✷ CURRENT ALIAS... Def | Bride | 'Amber'
✷ PAST ALIASES... None
✷ RACE & CLAN... Au-ra, Raen
✷ GENDER... Female
✷ AGE & NAMEDAY... 23 | Born the 16th Sun of the 2nd Astral Moon
✷ ORIENTATION... Polyamorous and Bisexual
✷ MARITAL STATUS... In an open relationship
✷ CITIZENSHIP... Ul'dahn
✷ FAMILY... Mother, Father, Papa, Older Sister, two Older Brothers, Estranged Sibling (no biological relatives)
✷ RESIDENCE... Aethertide Ventures, Mists – Ward 12, Plot 45.
✷ OCCUPATION... Goldsmith, Knight, Private Assistant & More
✷ PATRON DEITY... Menphina
✷ HEIGHT & WEIGHT... 4 fulms, 8 ilms, 146 pounze.
✷ ALIGNMENT... Neutral/Lawful Good
Defiant is unusual among Raen for her dark brown skin, contrasting with the white scales that cover her body. These too are more heavy than many others of her race, bearing scales all the way around her neck from her jawline to her collarbone, with others covering her inner and outer thighs or gathering at her spine before her tail emerges. Though not noticeable, she is heterochromic, with her left eye bearing a green hue and her right a more aqua color. Her hair is naturally a soft, unusual shade of pastel blue, but she's taken to dyeing it blonde with highlights of pink... or lavender, with only hints of blonde. Regardless of color she almost always wears it straightened and pulled back, curly when it's down but found most often in sleek twintails. She takes a small amount of pride in the softness of her hair, skin, and scales, though her hands are well-callused with years of hard work.
She scars heavily and visibly, with shiny pink keloid scars decorating her chest, thighs and stomach. The most prominent among this is visibly twisted and poorly-healed, a heavy rip that bisects her stomach and has fresh white scales growing over the very ends... anyone with a modicum of knowledge can tell whatever wound caused it wasn't properly cared for. Her single horn also bears hints of damage, small hairline cracks covering it's surface and several scales missing where it was heavily injured.
She's quite the open book when it comes to her reactions and emotional state, and blushes easily... it's simple to tell how she's feeling just by glancing at her, her feelings writ over her face and in the motions of her tail. Many find her habits adorable, and call the woman irresistibly teasable, much to her chagrin. Rumors that she peeps loudly when agitated remain mere rumors, so far as anyone knows.
- ✷ Mismatched eyes, bright and often smiling.
- ✷ A single horn, curved by her cheek and bearing signs of past damage.
- ✷ An incredibly tiny build, noticeably plump all around.
- ✷ A warm, welcoming smile, sincere as anyone can be.
- ✷ Cheeks that are quick to redden, be it out of embarrassment, shyness, or some combination of both.
- ✷ A thick tail that, while not prehensile, tends to reveal her mood in it's flicks and swishes.
Though warm and eager to make friends, she can be remarkably shy when she feels she's in over her head... her interest in keeping people happy means that she tends to worry a lot about what others think, and she can repress her own feelings and opinions if she feels they might upset whatever balance she's managed to carve out. She gets embarrassed extremely easily and tends to stutter more and avert her eyes when lewd or romantic topics come up, growing bright red at the drop of the hat. This same habit makes her transparent as hell, as it's hard to get away with lies when you're burning bright as a cherry and tripping over every other word.
For all her appearances, Defiant suffers from intense anxiety and recurring bouts of severe depression. Her habit of bottling things up to not bother others leads her to lash out in less noticeable ways, and she's prone to overwork, not taking care of health, and engaging in risky behavior as forms of subtle self-harm. While she's promised to live on for the sake of others, she sees her continued living as a painful burden that she wishes to shed in some noble act... the strength of this desire waxes and wanes but has only grown completely silent once. She can work herself into painful panic attacks when she finds herself at a loss, as facing her own innumerable flaws devours her with anxiety. She's unwilling to discuss either of these problems with anyone in her life, believing that some things are unconscionable to burden another with.
- ✷ FLAME OFFICER'S BLADE: A heavy, unusually-shaped longsword and Defiant's main arm. Earned through moons of hard work and effort put in with the flames, she wields it with an ease that belays it's true weight.
