|Citizenship||Ala Mhigan (Limsan Lominsan)|
|Profession||Ghostbuster, Saboteur, Scout, Bodyguard|
|Patron Deity||The Wind|
- 1 Appearance
- 2 History
- 3 Personality
- 4 Affiliations and Known Associates
- 5 Characteristics
- 6 Other Notes
- 7 References
Castus is a young man, who attempts to keep his body in peak physical condition. Hours of daily training and exercise have left him with a very lean and defined physique. Crowning his head, is a shock of sandy blonde hair, light from a life spent toiling and fighting under the suns rays. Stormy grey-blue eyes dot his face, amidst his tan complexion. Something he has become extremely self conscious about recently, is the amount of scars adorning his body. His knuckles, chest, arm, legs, as well as his face are all lined with reminders of injuries long passed, but he refuses to let skilled healers smooth them over, claiming they are lessons to be remembered. The most noticeable 'trophy' scars are, a large batch of scar tissue on either side of his left forearm, a set of claw marks that run from his stomach down past his hip, and an arrow wound on his right breast. After a recent adventure Castus suffered a grievous injury, his left arm now ending just bellow the elbow in a stump.
Affiliations and Known Associates
Isaac Jacobi-Former captain & mentor, 'Gentleman' Jacobi was instrumental in helping to expand Castus' repertoire of skills, as well as his education.
Beatric Reid-Fellow crew-mate & navigator for Misericorde. A little less than reliable, thanks to her deteriorated mental state, she was a constant source of both entertainment and aggravation.
Xenedra Ambreaus-Formerly a simple acquaintance, after the fall of Dalamund the pair had become quite close. They ventured out on many an outing and adventure, until feelings of friendship and comeradery slowly turned romantic. They have recently taken the plunge, and become wed. A whole new series of adventures await them.
Edward Calloway-A bit naive for his taste, but certainly a reliable sort. He also has some sort of hero complex, believing he's a legendary hero, idiot.
Daghbheri Himalspyr-(Dogberry) A respectable sea captain. Always quick with a grain of wisdom, or a joke, he's a good companion to have on any adventure, or at the pub.
Mtoto Wamoto-A former, temporary, employer who needed a hand dealing with some disagreeable sorts. Far too rigid for her own good, making her that much more fun to antagonize.
Ophelia de Winter-Quiet, shy, and a little timid, he has taken it upon himself to try and guide, and to a lesser extent, protect her. Their relationship has become paternal over the years.
Jeris Guillford-Ridiculous, troublesome, boisterous, dependable, all words used to describe this former Misericorde member. Truly his oldest and most stalwart friend, despite their slightly awkward past.
Syl Southern-A strange bird to be sure, her continued relationship with Guillford proof enough of this. She occationaly wildly fluctuates between being enjoyable company, and neurotic killjoy.
- Nicknames: Rabbit
- Age: 28
- Nameday: Still unknown (But celebrated March 15th)
- Gender: Male
- Sexuality: Straight?
- Marital Status: Wed to Xenedra Ambreaus
- Alignment: Up and Down
- Height: 6'3"
- Weight: 180 ponze
- Body: Lean muscle. Heavily scarred.
- Hair: Blonde
- Eyes: Gray
- Skin: Tan
- Clothing: Usually wears light tunics and breaches with durable boots or espadrilles.
- Fresh Fruit
- Tonberrys (Shudder)
- Sour Foods
Areas of Expertise
- Trained in a discipline of the Ala Mhigan Monks martial arts.
- Has undergone training to mimic the skills of a Dragoon, despite not officially being selected.
- Forcibly taught to harness his natural aether in order to cast black magics.
- Was taught by his former captain marksmanship with a variety of firearms.
- Has become a decent carpenter, going so far as to build his own boat, as well as make carvings and etchings as a hobby.
- Managed to pick up and become versed in the smithing arts.
- Learned to machine and engineer (mostly weapons) to assist his former crew.
- Has been encouraged to draw and paint recreationally, and has become decent if given enough time.
- Is a fervent believer in improvement through harsh training, and can usually be found doing so in his down time.
His father had originally instilled in him the virtues of following the god of destruction, Rhalgar. After setting out on his own he adopted the god Oschon to watch over him in his travels. Time has jaded him to his former beliefs, and instead he chooses to follow what he calls 'the path of the wind.' Choosing to lead a more carefree life, relying on the subtle currents to direct him.
- Avoids crowds if possible.
- Wears his dog as a hat.
- Sometimes throws shoes instead of yelling.
- Can almost always be found with some sort of alcohol.
- Terrible at understanding jokes.
Castus has a number of various bits and bobbles he usually carries on his person. Depending on if he knows he will be heading in to trouble of not usually determines the necessity of heavier gear.
- The Vanguard Lance- A large drill ripped off a prototype Garlean vanguard walker. After much tinkering from himself, and Isaac Jacobi, the drill was lashed to a set of lance hafts with electrum contact points on the grip to facilitate an aetheric transfer through his palm, powering the drill. It is mostly used against heavily armed opponents, or fortifications.
- Mechanized Boarding Lance- Stolen from a vanquished assassin, the lance houses a mechanical system that allows it to fire the lance head like a harpoon, and then retract back into the housing using the slim wire cable.
- Explosives- Taken directly from his former captains research, and then modified and in some instances, Castus carries, and can reproduce, a variety of explosives. From alchemical incendiaries, high explosives designed to breach ship hulls or fortifications, to pressurized containers filled with blessed vapors used to harm and weaken voidsent.
- Saboteur Gear roll- Assembled and put to the most use during the beginning of the Garlean occupation. This set of tools includes: Hand and foot spikes to aid climbing, a few sets of thin wire used as garrotes, a set of thin throwing knives, a pair of skinning blades, various small containers of woad used in camouflage.
- Refurbished Garlean pistol- Formerly an officers pistol with a short sword blade build into the barrel. Since it's recovery, it has been trimmed down to just its base function, a hand held, repeater firearm. It can usually be found secured in a leather holster under his arm.
The following rumors can be heard about Castus. (If your character has an opinion about him, feel free to add it here.)
- "He's got some sort'a death wish. I once saw him start a fist fight at the Drowned Wench with maybe twenty men from tha Bloody Executioners."
- "I heard he was raised by beasts of some sort. The way he moves when he thinks no one is watching, like some sort of wild animal."
- "He used to be an assassin of some sort. If you're not careful, he'll disappear in an instant, and he knows far too many ways to kill a man."
- The crew he used to run with got disbanded for doing some pretty terrible things. I know the Garleans are terrible, but skinning and burning them alive seems cruel, even for Garleans."
- "There used to be a monster up near Coerthas, after Bahamut showed up. A monster made out of fire that used to attack caravans. I could swear I saw a blonde man walking naked through the snow from one of the attack sites with a sack of dried goods over one shoulder. It looked remarkably like..."
What PCs are saying
- "Thanks to Castus Allard brand Ghost-B-Gone™ small exploding spheres, I never have to worry about ghosts haunting my shop ever again. I also became extremely itchy and all my hair fell out, but that's really beside the point."
- "He's not really a man, he's actually a spirit of flame that Issac the dragon slayer commanded to man his forge. Allowing the heroic captain to single-handedly repel an army of voidsent, from a small village of injured refuges, for three days and nights. As far as spirits go, He's kind of a kill joy."
You might have run into or otherwise know Castus from:
- In or around Limsa Lominsa
- The Soliloquy theater
- Beast or Voidsent infested ruins
- Strolling through the Shroud
- Musical Accompaniment
Various table top and other MMO characters distilled down.