✷ CURRENT ALIAS... Def | Bride | 'Amber'
✷ PAST ALIASES... None
✷ RACE & CLAN... Au-ra, Raen
✷ GENDER... Female
✷ AGE & NAMEDAY... 26 | Born the 16th Sun of the 2nd Astral Moon
✷ ORIENTATION... Polyamorous and Bisexual
✷ MARITAL STATUS... In an open relationship
✷ CITIZENSHIP... Ul'dahn
✷ FAMILY... Mother, Father, Papa, Older Sister, two Older Brothers, Estranged Sibling (no biological relatives)
✷ RESIDENCE... The Collegia Arcanum, Mists – Ward 12, Plot 45.
✷ OCCUPATION... Goldsmith, Paladin, Secretary, Immortal Flame
✷ PATRON DEITY... Menphina
✷ HEIGHT & WEIGHT... 4 fulms, 8 ilms, 146 ponze.
✷ ALIGNMENT... Neutral/Lawful Good
Defiant is unusual among Raen for her dark brown skin, contrasting with the white scales that cover her body. These too are more heavy than many others of her race, bearing fine, snake-like scales all the way around her neck from her jawline to her collarbone, with others covering her inner and outer thighs or gathering at her spine before her tail emerges. Though not noticeable, she is heterochromic, with her left eye green and her right a more aqua color. Her hair is naturally a soft, unusual shade of pastel blue, but she often dyes it other pastel hues. Regardless of color she tends to wear it pulled back and straightened, whether her hair is long or short. She takes a small amount of pride in the softness of her hair, skin, and scales, though her hands are well-callused with years of hard work.
She scars heavily and visibly, with shiny pink keloid scars decorating her chest, thighs and stomach. The most prominent among this is visibly twisted and poorly-healed, a heavy rip that bisects her stomach and has fresh white scales growing over the very ends... anyone with a modicum of knowledge can tell whatever wound caused it wasn't properly cared for. Her single horn also bears hints of damage, small hairline cracks covering it's surface and several scales missing where it was heavily injured.
She's quite the open book when it comes to her reactions and emotional state, and blushes easily... it's simple to tell how she's feeling just by glancing at her, her feelings writ over her face and in the motions of her tail. Many find her habits adorable, and call the woman irresistibly teasable, much to her chagrin. Rumors that she peeps loudly when agitated remain mere rumors, so far as anyone knows.
- ✷ Mismatched eyes, bright and often smiling.
- ✷ A single horn, curved by her cheek and bearing signs of past damage.
- ✷ An incredibly tiny build, noticeably plump all around.
- ✷ A warm, welcoming smile, sincere as anyone can be.
- ✷ Cheeks that are quick to redden, be it out of embarrassment, shyness, or some combination of both.
- ✷ A thick tail that, while not prehensile, tends to reveal her mood in it's flicks and swishes.
Defiant is warm and eager to make friends, and her extensive social contracts have made her VERY good at socializing. As a result she's developed an impressive poker face and a knack for how to hide her emotions or release them to make sure people see her the way she wants to be. Her smile is natural, but she can still unleash a sharp tongue, and she doesn't mind if she has to lie or act to make sure things stay smooth. She's quite good at lying, and has a good poker face... except when she's embarrassed, particularly from being teased about her love-life.
For all her appearances, Defiant suffers from intense anxiety and recurring bouts of severe depression. In the past, she's engaged in extremely risky behavior in an attempt to gain some control over her life or fill what was lacking. She risked her life in battle, failed to treat injuries, drank heavily, and more... but in the long years since she came to Eorzea, she's come to find solace and warmth in life. She lives day to day in quiet happiness, not afraid of what the future brings, and only rarely suffers from panic or depression.
- ✷ FLAME OFFICER'S BLADE: A heavy, unusually-shaped longsword and Defiant's main arm. Earned through moons of hard work and effort put in with the flames, she wields it with an ease that belays it's true weight.
- ✷ HIGH MYTHRITE SHIELD: A gorgeous work of art in shield form, Defiant's mythrite shield was originally crafted by Rawkin Forgeheart and served well until it was shattered in combat with Garlean forces. This new piece is magnitudes finer, heavier in exchange for being harder to pierce.
- ✷ PEISTBANE: A gift by a dear, dear friend and her employer, the eccentric gillionaire, Sigurd Sundsteigen, this cereulean-powered gunblade is sleek and modern and folds up small enough that it can be concealed in Def's clothing. While new to shooting, she treasures the gift and the affection behind it and keeps it on her where normal blades might draw unwanted attention.
- ✷ GOLDSMITHING SUPPLIES: Ever the hard worker, Def keeps several types of jewelry-making supplies on her, from a miniature tool kit to a variety of samples of chains and beads, to scraps of ore and jewels. The latter serve as gifts and payment when she finds herself in debt to others; the former tend to go right into her pet Spriggan's waiting mouth.
- ✷ SILVER NECKLACE: A very simple silver necklace, not the finest quality but very well cared for. A valentione's day gift from her dearest friend Khyran Oisin... no matter how many fancy and intricate pieces she makes, it remains her favorite.
- ✷ AMBER RING: A finely made ring with a golden band and a near-flawless cabochon of amber as the focal piece. While she started wearing it on a whim, circumstances have drawn her to the stone and she wears it as a reminder of her desire to serve as a guardian to others. She keeps it on her at all times, even when wearing gloves.
- ✷ NOTEBOOK: A pocket-sized notebook with plenty of pages bound in soft aldgoat leather, with a tiny loop to hold a pen. A key point in her work as a personal assistant to Sigurd Sundsteigen, this notebook holds detailed reports of meetings of a clandestine group, long lists of tasks to be accomplished, a variety of receipts of sale for all sorts of goods... and a whole lot of grumbling and complaining about her employer, usually written down when she's told "Take a note, my most defiant bride!" before he begins to ramble.
- ✷ LINKPEARL STRAND: A string of linkpearls with individual clasps designed to nestle them neatly against an auri horn. They range from casual social groups to formal military and secret society pearls. Her own has a personal line that's easy for any standard model to tune to, if messages need be sent.
Some of these rumors are untrue, speculation, or are greatly exaggerated.
Feel free to add your own rumors to this section.
Art by Lil Bug J. Her body is overall much softer than her in-game model.
Personal RP Limits
Potential Plot Hooks
While the below is by no means comprehensive, it's a kind of spring board for walk-up RP.
Character Lore Adherence
Information in this Wiki is Lore Compliant to the best of my knowledge. Assumptions and small tweaks at play in this character and backstory are listed below.
- Template borrowed wholesale from Sigurd Sundsteigen. Original design by Abagail Graves and Bancroft Gairn, with edits by Xheja Rajhera, inspiration from D'lyhhia Lhuil, and more edits by Glioca Sargonnai. With the inventory page used with Odette Saoirse's permission. Please leave the link-backs if you use or modify the template.