| Artigan Schezar
||Treasure Hunter, Adventure, Explorer
Artigan Schezar, formerly of the Drake, and once known long ago as U’awhri Tia, is a proverbial wayfarer and sea gypsy of Eorzea. He travels the lands in search of lost relics, history, and buried goods for the promise of coin and adventure. The Sunseeker is a rare breed in deed, as few travel so far, change so much, and becomes something no one expects.
Artigan, commonly known as the Couerl of Limsa by his enemies and Art by his friends, is a prominent member of the Pugilists Guild, and called simply a Adventurer for those wanting something that easily rolls off the tongue. When Artigan is not performing his duties for the guild, or for master Hamon the Holyfist, he is often seen lime lighting as a pit-fighter, treasure hunter, or liaison between Limsa Lominsa and Ul’dah; who travels frequently throughout the lands of Eorzea, or at least that is what he profanes to anyone wishing to know about his life, and he has quite a mouthful of story tales to tell.
- ■ Story Tales
- ■ Adventure
- ■ Treasure
- ■ Coin
- ■ Flirting
- ■ Good Senses of Humor
- ■ Freedom
- ■ Caste Systems
- ■ Estate Systems
- ■ Nepotism
- ■ Ideologues
- ■ Thugs
- ■ Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- ■ Vice(s): Lust & Avarice
- ■ Favorite Food: Fish
- ■ Favorite Drink: Chamomile Tea
- ■ Favorite Colors: Red, Black, Blue, Green, Gold, White, & Yellow
Appearance, Personality, & Information
- Artigan is well aged for his years, and appears to be in his mid to late twenties. His skin is healthy, tanned, and riddle with the scars of life; two of which rest upon his cheeks and appear to be bite marks. Artigan’s eyes are slit, narrow, and bright jade in appearance that are a sharp contrast to his dirty blonde hair with faint highlights of gold. Black tattoos adorn his face and a smear of rust red over his eyelids. He stands tall for a Miqo'te and has a body that hints at a life of hard work and rigor.
- Artigan’s cheek scars are due to a grapple with a particularly nasty alpha of a Coeurl pack that the Miqo’te eventually was able to subdue with little to no harm to the creature itself through the use of choke holds that caused the beast to simply pass out.
- Artigan comes off as easy going, laid back, with a rapier wit, and sharp tongue if provoked to such an extreme. He usually wears a smile or seems lost in complete thought, and speaks in a very candid, blunt, and honest manner. Artigan never seeks to harm, but is not known to spare a man or woman once they’ve crossed the lines of kill or be killed, as he holds no illusions of heroism or saving the day, let alone a life that sought to take his or another.
- In Limsa Lominsia, for those that know of Art, the citizenry openly gab about his distaste of titles, royalty, or systems of power that place one man or woman favorably over another because of birth. He prefers a man or woman be merited on their abilities and not the lottery life drew them. More or less he despises nepotism.
- In Ul’dah Artigan has a bit of a reputation as an insatiable flirt and contending pit-fighter in the coliseum; and while not the reigning champion he is favored more for his showmanship than over all “wins.”
- He is also known as a bit of a prankster who is easily bored.
- Make no mistake: Artigan is a free agent, and any loyalties or duties he binds himself to can be just as easily forgotten. He makes no contracts beyond what is mutually beneficial and will leave everything and anyone in the wind should betrayal become a reality and his personal freedom hinged upon. Artigan takes on jobs for organizations and is never truly a part of their hierarchy, his whims are first and foremost, but never let it be said that Artigan doesn’t complete his tasks or contracts to satisfaction; especially when coin is the end game.
Talents, Skills, Powers, & Flaws
- After spending a better part of a cycle in Ala Mhigo, trekking through the secluded mountains of Gyr Abania, Artigan discovered the hidden parchments of Ivon Coeurlfists, which laid in detail the secrets to his fighting style; Artigan practiced the techniques over the course of three cycles, and adapted the martial art to suit the modern age of Eorzea: including arts of grappling, throws, wrestling, and joint manipulation as well as those he either learned, invented, or adopted from other Pugilists in Ul’Dah. Artigan’s fighting style can be akin to an art striking with eight limbs and body control (Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, and Greco-Roman wrestling).
- Artigan has mastered seven of the fourteen chakras, those being of the light, and was able to obtain this state of prowess due to the tutelage of his master Widargelt. Artigan obtained this level of mastery through grueling trials of strength and harsh tests of mental fortitude; the training by and large took place in Ala Mhigo. By opening his chakras Artigan is able to surpass the body’s natural limitations, absorb the aether around him, and control his internal energies; while applying the elements to his strikes if not enhancing his body in some way, shape, or form.
