|Citizenship||Doma -> Mor Dhona|
|Guardian||Menphina, the Lover|
Mizuki Hagane is a young Au Ra Doman refugee living in Revanent’s Toll. Some words to describe her would be: kind, gentle, bubbly, naive, optimistic, giggly, friendly, loyal, open.
Mizuki is the type of person to be concerned over everyone’s well being. It is nearly impossible for her to not want to help someone, even if they have wronged her in the past. She is able to turn the other cheek well, in the moment. However, she is sensitive, so harsh words can be taken to heart easily, even if she does nothing about them.
This Au Ra doesn’t take too much seriously, except her work. She is exceptionally devoted to her own personal causes.
Mizuki's given name means "Beautiful Moon." (美月) Her family name, Hagane, means "Steel." (鋼)
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 LIKES
- 3 DISLIKES
- 4 OTHER
- 5 Appearance & Notable Features
- 6 Connections
- 7 Biography
- 8 Talents
- 9 Abilities and Skills
- 10 MENDING
- 11 FORTUNE TELLING
- 12 Miscellaneous
- 13 RUMORS
- 14 RELATIONS
- 15 Relation Images
- 16 Gallery
- 17 Extras
Appearance & Notable Features
- Mizuki's most notable traits would be her magenta eyes and silvery blue hair. She stands 5 fulm and weighs 105 ponze. Her build is pale and slender, almost too slender. It's clear she hasn't eaten enough for some time. (But surely wants to!) The scales on her skin, as usual for Au Ra, cover her body in various patterns. She bears very faint scar marks on both her wrists, but they are covered by her natural scales unless closely inspected.
- ■ They were often at Revenant’s Toll, Mor Dhona.
- ■ They are a Doman refugee.
- ■ They are of noble/royal Doman lineage.
- ■ They often did Leves in Mor Dhona.
- ■ They desire any form of divination or crystal healing.
Before Life in Eorzea
- Mizuki is the daughter of two members of the Doman nobility, Akimasa and Kohaku Hagane. While her father comes from an influential and venerated lineage, her mother was the Doman nobility. With disappearance of her father, the demise of her mother, and the destruction of her entire nation due to Garlemald's invasion, her name and former status no longer carries any weight. Currently, she is very poor and never possesses much money of her own. She doesn’t value gil much, save for using it to keep funding her healing materials--therefore obtaining it rules her life in a large way.
- Her father is the divinator, and taught her all she knows about reading the stars and attuning to the constellations. It broke her heart when he abandoned her mother and her years ago to go live in the wilderness after he took a vow of contemplative silence. Though her mother harboured a lot of anger towards him and things he had done, her daughter chose to believe in the fact that his path was written long ago. She bears no ill will for his decision.
- Her mother has been a part of the Doman Army against the Garleans taking over their home. With their defeat, her mother lost her life, and Mizuki could either stay and become a citizen of Garlemald’s Empire, or find a new life somewhere free. She prayed on this for suns while in hiding, but through her prayers and personal readings, she chose the path of the refugee and fled to Eorzea.
- Prior to leaving her home, she had heard tales of Eorzeans, and their abundant magicks and barbaric Primals. It intimidated her. Despite this, Mizuki traveled with a small caravan across the sea to Eorzea. After they were attacked over and over again by scared natives--even though they insisted that they were harmless--she chose to cover herself from head to toe with clothing. She lost several friends to ruthless slaughter, and her heart became torn with grief, wondering if she chose correctly. Again, she prayed, reaching out to the heavens to guide her.
- Once reaching Revenant’s Toll, her hope soared. Seeing so many of her kind showed her that she had chosen right. Immediately, she set to work, doing whatever she could to help. Eventually, a talented hyur alchemist named Dunstan Chaucer took her in. At first, she helped him with experiments, but her daydreaming and questions about near-to everything annoyed him, so she became a sort of errand girl and representative of his business.
- The gil she earned from Mister Chaucer was very little, so, in her free time, she used to take on leves offered around the Toll. The area is quite dangerous, so she wasn't able to do many of them, but she managed a small amount of money. Using this and her earnings from the alchemist, she funded her “healing room”, where she offers services of tarot readings, dream interpretation, astrology readings, and physical and mental healing to anyone free of charge. This is her true passion--and she will do whatever she can to maintain it.
