|Occupation||Treasure Hunter, Adventure, Explorer|
Appearance, Personality, & Information
- Artigan is well aged for his years, and appears to be in his mid to late twenties. His skin is healthy, tanned, and riddle with the scars of life; two of which rest upon his cheeks and appear to be bite marks. Artigan’s eyes are slit, narrow, and bright jade in appearance that are a sharp contrast to his dirty blonde hair with faint highlights of gold. Black tattoos adorn his face and a smear of rust red over his eyelids. He stands tall for a Miqo'te and has a body that hints at a life of hard work and rigor.
- Artigan’s cheek scars are due to a grapple with a particularly nasty alpha of a Coeurl pack that the Miqo’te eventually was able to subdue with little to no harm to the creature itself through the use of choke holds that caused the beast to simply pass out.
- Artigan comes off as easy going, laid back, with a rapier wit, and sharp tongue if provoked to such an extreme. He usually wears a smile or seems lost in complete thought, and speaks in a very candid, blunt, and honest manner. Artigan never seeks to harm, but is not known to spare a man or woman once they’ve crossed the lines of kill or be killed, as he holds no illusions of heroism or saving the day, let alone a life that sought to take his or another.
- In Limsa Lominsia, for those that know of Art, the citizenry openly gab about his distaste of titles, royalty, or systems of power that place one man or woman favorably over another because of birth. He prefers a man or woman be merited on their abilities and not the lottery life drew them. More or less he despises nepotism.
- In Ul’dah Artigan has a bit of a reputation as an insatiable flirt and contending pit-fighter in the coliseum; and while not the reigning champion he is favored more for his showmanship than over all “wins.”
- He is also known as a bit of a prankster who is easily bored.
- Make no mistake: Artigan is a free agent, and any loyalties or duties he binds himself to can be just as easily forgotten. He makes no contracts beyond what is mutually beneficial and will leave everything and anyone in the wind should betrayal become a reality and his personal freedom hinged upon. Artigan takes on jobs for organizations and is never truly a part of their hierarchy, his whims are first and foremost, but never let it be said that Artigan doesn’t complete his tasks or contracts to satisfaction; especially when coin is the end game.
Talents, Skills, Powers, & Flaws
- After spending a better part of a cycle in Ala Mhigo, trekking through the secluded mountains of Gyr Abania, Artigan discovered the hidden parchments of Ivon Coeurlfists, which laid in detail the secrets to his fighting style; Artigan practiced the techniques over the course of three cycles, and adapted the martial art to suit the modern age of Eorzea: including arts of grappling, throws, wrestling, and joint manipulation as well as those he either learned, invented, or adopted from other Pugilists in Ul’Dah. Artigan’s fighting style can be akin to an art striking with eight limbs and body control (Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, and Greco-Roman wrestling).
- Artigan has mastered seven of the fourteen chakras, those being of the light, and was able to obtain this state of prowess due to the tutelage of his master Widargelt. Artigan obtained this level of mastery through grueling trials of strength and harsh tests of mental fortitude; the training by and large took place in Ala Mhigo. By opening his chakras Artigan is able to surpass the body’s natural limitations, absorb the aether around him, and control his internal energies; while applying the elements to his strikes if not enhancing his body in some way, shape, or form.
- The Seeker is alleged in many crimes: from the illegal trading of Allagan, to smuggling outlawed goods, and assumed to work for nefarious characters for the right amount of gil; but then again all that is hearsay, and often times Artigan is spoken ill of out of respite more so than truth. But one thing is clear: the Miqo'te is hardly a law abiding citizen of Limsa or Ul'dah, and finds himself dodging the Blades or Yellow Jackets more often then not.
- From the sands of Thanalan, to the coasts of La Noscea, amidst the snow ridden peaks of Coerthas, and throughout the treacherous mountains of Mor Dhona Artigan has traversed them all in search of treasure, lost relics from yore, and anything that promised at a bit of excitement. The Seeker lives up to the monarch of his race's namesake, and is a veritable source of information in regards to traveling Eorzea; or at the very least to those places he’s explored.
- Despite his attempts to be a “perfect” gentlemen Artigan loses himself more so to intimate encounters then ever really sharing his story, and largely comes off as a wandering minstrel who uses words as his harp to woe men and women alike, and thusly leaving him with shallow relationships that don’t go beyond the physical.
- Some have a knack with cards, but Artigan is surely not one of them, and finds himself time and again losing his earnings and winnings at the Gold Saucer. The Miqo’te has a dyed in wool problem and his affinity for trying to strike it big isn’t going to fade anytime soon.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
"He rode through the streets of a city, down from his hill on high. Over winds and the steps and the cobbles, he rode to a woman's side, for she was his secret treasure. She was his shame and bliss. And a chain and a keep are nothing, compared to a woman's kiss. For hands of gold are always cold but a woman's hands are warm. For hands of gold are always cold but a woman's hands are warm."
- Template by Bancroft Gairn
- Theme Songs: Fang Bai/Tsumugi Uta/Spinning Song (Cover: Sagara Yoru) Tasogare Tonbo (Absolute Castaway) Xian (Antti Martikainen) Painted Heart (Jane Zhang)