The Eastern Knight
■ RACE & CLAN... Au Ra, Raen.
■ GENDER... Female
■ AGE & NAMEDAY... “In excess of thirty cycles”, 24th sun of the 1st astral moon.
■ ORIENTATION... Asexual
■ RELATIONSHIP STATUS... Single.
■ NATIONALITY... Othardian, nation undefined.
■ OCCUPATION... Dark Knight, Adventurer.
■ PATRON DEITY... None.
■ ALIGNMENT... Chaotic Good
At first glance, Kosetsu would probably seem like an introverted, single-minded simpleton. At second and third glance, she’ll likely still seem exactly that. Kosetsu generally remains quiet, only occasionally blurting out single words or short sentences regarding the situation. Her words carry nothing beyond her exact thoughts. The Raen is honest to a fault, often offending others or startling them with her lack of tact.
Kosetsu’s single-mindedness is focused exclusively on the pursuit of justice. This completely overrules any other emotion she would carry, making her easily seem devoid of any personality at all. Family, loved ones, allies, friends or even herself. Kosetsu would not bat an eye to sacrifice anything if it means that she does what feels right. The woman’s detachment from her own sense of humanity has seemingly made her an avatar of that which she strives for, even if it wouldn’t always match with the sense of justice others have.
Correlating with this, Kosetsu can be found to be bold, even fearless, and without any regrets. Should danger present itself, Kosetsu can often be found facing it head-on. Despite this, Kosetsu does seem to have a sense of self-preservation, as she prefers to live another day to do more good.
Little can be said of the Auri swordswoman’s facial appearance. Though she stands tall for a woman of her kind, this fact is easily lost to the commonly taller races of the Eorzean realm. Originally she was only to be found fully clad in armour, obscuring all of her features. But she has fairly recently replaced her helmets for veils. Underneath, hair of a soft pink hue obstructs her left eye. Her one visible eye is also coloured pink, revealing little emotion. Only in the most extreme situations does the Au Ra’s obscured expression change.
When the occasion calls for such, Kosetsu would take to wearing appropriate clothing, rather than armour. This reveals that the Raen has the typical petite, hourglass figure found in the vast majority of women of her kind. Kosetsu has a notably toned physique for an Auri woman, though this fact can easily be lost on those who are unfamiliar with her kind. In outfits that conceal less skin, Kosetsu is revealed to be of a strangely healthy tone of skin considering her usual choice of attire. She seems to be eerily free of any blemishes on both her skin and scales despite her claims of decades of combat experience. The only irregularity to be found is a black marking on her left wrist, sitting between the patterns of her scales. This marking seems to always be covered up, regardless of attire.
Matching her general demeanour, her voice seems to lack any emotional inclination. She speaks softly and free of intonation. Paired with her archaic manner of speech and inability to pick up on social queues, the Auri knight could make for an awkward conversational partner.
- ♥ Romantic Interest
- 💘 Crush
- ♥ Platonic Love
- ★ Highly respected
- ☍ Confidant
- ● Negative relation
- ☘ Positive relation
- ● Neutral relation
- ☠ Hostile relation
- ➘ Lost/Minimal contact
Family Show text
- ♥★☍ Clan Kensei: An ancient family of renowned swordsmen and women that Kosetsu was born into. While being noted to greatly resemble her mother, Kosetsu’s behaviours more closely mimic her father’s, though to an extreme degree. She is also known to have a younger brother who has wed and fathered children. Though she only occasionally has contact with her family, there is respect and love between all members.
- ♥★ Lowell Tumet: Kosetsu encountered the Xaela boy as a child tied to a tree. Disgusted with this Tumet tradition to prove a child’s strength, Kosetsu cut the boy loose and raised him as her own son. For ten years, the child she named Lowell served as her squire. Shortly after his knighting, Lowell and Kosetsu came to Doma’s defence against Garlean retribution, where Lowell perished. Though Kosetsu carries no regrets, she misses the boy that accepted her unconditionally greatly.
- ♥ Page: A rather pudgy cat once managed to sneak into Kosetsu’s room, during her time with the Kindred free company, to consume the food she had prepared. In retribution for the cat’s invasion, the Raen claimed the creature as her pet. This cat does not mind, however, as it quickly took to its new owner to the point where it follows her everywhere except to battle. Many seem to note the cat to be obese, though its owner is convinced that all cats of its breed are so rotund in shape.
Winter's Wake Show text
- ☘ Claisent Vaucotier: Her second and current apprentice in the Dark Arts. Though the elezen swordsman was already an adult when his abilities in the school of magick awakened, the man has quickly taken to put her teachings to effective use. On a personal level, there is a bit of a clash of personalities, with Claisent being significantly less detached from the people around him while Kosetsu serves concepts and ideals. He is one of the few that Kosetsu actively compliments, even if the Ishgardian outcast doesn’t seem to take to those words.
