Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A less than Moral Hellsguard Fighter. Red Duck has had a turbulent upbringing and garnered a backwards set of ideals he tries to live by in the world.
Appearance & Personality
- An imposing physical Roegadyn, as such goes with the general race, Red Duck is shorter then the average Roegadyn. He has somewhat of a small man's syndrome from this detail, barking and biting at any opportunity to prove his superiority over others. It easily comes off as standoffish - because it is. I mean, really. Red Duck is difficult to understand from an outsider's view, having lived in the spires of Alabathia during his childhood, among the strict and highly structured village of the volcanoes.
- Red Duck is quick to anger and slow to trust. He is extremely selfish, making acts of sharing from him possibly the highest compliment you could get. Red Duck also values honesty, at least to himself, above all else. He won't hesitate to lie to someone he doesn't respect or dislikes, or towards lines of questioning he deems irrelevant; However, he will answer with extremely blunted honesty to anyone he does respect, most of the answers given being not what most would like to hear.
- Red Duck is highly immoral, for the people of Eorzea, at least. He won't hesitate to attack, cheat, lie, steal, blackmail, or murder to get what he wants. What he wants, is complicated - to say the least. Red Duck cares only for betterment, of himself or his coffers.
- Red Duck was born Rhoteant Thosinloefsyn, high in the forgotten and nearly never travelled homelands of the Hellsguard clans. He has since been banished from his ancesteral home and has made a life for himself by using any means he has at his disposal. His martial upbringing and ruthless immoral nature.
|:Rhoteant was born to his mother, a woman that he never come to know, and his father Thosinloef Floernmannsyn, a tribal lorekeeper, and is the eldest son of his family. Rhoteant grew fast and strong, getting him attention from the village guardian to undergo a warrior's schooling - at the age of four, Rhoteant was placed into the teachings of Askahtyn Greingarbalsyn, an old massive Hellsguard Warrior - with many of the other well suited children. Rhoteant excelled in his early schooling, giving him much praise and attention from his mentor.
|►:Rhoteant grew to be a vindictive child, thrashing for what he felt he deserved. Being left out of the village's warrior training, Rhoteant's true nature reveals itself, as he poisons his master after being denied further training due to his temperamental and brash nature. The treachery goes unfounded until the next year. Rhoteant shows little remorse.
|►:Red Duck quickly became a popular enforcement tool for the Vincents, citing his ability to tolerate dirty work with ease as well as display ruthless efficiency. His life on the streets had quickly turned around under the Vincents command, allowing Red Duck to live comfortably and in a position of retaliative power. To this day, Red Duck has evaded capture from the local authorities of Ul'Dah due to his cunning and payoffs from the family. Red Duck earned a reputation for his violent approach to solving problems, leaving the threat of "loosing the duck from the pond" as enough of a deterrent for enemies of the Vincents family... but some had sought to test that threat.
|►:Dalamud was falling.
|►:Red Duck travelled far a wide, met a lot of people, fought a lot of people, and left some of those people in shallow graves. His training was hard, long, and scant on comfort but Red Duck was happy. Red Duck finds Lancelaux Fiermont on the borders of Gridania and challenges him to a duel. Lancelaux wins a hard fought battle through the extravagant use of flipping and jumping and the two begin to travel together. On the road Red Duck and Lancelaux encounter a grifter named Chantelle. One of her targets turns out to be none other than Lancelaux, a man she’s familiar with (even if only by name). After unsuccessfully attempting to part him with his meager wealth, she attaches herself to his and Red Duck’s travelling party.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!