Meallaire Sergenaux is a Wildwood Elezen who originally hails from the Twelveswood, but departed for Othard during her nineteenth summer. She spent most of her life in foreign lands, and while Eorzea is where she lives most often, it is rarely what she considers to be her home.
She spends most of her time traveling Aldenard, learning about it's history and hidden secrets. This has often included delving into Allagan, Amdapori, and other ruins dotted about the Eorzean landscape. Both she and her husband Jeulerant are adventurous, and travel wherever whim tends to take them.
She serves as a Combat Medic with the Maelstrom but has recently returned overseas to Othard, the land she considers her home.
As a child she was a very quiet and studious intellectual who mostly kept to herself, the primary company in her life her father, aunt and the voices of the Elementals. Age has turned her serious, though she maintains an open-mind within certain subjects. She's an eager student to anything she hasn't yet learned, taking in knowledge about people, magic, combat, tradeskills, and ancient history with an ease that explains her varied skill-set.
A lifetime littered with loss and sorrow has left its mark on her, with several of her children buried in the ground, and so she can be quite somber at times. When her family is involved, she's a very dedicated and affectionate individual, albeit also very protective, sometimes to the point of sheltering her loved ones. Though it takes quite a bit to rouse her to action, when she gets going, she's a very hot-blooded woman who has a cynical streak a mile long, and a sharp tongue to go along with it.
Meallaire has strong opinions and views, and her philosophical outlook tends to be just as strongly opinionated. As a woman who lives an open and relatively free lifestyle with her husband, she understands that free will and choice are extremely important in life, but just as important is maintaining that free will for others. Her age has given her a unique perspective on life and the way many people live it. Many consider themselves good or evil, but she knows that life can't be quantified down into black or white like that. There are too many variations, and reasons for everything.
Lively, Cynical, Friendly, Reckless, Creative, Stubborn, Honest
- Inclement weather
- Night time
- Herbal cigarettes
- Her past
- Extreme heat
- Most sweets
- Looking ignorant
- Being betrayed
- Lack of strength
- Failure to protect her family
- Favorite food: spicy cuisine, most fruits, sushi
- Favorite drink: gin, tea, fruit juice
- Favorite colour: red
- Vices: ???
- Personality Type: INFJ
A simple coin purse made of soft leather, containing a few hundred gil.
Eternal Bond Ring
Resting on the ring-finger of her left hand, this ring never leaves her person.
A simple knife affixed to Mea's belt in most of her traveling outfits, a general all-purpose blade..
This larger leather satchel is soft from wear but also from the obvious care given it by its owner.
Mixed Teas - Among these are three blends, wrapped in a sectioned scroll case meant to keep the flavors from mingling.
A simple journal that contains a number of images of herbs, plants, anatomy and more.
A small sealed inkwell, meant to be used with a quill pen.
Crow Feather Quill
A quill made from a crow's feather, and tipped with a silver end, the feather has been alchemically preserved to remain pristine.
These rations are wrapped tightly and tied off in parchment paper, meant for longer journeys.
This vial contains a liquid of unknown origin, which she often adds to any drinks she's having in any public locale.
A module salvaged from Allagan ruins and utilized to record information. Serves as a control module for A.N.A.
These satchels are coded by color, and Meallaire can usually tell which bag is which in a hurry and without sight.
Various alchemical concoctions, mostly in smaller vials meant to supplement Meallaire's healing as needed..
This medical kit contains all of the basics one needs to provide rudimentary first aid.
A small assortment of candies, most of these are coated in chocolate, and kept cool with an ice crystal to prevent melting.
A.N.A. (Accompaniment Node Alpha)
A.N.A is a small Allagan node that was repurposed into an accompaniment node and is capable of complex functions.
Location & Probability
- The Shroud: High.
- Gridania: High.
- Hingashi: High.
- Kugane: High.
- Othard: High-Moderate.
- Doma: High-Moderate.
