From RPC Library
- Fueled by a strong sense of justice, Brooks Blacktear feels his purpose in life is to help those in need and protect the innocent beings of Eorzea. He is utterly devoted to his friends and loved ones and is equally unforgiving toward his enemies. He has a tendency to hold a grudge, and his newly acquired magick sometimes causes him to appear almost bloodthirsty, to the unacquainted.
- ■ His mother's amulet
- ■ Food / Eating
- ■ Nature / Outdoors
- ■ Making new friends
- ■ Bullies
- ■ Snobs or arrogance
- ■ Windowless rooms
- ■ People who take advantage of others
- ■ Alignment: Chaotic Good
- ■ Vice(s): Stubborn, Self-Image Issues
- ■ Favorite Food: Seafood (Fish)
- ■ Favorite Drink: Sweet, Exotic Wines
- ■ Favorite Color: Black
- Brooks is tall and thin, with lean muscle beneath his dark skin. He appears far more athletic in build than most magick wielders. He wears his hair long and somewhat shaggy, clearly preferring to groom himself rather than visit an aesthetician. An old scar can be seen if one looks closely, drawn diagonally below his red, right eye.
- Brooks Blacktear's true name is a secret kept by him and his father alone; he was born as a result of his father, Khaydo'a's infidelity. As his mother W'elune was from the Seeker of the Sun tribe, it seemed natural to her to live with Khaydo'a's existing family once Broooks was born. However, Khaydo'a's family were all of the Keeper of the Moon tribe, and unaccustomed (and unaccepting, especially his wife) of this tradition. After attempting to live together for seven years, W'elune left with Brooks after Khaydo'a lost his temper and said something unforgivable to his bastard son.
- W'elune and Brooks led a nomadic life after leaving Khaydo'a's family; shunned by her own tribe, the mother and son had only each other. They lived off the land for the most part, and W'elune ventured into the city to work odd-jobs when they required gil. When Brooks was age 13, W'elune accepted a more permanent job, tending to the stables of the magus Aregileon Salstano. Aregileon happened upon Brooks one day and intrigued by the magick he sensed in the boy, took him on as an apprentice.
- Aregileon's intentions were nefarious however, and his desire was to corrupt the boy and use him as a weapon. As the years progressed and Brooks grew stronger and more obedient under his tutelage, it became clear that W'elune's presence was hindering Aregileon's progress. Unbeknownst to Brooks, the illness that his mother contracted and ultimately died of was actually caused by a poison administered by his master.
- Following his mother's death, at age 17 Brooks requested a leave of absence from his master, which Aregileon "graciously" granted. For the past year he has been traveling and focusing his energy on helping those in need, rather than on his own grief. He recently reconnected with his half-sister, Lutu Caunsi, whom he hadn't seen in nearly a decade. But it is only a matter of time until Aregileon reclaims his pupil.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
♥ Romantic Interest ♥ Platonic Love ● Good Standing ● Poor Standing
- Template by Bancroft Gairn