- Chiyo had no memory of her real parents. Unlike many miqo'tes, she was not raised by a traditional tribal, but by a lone female amailj'aa named Jol. Jol raised Chiyo almost like any other mother would under the harsh conditions of the deserted, but was when the beast mother tried to protect the miqo'te from the Zanr'aks, she was slain. Fortunately, Chiyo was liberated by Immortal Flame soldiers and grew up in Ul-dah ever since. She had worked multiple and received training from the pugilist guild as well as the Flames, shaping her to be the person she is. She has quite the fondness of other females.
- Chiyo is a miqo'te of the Sun Seeker clan with amber eyes, standing at 5.6 ft with an athletic muscle tone. She has a dark skin complexion with natural strips on each side of her face. Her hair and tail is a natural red with yellow highlights on the side and at the end of her tail. She has a few scars on her body, specifically on her shoulder, back, thigh and more notably on her nose. She usually wears a bomb earring on her left ear.
Chiyo in a word, is a tomboy and has a strong sense of pride. Most of her personality and actions are far from feminine, either wearing a smirk or a scowl on her face. Because of this, she would sometimes come off as rude, often forgetting, or have no regard for her manners, especially on the table. She is a heavy eater and drinker who enjoys meat the most, and is prone to devour as much food as she could, as quickly as she could. She would often come off as witty or sarcastic and make light of the situation, even in dangerous situations. Despite this, Chiyo serves to be a good person and is otherwise, quite friendly as one gets to know her. She has a strong sense of justice and does what she can to make things right, even if it's misguided. She's well known for her loyalty to those she considers her ally or friend and especially her family, even going so far as to risk her live for them. Her loyalty (and bias) lies in the Immortal Flames as well even after being discharged, and although she does not admit it, she looks up to Rauban greatly. She is also a closet Posing Rangers fan.
Chiyo is notably a hard worker. Before being recruited in the Flames, she had multiple jobs in Ul'dah: a miner, debt collector, mover, security, janitor and at one point, a dancer. She takes pride in her hard work and dislikes laziness, but would sometimes overwork herself, resulting in passing out by the end of her shift or even during it. She is known to be very stubborn in getting things done. Chiyo especially takes her training seriously, exercising every day of the week and when giving the opportunity, take the extra mile. This also leads to her hurting herself and even having a near-death experience as she wrested a drake. Chiyo dislikes leaving duties unfinished and doesn't give up easily.
While generally easy-going, Chiyo can be easily angered, especially when her friends or family get hurt or insulted to a point of becoming vengeful. She would often get the urge to start fights, but would usually resist if she is in a public area. Chiyo's also quick to call people out based on their actions or ignorance, even if she's guilty of some of those things herself. She tends to let it go when it's directed at her however even though it would still sometimes bother her. Despite this, Chiyo serves to be the bigger person and does not hold grudges easily.
When in combat, sparing or otherwise, Chiyo is more serious, making note of her actions, progress and mistakes, but gains adrenaline from it, especially when it starts to get exciting, even if she's losing. She finds a slight thrill when she fights but would occasionally show a sadistic side, though not to a point of torturing her opponents. She prefers to fight opponents around her level or stronger.
Beneath her rough personality, Chiyo has a soft side. As stated previously, she cares about her friends and family deeply even if she often doesn't show or admit it. When faced with uncertainty, she'll express a great deal of worry or sadness. She also shows empathy to those less fortunate around her and carries grief knowing that she can't help or trust everyone.
Chiyo also has a flirtatious side and is somewhat of a pervert. She’s known to flirt with women she happens to like and on rare occasions, might even grope her friends. Since she was married however, she has made less advances to remain faithful to Aziza, even though it is an open marriage.
Chiyo was born under the Ebonclaws, an unusual miqo'te clan that doesn't follow the tribal norm. At a very young age, there was a serious mining accident in Thanalan that cause her to become separated from her family and was lost ever since. It wasn't until a female Amalj'aa of all things found her and raised her like her own, rather than offered her to the Lord of the Inferno like they were known for doing. The reason for this is unknown, but she would be raised and trained by her beastman mother for three years under some of the harsh conditions of the desert. When word got out that the lizard-woman was raising the miqo'te, her fellow beastmen turned on her and attempt to slay her and take the child for tempering. As luck would have it though, an Immortal Flame raid appeared to liberate those from the clutches of the Amalj'aa, and rescued Chiyo, but her mother was slain in the process.