- ✷ HIGH MYTHRITE SHIELD: A gorgeous work of art in shield form, Defiant's mythrite shield was originally crafted by Rawkin Forgeheart and served well until it was shattered in combat with Garlean forces. This new piece is magnitudes finer, heavier in exchange for being harder to pierce.
- ✷ PEISTBANE: A gift by a dear, dear friend and her employer, the eccentric gillionaire, Sigurd Sundsteigen, this cereulean-powered gunblade is sleek and modern and folds up small enough that it can be concealed in Def's clothing. While new to shooting, she treasures the gift and the affection behind it and keeps it on her where normal blades might draw unwanted attention.
- ✷ GOLDSMITHING SUPPLIES: Ever the hard worker, Def keeps several types of jewelry-making supplies on her, from a miniature tool kit to a variety of samples of chains and beads, to scraps of ore and jewels. The latter serve as gifts and payment when she finds herself in debt to others; the former tend to go right into her pet Spriggan's waiting mouth.
- ✷ SILVER NECKLACE: A very simple silver necklace, not the finest quality but very well cared for. A valentione's day gift from her dearest friend Khyran Oisin... no matter how many fancy and intricate pieces she makes, it remains her favorite.
- ✷ AMBER RING: A finely made ring with a golden band and a near-flawless cabochon of amber as the focal piece. While she started wearing it on a whim, circumstances have drawn her to the stone and she wears it as a reminder of her desire to serve as a guardian to others. She keeps it on her at all times, even when wearing gloves.
- ✷ NOTEBOOK: A pocket-sized notebook with plenty of pages bound in soft aldgoat leather, with a tiny loop to hold a pen. A key point in her work as a personal assistant to Sigurd Sundsteigen, this notebook holds detailed reports of meetings of a clandestine group, long lists of tasks to be accomplished, a variety of receipts of sale for all sorts of goods... and a whole lot of grumbling and complaining about her employer, usually written down when she's told "Take a note, my most defiant bride!" before he begins to ramble.
- ✷ LINKPEARL STRAND: A string of linkpearls with individual clasps designed to nestle them neatly against an auri horn. They range from casual social groups to formal military and secret society pearls. Her own has a personal line that's easy for any standard model to tune to, if messages need be sent.
✷ PAST ALIASES: ENTRY
✷ PAST AFFILIATION... ENTRY
A caravan in flames, exotic goods scattered through burning woods. Two bodies, tattered, bleeding, in pieces on the ground, one before the other as if trying to protect them. A chocobo, injured and crying, hunched in the underbrush. An infant, sick, a few hours from death, dark skin contrasted by soft, milky scales.
- NOTES GO HERE
♥ Family – ♥ Involved – ♥ Romantic – ♥ Platonic – ♥ Physical – ♦ Friend – ★ Acquaintance – $ Business – ✝ Deceased – ✔ Positive – ✖ Negative – ● Neutral – � Unsure
Some of these rumors are untrue, speculation, or are greatly exaggerated.
Feel free to add your own rumors to this section.
Art by Lil Bug J, general body-shape is soft and chubbier than in-game model
Commissioned Art by Ashy
Commissioned Art by Sera
Please call me J, or Def! I'm in my mid-twenties and I'm non-binary. I go by They/Them, and I'm unemployed due to chronic physical and mental illness... which means I tend to be around at all hours of the day. Please don't hesitate to send a message or ask to my Main Blog or over Discord. My ID is: Lil Bug J (they/them)#5634
Personal RP Limits
Potential Plot Hooks
While the below is by no means comprehensive, it's a kind of spring board for walk-up RP.
Character Lore Adherence
Information in this Wiki is Lore Compliant to the best of my knowledge. Assumptions and small tweaks at play in this character and backstory are listed below.
- Template borrowed wholesale from Sigurd Sundsteigen. Original design by Abagail Graves and Bancroft Gairn, with edits by Xheja Rajhera, inspiration from D'lyhhia Lhuil, and more edits by Glioca Sargonnai. With the inventory page used with Odette Saoirse's permission. Please leave the link-backs if you use or modify the template.