| Dominique La'fleur
"Come closer, I dare you."
|OOC Character Information
||Notorious flirt, Ruthless
||Rhalgr, The Destroyer
|The Mythril Blades <<MB-RP>>
|Engraved silver flask always on her person; A bracelet formed from steel, adorning several hand crafted roses; Most recently a ring, One of twining gold and white gold, simple upon first look with its twining thorn design. Only closer inspection however it became all the more intricate, the thorns forming petaled claws around minute rubies until, at the forefront a pair of slumbering dragons framed oppulent ruby.
||Adult (late 20's)
||6 Fulm 0 Ilm
||Auburn Red with Honey highlights
||Constant smug grin, Diamond nose stud, Silver eyebrow hoop, Diamond labret, several silver hoops along her ears, large rose tattoo on her back
|| Martial Prowess
|| Magic Affinity
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.
Take a hold, or be lost forever.
- While her given name is Dominique La'fleur, there are less than a handful of people who know that name. She's known as Neeka, a large highlander mercenary with an even larger attitude. Neeka works freelance, taking on whatever jobs that seem lucrative enough for her. She's earned a reputation of being one of the few true professionals left, having never failed a contract given to her. This makes her highly sought after, she's almost always working in some way or another.
- The Highlander is the sole heir to the La'fleur manor in Ishgard and is also their Dragoon representative. Neeka never officially joined the Order, but had gone through all the training required. She received a crystal, weapon and set of Drachen armor from her house.
- Hushed whispers say that she also operates under the name Sanguine Thorn, a sell-sword known for her ruthlessness and little to no morals. She'll neither confirm nor deny these whispers, only stating that she can send a person in the right direction should they ask.
- She travels all over Eorzea, no matter where you are, there's a chance you'll bump into her. Despite disliking Thanalan, she's frequently found in the Goblet at various establishments.
- In her down time, she enjoys finding somewhere to drink. It could be a busy loud bar, or a quiet cliff side. There are only a handful of people whom she enjoys their company enough to call upon them on a regular basis.
- Her most recent title includes that of Lady, head of house La'fleur in Ishgard. The title was bestowed upon her with the passing of Robert La'fleur, Lord of the manor and adoptive father of Neeka. She keeps this life extremely separated to the one she's more comfortable with.
- ■ A well aged bourbon.
- ■ The cold.
- ■ Confidence.
- ■ Swords/Knives/Lances etc, etc.
- ■ Wannabe heroes.
- ■ Romance.
- ■ The heat.
- ■ Thieves.
- ■ Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- ■ Vice(s): Attractive men, Liquor
- ■ Favorite Food: Rare steak
- ■ Favorite Drink: Bourbon
- ■ Favorite Color: Dark blue, Metallic silver, Wine/Dark red
Appearance & Personality
Appearance: While she may be considered short for her race at six fulm, even a short Highlander looms over several of the other races found throughout Eorzea. Immediately noticeable is her body's condition which is kept at a peak condition, especially her legs. Powerful muscles lurk beneath a a layer of perfect milky honey skin, she has two scars, both in her midriff. A fresh scar rests horizontally under her belly button, along with a much older scar beginning at her pelvis and wrapping around her side ending at her lower back. Her dark amber hair rests just below her shoulders, the top layer almost always pulled back to be kept out of her face. When sunlight hits her hair, bright golden hues can be seen scattered throughout her thick locks. Depending on where or when you see Neeka, her facial features could have a soft femininity to them or the polar opposite with a hardened coldness. Black eyeliner defines a set of dark amber eyes. She adorns several piercings on her face. A silver hoop on her eyebrow, a diamond nose stud, and a diamond stud under her bottom lip (Labret). There are two tattoos to be discovered upon the woman, a rose between her shoulder with a vine of thorns trailing down her back as well as a single paw print resembling that of a wolf's resting very low on her pelvis. For a fighter she has immaculate hands, her nails kept manicured and sharp.
No matter what Neeka is wearing, she always opts for having skin showing, especially her thighs. Should your eyes wander down to the exposed skin, asking why, by the time you've looked back up at her she'll be wielding a hidden blade in her hand and a grin on her lips to make her point.
Personality: Neeka is an arrogant woman, taking great pride in being called upon for her services as a sell-sword. When conducting business or on a job Neeka is cold, almost like a machine. It's clear that a conscience is not something she has, willing to do whatever needs to be done to achieve her goals. She does not share the same viewpoints as many other dragoons, she does not view her skills as a life calling, rather, another set of tools at her disposal. Very few people have earned a spot in her life, those that have know through her actions that she cares. Most others she also considers a means to an end.
Meeting Neeka when she's not working is something entirely different. Almost never seen without a drink in hand, she's a notorious flirt. If Neeka sees something she wants, she'll take it. She can be the life of a conversation, full of laughter and sass, should you stay on her good side.
- The only thing known about Neeka is that she was raised in Ishgard but not a citizen born there. She left the city when she was a young adult well before the gates were open to the rest of Eorzea.
- The rest must be discovered ICly.
