|Aristides "Aris" nan Miltiades|
|Occupation||Architect, Professor of Archeology|
|Hair||Sandy blond with white|
Excerpt: Aristides, to Oko_Kaprei, on the topic of Architectural Archeology: "What buildings can tell us about the people who lived within, is a very complex topic. Mayhap, it is better that I provide simple examples. If, say, a civilization built extravagant tombs to house their head, as well as the dead's treasured belongings, you might gather that such a culture placed great emphasis on the idea of a continued afterlife. They would want their dearly departed to be able to carry their treasures, with them, into the next world. Alternatively, if a civilization built structures that aligned with the sun and stars, they may find importance in sacred astronomy. Calendars would play an important role in their rituals. This is not unlike how the Astrologians of Ishgard look to the stars to predict their future. Admittedly, if taken alone, these assumptions could well be mere conjecture drawn from coincidence. To an archeologist, it is a matter of finding many clues, and seeing what they add toward. Imagine it is like solving a jigsaw puzzle. You have all these many little pieces that need fitting together in order to reveal the whole picture.”
- 1 Current RP Goals
- 2 Personality/Brief Summary
- 3 Traits
- 4 Flaws
- 5 Fears
- 6 Trinkets
- 7 Occupations
- 8 Tastes/Other
- 9 Combat
- 10 Appearance
- 11 OOC Miscellaneous
- 12 Rumors & Events
- 13 RELATIONS
- 14 Fun Facts
- 15 Biographical Outline
- 15.1 Garlemald Republic, the Early Years
- 15.2 Rise of the Garlean Empire, (50-55ish years ago)
- 15.3 (40-50 years ago)
- 15.4 Traveling Eorzea (35-40-ish years ago)
- 15.5 (25-35 years ago)
- 15.6 An Imperial Architect (15-25 years ago)
- 15.7 Tenure at the Academy (5 to 15 years ago)
- 15.8 The Calamity (5 years ago)
- 15.9 On Sabbatical (Current Day)
- 16 Correspondences
Current RP Goals
- Aris is currently on sabbatical. He can be found traveling throughout Eorzea, jotting notes into a heavily warn, leather-bound journal.
- A veteran treasure hunter, he’s traveled through ruins ranging from the Lost City of Amdapor to the Sunken Temple of Qarn. However, it is not the love of gil for which he seeks out treasure. Rather than seeing his discoveries auctioned at market--only to be bought and absconded away into someone’s private vault--he would see such knowledge shared in institutions of learning and in museums.
- Why write a description when a picture can tell a thousand words?
- Walkup are welcome.
- NOTE: Generally a peaceful role-player who will try to talk one’s way out of a fight.
- Garlean Republic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE5wI-nv8AA
Garlemald Republic, the Early Years
- Content. And the port city in which Aris was born 60-ish years ago.
Rise of the Garlean Empire, (50-55ish years ago)
- Content. His early childhood.
(40-50 years ago)
- Content. Gap to fill. Probably includes schooling.
Traveling Eorzea (35-40-ish years ago)
- Content. His time as a grad student, and meeting R'phael's mother. Lovey-dovey crap happens.
(25-35 years ago)
- Content. Mushy family goop.
An Imperial Architect (15-25 years ago)
- Content. His work as an architect.
Tenure at the Academy (5 to 15 years ago)
- Content. Teaching at the academy in the years leading up to the Calamity. Might include death of wife.
The Calamity (5 years ago)
On Sabbatical (Current Day)
- Content. Return to traveling. Touching base with his son.
- Letters and other such communications with people of interest.