NOTE: THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY A WORK IN PROGRESS!!
Mali Lutka (pronounced /MAH-LEE LOOT-KAH/) (11th Sun 5th Umbral Moon (Oct 11)) is a Hellsguard Roegadyn born outside of Eorzea and is the daughter of the renown criminal leader of the Firestorm organisation, Steel Legion. In order to avoid the gaze of the Brass Blades, along with those that wish to see all members the Firestorm completely eradicated regardless of their connection or crimes, she changes her name to Mali Lutka and dons a pair of goggles (and glasses) that completely hide her eyes (a pair that is extremely similar to Steel Legion's, along with her brothers)
Appearance & Personality
- Standing rather short yet bulky for her race, hair brushed to a single side and dark features, Mali cuts as a rather intimidating figure and has a deep, rich sounding contralto voice to accompany with. While completely unknown to those outside of that she greatly trusts, her eyes are a beautiful combination of gold and a lighter shade on the right eye. Her jawline is rather sharp, chiseled which emphasizes every twitch made. Her bulky body shows some curvature around the waist and her breasts amplify an upside-down pear shape. Underneath her clothing, a story is told. A collection of scars, ranging from old and worn to recent and fresh adorn the entire body. Most of her scarring seems to be concentrated on the upper half of her torso, her chest bearing jagged tears from failed tests backfiring and her back possessing ripping scars from violent whip slashing. Lighter, worn slashing scars can be found on her arms and legs, fingers possessing the most from repeated cuts and burns. Mali is almost never seen without her trademark goggles or glasses (or in some cases, a helm), given the circumstance, that completely hides her eyes from view. While her clothing tends to change depending on her situation or job, she tends to favor darker colours and light wear such as leathers or cloth. Her personal favourite is a long dark purple coat, allowing her to flaunt suggestively. For combat, she tends to wear plate mail for protection, once again hiding as much of her face as she can if not able to just hide only her eyes.
- On the outside Mali strives to be a positive and cheerful individual, often making fun of the things she has done as well as throwing a few jokes around to lightening up moods. She ultimately strives to be a good figure to others, despite hiding a lot of what goes on underneath, and she treats most people with respect. She simply hides out any attitude or thoughts that drive an entirely different agenda in order to avoid conflict and intimidation. Her true nature tends to show itself in dire times or in combat, bringing forth a devious and cunning individual that is willing to stoop to cruel and dirty tactics. She is a "ends justify the means" type of person, she is not shy to use methods that would bend or break any laws should the need arise and she is not honorable in any shape or form because of this. Despite the lack of honor, she holds great respect and loyalty to those that she considers a friend or a close individual but holds very little to those that break her trust.
- Her vast knowledge and expertise on explosives may come across as someone who is reckless and dangerous, but Mali doesn't show any of those traits even in fights. Every action is carefully planned out, all set up for maximum damage yet being the safest possible tactic. She employs those thoughts into experiments as well, often found far away from civilization where is it much safer to perform dangerous tasks such as testing bombs. She treats every creation with the upmost of care and consideration. Accidents rarely happen in her line of work and when they do, they often have minimal effects. Mali also often craves for engineering knowledge outside of her field, often consulting with those she know to have that knowledge or books if none arrive.
- Despite being an intelligent enough individual, Mali lacks any cultural knowledge at all and is often seen voicing rude or insulting thoughts towards them. This is often corrected by the other party and is always answered with an apology.
- A strong hearted individual, Mali is rarely disheartened or brought down by the situations she is involved. The years of grueling training has hardened her mental state to that of steel itself, unwavering and rarely panicking. It ultimately allows her to make sound decisions in a calm mindset, even changing strategy in the midst of combat with relative ease.
- The feeling of victory and defeat is not something she holds strongly, feeling that victory as a pill for arrogance and defeat the cause of crushing self-esteem. Rather than taking the results Mali tends to look at fights in an analytical way, finding ways to learn from her mistakes in order to further improve and become stronger. That said however, she does not accept defeat and will go out of her way to achieve even the smallest of victories through any means necessary if not a stalemate.