Since then, Chiyo was sent to an orphanage where she would spend the rest of her childhood in. She disliked it. When word got out that she was raised by beastmen, her peers teased her, calling her names like beastgirl. Chiyo did not take to kindly to some of the other children as she was prone to start fights. Chiyo was also somewhat of a troublemaker, hanging out with the wrong crowd and was not above stealing if it was a last resort, resulting in getting into trouble with authority figures. Over time though, her sense of justice would begin to develop, a trait learned from Arala Makeo, one of her very few childhood friends. Chiyo had little in the way of education however as she would often skip her classes in favor of most pleasurable activities, though she would however eventually taught herself how to read, albeit barely. She would also join the pugilist guild at the age of 11 where most of her training comes from.
Chiyo had made a name for herself as a hard worker in her early teens and beyond, take multiple jobs at a time, though on rare occasions still committed minor crimes and even got arrested at one point for hi-jacking a chocobo when trying to catch a theft for stealing her lunch. Since then, she actively tries to clean up her act. Depend her run-ins with them in the past, she wishes to join the Immortal Flames and develops an idolize for them, especially for the Flame general Rauban.
For the longest time, Chiyo has never known her real family. It wasn’t under she had join Bastion of the XII where she reunited with the Ebonclaws after over 15 years of separation. She would discover her her three blood-related sisters including her eldest sister, Sabrith Ebonclaw and would develop a rivalry with her and later, her younger sister Yoshi. It was then that she quickly discovers that would have to pass a series of difficult trials in order to become fully accepted as a member of the Ebonclaw family. Despite her feelings about the idea, she accepted the challenge and would eventually pass, becoming a real Ebonclaw herself. It was also where she met and married Aziza Nightshade where she became the love of her life… until she suddenly disappeared for unknown reasons.
Chiyo at one point became the winner of the Grindstone fighting tourney but for reasons unknown, was focused to wear a maid's uniform throughout her fights. This earned her the nickname, "Maid of Battle," much to Chiyo's dismay which continues to haunt her, but otherwise holds her victory in high regard.
Chiyo has a hero persona named Posing Ranger Red, despite the real Ranger Red being a Roegadyn. She uses this persona to occasionally entertain the children at the orphanage, ironically the same orphanage she grew up in, though very few people know her true identity. She is in fact, embarrassed of this profession and chooses to keep it a secret from anyone, even going as far as to mask her voice (albeit, poorly) and poses as male. However, she does this for good intentions, making sure that the children's experience in the orphanage wasn't as bad as hers.
- Chiyo is a well-rounded fighter with emphasis on her strength. She excels in pugilism and often fights with horas, but is also quite skilled with an axe or knives, but rarely uses swords as in her own words, "they break easily." When it comes to combat, she is more serious and disciplined, taking her training into account. Additionally, she also can unlock charkas.
- Chiyo's fighting style varies, her base resembling that of kickboxing but is known to preform capoeira as well. In intoxicated, it becomes that of drunking-style, albeit, much more clumsy. In addition to her strength, Chiyo has speed to match as well though her agility is limited compared to that of a rouge. Chiyo technically wears light-armor for protection as appose to heavier armor so that her ability to outmaneuver her opponent would not be effected. Chiyo avoids magical combat whenever possible however.
- Her recklessness and pride can be self-destructive. Although she is willing to help others, she often refuses help from others, be it out of pride, trust, or self-burden. She favors her own strength, perhaps too much. This also cause her to over-work to a point where she tires herself. Although skilled in combat, she can sometimes be predictable. Chiyo is not the brightest either. While not dim-witting, she barely knows how to read and write. While capable of certain magicks, she does not understand them, nor has the strong desire or patience to learn them. She is especially sensitive to ice-attribute magicks.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
All credit goes to Bancroft Gairn for the templete!