- Father: Beyd Zolin, age 63 (deceased)
- Mother: Stavroula "Licene" Zolin, age 58 (deceased)
- Sister: Lyra Zolin, age 20
- Brother: Lexouritis "Lex" Zolin, age 33
- Height: 5 fulms 11 ilms
- Weight: 142 Ponze.
- Body: Slender.
- Hair: Coarse-black with faint blue highlights.
- Eyes: Brown.
- Tell-tale Markings: Tayn has a tattoo on the left side of his face, along with a scar that runs across the corresponding eye. Most would think it is a battle scar, but the truth is a lot harder to swallow.
- For your listening pleasure, Tayn will be voiced by Jonny Yong Bosch.
Tayn is an affectionate man who wears his heart on his sleeve. Nothing is more important to him than family - and thus he is dedicated to taking care of his brother and sister. He has a strong sense of right and wrong, and frequently he has this irritating habit of rushing into situations headfirst because of it. Oftentimes, mostly as a mask, Tayn cracks inappropriate jokes and obsesses over sandwiches. Another interesting quirk is no matter what the situation aside from battle, if he idles long enough, his right hand always finds its way to his hip and his back pocket. In short, Tayn is the kind of man you love, or love to hate, and because of this, can make quick friends or bitter rivals of anyone he meets within minutes.
"This is my choice. Now I have to understand it." ---Tayn Zolin.
Before The Calamity
There is little information about Tayn that he is willing to part with, since he keeps his past close to the vest. However what is known about him is that Tayn is a simple man with simple dreams, with some interesting hobbies on the side. He lived a peaceful life with his sister Lyra and brother Lexouritis, until Garlemald began its conquest in Eorzea. That in turn would initiate a chain of events leading to being seperated from his family, the death of his parents, a subsequent meeting with Lily Dawnsworn, and the Ala Mhigan Insurgence/Resistance. For the next five years, Tayn would become a liason and a contact within Garlemald and Ala Mhigo, now under Garlean occupation.
The Ties That Bind Us
- Lily Dawnsworn: A Midlander from Ala Mhigo, who Tayn imparts information concerning the Garlean occupation in her homeland, and the second-in-command of Corvus Cinis. He purposefully drives her nuts with his antics, but deep down, Tayn looks out for her whenever he can.
- Alothia Starkwood: Leader of Corvus Cinis. Tayn does not know Alothia too well, but he recognizes her for who she is: the one in charge. Entry #3 in Tayn's list of "Who I Wouldn't Mind Getting To Know."
- Vash Ashford: About the only thing Tayn knows about Vash is that he A) was one of the members of Corvus Cinis who defected, and B) likes Lily.
- Lainseworth Ravencraft: A Lalafell who despite Tayn's antics, seems to treat the Midlander with respect and reverence. Tayn is only now learning more about him, as he met Lainseworth after he had recovered his voice.
- K'anko Tia: A member of Corvus Cinis that is currently in a relationship with Alothia Starkwood. Tayn once called K'anko, "Kank-ho," mostly as a joke, but he lets it slip every now and then when the mood is down, much to K'anko's disgust.
- Eric Verus: An intellectual that is a member of Corvus Cinis. He doesn't dislike him, but he makes for a good muse to bounce jokes off of.
- Starwind Meladon: A member of Corvus Cinis, and one of Tayn's constant targets. Due to the fact Tayn views Starwind as a man without a sense of humor, he would go at great lengths to tease him.
- Rio van Rosch: A quirky Miqo'te who Tayn befriended while searching for Lainseworth. Entry #2 in Tayn's list of "Who I Wouldn't Mind Getting To Know." Rio doesn't seem all that interested in Tayn, but that will not stop him from trying.
- Souyo Xander: About the only thing Tayn knows about Souyo is that he A) was one of the members of Corvus Cinis who defected, and B) likes Lily. Being the one that orchestrated the entire affair, Tayn does not harbor any love for Souyo.
- Salty Lake: Their meeting was a curious one, and taken by surprise at Salty's size, Tayn had called her a "huge bitch." They are on good terms, though Tayn has become careful not to make jokes around her whenever possible. Entry #1 in Tayn's list of "Who I Wouldn't Mind Getting To Know."
- I'lyana Rhiki: A Miqo'te Tayn happened upon when he was reflecting on the events in Aurum Vale. She was fairly adept in receiving Tayn's wisecracks, and equally adept in reciprocating them. A stray from Ul'dah, or so she claims.
- Lyse Crofte: A Highlander that Tayn happened to meet through Lily, who is as stalwart as a mountain, and as tenacious as a cockroach. They're on pretty good terms, considering.
The Rumor Mill
- Common Rumors (Easily overheard)
- "He needs to learn how to chew with his mouth closed."
- Moderate Rumors (Moderately difficult to overhear)
- "He cares about people, even if he has a funny way of showing it. And I don't mean 'haha' funny."
- Rare Rumors (Very difficult or rarely overheard)
- "Yeah, I've heard of him. He's a member of Corvus Cinis. Makes sense, since he can't sit still for long, always moving about."
- PC Rumors (From Other Characters)
- "He has absolutely no tact whatsoever, and that always lands him into trouble. However...he is someone you can trust with just about anything. Anything..." - Lily Dawnsworn
- "Tayn? Ah yes...he has an uncanny knack for finding sandwiches...and trouble. And pissing people off. And telling inappropriate jokes. All in all, he's fun to have around." - Alothia Starkwood
- "He's kind of... impossible to gauge, you know? He's a huge lecherous sandwich fetishist, but I guess he's kind of useful? Sometimes? - Rio van Rosch
- "There is much more to the man than his outward demeanor. But I do not question his heart for a moment. A lover of life, that one - and sandwiches... if he could but eat them with his pearl turned off... " - Eric Verus
- "He's an idiot sometimes, and no one can deny that... but he's my idiot and he brings out the best in me. He is the best man." - Lyse Crofte
- "...Levity; charisma; leadership; he is possessed of all of these, and mine blade, until the end; ..just don't stand downwind of him." -Kaedril Valindros
- Things You Can't Possibly Know (But I want you to know OOCly)
- (Stay Tuned!)
- Wanted for Interesting Roleplay
- Just about anything!
- Those willing to play his siblings. Inquire in-game!
- Love interests.
Remember, Music Is The Weapon
Theme of The Man Behind the Mask
Theme Of Sadness
Combat Has Come
The Mask Comes Off!
Let's do this!
Whatever it takes.(Jutat De's Last Stand)
Miscellaneous Music For Combat/Scenario Purposes
Poetry and other IC Writings