- Unfortunately, unbeknownst to anyone, Mister Chaucer turned out to be plotting something truly heinous all throughout Mizuki's employment. After waiting for the opportune moment, Chaucer made his move after poisoning the Raen for nearly a full cycle. Though Chaucer had his reasons, Mizuki ended up nearly losing her life to a renegade Garlean scientist in exchange for Chaucer's wife. Mizuki was to be the bargaining chip, but the deal never played out. The 81st Foreign Levy was able to stop the kidnapping and experiments, and saved Mizuki from a fate worse than death.
- Though Mizuki still doesn't know all that was done to her, she was traumatized, and is, for the time being, a selective mute. With time, Mizuki will confront her fears, and hopefully conquer the memories and nightmares plaguing her waking and sleeping bells.
- Mizuki is very experienced with battle, but she is by no means a hardened warrior. She has trained with a sword and firearms, as well as her specialty in healing magicks. Up until coming to Eorzea, one of her tasks was to heal the wounded on and off the field when battling Garleans across their home in Othard.
- Her strengths lie mostly in healing, astrology, dream interpretations, and tarot and rune readings, but she can at least hold a sword and firearm, thanks to her mother’s Doman army training.
- Mizuki is much more confident at range than melee when fighting, so she only uses a sword if she must. Battle does not come natural to her, as it does for many other adventurers, so she uses and wears her charms and crystals to keep up her strength and courage. She has more faith in them than she does herself.
- If she had to choose, Mizuki would always rather be a mender than a fighter during an altercation. However, personal circumstances have lead to hard decisions. She chooses to only use her healing magic in cases of life and death. Ever since shortly after coming to Eorzea, using her curative magicks has been extremely draining. Her powers themselves seem amplified when cast, but if she uses them for too long, it can take days for her to recover from what seems to be an extreme case of fatigue. Too much expenditure can cause her to fall unconscious, resulting in a coma-like state until she wakes.
- Mizuki is an amateur botanist, so she is also proficient with herbs, stones, and other ways of healing than just magick. Unless the wound is critical, she will likely use more earthly methods first.
- As previously written, Mizuki's curative magicks are both a boon and a weakness. While powerful when cast on herself or another, using too much aether will leave her incapacitated for an unknown length of time, likely dependent on how much was used.
- Otherwise, Mizuki's form is rather fragile, especially due to lack of proper nutrition lately. Without her magicked barriers or shields up, the young Au Ra is quite susceptible to physical or magickal injury.
- A lack of confidence in her ability to fight should also count as a weak point, but now being on her own, Mizuki is doing her best not to let this stop her from succeeding.
Abilities and Skills
Curative and offensive magicks used both in and out of battle by Mizuki.
Abilities and styles of fortune-telling that Mizuki most frequently utilizes.
- ■ None Yet :(
- ■ She is not bothered by the cold and prefers it over very hot temperatures.
- ■ She was nobility in Doma, and she is sheltered to many aspects of living entirely on her own. Even so, she never thinks herself above anyone, and values every life equally.
- ■ She loves food, but rarely gets to eat actual meals, due to not affording ingredients. Her primary go-to’s are fruits and vegetables, raw and steamed. Meats are a rarity to her now.
- ■ Her healing techniques include magicks, crystal-healing, and herbalism.
- ■ She is deathly afraid of snakes, and considers them an ill omen.
- ■ The only parts of Eorzea she’s been through/to are Gyn Abania, The Black Shroud, and Revenant’s Toll.
- ■ She loves animals, and would love to have one for a pet, but she knows she could not care for it well right now.
- ■ She is always wearing jewelry or has multiple crystals/stones on her somewhere.
- ■ She is slowly learning about the Twelve Gods and Goddesses. She prays to Nymeia, the Spinner, out of all of them.
- ■ She believes heavily in Fate, but also recognizes that it can be challenged and overcome. To do this, one must be prepared for the Universe to fight back.
- ■ She does not see her services as a ‘duty’ so much as a responsibility. Her father once told her: “Those who cannot see must be lead.”
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!