- "Treat a dog well and it'll serve loyally until the day it dies" - Mali is extremely loyal to those that she trusts, merely wishing to be treated well despite how she is and what she has done. A friend is someone she would dive to defend regardless of the circumstance and someone she would gladly help in any situation with whatever power she holds. She treasures every friendship more than anything else.
- She tends to hide her true thoughts and feelings and when her real nature shows, it is often very intimidating if not frightening. As a result she has become rather insecure of that mindset, feeling immense discomfort when people do see her for how she is and feel scared. Mali finds that trying to make friends or allies is significantly more difficult this way.
- Another insecurity is her own true identity. Those that honestly look hard enough can find she is related to the Firestorm leader Steel Legion as well as discover her real name. Such information has been hidden as well as possible, but the thought that someone can still find the scraps that remain and can abuse it brings about great discomfort.
- Her "the ends justify the means" attitude does make her act in unsavory ways from time to time, often bending or breaking laws to achieve goals that would otherwise not be achievable. Her intention are good, regardless of the methods.
- Mali sometimes refuses to back from a fight. This does lead to her needing to be pulled or dragged away before serious harm is done, either to herself or her opponent. To her, the optimal winning condition is incapacitating her opponent.
- She is colourbind to the point she is barely able to distinguish colours, merely seeing in borderline monochrome. A sharp colour is easier for her to see, however she has no ability to see green, yellow and brown. She has no idea what green even looks like and she often hides the fact she cannot see colour.
Skills, Talents, Hobbies
- Mali's technological field is explosives, ranging from creating and disarming bombs to forging fireworks and even delving into combustion. Her knowledge in the field is extremely vast, even delving into how Garlean engineers operate their weaponry and how to disable them efficiently. While it is her strongest field, she is often seen trying to expand and learn in other fields in order to put her own knowledge into use outside of caused devastation and destruction.
- Her culinary skills aren't perfect, but she's capable of making decent food with the right equipment. To her, it's enough knowledge to survive on and she hasn't considered improving. She seems more interested in eating sweet pastries made by a professional.
- She was taught by her father the art of the sword, as she generally dislikes his use of firearms due to past events. Through vigorous training she's grown to use her cunning to take down opponents much more skilled at the blade than she is, using their slight mistakes in decisions to her advantage.
Her body is built for speed, endurance and accuracy over power as she prefers to be cunning in her actions rather than brutal. Her father's training regime has made her very tough, allowing her to withstand the harshest of blows that would take down a regular man easily. In a situation where she needs to carry a bomb and detonate it to a specific location, her sprinting and toughness allows her to get from A to B quickly (much like a halfback!) and to avoid confrontation and much as possible. Her speed in arming/disarming a bomb is very quick thanks to her knowledge and calm mind.
Her fighting style resembles that of a pure defender, aiming to protect herself and her allies but lacking any power to take them down directly. Instead she uses traps and bombs, hiding behind a shield to endure what they would retaliate back with should they have an answer to her challenge.
- Syhrwilf (Fearless Wolf) was born outside of Eorzea, where has been long forgotten but memory always bounces to the north west of Thanalan. A child of four, Syhrwilf was the only daughter among the group and was ultimately given the most pleasant of upbringings, often sound chasing curiosities and being around the company of chocobos. She was brought up within an organisation known as Firestorm, a family run business where one could hire anyone as a mercenary of sorts to deal with any situation. Her father, Steel Legion, was heavily regarded as a criminal mastermind as most of the work that was taken was extremely violent and dangerous to those around them. The name was given for their signature trade, the use of explosives and firearms leaving a trail of fire wherever they went. Constantly on the move, Syhrwilf never saw the same place twice and never participating in anything the adults or her brothers did.
