Takahane Michiharu is a man of principle. Raised in Hingashi and transplanted to Kugane, his behaviors are steeped heavily in tradition, and though his training is not necessarily exclusive to the Eastern nations, he is well-learned nonetheless. A merchant and a performer, Taka makes his money where he can. He is a lover of the arts and all things magic, and has made a bit of a name for himself as a master enchanter.
Standing at just a hair under seven fulms (or a few inches over it if his hair's up in its spiky tail), Takahane is your classic male Raen--lean, long-limbed with golden scales and a pair of large horns that extend outward and down rather than forward. His skin is the color of potter's clay, and his pine-colored hair is streaked with blonde. His face is narrow, well-manicured brows arched serenely over a pair of upturned eyes that seem to match his hair somewhat--grass green, with golden limbal rings. With an elegant nose and a pair of full lips that tend to naturally rest in a bit of a frown, he looks every ilm the well-bred, ponderous man.
His manner of dress tends to be fairly traditional if he is found in Kugane or anywhere else in Othard, but it is not uncommon for him to dress in the Eorzean fashion from time to time. This is usually indicative of his catering to an Eorzean crowd. He is rarely seen without a pair of bronze-rimmed pince-nez perched on the bridge of his nose.
To anyone meeting Takahane for the first time, he can come off as a bit silly or overly friendly, but that, it seems, is merely part of his salesman's facade. To those who know Taka well enough, he becomes a bit more reserved, though he retains a genuine warmth and approachability regardless of who he's with. When he is talking about things he is passionate about, he can be fairly excitable and animated, but otherwise he simply gives off the impression that he cares.
Philosophy & Ideals
Taka is an idealist. He believes that everyone, regardless of age, race, or caste, should be working to constantly better themselves. Those who do not are, to him, either ignorant of their own potential, unwilling to accept that change is a constant thing, too full of themselves, or too lazy to care. In his mind, nobility, wealth, and respect should be earned and not inherited by birth.
- Often taps his bottom lip or rubs at the back of his neck while thinking.
- Prefers to have his back to walls rather than an open room.
- Smiles a lot. He's a merchant, what do you expect?
- Hums or whistles when he's happy.
- Is excitable when it comes to talking about enchanting, magic, or performing.
- Likes to show off his magic skills.
- Has to fix his clothes if they are askew. He sometimes does this to other people, too.
Takahane was born in Hingashi to the noble House Haruta. As the only child of Takahiro and Kana Haruta, Takahane grew up in the lap of luxury, himself being groomed to take over as head of the family someday. This meant that his schooling began at a tender age, where he began to learn how to read and write, proper manners and etiquette, and how to present himself as a noble, yet remain humble in doing so. Suffice to say, children are children and are wont to do what their smaller minds believe is fun or right. Therefore, as a child Takahane struggled to maintain propriety and misbehaved more than his parents desired.
His parents hired a samurai to begin training Takahane, thinking that not only could he learn how to defend himself and others, but that it might focus his energy elsewhere and curb his misbehaving. Of course, stories of samurai had reached his horns, but Taka still viewed this as a form of discipline and punishment, and balked at the training. It was around that time that he began to grow curious about magic, and his parents told him that if he studied the sword then, he could study magic in a few years. Thus, Taka threw himself into his training with his samurai tutor.
Takahane has secured his place as a merchant in the Kugane markets, and owns his own stall there, where he sells enchanted merchandise, offers his services for more complicated enchantments, and advertises himself as a performer. Recently he has been between the markets and the Hausuganji Estate, working as a contractor for its kifujin, Natsu Gunji.
I'm Shieke! I'm a Web Developer and have a very busy personal life. I'm usually available in the mid-to-late evening. I love meeting new people and I don't bite (maybe). I also enjoy cats, otters, geckos, cross-stitch, general nerdery, and singing in my nonexistent free time. I look forward to talking with you!
I (Mostly) Adhere to Lore
I'm not a lore nazi! For the most part I am a lore-abiding citizen, but there are occasionally situations in which I will bend lore to suit the story's needs. These are typically things that have little or no official lore already established, are vague in their definitions and could possibly be implemented in different ways, or simply things that are heavily theorized, as that is not official lore. If lore is revealed that contradicts a story or character concept that is already out there, I will try my best to fit it into current lore, but that may not always be possible.
IC ≠ OOC
I am very good at separating IC (in-character) and OOC (out-of-character). The way that a character of mine is feeling is not necessarily the way that I am feeling, and I will never intentionally color IC interactions with my OOC mood. I expect anyone that I RP with to make an effort to separate IC and OOC to avoid awkwardness or hurt feelings down the line as a result of character interactions.
I try to make the RP experience as fun as possible, but there are some times where behind the curtain talk needs to happen. I don't require a lot of frequent updates, but I do expect to be informed if there are plot developments that would affect my character(s) or if there is an OOC reason you need to back off from the RP. I'm a very understanding person, so never be afraid to approach me OOC!
Metagaming and Godmodding are Bad, Mkay
I don't like it, and it could end an RP partnership if it's done to me or my characters. If you don't know what these are, here's a simple definition of both:
- METAGAMING: Using OOC knowledge of a situation to dictate your character's IC actions when your character has no knowledge that would actually cause them to perform said actions. A good example would be a character giving someone directions to a locale that they do not even know exists because the player knows where it is.
- GODMODDING: A player taking control of a character that is not theirs; specifically someone else's PC (player character). This includes a multitude of things. It could be a player's character inflicting a wound on another person's character without permission ("Billy hits Bob, and Bob loses his thumb"). As a general rule, it's not in good taste to control other peoples' characters unless they say it's okay and approve everything that's happening.
Let Our Partnership Be Equal
I'm not interested in a situation where someone just wants a side character for their story. I prefer to have an RP partnership that is equal--maybe one of our characters is more powerful, wealthier, or has more connections than another, but that does not reduce other characters to side character status. Please be respectful of the people around you and know that they're here to share in the experience, too!
|OOC Character Info
- Friendly: Sometimes Taka comes off as overly friendly. He might even flirt. If you are uncomfortable with this, please let me know!
- Regarding Magic: I play Takahane as highly skilled when it comes to most forms of magic. This is because his backstory dictates that he has had "a good education." Read this as "a noble's education." He has had access to quite a few resources for the study of magic. He also flaunts magical cantrips quite a bit, as it is part of his nature.I will never use his magical ability to take advantage of important situations.
- Regarding his noble birth: Taka is disowned by his House, but that may change in the future. Many noble RPers use that status as a wall to inhibit interactions. Taka will interact with anyone.
- Tumblr: My tumblr blog, which houses all of my many FFXIV characters.
- Carrd: My Carrd site that has a shorter description of my FFXIV characters. It may or may not have more up-to-date information.