|Nameday||24th Sun of the 2nd Astral Moon|
|Guardian||Llymlaen, the Navigator|
- Jalin Nalin will sing you sea shanties if you let him.
- 1 Interests
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Biography
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Rumors
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Footnotes
- Meeting people
- Uncalled for rudeness
Foods: Loves him a good stew, berries, and anything sweet.
Drinks: Ale and beer and beer and ale and whatever else ye're offering 'slong as it doesn't kill 'im.
Colors: Blue, black, and tan.
- Not horrible at spear-using
- The only thing small about Jalin is his stature, but don't let that fool you, he can well pull his own. Years spent building and working on his boat, and subsequently hauling and lugging things while working with the ferry skippers have attributed to Jalin's physical strength. Sure, he's not going to be able to win at tug-of-war with a Roe, he can handle a little bit of weight. Size ends up being the problem most of the time. He's usually seen with a smile on his face. Even without a turned up corner to his mouth, it's there in his gaze. He has a typical Lalafellan gait.
MotivationJalin loves seafaring, so he does whatever he needs to keep his boat in good repair.
DispositionCheerful, carefree, and laidback.
Positive personality traitsPatience, friendliness, loyalty, and a mostly-objective view on the world.
Negative personality traitsHolds grudges, is materialistic, and is stubborn.
Miscellaneous quirksJalin is afraid of flying, and thus will never seek to use an airship (or flying mount) if he can reasonably avoid it. Secretly wants to be a pirate, though he doesn't have the right personality for it.
- They say that dynamite comes in small packages. And they are right in Jalin's case if the dynamite has a very long and nearly fire-proof fuse. It takes a lot to ruffle his feathers and actually blow his top. Once he's made up his mind on something, it's hard for him to change his mind. This is good if he's a friend, because he will support anything and everything that he morally agrees with. If he is your enemy, he will not forget your actions against him.
- Jalin's pride and joy is his boat Patience which he takes out fishing when he's not busy doing anything else. ((OOC note that Jalin's FSH level doesn't reflect his ability as he fishes for fun and not for profit.))
- Born and raised in Ul'dah, Jalin became accustomed to the hustle and bustle. He often wandered the stalls of the merchant strip offering to help run errands for the shopkeepers for a bit of gil to buy toys and things. As he reached adulthood, his interest moved seaward, and Jalin ended up traveling to Limsa Lominsa where he made himself quite at home. Working odd jobs for those who needed it and hanging around the boats that often came to port there, Jalin's interest in seafaring and boats only grew. He found himself an apprenticeship with a boatwright and traveled often between Limsa Lominsa and Gridania to learn the ways of boatbuilding. In his spare time, and with spare money he'd saved up, eventually Jalin built himself a small fishing boat.
Nowadays, Jalin is seeking bigger pastures: a merchant ship and crew to call his own.
- ♦ Roliberi Poliberi - Lalafell brothers for lyfe, fam.
- ● Suko Soryu - A new friend!
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC Rumors! Instructions on how: Show text
Copy the following line. Click the edit link beneath the Rumors heading. Paste BEFORE the </td></tr></table> line. : <font style="color:#aac5b4;" size="3">■</font> "QUOTE GOES HERE" - ''[[YOUR NAME HERE]]''