaves or worse, with only a handful able to get away. As'elena was one of such cases and with hard work and determination managed to travel south to the tropical regions of Vylbrand where she ended up in Limsa Lominsa, the hive of piracy and scum in the world.
Being only sixteen summers with naught but the clothes she wore and a bag with whatever she could salvage from home she was now in a city, barely a state, run by pirates, ambitious men and debauchery. Following her love for the sea, As'elena approached Coral Tower, back then the primary headquarters of the Lominsan armada - The Knights of the Barracuda where she signed up as a young recruit and able-bodied sailor.
Cycles passed and as As'elena grew older, so did her experience and loyalty to the Barracuda and the city-state. With the unfortunate murder of the Admiral and exile of her direct superior; Commodore Stahlmann for his selfish ambitions, Limsa Lominsa was thrown upside down with the return of Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn who took the mantle of Admiral and quickly declared old maritime law to promote herself to Chief Admiral and unify Limsa Lominsa against its many enemies. As'elena as a member of the Fourth Squadron of the Barracuda was donated to the newly revived Maelstrom, forming the bulk of its primary forces.
- ■ Music
- ■ Drinking
- ■ Dancing
- ■ Sailing
- ■ Study of magic
- ■ Commodore Reyner Hansred
- ■ Pirates
- ■ Former Commodore Stahlmann
- ■ Garleans
- ■ The Twin Adder
- ■ Disrespect
- ■Alignment: Varies
- ■ Birthdate: 11th Sun of the 5th Astral Moon
- ■ Guardian(s): Llymlaen, the Navigator; Thaliak, the Scholar; Azeyma, The Warden
- ■ Favorite Food: La Noscean Toast, Dodo Steak
- ■ Favorite Drink: Ale, Rum, Fruity Mixed Drinks
- ■ Favorite Color: Maelstrom Red
Some of these rumors may be untrue or exaggerated.
◢ Common Rumors (Easily overheard)
- ■ "When there is singing in the Wench, it's almost always her and her crew." - Lominsan Citizen
- ■ "That lass wears far too much red. Looks more like an obsession if you ask me." - Lominsan Sailor
◢ Moderate Rumors (Moderately difficult to overhear)
- ■ "She used to visit quite regularly after a long voyage back in the day." - Lominsan Courtesan
- ■ "That woman spends a lot of time with those Sanguine pirate lasses. She seems awfully friendly with them." - Maelstrom Soldier
◢ Rare Rumors (Very difficult or rarely overheard)
- ■ "Rumour goes that she provoked and attacked pirate crews across the city and shoves blame onto them to create an excuse to get rid of them." - Midlander Privateer
- ■ "Some say she sunk a Twin Adder transport ship and killed every last survivor of the wreckage over a Frontline grudge. Maelstrom seems to cover it up for her too." - Tavern Goer
: ♥ Romantic Interest ♥ Attraction ● Good Standing ● Poor Standing
- ● Name: Natsu Gunji : Raen Au Ra Female: - What can I say about Natsu. She's a noblewoman from far away, forced to settle here against her wishes. I feel for her and I like her greatly. She always manages to calm me down and make me smile. - As'elena Hyun
- ● Name: Kaitlyn Nelhah : Keeper Miqo'te Female: - I met this lass in a Free Company I signed up with during my extended shore-leave. She's now the boss of a company and while I don't know her that well, I'd say we're good acquaintances. Even if we aren't, it's too bad for her, for I enjoy riling her up. - As'elena Hyun
- ● Name: Aelia Whitesea : Raen Au Ra Female: - I met this grumpy scaly woman in a Free Company. Didn't know what to think of her at first, but she opened up to me eventually. She's a bloody Garlean, but about the only one I didn't want to shoot. I consider her a friend, but lately I'm unsure if she considers anyone the same. - As'elena Hyun
- ● Name: A'rinra Rhuwa : Seeker Miqo'te Female: - I met this woman down at the docks in Limsa Lominsa. She's much like myself and I both like and respect her for it. I'm definitely interested in getting to know this woman. - As'elena Hyun