There is new hope reborn in every tragedy.» ————————— ›🌙 ‹ ————————— «
■ BIRTH NAME: O'kihp Tia
■ RACE & CLAN: Miqo'te - Seeker of the Sun
■ GENDER: Male
■ AGE & NAMEDAY: 19 | 17th Sun of the 1st Astral Moon
■ ORIENTATION & STATUS: Demisexual/Bisexual | Single
■ TRIBE: Formerly Mole Tribe (extinct)
■ CURRENT RESIDENCE: somewhere in La Noscea
■ OCCUPATION: Fishercat/Traveling Merchant
■ SKIN COLOR: Fair; severely blemished with scars
■ EYE COLOR & FUR COLOR: Bright Silver | Gloom Purple
■ HEIGHT & WEIGHT: 5.42 fulms | 115 ponze
First contact is often a gamble. What may seem to be a calm and somewhat reserved fishercat can easily turn into a grouchy hermit without preamble. His personality is imbalanced due to both his upbringing and the harsh side-effects of being permanently separated from what was forged by his tainted aether. He bore an unsettling hollowness that he gradually grew accustomed to under the care of some old friends, but since then, Chip has never been quite the same. He is unstable and oft anti-social, but underneath it all is a lonely boy with a broken heart. Glimpses of the previous identity of the boy can sometimes be seen, whether it be the sparkle in his eye when he fishes, or the warmth of a smile that teases uncertain lips. Although he will still accept companionship with others, Chip is far more reserved than he was before the change. Social contact is tolerated, but most are treated with an open and instinctive caution that goes beyond a natural distrust for strangers.
If you're lucky to earn the youth's fragile trust and friendship, his loyalty is profound and he might just offer you one of his latest catches for free. Take heed, however, of the unstable aura that follows the youth, for it is a part of him for reasons best left unsaid.
From afar, his crown of deep purple tresses may be the first thing you spot. These striking merlot strands frame a narrow and elongated visage that is gradually shedding its youthful qualities. Shaded beneath unruly bangs, orbs of illuminated starlight gaze upon his surroundings with a cautious and oft inquisitive air, and tend to reflect his emotions with startling intensity.
A scrawny build foretells a legacy of prolonged starvation and neglect. He is shorter than most his age, and it is unlikely that he will become any taller. Hidden behind a regularly clothed backside is a heavily blemished canvas that describes more of his past than Chip would ever care to admit. Smaller and less formidable scars mar his arms, while his neck, wrists, and ankles share similar callused remnants of flesh once rubbed raw. A lashing tail of violet fluff completes the wild look of a roaming animal.
Because he travels often, his attire is usually quite dirty and worn. Aside from a simple gray gilet and khaki slops, various pouches and a dark brown satchel layer his outfit with items of a wandering merchant. A hand-stitched red bandanna hides the calluses encircling his throat, and wooden bracelets with a single intricate carving adorn callused wrists. Typically, a fishing pole is always present on his person.... unless said object is broken or missing.
Voice: Some could say his voice is likened to that of sandpaper. Aside from it being deepened by one who has reached maturity, his tenor is distinctly gravelly and hoarse, as if it had been misused for quite a long time. He speaks somewhat softly and easily, though when provoked, his voice often drops into an irritated growl that is laced with warning. It would be wise never to piss him off.
- There are thick scars across his heels where his Achilles Tendons were severed multiple times in order to prevent escape.
- Ragged claw marks streak across his back, administered by himself in order to hide a hurtful message carved there by a dagger.
- Thick calluses encircle his wrists, ankles, and throat--painful reminders of skin once rubbed bloody and raw by metal shackles.
- Various patches of his skin, especially on his shoulders and upper chest, are raised and rough to the touch. These are burns caused by a certain hunter's napalm thrower.
- A stab wound on his shoulder, just a few ilms above his heart.
- Nicked left ear.
- Narrow cut along the inside of his wrist.
- A stab wound on his right side, just above his hip.
L I K E S
D I S L I K E S
Q U I R K S
- Leather satchel - Contains a tin flask normally filled with fresh river water, a gil pouch that is usually empty, a spool of thread used to repair his fishing pole if necessary, and several other items he's acquired during his travels.
- Wooden music box - Chip's first Starlight gift, presented to him from Skycat. It was thought to have been lost in the same flames that had destroyed his camp, but was eventually returned to the boy. The box is pale and seamless, with the name "Chip" carved upon the lid. The "i" is dotted in the shape of a fish. Since the day it was returned, Chip takes it with him wherever he goes. Music Box Song
- Hawk feather - A gift from Sorrel that he keeps tucked inside his satchel, hidden from sight and memory.
- Dagger - A rugged makeshift shiv. It ain't exactly deadly, but it makes its point.
- Fishing Pole - A simple elm fishing rod bought from the markets in Gridania.
- Frying Pan - A keepsake scavenged from the abandoned cabin where he first learned how to fish.
- Tetragonal Crystal - Though no longer a deadly weapon to Ashkin, the vacant crystal remains within a velvet pouch and safe on his person. It is translucent and despairingly mundane, but Chip still treats it as a precious Starlight gift.
- Handmade Red Scarf - She remembered the day they first met. The scarf crafted by her own hands proved their undying friendship when Nym managed to find Chip many years later. The precious item is worn at all times around his neck.
- Wooden Bracelets - Despite their plain appearance, the bracelets are enchanted with a spell to help lessen the effects of aether sickness when Chip uses Elemancy. A single elemental-infused crystal is placed in the center of each bracelet, and when his ability is activated, the aether is siphoned through the bracelets before entering his body. This gives him a way to control how much aether is used from the crystal, and decreases his overall risk of overexposure. The bracelets are also conventionally wide enough to hide the calluses on his wrists.
