Jump to navigation Jump to search
Personality Abilities & Skills Connections Musical Themes Rumors Miscellaneous
|Nameday||Date 19th Sun of the 3rd Umbral Moon|
|Online||7PM-1AM EST (M-F)|
- "Life is the balance between complimentary forces; good versus evil, warmth overpowering cold, love conquering hate, life surviving death, young outgrowing old. These forces are at constant play with one another and I walk the fine line between them. A perfect world is never perfect, there will always be evil carrying about a cold hate wanting only death until this world is old and dry. The response to this can be found in the good hearts of people bringing warmth and love, where the destined life of the young is to prevail over and over for eternity.
- What is it that is in the hearts of these people? It's obvious, Hydaelyn, the Mothercrystal." —Sylvain
- Height: 6'9" / 205cm
- Weight: 210lbs / 95kg
- Complextion: Fair
- Hair: Shaggy
- Eyes: Hazel
- Voice: Soft
- Dress: Formal
- Laterality: Right
- Raised by a father in service he grew up well disciplined and very proper. This militaristic upbringing creates a first impression of being cold and distant despite is unyielding want to help others with the skills he's been handed down. While he does want to establish a holistic connection with others he helps he had learned keeping his distance was best for both parties. The mask he wears allows him this barrier to keep the emotional variable suppressed allowing him to properly and fully help those who are in need. He will give people the benefit of the doubt until he finds a valid and just reason not to. He does not find being a 'bad' person one of those reasons as he knows everyone has a reason to do what they do (mostly). He values balance and just cause so long as the solution properly balances the problem to be solved.
- Sylvain is not much of a socializer and saves his words for when there is reason to speak them. Rarely he can be heard talking to himself trying to break things down and make sense of things. When he's met with something extremely complex he will dedicate the necessary time to simplify, register, and apply that knowledge going forward. He sees most things as a problem with a solution to be found and when there is no logical answer he will attempt to seek help in understanding it. His speech is to the point in hopes of seeking any answer as fast as possible to continually progress forward. At times he will not speak, not out of disinterest but he often gets lost in his own head while mulling things over and trying to piece things together and see the whole picture.
- An obsession of balance overcame him not too long ago. Once he realized and truly understood that there are always two universally paired forces, he came to the conclusion perfection is being the half way point in their spectrum. He is fascinated with water because of its adaptive properties to transform itself to fit the form of what it's in much like Sylvain adapting to fit the current situation he's in. This obsession with fluidity carries into his movement, even in combat. Often he can be seen in the woods of Gridania practicing such movements.
- He has built himself around others and their needs rather than his. While constantly trying to be what others need or want, this process has altered his core behavior to be seen as moot. To Sylvain, everything is an equation with a solution including people. This mentality creates distance between him and others as self preservation despite wanting to let people in. He has grown fond of wearing a mask that has become his crutch that ultimately keeps his true essence from being exposed. Jealousy of others overwhelms him at times and drives him to be more like them and less rigid. Others have tried to help him to achieve this but the burden was unfortunately more than expected.
- With always wanting to help others, he fears not being needed. He figures that if balance for everything is achieved then his purpose to exist is no more. Seeing this he has attempted to alter his focus from balance and order to optimal bliss. He's only just realized his need to adapt on such a large scale that he doesn't know where to begin.
- With his obsession for balance and control, Sylvain overtime has become skilled at body control and maintaining composure in tense situations. Stemming from his analytically focused thought process, mathematics are a natural ability which also includes estimation of time, distance, quantity, and foresight.
- He is far more skilled with mathematics and science over linguistics. History is not much of a concern as nothing can be changed but he understands its importance to avoid repeating failure. The disparity between the two is quite significant as he finds non-essential knowledge a waste of time to learn.
- Final Fantasy Characters: Cloud's soft spoken voice, Auron's objectiveness
- Other Game Characters: Lara Croft's determination
- Anime Characters: Kirito's desire to help from Sword Art Online, Nagate's dexterous precision from Knights of Sidonia
- Body control (breathing, heart rate, adrenaline), climbing, spatial awareness
- Aspiring alchemist
Etherwood - Begin By Letting Go