■ RACE & CLAN... Au Ra, Xaela, Qalli
■ NAMEDAY... 12th Sun of the 4th Astral Moon .
■ GENDER... Female
■ AGE... 25.
■ ORIENTATION... North by Northwest.
■ MARITAL STATUS... Single
■ NATIONALITY... None.
■ RESIDENCE... The Goblet, Jutat De Nerve Center
■ OCCUPATION... Tomial Order member, Travelling Minstrel, Fisher.
■ PATRON DEITY... Oschon.
■ HEIGHT... 5'2".
■ WEIGHT... 110 ponze.
A P P E A R A N C E
Ashlan is a female Au Ra with lavender hair, and dark skin. Due to her previous occupation climbing atop ship masts and harpoon throwing as a fisher, Ashlan can be seen with an athletic build. She has red eyes with bright red limbal rings, and smooth black scales across her body. She can be seen wearing a multitude of different outfits and has no set style of clothing. She keeps her hair dyed a lavender, but will change it on occassion to suit an upcoming performance. She can always be seen with panpipes on her belt, and usually seen with a guitar slung over her back.
B E H A V I O R
Growing up, Ashlan was observed by the rest of her clan as one of the more gifted voices of her people. However, she was also seen with an insatiable wanderlust, something her clan came to terms with, and eventually she left to experience what the world had to offer. Eventually, wandering Othard, she was observed singing for patrons at a tavern by an entertainer bound to a long haul fishing vessel. She signed the same vessel and became his protégé, learning many instruments to keep the fishers morale. As such, she's always listening in and open to how others feel, often doing what she can to lift their spirits through song.
When talking in her native language, she sings with a soft gentle soprano. She often slips into her own language in times of excitement or anger in typical Qalli fashion. She is always paying attention to how others feel and will always do what she can to lighten the mood. She speaks and acts as if she's always on stage, with over exaggerated movements and embellished speech patterns akin to those of an actor.
C O M B A T
As a travelling minstrel, Ashlan prefers to avoid physical conflict, often choosing the path of diplomacy. However, she knows that in the turbulent time Eorzea is in, that one must know how to fight. In the time she spent with her tribe, Ashlan was taught to use a bow, and hunt from horseback. Early in life, she was also seen to be able to harness wind magics akin to conjury, but has not dedicated herself to harnessing it. Instead, she's dabbled in ways to use wind magic in a more practical manner, supplementing sailing and her music.
Her time aboard a fishing vessel brought skills that she utilizes when fighting others. As a fisher, her primary tool was using harpoons to catch larger fish and combating sea monstrocities. Recently, on setting foot in Eorzea, Ashlan has begun to use her skills with a harpoon to help learn to wield lances and javelins. She is adequate in the use of a small blade, using it for self defense whenever she had come into a rough port, but in no way is an expert with it.
R U M O R S
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
Common Rumors (Easy to overhear)
- " She's a treat to listen to. I wish there were more bards bringing song to the public."
Moderate Rumors (Moderately difficult to overhear)
- "She doesn't seem to know much of the area... I've helped her try to find the Quicksand twice... In the same day... And we were just outside of it."
Rare Rumors (Very difficult or rarely overheard)
- "She has a gift for listening... She can recall just about any tune I taught without the using sheet music."
PC Rumors (Rumors from the character's of other players)
I N T E R E S T S
- Playing for others
- Performing and watching plays
- Teaching others.
- Flying Chocobos
- People who berate performances.
- Spreading Negativity
- Unfruitful ventures
- Being called a Dragon
- Noise Complaints
R E L A T I O N S H I P S
|♥||Romantic Interest||♥||Platonic Love||●||Positive||●||Neutral||●||Negative||☠||Deceased||?||Uncertain|
F O O T N O T E S
[ Voice Claim]
O U T - O F - C H A R A C T E R
- RP walk-ups, whether starting myself or receiving from others.
- Join in for long term plotlines that make sense for the character.
- Combat RP, preference towards freeform.
- Most mature themes in RP are okay, though consult if they could have long term effects on my character.
- Tolerate meta-gaming.
- ERP, I've no problem with it, but I'm not here for it.
- Character death, or limb removal, without my consent.
- Would prefer not to acknowledge fantasia plot lines, as I find them be tension and immersion breaking.
- Dragging IC issues into OOC. I do not mind clarification of course on certain things, but my character's views do not reflect my views.