Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Clan||Keeper of the Moon|
- Adelle is a soft-spoken former nun from the Church of Saint Adama Landama in Camp Drybone who made the very difficult decision to leave after the culmination of several events, ending up in Limsa Lominsa for a time before deciding to formally pursue the art of healing in Gridania. She was directed to the Harbingers by way of the Order of the Twin Adder and has made a new home there, quickly becoming caught up in the complications and trouble that the company seems to tow in its wake.
Appearance & Personality
- Adelle is somewhat on the shorter side, with very dark skin and dark hair highlighted in white, facial expression habitually solemn and body language unassuming. A lifetime spent in a religious order initially resulted in a subdued personality, being quick to nervousness and discomfort when confronted with knowledge she doesn't have or when placed in a situation with unfamiliar faces. Time spent with the Harbingers has brought forth a brighter personality, hopeful about her possibilities in this wide new world. Her occasional social squeamishness does not translate to her sensibilities about the realities of life, however, having spent years saying last rites and helping to treat and bury bodies about the lichyard. Once becoming more familiar with someone, one can expect a heavily-developed sense of romance and a deep need to help and prove useful to others.
- Adelle was born to two talented thaumaturgists in Limsa Lominsa who immediately began to train their small child in the art they so loved. Unfortunately, a horrible incident near the ocean one day put a chasm between parents and child that would never be breached as they sent their six year old away to join a holy order of nuns at Saint Adama Landama in Drybone. She remained there for the next eighteen years before deciding at age twenty-four to make home elsewhere. After a brief stay in the city-state of her birth, she headed into the Shroud and joined the Harbingers of Dawn. There, she began to learn the rudiments of traditional and offensive conjury and rethink the lessons of her religious background. Unfortunately, the company seemed to be doing more harm than good, with Adelle sent on what was meant to be an infiltration mission that backfired terribly and ended in physical and emotional wounds. Struggling with the aftermath of that brought up old memories and began to cause problems in the scarce friendships she managed to make, leaving her feeling unsafe and struggling to find footing. She denigrated herself harshly for her seeming failure to protect her teammates during the barrage as their assigned healer and sought to improve her combat and healing skills out of a deep sense of worthlessness.
- She started the first tentative steps towards recovery, beginning to reevaluate her self-destructive reasons for redoubling her efforts at offensive conjury and seeing one of the company therapists about the nightmares that intensified since the ill-fated excursion. However, the darkness dogging the steps of her best friend Syranelle Ironleaf swiftly caught up with them both. The Dalamud cultists responsible for the death of the Duskwight's sister returned to have their revenge, determined to make Syranelle the sacrifice to their false god that her sister failed to be. Adelle was caught in their crosshairs, sent a beautiful necklace under false pretenses that turned out to be a vessel for void possession. Under this influence, she barricaded her friend in her room with sweet words and void-powered violence and was only brought out of it through the combat skill of Irridias Velnyx, nearly losing her life in the process. Deeply shaken by this, she suffered a mental breakdown that lasted several days, further upsetting her friend with her lack of emotion and single-minded determination to spill cultist blood. Not until well into the search and destroy mission undertaken with Syranelle, Irridias, and the paladin Granamyr Artanis did this end, drawn into a nightmare realm as part of the cultists' mental manipulations that broke through to her. The mission was thankfully successful and the cultist sect wiped out, although while Syranelle walked out with an engagement to Irridias and Granamyr was free to return to his duties, Adelle emerged intensely shaken from the possession and experience both.
- Adelle's next steps were uncertain as she struggled to handle her mental trauma, determined in her own perception not to be a blight on her friends' hard-earned happiness. Inspired by her friend Ja'rhem Khalaa's involvement in the underworld of Ul'dah, she took up learning her way around a pair of stabbers and deepening her relationships with her company-mates, including developing a bond after Amdapor with Granamyr Artanis that intensified into a strong romance and becoming close to Saraj Malqir. Still, her traumas plagued her. Time away and travel eventually proved the only balms for her mind, allowing her to validate her feelings and return to the Harbingers with renewed hope. In the spring, she entered into a Ceremony of Eternal Bonding with her love. Shadows of her past threaten to loom over her again, however, as her parents have begun to destructively reassert their long-absent places in her life.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!