Notice: This profile is written from a public-knowledge standpoint. As such, details may be absent, incomplete, or blatantly false.
|Birth Date||2nd Sun 5th Umbral Moon (Oct 2)|
|Occupation||Adventurer / Explorer / Other|
|Relatives||Tobukha Tumet (Father, estranged)|
|Guardian||Althyk, the Keeper|
Neith (pronounced /nayth/) is an Au Ra most know little about, due to her wandering adventures and taciturn demeanor towards strangers. Hailing from the Othardian steppes as most Xaela do, circumstances brought her to Ul'Dah earlier than most other Au Ra, leaving her to fend for herself from a tender age in a land unfamiliar with her kind. Over the summers, her seemingly natural affinity towards hunting with a spear had led her to join the Adventurer's Guild as a lancer. Her skill and wealth steadily grew with time, and with it Neith wandered Eorzea. Moving with purpose, she seems to be looking for something. Or someone...
Appearance & Personality
- A dark-skinned Xaela of above-average height, Neith has an athletic build as expected of one training as a lancer and aspiring to become a dragoon. She has soft amber eyes, though the brightness of her limbal rings can give her a piercing wolf's stare. A short, utilitarian hairstyle and modest clothing had only recently given way to more feminine styles (after a chance encounter with a flamboyant pink-haired man who had, as Neith would recall, "assaulted her with a pair of scissors.") She now has long, raven-black hair with purple ends and favors dark shades of purple and black in her common dress.
- A reserved, soft-spoken person, Neith had always had her head buried in a book as a child. The latter half of her life spent as a street urchin-turned-adventurer sellsword has made her wary of others (particularly men) and hardened her somewhat, though at heart she remains compassionate and naturally curious. This curiosity has led her to continue perusing books whenever and wherever she can, and her respectable literacy and eloquence can be owed to it.
- Despite outward appearances, however, she is no shrinking violet. The lance at her back has seen its share of her exploits as a sellsword, and only those few who have met her on the field have witnessed the normally-unassuming adventurer lash out with a controlled flurry of slashes, or take to the air in a leaping thrust worthy (she hopes) of the Ishgardian dragoons she idolized as a child. Neith's experience in combat has honed her reflexes and developed an unspoken desire to seek challenges, though at the same time she had always yearned for a more peaceful, scholarly life...
6th Astral Era
- Born in the Othardian steppes to the Tumet tribe, Neith's mother was lost in childbirth. She was raised by her father, a skilled blacksmith named Tobukha. Educating and teaching her the basics of survival and hunting as was expected of all children of the tribe, he also indulged her curiosity as best he could. Neith would later recall those days fondly, until the inevitable day of her trial. As with all children of the tribe, she was bound to a tree as the tribe prepared to continue its migration, though not without profound differences...Bound far too securely to be able to free herself, the child was given a simple pendant with a burnt stone, a kiss on her forehead, and an unexpected few parting words.
- "...Do not return."
- Left trapped and abandoned, the girl struggled with her bonds but ultimately could not free herself. It was a passing merchant caravan that came upon her a few suns later that freed her - or rather, helped her free herself. The leader of the caravan, seemingly familiar with the traditions of the Tumet tribe, threw the weakened girl a knife and allowed her to free herself. After days without food or shelter and her father's last words still echoing in her head, the child...nameless and now tribeless as well...accepted the man's offer to ride with his merchant company, bound for Ul'Dah.
7th Umbral Era
Following Dalamud's Fall
7th Astral Era
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated.
Neith likely keeps this information to herself. Where groups are listed, this is her default or general stance.
- This Template was created by Bancroft Gairn. I've modified it somewhat, but all love to Bancroft!