- ■ Semi-Impervious. He doesn't seem to be bothered by the elements, but that doesn't mean he feels nothing during a blizzard or a thunderstorm. He just doesn't show it.
- ■ Blood Memory. A trait carried over from darker days, whenever he ingests someone's blood, the taste is imprinted into his taste buds and he will always remember the identity of that person by the flavor of their blood.
- ■ Keen Sensory. Like most Miqo'te, Chip possesses a heightened sense of smell and sharp hearing, but he also has an uncanny awareness that stems from instinctual paranoia. He can oft detect an approaching threat before it even reaches his campsite, even if they make no sound.
- ■ Elemancy. After a visit to the Crooked Broom, Chip discovered that he possesses the ability to absorb the elemental properties of aether that’s contained in crystals. It only occurs whenever he gets angry or has a strong desire to win a fight, and the amount of aether used per second depends greatly on the level of his emotional state. This conversion lasts for as long as there remains aether in the crystal, or his body can handle the sudden influx of alien aether. Oftentimes after the elemental properties fade, Chip will be inflicted with mild to moderate symptoms of aether sickness that fade over time.
- Wind: Increased speed and evasion. If the presence is strong enough, he can even teleport short distances.
- Fire: Fierce and unquenchable like wildfire, Chip will briefly lose sight of friend from foe and attack anything in his path. His skin will burn hot as if suffering from a high fever, which is usually a side effect after the aetherical properties fade.
- Earth: Takes on defensive qualities such as increased stamina and the ability to endure hits that would normally fatally damage his body. Once the sensations pass, he becomes fatigued and mildly sore.
Some of these rumors are untrue, speculation, or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under the Player Character category!
◢ Common Rumors - Easily overheard. Use these freely!
◢ Uncommon Rumors - A little more difficult to hear. Use sparingly or ask first!
◢ Rare Rumors - Very rarely overheard. Please ask before using!
◢ Player Character Rumors - Feel free to add rumors of your own!
Fish Merchant. Are you looking to buy some fish? Perhaps he could be of some assistance.
Bane of the Mole Tribe. There were no survivors, but many a rumor floats around that the one who massacred the Tribe remains alive. Such rumors can especially be heard around Eastern/Southern Thanalan. Confront him about it at your own peril.
Ex-gypsy. The shadow of a boy lived under the name Azrael and was housed by a traveling gypsy caravan in Southern Thanalan. Perhaps your character saw one of their performances, or noticed them from afar? Those were of happier times...
Groot! You may have seen Chip traveling with a baby Goobbue in tow at some point. The seedkin has since then grown up, but he's still lurking about in the wilds of La Noscea! It would be hard not to spot him among other Goobbue, as Groot is adorned with braided bracelets of grass from grateful Sylphs who wanted to honor their hero.
Fishing. He fishes! Is your character interested in learning how to fish, or needs some tips? He just might agree to help out.
Combat Novice. Recent events have left the simple fishercat seeking other talents, such as how to defend himself. Perhaps your character could assist in teaching him how to fight? He’s currently seeking lessons in hand-to-hand combat, as well as how to fight with sharp objects.
Familial Tribe. Perhaps your character is a long lost member of the extinct Mole Tribe? There’s a chance that not everyone was present at the main camp during the fateful massacre. I’m definitely open to this possibility :)
Customized. Got an idea of how they might meet? Please let me know! I'm always interested in character interactions, and if it's a new and unique approach, even better!
- Chip pose2.png
CURRENT SERVER: Balmung
VOICE CLAIM: Cloud from FFVII
CONTACT INFORMATION: I sometimes RP in-game, as well as in Discord. You can also reach me here: RPC Profile
OTHER CHARACTERS: Asher
Length. Whenever I'm not RPing in-game and through a means that has a very generous character limit, I tend to para-RP. I by no means expect you to match my length. It's just a personal habit of mine.
Response Time**. This honestly varies with me. Sometimes I'll respond within the hour or within the day, but other times it can take me a few days before I have a chance to sit down and write. I certainly won't keep you waiting for more than a week, and I'll usually let you know if it'll be awhile before I can whip up a reply.
Combat. I prefer the "dice-roll" style, but I'm down to using other methods as well.
Flexibility. I'm always open to OOC discussion during RP. Don't be afraid to ask!
Character Injury. Please discuss with me about temporary/serious injuries before carrying it out. Chances are, I'm down for anything, but I prefer to plan beforehand.
Plots. Plots are like snowballs and I love both. Got an idea for a plot to involve our characters? Please share! I try to be open for anything.
PERSONAL RP LIMITS
Mature Themes: I love dark and gory scenes--as long as they are logical and plot-driven.
Romance**: I don't mind flirting and stuff, but it ultimately depends on the character. Please talk to me if you're interested in RPing a romance with Chip, but please don't expect an instant "couple in a day" thing. Relationships take time to build, so please respect this.
Multi-themed. Humor, romance, drama, angst. I'm basically down for anything except ERP.
*ERP and Rape Plots.
*Permanent Character Death.
- ■ Layout adapted from the profile of D'lyhhia Lhuil
- ■ Music tab taken from the profile of Glioca Sargonnai
- ■ Color Key taken from the profile of Seiko Mamushi
- ■ Pictures under relationships idea taken from the profile of Rihxo Matoi
- ■ Certain color key icons taken from the profile of Xeiz Feine
- ■ Gallery code taken from Glioca Character Template v2
- ■ RP Hooks/OOC tables taken from the profile of Kanako Moonweaver