- Ishgard: High-Moderate.
- Dravania: High-Moderate.
- Coerthas: Moderate.
- Mor Dhona: Moderate.
- Ul'dah: Moderate.
- Thanalan: Moderate-Low.
- Ala Mhigo: Moderate-Low.
- Limsa Lominsa: Low.
- La Noscea: Low.
- Gridania & The Shroud: Meallaire is still a Gridanian native by birth.
- Conjurer's Guild: A conjurer in her youth and a hearer, Meallaire sometimes serves in a formal capacity for the guild.
- Doma, Othard: Much of her adult life was spent in the Far East. As of the liberation, she is once again a Doman citizen.
- Ishgard: Meallaire has old familial ties to Ishgard, including the Friont Estate, the family manor which once belonged to her grandfather, a lesser noble and former Temple Knight.
- Idyllshire: Study and scholastic learning has brought her minor ties to Idyllshire, including forays into the previously sealed Sharlayan library of Gubal.
- Kugane: Meallaire is a Hingan citizen in good standing.
Meallaire is an adult and has done and endured a lot during her long life. There are very few things she shies away from when it comes to interaction - she'll approach a fight or a cup of tea with equal gusto, and she's not afraid to get her hands dirty, in either the figurative or literal sense. Some topics are listed as unacceptable, and that means it takes major plot points to be permissible.
- ■ Acceptable is all RP themes from dark, serious and mature (violence, sexuality, torture, murder, conflict, drug / alcohol use) to the more light-hearted, humorous and simplistic, as long as it makes sense in the course of the RP. Plots that range from long-term to one-shots, elaborate and large-scale to minor and frivolous. Serious injury. Temporary injury and incapacitation. Temporary captivity or imprisonment. Combat, ambushes, assassination attempts, rivalries, friendships, romantic or sexual tension, coarse language and morally unclear subjects are all welcomed.
- ■ Ask about mutilation, permanent scarring or symbolic markings, long-term and/or permanent injury and disfigurement. Long-term captivity or imprisonment. Temporary character death. Significant mental tampering or programming. Anything dramatically character-changing or that might render her unplayable for a prolonged period of time.
- ■ Unacceptable is permanent character death. Permanent maiming or any crippling that prevents her from functioning independently. Random sex that occurs outside of organic interactions. Rape, or kidnap plots, as well as any sexual forms of torture. (These have already weighed heavily into her backstory and I am uninterested in rehashing them at present.)
Meallaire has done and seen a lot in her history. While the below is by no means comprehensive, it's a kind of spring board for walk-up RP. If you want to drag Mea into an existing plot, feel free to send a tell. Unless spamming PvE content, Mea is always interested in meeting new people and expanding her list of contacts.
- ■ She spends a lot of time in the Shroud and one may wander across her hunting, fishing or taking clippings from plants.
- ■ She speaks with an unfamiliar almost blended accent that isn't quite Eorzean, but not quite Othardian, either.
- ■ Has an abundance of aether, unusually cold aspected. Those who are sensitive to aetherflows would find that her level of aether is unnaturally high, and she is in a perpetual state of Umbral Ice.
- ■ Possessed of the Echo, she is capable of listening, understanding, and subsequently speaking any language she hears, categorizing her as a polyglot. This means that even obscure dialects often catch her attention. She doesn't understand cipher, of course, unless she's been trained in it.
- ■ She carries a small conjury focus on most of her outfits, so that others will recognize her as a healer if they are in need.
- ■ She has been seen often in the Brume, or in Little Ala Mhigo, providing succor to those there who are in need.
- ■ She can be found in Kugane in the market district, bartering in animated tones with the merchants there in the Othardian dialect.
- ■ She enjoys the landscape of the Azim Steppe, and has documentation providing her permission to trade in Reunion. While there, she rarely speaks, preferring to let her wares (sweets & stuffed plush dolls) speak instead.