- ☘★ Momone Mone: The lalafellin free paladin is probably the closest thing Kosetsu has to an equal, in this realm. With a similar sense of purpose in life, the two knights quickly took to becoming friendly with one another. Their similar age and skill in combat only further cements their bonds. However, Momone’s more humane approach makes for a more socially engaging individual, even if it is at the cost of some focus in purpose. Kosetsu understands this, and thinks no less of her fellow knight for it.
- ☘ O’ray Tia: Kosetsu has made it no secret that she thinks of the Sunseeker as little more than your typical rogue. Ironically, this makes “Ray-tia” somewhat reliable in the Raen’s eyes. One can expect a liar to lie, and one who is unpredictable to act unpredictably. She is also aware that O’ray at least tries to do what he thinks is right, which she holds at least some respect for. That won’t stop her from attempting to sever his hand were she to catch the Seeker in the act of stealing, of course.
- ● Aelia Flameheart: A Raen of similar age to Kosetsu’s. Aelia initially carried a healthy dose of curiosity for Kosetsu’s unconventional behaviours. This led to several social encounters… in between which Kosetsu repeatedly forgot Aelia’s name. After she became a more constant factor in Kosetsu’s life, however, the Auri knight had come to quietly accept the other Raen, even after her former Garlean allegiances were brought to the surface.
- ☘ Ophelia Gale: The sister of her former employer, Nailah Quill. Ophelia is drawn to Kosetsu’s overweight feline companion. In fact, Ophelia ended up naming the cat “Page”. A name which Kosetsu has unwittingly taken to calling the cat, in turn. Her opinion on Ophelia is much the same as it is for her sister. She regards Ophelia as rather unremarkable and with a good heart. Exactly the kind of person that Kosetsu would like to see more of, in this realm.
- ● Krattel Voss: Kosetsu considers the midlander to be well-intentioned and hard working, but weak. Fundamentally kind, but naïve. If anything, Kosetsu believes it wise for Krattel to stay away from the battlefield, since she often has the misfortune to come back from it wounded. Aside from that, she personally holds no ill will for Krattel, even joining in when the woman confronted the demons of her past.
Former Kindred Show text
- ☘ Nailah Quill: The leader of the now defunct Kindred company. In Kosetsu’s eyes, Nailah was of a simple and hardworking sort, which reflected in the loyalty of the Kindred’s members. Her generally easy-going attitude with other people made it significantly easier for Kosetsu to serve under the highlander without ever butting heads over authority. For some reason, Kosetsu has sworn an oath to her former employer, though the specifics are known to a scarce few.
- ☘ W’ghar Lupercal: Another roguish type. Though with his more subtle mannerisms and more overt kindness. Kosetsu has not had a problem whatsoever in forming a cordial working relationship with this Seeker. He also speaks the Doman language to some degree, to Kosetsu’s initial surprise.
- ● Arnvidar Swiftheart: Nailah’s older brother and a confident Highlander Monk. As Claisent’s skills in the dark arts grew, so too did the Elezen’s ego. Arnvidar proposed a sparring match between himself and Claisent, to temper the Ishgardian’s ego. Claisent held his own, however. And Arnvidar claimed to have “Gone easy on him”. This has cost Arnvidar some respect on the Dark Knight’s part, as she considered his objective failed by his own hubris.
Rendezvous of Stars Show text
- ☘ D’ranmaia Shenn: The blind proprietress of the Rendezvous host club. Kosetsu perceives Maia as naïve and innocent, with boundless kindness and effort to offset this. The Raen knight thinks of her as the glue that holds their ragtag group of individuals together, and carries an unspoken fondness for the young Seeker’s innocent ways. It also helps that D’ranmaia was crucial for her survival during a rather harrowing ordeal.
- ☘ Nananomi Nomi: Yet another roguish figure in Kosetsu’s life. Nananomi seems to often seek out Kosetsu in a crowd to stand besides her for reasons unexplained. Uncharacteristic for the roguish type is that Nananomi wears his heart on his sleeve, often giving his opinion in a direct and quirky manner. Perhaps the penchant for both to speak their minds draws the two into a friendly relationship.
- ☘ Zaphir Zurlac: A researcher of a similar bluntness, though Kosetsu would readily admit the elezen’s superior education and intellect. She often seems to work together with him when undertaking tasks for the “host club”. Kosetsu holds a professional sense of respect for Zaphir as a result.
This wiki is a slightly tweaked version of Ophelia Gale's. Please check it out for reference!