- Atreyun Savaterre is a dashing, rather foppish Miqo'te lad with a checkered past. Most recently, he is a semi-retired adventurer working as a chocolatier in Ul'dah. It started out as a hobby, a spinoff from his occasional alchemical dabblings and a way to impress a woman, but it has grown and blossomed into a nascent business. He presently operates out of rented space in the kitchens of the Quicksand, though he is saving coin for his own booth and merchant's license in the proper markets of Ul'dah. He sells bespoke chocolates one on one, probably a little too cheaply, but has fun doing it. His business is massively subsidized by his savings from adventuring, and he will occasionally hunt the odd treasure to supplement his coffers when times get lean.
- In his youth, Atreyun was abandoned in on the streets of Gridania by his Keeper mother. He never knew his father. He was taken in by the Wood Wailers after a brief and spectacularly unsuccessful life of crime, and trained in the lance and bow. The strict discipline chafed him as he got older, and he had a tendency to brawl and fraternize a little too closely with his female colleagues. It was a great relief to both Atreyun and the Wailers when they parted ways around his twentieth summer. He struck out as a mercenary, not a particularly good or famous one, but happy enough. He earned his stripes fighting in the Dragonsong War, along with most of his spectacular battle scars.
- Atreun followed the path of the Dragoon in Ishgard, embracing fury, vengeance, and Halone-worship wholeheartedly in his quest to destroy the Dravanian Horde. After the war ended, however, he found it a hollow victory. He deeply questioned the peace between man and dragon, and his own part in the slaughter, and the hot fury that had sustained him during the war cooled to ashes in his heart. He turned his back on the war, the frozen North, and the Fury all at once, and descended into drink and debauchery in mainland Eorzea for about a year. Eventually he happened upon a samurai who offered to teach him a path of peace and enlightenment, and he took up the katana. He never made a very good samurai, in truth. He was a fair hand with the swordplay but he never really focused enough on the inner lessons of bushido. His training did help him quell the rage of the war and make peace with himself, but he eventually abandoned it and wandered off.
- Recently, needing a way to defend himself but loathe to continue wielding a katana, Atreyun turned to the study of rapier and red magic. He is *terrible* at aetheric manipulation, truly the opposite of gifted. But with supreme effort, and when distracted by the dance of swordplay, he is able to muster enough sorcery to call himself a red mage. Well, an apprentice at any rate. He is, however, quite skilled with the rapier, swift and poised. He doesn't pick fights but when he ends up in a duel, he has a habit of walking away with his skin intact.
- 1 Interests
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Rumors
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Footnotes
- Emotional manipulation
- Cocky Tias with something to prove
Foods: Fish, pastry, fine cheeses, more fish!
Drinks: Straight liquor, preferably single malt whiskey
Colors: Anything that offsets his dark complexion and lavender hair, typically deep red or bright white.
- Making chocolates and treats
- Drinking in the Quicksand
- Flirting, flirting, flirting
- Reading trashy tales of romance and adventure
- Chocobo fanatic
- Atreyun is average-sized, of average build, though his rather unusual coloration tends to make him stand out in a crowd, particularly his hair, which he insists upon calling "lavender" though many, many people have labelled it "pink." He is lean and lithe, hardly a "muscle man" but with little spare weight on his frame either. Although, in recent months, he has lost some of his edge due to sampling his own chocolatey products and spending too much time in the cushy environs of Ul'dah.
- He typically wears a collar or scarf around his neck, which serves to partially conceal a set of four pale scars across his jugular vein, rather similar in size and spread to an adult Miqo'te's claws. His torso is striped and stippled with further scarring, testament to his military service in Ishgard. Most outstanding among these souvenirs is a large half-moon bite mark on the left side of his torso over his ribs, courtesy of a dragon lifting him up in its mouth and shaking him like a toy. It was only through a great amount of magical healing, and perhaps even a small amount of divine intervention, that he survived the wound.
- His ears are soft, fuzzy and mobile, like those of most Keepers. They are quite sensitive, both to sound and to touch, and will often flick and set his ostentatious earrings to jingling. His tail is long and slender with leonine, bottlebrush tip which he uses to ticklish effect when the mood strikes him. Modest fangs occasionally peek out between his lips when he smiles, especially in mischief.
- He dresses ostentatiously most of the time, preferring great elaborate foppish coats and jackets, or daringly low-cut tunics and breeches. He eschews hats, preferring to show off his exotic hair (and keeping his ears free for potential petting.) He is rather sensitive about his appearance, and insults to his personal style are met with great dismay indeed.
MotivationTo live a life of comfort, adventure, and romance!
OutlookLife is short, so let us enjoy it together. Next round's on me!
Positive personality traitsGregarious, loyal, gentlemanly, noble, friendly, generous
Negative personality traitsInsecure, touchy, weak-willed, submissive, lecherous
Miscellaneous quirksUtter frothing chocobo maniac
- Under construction! A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell, and Atreyun's relationships are fluid, complex, and ever-evolving, but send a message if you wish to be featured here!
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC Rumors! Instructions on how: Show text
Copy the following line. Click the edit link beneath the Rumors heading. Paste BEFORE the </td></tr></table> line. : <font style="color:#aac5b4;" size="3">■</font> "QUOTE GOES HERE" - ''[[YOUR NAME HERE]]''
- ■ "He'll buy a drink for anything pretty that looks at him twice!"
- ■ "Actually he'll buy a drink for anyone who pays attention to him."
- ■ "He seems to give away far more chocolate than he sells."
- ■ "He's a maniac for chocobos, but a piss-poor jockey."
- ■ "Flirt with him for half a bell and he's yours for life."
- ■ "He picks duels with bullies and those who mistreat women or the helpless in his presence."
- ■ "He has no loyalty and can't stick with a Free Company to save his life."
- ■ "Totally gives life to the stereotypes about the appetites of Miqo'te males!"
- ■ "He's rich and easy to take advantage of."
- ■ "He is awfully quick to duck his head in obedience to an assertive woman."
- ■ "He didn't used to be such a fop or flirt, but something happened to deeply wound him and change him for life."
■ "Atreyun? I've only met him once, but he goes a cute shade when he's flustered. Also his chocolates are absolutely delicious." - Momoira Moira