|Guardian||Althyk, the Keeper|
|Namesday||2nd Sun of the 6th Umbral Moon|
Dominan Porilnan is a child prodigy trained by Naldiq & Vymelli's, and currently employed by the Harbingers of Dawn. He dreams of being a mighty adventurer and hero someday, spurred on by the stories of travelers he hears at his forge. While he has no practical combat experiences or formal training, his stubborn bravery and resourcefulness in times of danger see him through most trials. Though still lacking confidence in himself and what he has already accomplished, Dominan is already well on his way to realizing his dream; however far away it must seem to him. It is not the destination that makes an adventurer, after all...But rather, the journey in and of itself.
Dominan is an enigma in the war torn Eorzea, who either fails to see the magnitude of the life changing destruction Bahamut wrought, or is outright defiant of feeling oppressed by the challenges the new world demands. This often serves to make him seem insensitive or even ignorant of the hardships others have gone through in the wake of the Calamity. He is quick to make amends, however and even quicker to explain his reasoning behind his optimism. He believes firmly in keeping hope alive, by seeing the individual through their hardships. To him, each soul is a cog necessary for the world to keep spinning. As such, no sincere request for aid is too demeaning to the Lalafell. This unfortunately makes him rather easy to manipulate and take advantage of however.
As of late, Dominan can be found doing rather grueling combat training exercises around the Harbinger's estate when he is not at his forge, or running laps around their district in the Lavender Beds. He is an unrefined, still mostly undisciplined mess, but those that may bear witness to his carriage will find his heart wholly into his work.
Dominan is of average height for a Lalafell his age, with no certainty of growth spurts into adulthood. While not impossibly statuesque in musculature, his time at Naldiq and Vymelli's hammering away endlessly at white hot metal has afforded him some rather impressive upper body strength. His current training regimen is serving to sculpt the rest of his build into relatively well toned if not lean muscle. His hair is a seemingly perpetual unkempt shock of dark brown, extending to just barely above his shoulders and carefully groomed to remain out of his eyes. The Lalafell has what can firmly be described as aggressively youthful features, with large, penetrating green eyes sharpened by a thin set of generally angry seeming eyebrows. Dominan's right eye has a perfect circle of burn scarring extending out just past the bowl of his eye socket and all upon his eyelid. The boy always appears to be extremely hawkish and attentive at rest, or when he is focused upon a task. When he is in the process of merriment however, his expression dulls considerably to the point of being child-like.
While not possessing any formal training as of yet from the Gladiator's Guild, Dominan fights using a sword and shield, and wears fairly unrestricted scale mail armor. He carefully forges and maintains all of his equipment himself, ensuring the quality and performance of his work is always excellent. As a result of Val Nunh's discipline, Dominan is shaping up to be more of a brawler than a swordsman, relying on his knowledge concerning the properties of weapons and armor to exploit weaknesses in their construction. He is more likely to attempt breaking a crucial component of a piece of armor or weaponry to win a fight as opposed to simply overpowering or outfighting an opponent. The Lalafell is inadvertently developing a skill set that revolves more around dueling as a side effect of this. He is particularly adverse to unnecessary or uncontrolled violence, and as such will seek to avoid open conflict or ending another sentient being's life. This is a mercy the boy has not learned he cannot afford yet. The extent of Dominan's combat experience can also be confined to the bouts he participates in with Val, which are for all intents and purposes non-life threatening scenarios. This makes him a poor candidate for tossing into any fray, being largely untested.
- Strawberry lemonade
- Helping people
- Playing with the equipment he forges
- Hearing good jokes
- Seeing sleight of hand tricks
- Seeing really bad wounds
- Feeling powerless or inadequate
- Cynical realism
- Group bathing
- Master smith
- Creates metal figurines in his free time
- Likes to reverse engineer weapons and devices
- Plays the piano
- Has a Lominsan accent
- This accent overtakes some of his grammar the more excited he gets
- Taken from Val Nunh, who took it from Siobhain Surtsthalwyn, whom took from Deidre Ta'ea
- ♥ Romantic Interest ♥ Sexual Desire ♥ Platonic Love ● Good Standing ● Neutral Standing ● Poor Standing
- ● Val Nunh - Dominan's combat mentor and friend, by Dominan's own claims. After saving the Harbingers of Dawn's former estate from a bomb attack, and by proxy possibly Faye Covington's life, Val expresses a debt of gratitude owed to the Lalafell. This spurred Dominan to request the man teach him in the ways of combat, which he had thoroughly obliged. The training is demanding and seemingly abusive, but the Lalafell respects Val for taking him seriously despite his size. He is also genuinely caring for the Miqo'te on account of seeing a less harsh side of the man around Lady Covington. Dominan is aware of the compassion and inherent good the man possesses, and strives to see more of it. In this end, he is rather carefree and earnest in how he approaches Val in day to day conversation.
- ● Hesperia Lunamaesta - Dominan's family is one comprised almost entirely of a host of talented craftsmen and merchants, with a storied history dating back several generations. The Bridins are another such storied family made exclusively of gifted artists and muscisians, breeders and farmers. And for many of which, these two clans were embroiled in endless feud regarding the superiority of the trades they plied. This vicious cycle was eventually broken by a lone orphan who's desire to stretch the gap between their differences was stronger than their contempt. It is Hesperia who taught Dominan to play the piano and develop a deeper appreciation for the arts. Though for a time they themselves were once a part of this bitter rivalry, they can now be considered family friends.
● Edda Vincents - If there's one thing Dominan cannot abide by, it is a bully. And when their opposing ideals and egos clashed for the first time, he knew this is exactly what he had on his hands. While not openly resentful of Edda, he is however extremely distrustful of her and of her intentions. Couple this with the fact their first encounter threatened the promise of a violent end at either her hands or that of her father's thugs, and the adversity becomes clear. Dominan will need to remain vigilant against Edda should he wish to stay true to himself...And more importantly, alive.
This Template was created by Deirdre Ta'ea