|Clan||Seeker of the Sun|
Avery Colt is a Miqo'te Treasure Seeker and Monster Hunter, currently operating as a Sky Pirate based in Ishgard and Idyllshire.
Appearance & Personality
- Avery is a tall, handsome Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te, bearing the characteristic tan skin and feline pupils of his people. Perhaps his most notable feature is his false right eye, a bright white in contrast to his other eye, a deep sea blue. This is usually accompanied by an ever-present glare and a foul attitude, as Avery is not one to play nice when it doesn't benefit him. A man with a rather distressing past, he aims to carve his own path in the world and make a name for himself among the great legends of treasure hunting. Getting rich along the way doesn't hurt, either.
Avery shows a definite abandonment of his culture, having changed his name after his tribe perished under Garlean fire. He lives as an independent Miqo'te now, and does not wish to return to tribal culture. Avery has a wild side, which if left unchecked can become rather destructive and chaotic when he loses control of himself. In this state of frenzy, Avery will not hesitate to shoot to kill, and has even fired on friend and foe alike in his madness. He has a fondness for flashy gadgets and inventions, and loves a good explosion.
- Born X'Vary Tia of the Lynx Tribe, Avery lived out his childhood among his people in Southern Thanalan. In a smaller settlement not far from Forgotten Springs, the Lynx tribe lived peacefully, living off the land and hunting the beasts of the deserts. The one son born to the tribe's current Nunh, Avery seemed fit to challenge him for the role in later life.
- Avery struggles to remember how long ago, but at some point in his teens, the Lynx tribe were set upon by a small Garlean force. It had managed to trek through Thanalan unnoticed and had come across the Miqo'te by sheer coincidence, and after a brief battle the tribe was completely overwhelmed. The surviving members of the clan were sold on as slaves, the wounded being transported to a Garlean facility in Northern Thanalan run by the infamous magitek researcher Juvius mal Terras. Still fighting against his restraints days into his capture, wounded and missing an eye no less, Avery was chosen to become the latest guinea pig in Terras' next research project due to his perceived resilience. What came to follow was several horrific surgery procedures, as well as several years of experimentation and rigorous testing.
- During Operation Archon, Juvius' research center lost power as a result of the explosion as Ultima Weapon fell to the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. Powerless to contain him in his cell any more, the scientists at the facility were no match for Avery and his thirst for vengeance after years of torture. Armed with a firearm he lifted from a guard he killed with his bare hands, Avery proceeded to hunt down Juvius himself and put several hundred rounds into the man's body. Once the bloodbath was over, the miqo'te made off with a satchel of Garlean technology, with the view of using it to fund his freedom. However, the most valuable piece of all - Juvius' own creation, the Crystaltek Occulus, had been used to replace Avery's missing eye during one of the experiments. Deciding to put his new magitek addition to use, Avery parted with a few pieces of Garlean tech in exchange for a personal airship, and since then he has been roaming the skies above Dravania and Abalathia searching for treasure to make a living.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
◢ Common Rumors (Easily overheard)
◢ Moderate Rumors (Moderately difficult to overhear)
◢ Rare Rumors (Very difficult or rarely overheard)
◢ PC Rumors (Rumors from the character's of other players)
You may remove this entire section if you want.
- Template by Bancroft Gairn
- Theme Song: Bang Bang Bang - Big Bang
- TV Tropes: Mad Bomber, Used to Be a Sweet Kid