Confiance desFerme is an Elezen student and teacher of arcanima, who regularly travels between Limsa Lominsa and his home city of Gridania.
This Elezen man dresses youthfully, clear-cut angles and fashionable colours making frequent appearances in his wardrobe. He carries himself similarly - a confident ease in his upright posture.
This is in sharp contrast to everything else about him. His ancient face is criss-crossed with agelines, his thin grey hair drapes down to his shoulders, and he tires quickly when walking long distances.
He is occasionally accompanied by a carbuncle of the standard emerald or topaz geometries. He seems to have good command of the creature; it follows at his heel and rarely causes mischief. Rarely.
- he's both a student and a teacher at Mealvaan's Gate;
- he frequently travels between Gridania and Limsa Lominsa;
- he is experienced enough in arcanima that he is capable of taking on apprentices who are brand new to the topic;
- a young Elezen of the same name was trained at Stillglade Fane for a number of years just prior to the Calamity;
- he is the adoptive son of a Gridanian nobleman and his Sharlayan wife;
- IFF your character is a Scion of the Seventh Dawn, they may know that Confiance is also one such.
These are rumours that your character might be able to learn about Confiance, either from chance overhearings or from purposefully asking around about him.
Rumours near the top are more likely to be learned easily, whereas ones near the bottom are more obscure. Please use your discretion - bearing in mind your character's skills, abilities, and contacts - as to what they are able to learn about him. Contact me if you're unsure whether something's okay!
- He is an alcoholic.
- He is a sharply observant person; bordering on the nosy, in fact.
- He has a retainer, paid for by his family.
- He used to be a conjurer.
- He was a foundling. His parents are adoptive.
More rumours, and additional flavour information about his history and traits, can be found at his tumblr profile.