Anchor is a currently-tentative crew member of Ironsong, a vessel owned by a Confederate-affiliated band of pirates that take on jobs and contracts for the right price. When he isn't sailing the eastern seas with his Ironsong comrades, Anchor is usually taking up various jobs on the shores of Hingashi, particularly in the bustling city of Kugane.
A short crop of black hair and trimmed facial hair frames Anchor's gaunt features. Being just over six feet, his body's underweight state gives his form a lanky and wiry appearance. A thin lash-shaped scar runs across between Anchor's brows to his left cheek, cutting near the unique tattoo there with it's mirroring counterpart on the opposite side. Anchor's eyes are an unnatural red, though they may appear vivid brown from a distance in dimmer lighting. His skin is slightly off-hue from an otherwise deeply tanned olive tone, darker particularly under his eyes--though his fiery spirit staves away the weariness that would otherwise weigh his disposition.
Anchor is incredibly short-tempered and it doesn't take much to press his buttons, though he usually manages to stay professional and/or aloof unless otherwise provoked. Anchor tends to stick away from crowds and, if it can't be helped, tries to position himself ideally to where he can see the majority of individuals present. He makes no attempt to be or appear to be approachable, sending glares at anyone looking at him the wrong way or what he perceives as anyone looking at him the wrong way.
Philosophy & Ideals
A life for an eye. Anchor believes in harsh punishment for hard wrongs, regardless if he is the one dealing out or receiving said punishment. Don't expect any thanks or apologies either. The what's-done-is-done mentality outweighs any sort of thought to assume credit is due or forgivable.
Common Equipment / Possessions
- Tribal Earring. For one who usually collects fineries and rarer objects, this ornamental, albeit cheaply made earring seems off from Anchor's usual eastern aesthetic. Mostly made up of copper and leather, the most distinctive part is the crude piece that resembles a moon at half-quarter. It appears to be a thin sliver of opal mounted on a chip of obsidian.
- Katana. Anchor almost always has one at the ready on his person. He has a slew of them that he collects, so they usually differ slightly in appearance from day to day, depending on which he picks up on his way out.
- Pan Flute. A recently refurbished pan flute. Someone may be able to catch him with it on the pier or in a quiet place, but goes curiously quiet if he notices someone draw near.
- Jude gets taken and sold as a slave. Shipped to an island. Location unknown to him.
- Assigned duty of cleaning/washing minerals and corrupt aether fragments/crystals.
- Tasks change to moving debris from demolition sites and aiding in transport of small crates.
- Jude starts showing signs of aether sickness.
9 - Meets siblings Cseri'a and Seri, two miqo'te children. Eventually becomes friends.
10 - Jude and Cseri'a get assigned to the mines. Seri gets assigned to debris cleanup.
11 - Jude comes down with severe aether sickness. Survives and becomes stable.
12 - Cseri'a starts showing signs of aether sickness.
- Cseri'a succumbs to corrupted aether "poisoning". Seri falls into despair.
- Jude takes up mantle as Seri's brother. Starts wearing Cseri'a's earring. Aliases "Anchor" and "Buoy" are created shortly after.
- Escapes from the Island with Buoy. Picked up by pirates. Tattoos right cheek.
- Retaliation against the acts against the island. Pirates are attacked by another vessel. Anchor loses Buoy at sea.
18-19 - Picked up by a fishing vessel. Makes it to Kugane. Starts picking up work and searching for Buoy.
20 - Anchor meets Brick. Begins to learn combative techniques and eastern reading/writing.
21 - Recruited by Ironsong. Meets Captain Gilnares and First Mate Ember.
- Stops looking for Buoy. Starts hunting for "The Watchers." Second tattoo is carved on left cheek. Cseria's earring is moved to left ear.
- Promoted to Boatswain under Ironsong.
23 - Anchor meets Shael Stormchild.
- Accepted a job from Nabi Kharlu to attain an antennae from a beast in Yanxia. Did not end up going well. Anchor was tended to after by Nabi and then invited to the estate of an Onmyouji where he left her the following morning.
- Introduced to Elam Grave and recruited by him. Carries out several tasks including a job with Shael to deliver goods to the border of Yanxia (which got ruined by an ambush) and then later to pick up a crate north of Isari containing an embalmed body to deliver to Kugane.
- Elam Grave requires another delivery to the outskirts of Isari to a Doman Lord. This one seeming to contain another body, alive however. Turns out to be Nabi Kharlu, bound and gagged. Anchor loses it -triggers corruption- after Nabi makes eye contact with him and seems to cry out. Slaughters most of Elam's men at nearly the cost of his life, all but a man name Torrad, who Brick, Anchor's quartermaster spared in hopes of retaining some sort of relationship with Elam Grave. Brick aimed to make it appear as if their had been another ambush similar to their delivery with Shael.
- While they wait to see how their false story plays out, Brick tells Anchor to keep the girl (Nabi) hidden and out of sight. Anchor agrees and keeps Nabi under confinement at his residence in Shirogane.
- Anchor and Nabi attend the Shogatsu Festival, though under the pretense she must keep her face covered.
- Anchor attempts to cut a deal with Elam Grave, to both keep Ironsong in his good graces and to let Nabi return to her life in Kugane, trading her services for another alchemist he recently recruited to the services of Ironsong.
- Elam Grave drugs Anchor and takes him to and Underground fighting ring. Yanxia|Mountain. Loses Cseri'a's earring, all linkpearls, all other possessions on person at the time.
- Anchor meets Akuido Nagakane; Curator. Anchor meets Batu in fighting pit. -Corruption triggered-. Anchor's left arm receives an enhancement. Anchor meets Myuto. Anchor starts showing signs of aether sickness.
- After several moons, Nabi is brought in before his final fight. Anchor meets Ghoa Mankhad. Anchor meets Nei Uzuka and Ieharu Musa.
-Corruption triggered-. Anchor wins final fight. Shael sets off explosions under sponsor's dais. Anchor surges corrupted aether into mountain from the cell corridors. Mountain starts collapsing.
- With the help of Shael, Tserende, and Ghoa--Anchor, Nabi and Myuto escape via sewage tunnel. Anchor nearly dies in the shed they sought shelter in. Nabi saves Anchor. Fragment created.
- Anchor invites Nabi to stay with him until her clinic is rebuilt. She tends to him over his very long recovery.
- Anchor continues to recover. Body heals but enhanced arm begins to cause increased physical pain.
- Meets Marius, Akhutai, and Ko'a--only known as "Rhe'ir". Make plans to remove enhancement.
- Black market event in Yanxia. Batuhan approached Anchor with a warning about those that would come for Nabi Kharlu and references past with Ghoa Mankhad. Anchor warns Nabi and Ghoa. Nabi reveals Kharlu heritage.
- Meets Arasen Kharlu, Nabi's cousin. Wants to take Nabi back to Kharlu tribe; claims there to be a prophecy. Says it would bring peace between the Kharlu and Jhungid.
- save me.