- The Seeker is alleged in many crimes: from the illegal trading of Allagan, to smuggling outlawed goods, and assumed to work for nefarious characters for the right amount of gil; but then again all that is hearsay, and often times Artigan is spoken ill of out of respite more so than truth. But one thing is clear: the Miqo'te is hardly a law abiding citizen of Limsa or Ul'dah, and finds himself dodging the Blades or Yellow Jackets more often then not.
- From the sands of Thanalan, to the coasts of La Noscea, amidst the snow ridden peaks of Coerthas, and throughout the treacherous mountains of Mor Dhona Artigan has traversed them all in search of treasure, lost relics from yore, and anything that promised at a bit of excitement. The Seeker lives up to the monarch of his race's namesake, and is a veritable source of information in regards to traveling Eorzea; or at the very least to those places he’s explored.
- Despite his attempts to be a “perfect” gentlemen Artigan loses himself more so to intimate encounters then ever really sharing his story, and largely comes off as a wandering minstrel who uses words as his harp to woe men and women alike, and thusly leaving him with shallow relationships that don’t go beyond the physical.
- Some have a knack with cards, but Artigan is surely not one of them, and finds himself time and again losing his earnings and winnings at the Gold Saucer. The Miqo’te has a dyed in wool problem and his affinity for trying to strike it big isn’t going to fade anytime soon.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
◢ Common Rumors (Easily overheard)
- ■ Insatiable flirt!
- ■ Gambles too much.
- ■ Has a fondness for tales and those who tell them.
◢ Moderate Rumors (Moderately difficult to overhear)
- ■ Doesn't care for Roegadyn men and women.
- ■ Thinks Elezens are odd looking.
- ■ Has a penchant to pull pranks for the sake of reactions.
◢ Rare Rumors (Very difficult or rarely overheard)
- ■ The scars on his cheeks are bite marks from a coeurl.
- ■ Rumored to have opened his charkas and is among the reemerging Monks in Eorzea.
- ■ Treasure hunter extraordinaire and has been known to trade in Allagan.
◢ PC Rumors (Rumors from the character's of other players)
- ■ "Art? That silly little flirt... Or, at least I believe it was flirting. To be frank, Y'amra did most of the translating. I will never understand Limsan slang terms..." - Hinako Mori
- ♥ Romantic Interest ♥ Platonic Love ● Good Standing ● Poor Standing
- ♥ U'Yorda Ico : Yorda will always be an individual that holds a special place in Artigan’s heart and is remembered fondly of in his dreams. Her keepsake is a song and melody Artigan guards fervently and perhaps unto his dying breath. He doesn’t talk much if at all about this mysterious woman of his past, a tight lip to be sure, and one would be hard pressed to learn this tale.
- ● Garlean Empire : The Empire in truth is ally to none who do not submit to their rule or law, but Artigan especially holds a seething hatred for the people of Garlemald, those who fight in her name, and for the machines of war brought to Eorzea. The Empire is a complete bane to Artigan's existence, freedom, and way of life, and he will do nothing short of seeing every last Garlean pushed back to their lands and then some.
- ♥ Emeline Redwyne : A budding relationship that Artigan never thought would happen for varied reasons (Elezen tend to be pretentious, snobs, and hold to estate systems). Yet despite the odds the rogue, gambler, and smuggler found a patient, accepting, and understanding woman willing to look past the Sunseeker’s faults, accept him without caveat, and able to share more than a word.
"He rode through the streets of a city, down from his hill on high. Over winds and the steps and the cobbles, he rode to a woman's side, for she was his secret treasure. She was his shame and bliss. And a chain and a keep are nothing, compared to a woman's kiss. For hands of gold are always cold but a woman's hands are warm. For hands of gold are always cold but a woman's hands are warm."
Training with great passion!
The Fist isn't gone, but made anew, better, stronger...
Rhalgr's Fist burns brightest in the dark.
Would be challenger's come!
Nothing quite like soaking in the sun.
She's not much, but she's mine, all mine...
Remembering simpler times.
Enjoying his favorite spot at night.
Musing over the fount and some nasty magus sisters!
Resting after a training session with Widargelt.
Clandestine meeting in Limsa.
Splish-splash taking a bath.
Stereotypical training spot for the Monk!
A tense situation outside the Sands!
- Template by Bancroft Gairn
- Theme Songs: Fang Bai/Tsumugi Uta/Spinning Song (Cover: Sagara Yoru) Tasogare Tonbo (Absolute Castaway) Xian (Antti Martikainen) Painted Heart (Jane Zhang)