|Nameday||25th Sun of the 3rd Astral Moon|
|Guardian Deity||Oschon, the Wanderer|
- Height/Weight: 6 fulms, 185 ponz
- Build: Average height, lean
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Black, combed back and never out of place
- Skin: Pale
- Other: Usually has facial hair, a mustache or goatee, but due to recent 'complications' he is clean shaven
Never one to pass up an opportunity, Autolycus has an ear for rumors and will usually blindly follow them. This normally leads to peril for anyone that happens to find themselves entangled with him at the time. More than just landing the big score, his motivation is to be the one who did the landing and because of this he can come off cocky or arrogant, though never intentional.
Strengths and Weaknesses:
- Has an eye for value, as well as traps
- Cool tempered and calm in almost any situation
- Rich (or so he'd have you believe)
- Reckless at times
- Extreme self preservation
- Questionable morals
Likes and Dislikes:
- The click of a lockpick
- Nosy guards
- Corrupt mages
- Damp cells
- Smirks when nervous or lying.
- Absently dances a coin on his knuckles when in thought.
- Will never wear heavy armor.
- Will always attempt to disarm a trap, even if there is an easier method.
Autolycus's earliest memories are that of an orphanage, his parentage a mystery. He discovered he had a talent for sneaking away from the grounds at young age, procuring food and various nicknacks. Unable to conform to the strict tutelage of the school, his exploits brought a different sort of attention from his teachers and soon he became a topic of interest (not always in a positive light) among his peers. Basking in the attention, his activities eventually led him away from the orphanage for good.
The next several years found Autolycus living a nomadic, solitary life. He took what he needed, and then some, always having just enough to get him out of any unfortunate circumstances. Rumors of a faraway, ruined castle led him to a land called Oztroja. It was in these ruins that Autolycus honed his art and built a reputation for himself. This self proclaimed King of Thieves never missed an opportunity to grow his legend and began to tackle jobs and follow rumors that others in his trade dismissed as either a myth or impossible.
One of these misadventures led Autolycus to an enchanted mirror in which he promptly sprung the magical trap laid upon it. When he awoke, Autolycus found himself in a new, strange land. Resorting to his skills to get by only landed him in the middle of an ongoing war. Avoiding conscription and taking sides, Autolycus struggled to gain a foothold for himself. That was, until the explosion.
A short time after Dalamud's explosion, Autolycus heard rumors of a fledgling rogues' guild surfacing in Limsa Lominsa. Seeing this as his chance to regain his past glory, and carve out a nice chunk of wealth, Autolycus quickly rose through its ranks and in the process, mastered a new combat style.
Putting his new skills to work, Autolycus grew far wealthier than he ever had been in his former home. Now he works to spread his name throughout the realm, following every lead he can to treasure.
- Iolaus Steele - Autolycus's long time friend and occasional travel companion. Iolaus works as muscle when Autolycus needs a distraction.
- Valena Verloren - Partnering up during a relic hunt, the pair's plan went south. Thinking quickly, Autolycus proposed a plan to avoid detection, a plan in which Valena has sworn him to secrecy. Those who ask about it are met with an amused thief and and a stoic mage. Who can say for sure....
- Lilywhite Furare - Autolycus seems to cross paths often with Lilywhite. There is something strangely familiar about her but he cannot place it. He is curious about their shared surname but he cannot guess it's true meaning.