- No matter where Neeka goes, a small white duck follows her. You'll hear her refer to him as Larry, or any number of expletive. First look would show that she despises the creature, and yet is fiercely protective of him.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC (Don't be a dick)!
◢ Common Rumors (Easily overheard)
- ■ She's had all her training and earned the right to call herself a Dragoon in Ishgard.
- ■ "She's never alone, always a bottle of bourbon and leaves with male company" - Waitress at the Bismark
- ■ People claim she operates under another name, Sanguine Thorn - A mercenary known for killing without question for gil.
- ■ "A firecracker that one, she'll go from hand on your thigh flirtin' up a storm to boot on your throat in no time flat." - Quicksand patron
- ■ "She's got a soft spot for that duck that's always around, don't mess with that duck." - Anonymous solider
◢ Moderate Rumors (Moderately difficult to overhear)
- ■ She was a small child in Ala Mhigo when it was invaded.
- ■ "Seems to me like she has a bit'of'a alcohol dependency" - Ul'dahn Citizen
- ■ "I'm almost positive I saw her fishing one day, full on fishing outfit an' all." - Travelling merchant
- ■ She's an adept cook, but she'd never admit it.
◢ Rare Rumors (Very difficult or rarely overheard)
- ■ "I heard she was taken in by a small noble house under House Haillenarte in Ishgard, House La'fleur after being found half dead in the streets." - Ishgardian Citizen
- ■ "I heard she chickened out at the last moment and didn't join the Temple Knights as a full fledged Dragoon" - Ishgardian Noble
- ■ "Crazy bitch broke my hand when I asked her about an old faded scar on her stomach while we were between the sheets" - Random Highlander Man
◢ PC Rumors (Rumors from the character's of other players)
- ■ "Neeka?.. *grins* Don't let her looks deceive you. She will drink your arse under the table." *smirks* "I swear the woman has a whole 'quicksand' of liquor hidden in her armor." *nods* - Talon Wren
- ■ "Make no mistake, ye see a grin on that pretty face'f 'ers, it's prolly already too late. Best make peace wit' yer guardians - one way or 'nother, ye'll be screamin' t'the twelve b'fore sunup." - Nalukai Manoa
- ■ "Look, you obviously know nothing about her. Spreading rumors is the fastest way to end up on the business end of her spear." - Titus Artorius
- ♥Romantic Interest ♥Platonic Love ♥Close Friend ●Good Standing ●Neutral Standing ✖Poor Standing
- ♥ Asher Rukoth ???
- "Can we not go around puttin' labels on things?"
- ♥ Adun Blackblade Friend
- "What a fuckin' frustrating man, but he needs -someone- in his damn corner."
- ● Erioch Koren Friend
- "Best damn drinkin' partner I've come across, pretty damn handy with a forge too."
- ♥ Benathi Nightsong Childhood Friend
- "Probably the only person I can say was an actual friend of mine growin' up. I have a bit of a soft spot for her."
- ● Titus Artorius Friend
- "The man is wound up too tight, needs a night of heavy drinkin' and good fuckin'. I can't deny his passion or commitment to his cause though. There's a lot more than meets the eye with that Hyur."
- ♥ Nalukai Manoa Friend - Secret Sister
- "Never once let me down, always finds the answers to the questions I'm askin', always has the supplies I need. I wouldn't fuck with that pirate if I was you."
- ● Odile Delacroix Business Associate
- "There's a lot more than meets the eye, knew that the moment I met her. Not often I come across someone else able to play the part as well as I can. Her and I have reached an understanding."
- ✖ Avelyn Firestone Not Exactly Friends
- "The woman has it out for me, ragin' ball of jealousy that one. Just cause I wanted to sleep with her man BEFORE I even knew she existed, swivin' hells she's unreasonable."
- ♥ Talon Wren Friend
- "A sharp one, quick as a whip and smarter than 7 hells. I'm fairly certain he knows how to use that gun of his, but I've yet to see it with my own eyes. He's nice to Larry, so he's good in my books."
- ♥ Kitakaze Mugenkagami Long-term Friend
- "Kita and I have a very special friendship, it's been a treat to watch him come into his own and embrace himself after so many years. I'll have the head of anyone who hurts him."
- ● Culgrim Darkstorm Acquaintance
- "One of the few souls that I would hesitate to see on the other end of my lance, can't keep up to him with the drinkin', I blame his size."
- ♥ Valentino Thorello Long-term Friend
- "Let's just leave it at Tino and I have a very long, and complicated history."
- ● Ariuq Adarkim Business Associate
- "Pays his bills, that's the important part. Little odd, always muttering into some book."
"Everywhere she goes, Larry goes."
Drachen. "It's time to go back to Isghard." Commission done by Artlon.
"Let me show you how to make some real music."
Red Coat. "Another contract complete." Commission done by Raiko.
Tattoo. "Thorns" Design done by PaintedWave.
Servants. "Have a seat." Commission done by Pechan.
"If you're not careful, the cold will chill you to the bone."
- Thematically Appropriate Music: Shaman's Harvest - Here It Comes
- Player-Run Character Tumblr: Neeka's Naughty Nook
- Template by Bancroft Gairn