- Eventually, the safe feeling and pleasant life she experienced begun to fade away as the relocating started to grow more frequent and more desperate. Her father noticed the change in her attitude on her eighth namesday, the feeling of being scared of someone or something that felt like they were chasing them away. Unbeknownst to her, Ul'dah's Brass Blades were on the hunt for Steel Legion after he raided a moving bazaar in Western Thanalan. Not a single survivor was found, nor any goods that were not pillaged. She was offered a gift, one of the items that was stolen, in order to ease the frightening feeling. A handful of firecrackers, armed with sticks. After one night of seeing what those firecrackers could do, watching the night light up in a series of bright explosions, Syhrwilf was taken away...and was curious. That curiosity lead to the desire to understand and learn explosives, something the Firestorm knew all too well.
- Years had past and the organisation was still moving around frequently, almost at the point of moving the moment a job was complete. Syhrwilf had trained and practiced in the art of crafting bombs and was providing those bombs, along with her own little ideas that popped up from time to time, to her father's troops. She had absolutely no knowledge that she was acting as an accomplice, nor that her actions were considered criminal. She simply enjoyed the praise she earned when she created a new bomb, a new idea that no one else thought of.
- At the age of fourteen, Steel Legion gathered his children to grant them one wish. The catch was that he would not offer the same wish twice and that anyone who couldn't decide was bound to their duty in the Firestorm. The twin brothers, Vile Hound and Devious Vulture requested just one wish. Riches. They wished to leave the company with riches so that they may pursue their own dreams. Legion granted them a substantial amount, more than enough to get a large home on their own and was told to leave. The eldest and strongest, Iron Hand, demanded power. He wished to shake the foundations his father wanted gone but in a different manner. He was offered a job as a head merchant, owning and leading his own trading company. Syhrwilf, who was given the greatest treatment of the lot, requested something completely different. Her wish was knowledge, knowledge of what her father knew so that she could use it in her own way and own benefit. With a devious grin, Legion took her under his wing and taught her how to survive. While it was mostly using a sword and shield, mostly out of her dislike for using a firearm, he taught her what she needed to earn what her brothers wished.
- Syhrwilf was practically tortured in her time training in dueling and explosives, given very little food and water and was told that she had to earn everything she wanted or needed. She learned how to maintain her composure during dire situations, used her cunning to take down foes much greater skilled than her and even learned to create traps that would change battles quickly. It was excruciating for her, yet in her mind she knew that her brothers had experienced the same sort of thing in their earlier years. They simply quit and gave up with weak minds. Determined to surpass them and even her father, she continued to endure every last bit of pain she experienced.
- A true master in the art of marksmanship, Syhrwilf surpassed her father in a duel that would ultimate cost his own life. Suns after the duel, Steel Legion left to conduct yet another night raid against a group of travelling merchants. Unfortunately on the night they attacked, he was captured and sent to Ul'dah to pay for his crimes over the past twenty cycles. Invited by a former employer, Syhrwilf snuck into Highbridge and witnessed the execution. Steel Legion was decapitated and pushed off the bridge right before her eyes. Suns later she receives news of one of the twins, Vile Hound, being poisoned to death by another criminal organisation who discovered his relation to Legion and the Firestorm. Within a Moon, the Eldest brother Iron Hand was caught and executed by Brass Blades for being involved in Firestorm activity. Driven to find out why her family was being targeted, Syhrwilf investigated the situation in Ul'dah. It turned out that a good number of higher standing individuals and merchants who previously hired the Firestorm for their illegal goals were aiming to wipe out the entire organisation in order to not be caught being involved with them directly. It was not just her family, but those that worked alongside her father were being targeted and executed through some means and being blood related made her the easiest to catch. Just like her brothers she bore the same eyes as her father, an unusual mixture of yellows.
- In order to avoid being caught and charged for crimes unrelated to her at all Syhrwilf changed her name as Mali Lutka and donned a pair of goggles to hide her eyes, using her profession as an excuse to hide away her eyes from wanting gazes. She currently works as an engineer, aiming to construct devices and technology that would benefit the masses in some way and using her shield to protect herself from those that see her as weak...or for who she truly is.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
- Original template by Bancroft Gairn