Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Occupation||Healer, occasional mercenary|
|Voice Claim||Kari Wahlgren as Haruko|
Jibaba Jiba, better known nowadays by her married name Jiji Eikonslayer, is a happy-go-lucky Lalafell whose adventures have slowly taken her farther and farther away from the only home she's ever known.
- Born Jibaba Jiba to a Plainsfolk couple whose grandparents had left the open plains for the sandy expanse of Thanalan, Jiji had an exceptionally easy life growing up. Her father was a successful goldsmith, dealing primarily with the jewelry that adorned everyone in Ul'Dah, and as his only child for a decade Jiji was destined to follow in her father's footsteps. The family business kept the three of them--and then six of them, as the triplets came nearly a decade after Jiji was born--comfortable until just shortly after the Calamity. Jiji's father, just short of retiring and handing the business reigns off to Jiji, suffered a fall that left him paralyzed from the waist down; Jiji's mother barely convinced her eldest daughter not to go after the man she believed responsible. Instead of staying in Ul'Dah and keeping the business running to spite her father's rivals, Jiji left it to her brother Nanpan and left the city, vowing to become strong enough to one day return and wipe the proverbial smirk off the Monetarists' collective faces.
- Although Jiji is naturally a cheerful person, her enthusiasm can feel forced, and at times it is, because she feels that if no one else will look on the bright side, it falls to her. Her temper has shortened over the years, however, and her patience for those who would hurt her or someone she cares about has dwindled to nearly nothing. When she is thrust into the role of protector or healer, she takes it very seriously.
- ▲ Warm weather
- ▲ Easy gil
- ▲ Sleeping late
- ▲ Fresh fruit
- ▼ Thunderstorms
- ▼ Lominsan/"Pirate" accents
- ▼ Giant animals and other creatures
- ▼ Being (literally and figuratively) looked down on
- Theme Song Hopes and Dreams
- Alignment Neutral Good
- Favorite color Lavender
- At just two fulms tall, Jiji manages to be short even be Lalafellin standards. Despite living in Ul'Dah her entire life, her habit of wearing hats with enormous brims and shawls and dresses that protect her from the sun has kept her skin relatively pale; her hair, which she's begun wearing short for convenience's sake, is naturally pinkish-brown, although it's dyed pale blonde most of the time. Her dark eyes resemble those of a Dunesfolk, perhaps hinting at such ancestry further back in her family tree, but Jiji has never had much interest in studying her lineage that far back--still, due to living in Ul'Dah and never travelling far outside Thanalan in her youth, her lifestyle resembles more closely a Dunesfolk's than a Plainsfolk's. She's relatively scar-free--any scars she received when she was younger were on her hands from fiddling with her father's tools, and have faded into nearly nothing over the years. When the sun does manage to touch her, it quickly brings out her numerous freckles.