"Oh by Halone's icy teats, I know exactly what my oaths mean! I've chosen to spend my - what will likely be a very short - life beating my head against a wall.
And the Twelve know I'm too much of a fool to step away from that.
So, if I want to enjoy a drink or seven, limber up with a bit of a spar, or limber up in other ways ...if you know what I mean… Godsdamnit I will!"
Personality (Character Diamond)
Likes and Dislikes
Religion and Morality
- Jariana is sworn to the Twelve, and as such is sworn in service to the peoples of Eorzea and Hydaelyn in general. Her devout belief in the deities, along with her martial training, have led some to call her a Free Paladin or some sort of martial zealot. Both are titles she shrugs at, preferring to just be called an adventurer if a label is needed. Out of the Twelve she does feel a connection to Nymeia, the interactions of the Spinner's tapestry always interesting to her, but she recognizes and prays to all them relatively equally.
- More generally, Jari is honest and forthright with others, and will always strive to fulfill any commitment she makes, no matter how small. The oaths she has taken are paramount to her and she recognizes the need for general law for communities to even attempt to survive (not that they necessarily will.) While she will complain (and often believes the effort will have no lasting effect) she is also generally helpful and kind where she can be, often going to great lengths for beings she barely knows. Overall she does what she believes to be right for the sake of doing it, caring little for the recognition of her fellows or even of her gods.
- (Relative) Alignment: Lawful GoodI rather dislike the description given here, mainly because I feel the 'bad' behaviors listed are a bit too overblown in many contexts, as well as Jari will always focus on the 'Good' portion of the alignment over the 'Lawful' part, at least in respect to the laws of governments and communities. The description given, at least in my opinion, edges into the Lawful Stupid realm, which I feel doesn't fit Jari's personality. Along with the wonderful issue of applying a decades old alignment system to a world where it doesn't necessarily make full sense all the time is a bit difficult.
- Mother - Senah Rinjahl
- Leader of a small group of Keepers who live in the wilds of the Shrouds. An isolationist as heart, she keeps her little group apart from Gridania. A talented Conjurer as well.
- Father - Maldah’a Zaranj (Deceased)
- A traveling blacksmith and Senah's only mate. Disappeared at the time of the Calamity, and has been presumed deceased.
- Sister - Tahla Rinjahl (Deceased)
- Healer and presumed next in line to the family leadership after Jari's split with her mother. Was killed in the turmoil after the Calamity.
Friends and AcquaintancesAll information here is OOC (despite Jari being a fairly open book) and I request that it not be used inappropriately. Also, Jari - just like anyone else - makes a slew of mistakes in her characterization of others, and this is not my personal opinion of anyone or their characters.
- A'laika Sokol - Laika is... complicated. Jari enjoys her time with the native of the Sagolii, considers her a very close friend, and would possibly be interested in something more. However, she also gets along well with Laika's mother (which may or may not be a point in her favor), she just happens to be Jari's employer, and apparently the knight resembles her estranged sister. So... it's complicated.
- Eva Ianeira - Being sworn to the Twelve herself, Jari held Eva in the highest regard as a Prioress. Of course that doesn't mean she may not disagree with the Elezen on the meanings and practice of their teachings. However, her time in Thavnair seems to have cut off any contact she had with the Prioress.
- K'hylia Fhey - K'hylia was an irrepressible flirt, and Jari enjoyed every moment of their thinly veiled conversations. She continued to draw closer to the Seeker, especially over a hunting expedition to Coerthas and the Dravnarian Hinterlands. Unfortunately, she has not seen K'hylia since her time in Thavnair.
- Malena Rasksvard - Jariana's early mentor, Dame Rasksvard is an old ally of Jariana's who has always had some influence in her life. She is retired however, happily living in her little cottage in the Mist, and so is typically not seen actively in Eorzea.
- Vetiver Kaji - From healer to roommate, her relationship with Vetiver intrigued, worried, and baffled Jari. Still, she found the Au Ra to be a close companion, despite her concerns. However, she lost contact with Vetiver before her travels to Thavnair.
- Ixal - While not bloodthirsty in any right, her previous "interactions" with this Beast Tribe in particular has left her particularly guarded toward them as a whole.
Commonly Heard Rumors
- "Have you seen her drink? For someone 'Sworn to the Twelve' that Miqo'te seems to be in her cups more often than not." - Random Barfly
- "That idiot of a sellsword cleared out a whole nest of Peiste for me for nothing more than a drink or two! Cheap labor while she still breathes." - Ul'dahn Merchant
- "She spends a lot of time behind closed doors with those with 'loose morals' if you catch my drift. Either man or woman, she doesn't seem to mind." - Lominsian Dockworker
Occasionally Heard Rumors
- "Count the empty flagons after she's had her fill at the bar. Never more than seven. Odd eh?" - Gridanian Barkeep
- "I saw her training with the gladiators in Ul'dah once. Shame I never saw her on the 'Sands." - Bloodsands Fan
- "Once saw her walking about with one of those masks the forest Miqo'te wear. Never took her as forest-born." - Gridanian Refugee
Rarely Heard Rumors
- "Heard she lost her kid sister in the moons after the Calamity. She's never said how as far as I know." - Adder's Sergeant
- "She pays in full every time, helps the workers out with a bit of Conjury, and I can't fault having a friendly blade on hand sometimes." - Lominsian Madame
Player RumorsFeel free to add to this section whatever you'd like, true or false, just keep it IC please.
Wiki Inspiration and Design
Character Influences and Other Tidbits
|Clan||Keeper of the Moon|
|Age||25 to 27 or so.|
|Nameday||20th Sun of the 4th Umbral Moon|
Though she doesn't actually know the date.
Yes... Miqo'te-at-Arms. *glares* She's refuses to be called a knight, and I'm not going to call her a "Man"-at-Arms, that would just be silly! :P, Metalworker
|Availability||Late Night Pacific Time Zone|