| Alta Ugund
Blood of the Dragon
| Biographical Information
||15th Sun of the 1st Umbral Moon
||All presumed decesased
| Physical Attributes
||4 fulms 9.5 ilms
||Disciple of War gear
| Career Information
| Out-of-Character Information
|She's here to cheerfully mess your shit up.
"Your reality is what you make of it."
Alta came to Eorzea on the heels of those who fled from the encroaching Garlean forces. After only a short time in Eorzea she was conscripted into Diabolos' Due, a completely legal and not at all sketchy group of gamblers that frequent Ul'dah and its lands, a group that she has recently left.
- ■ Watching fights
- ■ Traveling
- ■ The ocean
- ■ Shopping
- ■ Waking up early
- ■ Any who try hurting her family
- ■ Being lost
- ■ The cold
- ■ Alignment: Chaotic Good
- ■ Vice(s): Sleeping, Social Drinking
- ■ Favorite Food: Lava Toad Legs
- ■ Favorite Drink: Spiced Rum
- ■ Favorite Color: Pink and light blue
- Voice Claim
- Chaotic Good
- From the time that she could figure out which end was the pointy one, Alta has had a lance in her hand. Her clan traveled the Steppes with a fair amount of frequency, never staying settled in one place for more than a few months at a time. Hers was a happy childhood, with loving parents (strict, of course, but loving) and a supportive network within the clan. An only child to her parents, she never wanted for anything as she grew up. Hardship was not something she was familiar with. Well, not beyond the normal hardships of a nomadic lifestyle.
- When she reached her sixteenth summer, she began to size up potential candidates for her future spouse and mate. She had blossomed into a highly desirable female within the clan, both beautiful and deadly, and she had her pick of the crop. It was great fun, narrowing the pool bit by bit, and over the next couple of years she had whittled the potentials down to but a family. That, of course, was when the Calamity struck. Her clan wound up divided, lost to each other and broken apart, and she wandered the Steppes for a few years more, until the Garleans razed Doma to the ground. Alta found her chance to leave the Steppes and she took it.
- She has only been in Eorzea for a few moons, and yet she already enjoys it more than she ever did her life on the Steppes. They were simpler times then, sure; it was easier to determine who was your enemy (everyone else) and who wasn't (your clan), but the diversity and the beauty of Eorzea captivated her very quickly. Alta has lost all contact with her family since her arrival and has since given up on looking for them, presuming they're dead.
- A fateful night in the Quicksand found her rolling dice with one Flynt Reddard, her "soul" lost to him on the back of an impossible to answer riddle. But it was fun, or at least it was all supposed to be. She found herself quickly falling for the charismatic (and oft times ridiculous) Hyur, swept up in the heat and the moment of it all. The future seemed bright: become engaged to the gambling sky pirate, settle down, raise a family. He painted a pretty picture, and she very much wanted to be a part of it.
- But "too good to be true" became her reality. Flynt was (is, he could never change) a womanizer, and Alta spent more evenings without him than she did with. After her quiet fears were brought to the forefront by Julien Fortier, after a speech Flynt gave which revealed how mad the man had truly become, Alta left him and the ring behind. She's her own now, with no direction in her life.
- There was time spent with a Miqo'te by the name of X'elo Maimhov that was as a dream. He was sweet to her, perhaps too sweet for someone so unused to it. He was able to help her feel like someone who's real and valued. The good was too much to last, however, and a rock slide that left her trapped for too long has wiped her of her memories, both good and bad, and she is trying desperately to regain them.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
◢ Common Rumors (Easily overheard)
- ■ "Once took on a bunch o' boys with that crew she was runnin' wit'. She was the only one to come outta the thing without injury, dignity intact 'n everythin'!" - a regular at the Coffer & Coffin
◢ Moderate Rumors (Moderately difficult to overhear)
- ■ "She left the ring, right on the podium in front of him. Walked out before he could say a word." - a Sister at Saint Adama
◢ Rare Rumors (Very difficult or rarely overheard)
- ■ "The Ugund girl with the pink hair? A disgrace. Gave up looking for her family. They were never given their proper death rites. I hope her guilt over their torturous journey in the afterlife plagues her for her life." - A wandering Xaela, tribe unknown.
◢ PC Rumors (Rumors from the characters of other players)
- ■ "The next guy to break her heart, I'll break his fuckin' face." - Amedee Delacroix
- ♥ Romantic Partner ♥ Romantic Interest ♥ Platonic Love
- ● Good Standing ● Neutral Standing ● Poor Standing
- ● Zakash Firemane : The first person in the house she's staying in that she's really talked to. His warm, fatherly presence put her at ease, even though she insists that he not treat her as a child. He respects her need for time and she appreciates that more than anything.
- ● Hisayuki Kisaragi : The one who gave her back her name. He was hard to be around while his Elezen lover was away, and she hasn't had much opportunity to pick his brain for help.
- ● Fae'ra Yohko : Annoying and enjoys getting in her personal space, but she can't find anything yet that makes him a bad person.
- The relationships listed below are from before her accident.
- ♥ X'elo Maimhov : A miqo'te minstrel that she has spent a few nights chatting with in the Quicksand. X'elo is... refreshing, a change of pace from whom she usually spends time with. He seems to be a genuinely nice person, thoughtful though he claims not to be, and he lends an ear to her woes, even offering her advice. He's given her plenty to think about.
- ♥ Hisayuki Kisaragi : Though a Raen himself, Alta has found something of a sibling in Hisayuki. She is fiercely protective of him, to the point of standing between him and a suit of magitek aiming its guns on him. She fears him leaving the Due one day, but wants nothing more than for such a gentle soul to be free of the company's insanity.
- ♥ Amedee Delacroix : The first in the family that she came to care for, aside from Flynt. He's still a mystery to her, and figuring out his moods can be an incredibly challenge, but she's more than happy to be along for the ride. He's as important to her as any of the others.
- ●/● Julien Fortier : Her feelings toward Julien swing wildly depending entirely on whom he is trying to kill at any given moment. So long as it isn't anyone she cares for, she's happy to let him just do whatever it is he does. Otherwise, she very much wants to put a spear point through his throat.
- ● Flynt Reddard : Her former fiancé. Though she bears the man no ill will, they can never again be anything near what they were. His philandering ways finally got the better of her and, coupled with words from Julien, she finally came of a mind to end their relationship. Upon hearing his plans and new direction for the Due, her fear over him having lost his gods damned mind solidified her decision, and she left him and her ring behind.
- Template by Bancroft Gairn
- Theme Song: Girl on Fire - Alicia Keys
- TV Tropes:
- False Soulmate
- Interspecies Romance
- Little Miss Badass
- Mama Bear (Even if not literally a mom)
- Scoundrel Code
- Morality Kitchen Sink
- Easy Amnesia