A young Hellsguard with a hard attitude, but a softer heart than she likes admitting to having. As the old apprentice of Flameson Hammersmith, Kidd is an accomplished blacksmith in her own right, specializing in practical field weaponry. Although she graduated from her apprenticeship, Kidd still has a lot of learning to do, both in the workshop and out. Like many others, she seeks a sense of stability in the wake of the Calamity, and a sense of purpose for her work.
- "As long as you ain't dead, there's always something you can still do."
Appearance & Personality
- Unusually small for a Roegadyn, Kidd is nonetheless a tall, strongly built individual. Her limbs are lean and long, but her torso is shorter by comparison, and she has a bit of a belly on her. Trailing from the right side of her waist and stretching around her back are three long, large, nasty scars, with the ghost of puncture wounds at the scars' origin still visible. It looks like something huge with claws tried to pick her up and drag her away at some point. Her skin is a darker reddish brown color, flickered sparsely with moles. Her tawny brown hair is kept cut short, and judging from the uneven choppiness of the cut and complete disregard for proper layering, it can be assumed she cuts it herself. It's quite common for her to keep it out of her face with either a bandana or her favorite red cap. Her hazel eyes are quite large for a Roegadyn, and coupled with her size, they give her a more youthful appearance. Her nose is large and Romanesque, and her cheekbones are low and well-defined. Because she works so much with her hands, Kidd's fingers are stubby and stunted, and she sports a menagerie of scars from nicks and burns on them. Her nails are chipped, broken, and short from a combination of being chewed on and being damaged in the workshop.
- Kidd's fashion choices are typically what you would expect of a day laborer. She favors practicality and function over fashion, opting for clothes that breathe easy and are comfortable. This lends to her having a rather approachable and casual air, since she, in her own words, "Ain't much one fer formalities". Kidd is honest and down-to-earth, and the way she presents herself unapologetically reflects that. She doesn't usually bother with more feminine approaches to her appearance, and when she does, it doesn't usually tread outside of the realm of simply washing the dirt and soot from her face and putting on a pair of earrings. Her wardrobe will usually stay true to earth tones and subtle reds, but she has been known to wear purple whenever she needs to look "fancy" or "official".
- Regardless of what she's wearing, however, Kidd can always be found wearing a handmade pendant made of a Griffin's claw.
- There is much to be said for Kidd's seriousness for her work, and one would be hard pressed to find her giving anything less than 100% when given a task to do. She prides herself in being dependable, however, she also keeps a modest composure, and won't hesitate to credit others on their efforts and contributions. Her honesty can be brutal, and it will often come to pass that Kidd will say something completely harsh and tactless as an impulse. She has been making efforts to curb this behavior, but for the times when she slips, she has enough sense of self-awareness to try and make amends. Kidd seems to have a fairly wide capacity for being understanding of others, and, in accordance with this capacity, she attracts many 'strays'. In no way is Kidd above pettiness or anger, however, and once her temper gets going, it can be a while before she comes back down from it.
- In spite of the rough edges of her personality, Kidd is actually very easily made anxious in new and unfamiliar situations, and she typically depends on having at least one friend nearby her to take cues from in such instances. Contrary to how she presents, Kidd is also very self-conscious and looks for validation in others' approval of her. It can often be the case that Kidd will deviate from her comfort zone in order to try to impress others who seem to have a liking for her, She has perfectionist tendencies, and as a result, she can take what she perceives as a mistake or a failure to take initiative very harshly. In an effort to be useful to others, Kidd will often take much more responsibility upon herself than she is able to handle. Anyone who performs any sort of aetheric healing on her will be shocked to see how many signs of stress and tension there are interfering with her natural aetherflow.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
- Template by Bancroft Gairn