- Amianne Carnoix is a Duskwight often seen in the corner of one's gaze, reading from a well-worn grimoire and locking eyes behind an expressionless mask. She nigh-constantly seeks the darker corners of Eorzea, be it for her studies into the Arcane or her personal mission against slavery and trafficking. Amianne takes a liberal view of norms and laws, often deeming them a frivolous hindrance to progress.
- Amianne speaks with sesquipedalian diction to portend a veneer of erudition. She uses big words to sound smarter, but actually seems to have the brains to back them up. She appreciates the finer things in life, and has a weakness for women in power. Her largest aspirations are, in order, to painfully eliminate all slave traders and owners, then eventually take over the world.
- 1 Interests
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Biography
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Rumors
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Footnotes
- Morally Dubious Women
- Showing her face
- Poor writing
Foods: Seafood, especially shellfish
Drinks: Dessert wines, Rum, Black Tea
Colors: Purple, Black, White, Silver, Red
- Singing (to herself)
- Dancing (alone)
- Sharp features and pale blue skin, with thin black-painted lips nigh constantly pressed into a smirk. Amianne has a sharp gaze, somewhat offputting to the more sensitive.
- A nasty scar lies across her abdomen, given to her by the pirates who once enslaved her.
AlignmentTrue Neutral, Chaotic Evil leaning.
MotivationTo become the most powerful woman in Eorzea by way of superior Arcane knowledge. Or at least get close.
DispositionDryly cheerful if morbid.
Positive personality traitsAdaptable, Clever, Determined, Eloquent, Intelligent.
Negative personality traitsAloof, Cold, Deceptive, Impersonal, Prideful.
Miscellaneous quirksPrefers not to show her face in public, moderately frightened of Chocobos, hopelessly infatuated with Admiral Merlwyb.
- Amianne was born to a single mother and Wildwood Elezen father in a subterranean Duskwight dwelling in La Noscea. Her mother, a woman of low social standing, never had much luxury to raise Ami properly, instead needing to work constantly to ensure the two of them would survive. From a young age, Amianne took interest in magic, with a mind for logic drawing her towards Arcanima. With little to spare, however, she was never able to afford any sort of training, or even the supplies necessary to begin practice. In her early teens, she left for the surface and made for Limsa Lominsa.
- Amianne made an early attempt to join the Lominsan Arcanist's Guild, but was turned down due to her being falsely accused of theft for the simple convenience of her being a Duskwight. Disheartened, she took to petty theft and smuggling to keep herself alive while she sought alternative means of learning proper magic. During her time without a home, however, Amianne was kidnapped by a trafficking group funded and operated by a yet-unknown elder clan within Eorzea. This group held her in torturous conditions for several months. During her captivity, she met an elder woman who taught her the basic sigils necessary to cast Arcane spells to defend one's self. With this limited knowledge, she was sold to a pirate captain and brought aboard his ship.
- Now a slave aboard a pirate vessel, Amianne was subjected to hard labor and regular sexual abuse by the captain and his first mate. For nearly a year she endured these conditions, trying to find some way, any way to escape. One night, after particularly gruesome treatment, she made the realization that the only foolproof method to prevent harm to one's self is to be more powerful than those who would hurt you. She secretly practices sigils and Arcanima whenever she would get the chance until the opportune moment, when she would cast a spell to painfully warp the innards of her owner until, one by one, they failed and ended his life. The first mate was cast overboard by a well-placed Ruin spell in his leg, and Amianne declared herself the new captain. Any who questioned her authority were summarily executed.
- She donned her black wooden mask in resentment for her own appearance, blaming her abuse in part on her beauty. With a crew made loyal by fear, she roamed the seas for nearly a decade, taking a strict policy on raided ships: If she found treasure, she would take it and the crew would be spared. If she found slaves, they would be freed and the crew would be sunk with the ship. She slowly tired of her vocation, however, and sought to further herself as a mage rather than a pirate. She returned to Limsa Lominsa, paid off her own bounty, and demanded to be allowed into the Arcanist's Guild.
- With her life now returned to that of a scholar, Amianne has since taken a position as the treasurer and Arcane consultant of Treacherous Crow's Gilded Feather FC, a position she hopes will help her to find the clan who first sold her and, in the long run, take control of the world by any means she can think of.
- ♥ PERSON NAME - DESCRIPTION OF MEETING AND RELATIONSHIP. ADD ♥ Sexual Interest BEFORE THE DOUBLE BRACKET PERSON NAME IF THEY ARE OF SEXUAL INTEREST, NO MATTER WHERE THEY FALL ON THE LIST OF STANDING. YES, YOU CAN BE ATTRACTED TO ENEMIES, TOO!
- ♥ PERSON NAME - DESCRIPTION OF MEETING AND RELATIONSHIP
- ♦ Treacherous Crow - Ami's employer and Sworn Rival for Life. She has not yet decided if she wants to throw him from a bridge or turn any who would try to do so inside-out, but she finds him entertaining. He pays the bills at the very least.
- ♦ PERSON NAME - DESCRIPTION OF MEETING AND RELATIONSHIP
- ● Aeraea Lyril - Ami's fellow Free Company member. She suspects her of lying about the extent of her Thaumatugry and intends to find proof. Finds her otherwise intriguing. Occasionally drinks embezzlement wine together with her.
- ● PERSON NAME - DESCRIPTION OF MEETING AND RELATIONSHIP
- ↓ PERSON NAME - DESCRIPTION OF MEETING AND RELATIONSHIP
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC Rumors! Instructions on how: Show text
Copy the following line. Click the edit link beneath the Rumors heading. Paste BEFORE the </td></tr></table> line. : <font style="color:#aac5b4;" size="3">■</font> "QUOTE GOES HERE" - ''[[YOUR NAME HERE]]''
- ■ "The masked Elezen? She's a regular. Orders expensive wine and reads quietly for hours. Never seen where she runs off to..." - Drowning Wench Patron
- ■ "She seems to resent our Guild for whatever reason. I think she's a bit of a prude." - Arcanist's Guild Mage
- ■ "She always takes the long way to avoid the stables. Nice enough lady when I see her, though!" - La Noscean Chocobokeep
- ■ "She follows a bloke, bloke disappears. Damned Wight is a glamoured Voidsent if you ask me." - Unknown Lominsan 'Salesman'
- ■ "That mask of hers must have something nasty underneath. Bad burns, I'd wager." - Ul'dah Resident
- ■ "She was a pirate in a past life, I hear. Marched up to the Marauder's Guild and paid off her bounty. Never had any trouble since." - Sister of the Edelweiss
- ■ "In the day she drinks, smokes, and reads. Every night she kills for the damned fun of it. It's only a matter of time before we prove it." - Anonymous Wood Wailer
- ■ "I w-w-won't call her naught but 'captain'. You'd d-d-do well to find a r-r-respectful way to address her yourself." - "Shaky" Eilaf Blacke, Lominsan Fisherman