<>This page will be updated often.<>
X'caizhen Tia, or Zhen, is a thirty year old Seeker of the Sun formerly of the Lynx tribe. His first 18 years were spent as a member of the tribe, and the next twelve he spent as a mercenary in various locations and capacities, including the Marauder's Guild, alongside the Maelstrom, and in Gridania as a support to the Wood Wailers and Twin Serpents. Recently, he has come to Ul'dah and the Lynxfang Pride to assist his brother, X'khai Tia.
Zhen outwardly gives off the stereotypical impression of a kind and strong man; confident, loyal, quick to laughter and often can't be bothered with being angered or upset. He wields an axe or stall like it is a piece of his body, and wears heavy armor with the ease of years of practice.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 History
- 3 Personality
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Characteristics
- 6 Other Notes
X'caizhen Tia is a 5'7" miqo'te Seeker of the Sun with a sturdy, muscular build. His skin is a tan, almost bronzed color with relatively few scars for a mercenary. One scar is across his face and a smaller is on his cheek, but it seems his propensity for heavy armor has saved him much else on his body. Zhen's eyes are a deep, dark purple which doesn't tend to stand out, and his hair, ears and tail are a chestnut red-brown with slightly sandy highlights.
He carries himself confidently and is generally either found wearing heavy armor or wearing baggy, comfortable clothing. One way or another, he is also almost never found without a club-headed ash staff, either strapped to his back or held and used as a walking stick. It is only when he is prepared to go on a mission that he might leave it behind.
Taka Vhasa - |Attraction/Deep Care| - "Taka is a bit too trusting and a bit too candid, but somehow I love it. She's a light--I like her brightness. I hope she learns about the world outside the tribes soon, though…."
Szhiid'ir Molkot - |Respect| - "Although he sometimes acts oddly, I think the young man has a good head on his shoulders. And I'm grateful that he takes it upon himself to take care of Taka."
Lorelei Melodybender - |Interest| - "A calm and somewhat closed off woman. I respect her manner and candidness. It seems she knows a lot more than she tends to say."
Maraela Barmanie - |Deep Care| - "Young, impulsive...and very honest. She's working through some things and I'm here to help her. Happily."
X'khai Tia - |Little brother| - "Once an exile and now a...what was it...grand chieftain? I'm impressed! You get the big brother stamp of approval, Khai."
Contacts and Acquaintances
Leah Carsen - |Brother's mate| - "Beautiful, sweet, and apparently skilled in various forms of magic? Good catch for my brother."
S'imba Tia - |Out-of-depth| - "S'imba is barely more than a boy...and somehow someone thought he was experienced enough to be a chieftain? It's obvious he needs help."
K'washi Amada - |The mute| - "Last mute I met couldn't read or write. K'washi is, at the very least, easier to communicate with."
Bayhind Maleksis - |Injured stranger| - "I don't know. Talked to him for about two minutes. Seemed nice."
V'enna Nunh - |Tribal stranger| - "Seems a little off in the head, stuck in tribal superstition while stuck away from the tribe. I don't know if he's all there, honestly."
Rhela Awandih - |Performer| - "She played music while another person performed, and she played it well. Seems a bit of a silly person, but rather pleasant."
Amelia Ashford - |Performer| - "A very...strong...person. Literally. Don't try to grapple her. Ever."
- Nicknames: Zhen
- Age: 30
- Nameday: 28th sun of the __ Moon
- Gender: Male
- Sexuality: Straight
- Marital Status: Single
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: ~155
- Body: Built, muscular
- Hair: Red-brown (Chestnut
- Eyes: Royal Purple
- Skin: Tan/Bronze
- Clothing: Varies
- Sport/friendly competition
- Water lilies
- Baggy, comfortable clothing
- Needless violence/fighting
- Cactuars, the bastards
- Large birds, the <censored>
- Being drunk
Areas of Expertise
- Martial: Warrior (master); Staff-fighting (highly skilled); Rogue (skilled); Conjury (skilled); Gladiator (Decent); Archer (Decent)
- Crafting: Carpenter (apprentice); Culinarian (Absolutely dismal. Don't let him cook. Please. Ever.)
- Other: Tracking (skilled)
- Physical strength
- Independent thinker
- Can be lazy
- Spacey/slow/unfocused (NOT unintelligent)
- Loses things/gets lost
- Talks without thinking
- Rarely takes initiative
Zhen still follows his ingrained traditions of worshiping Azeyma, but this is, for the most part, a routine for him. It is very rare to see any real religious activity or sentiment from this man.
The following rumours can be heard about X'caizhen, location specified with the quote. (If your character has an opinion about him, PLEASE add it below.)
- "Swings an axe like a pro, but...sometimes it seems like he thinks he's playing a game." - Brass Blade, Black Brush
- "He's useless. Pretty much just a fodder guard," sneering Ul'dahn trader
- "He's amaaaazing! I saw him cut a boulder in half with ONE SWING! I swear!" - Refugee child
- "Shows up out of the blue every once in awhile and just...helps heal people. I think he does it for K'mitra…." - Wood Wailer, Quarrymill
- "Oh, him! He saved my life! Yes! Cleaved a cactuar in two when it was charging me, and then dropped his axe and healed all those needle wounds! I'll forever be greatful…." - Refugee, Thanalan
- "Oh, Zhen...his wife died some three years ago. Poor man, I didn't think he'd ever get over it. It was so sudden--they were so happy together." - Gridanian resident
- "Bit of a prodigy in the Guild here, X'caizhen. Least he was when he'd focus long enough to learn something!" - Axemaster Wyrnzoen
- "Saw a waif try an' steal that weird staff he carries--man went ballistic. Waif was out like a light in a second, and then Zhen jus'...calmed down an walked away like nothing had happened, staff in hand." - gossiping sailor.
- "Just a washed up old man. Trained his whole life to be a Nuhn and threw it all away." - Lynx Tribe member
- "That man fought an' beat the Levvviathan! All on 'hisssself! -hiccup-" -Drunk Retired Mercenary
- "Oh, he was the most….I've never met a man who's so confident in himself without being….arrogant. He would speak to the Serpent leaders at times, and change their minds about things." - Guild Conjurer
- "I thought he had a cub? Was trying to have a cub? Seems like the sorta guy would be a dad…" - Gridanian resident
What PCs are saying
- My rumour here!
--> Copy the above line and add your rumors below! Link your characters!
You might have run into or otherwise know X'caizhen Tia from:
- Ul'dah/ Thanalan/ Goblet
- The Grindstone
- Affiliations with the Lynxfang Clan (see X'khai Tia)
- Gridania/ The Shroud