Alyx Quintessence is a Soulkin Elezen in an Au Ra shell, Helping any and all she can with her vast knowledge and archive of books. Created as 'doll #401' under the witch named Xyla Quintessence, Alyx was the result of reviving the witch's dead daughter. Now freed from the crazed witch, Alyx lives her life with her sibilings Igni, Forta, Gaia and Wait and Rollo the kitten. Recently Her mother had returned in the form of a butterfly.
Appearance & Personality
- Alyx wears glasses on her face to help her read better and only takes them off for certain eye wear or to be taken seriously.
- Her red and black dress is her most recognizable attire. Giving her an elegant look. Mostly as casual wear.
- The black long gown is what she wears for colder climates or as an alternative when researching and reading.
- Combat attired is inspired by the Allag people of their time and her eye patch allows her to see Aether readings which she usually lacks without.
- A special Necklace hangs around her neck that contains a simple blue Materia gem that holds something more to it...
- While she may come off as neutral and Monotone, Alyx has slowly developed a personality akin to a curious and very careful type. Wanting to make sure nothing goes wrong and wishes to belong. But at times she overthinks and due to a lack of some emotions she might miss a few things. Sometimes her emotions come out...
After reading a journal, the history of this character is now exposed...
As recent information came to light, it was Quint's creator that started the mess. She lost Varthamith from those who were hunting them down and some time after...she had a child bore out of love.
As she was born, Alyx was far too weak and frail. She didn't take nutrients in and despite Xyla's best attempts, She ended up succumbing to death. Yet in her last hour, Xyla preserved her soul in a dormant Sprite Core. Vowing to create and give Alyx her second chance..
Even if she had to outsource through other means.
Created as the four hundred and first Doll, This Xyla was suppose to be an Eelzen but a complication arose with her weak spirit. Forcing the real Xyla to make an Au Ra shell instead since the scales and structure was more durable. Xyla only changed Quint's memories to give her a better chance at life when the void was taking hold of her. Yet it was Varthamith who abused the memory alteration to his own choices. Thus making him and Xyla look like the bad guys.
Months would pass and her first ever job was contracted by another Xyla under Varthamith's order. Poison some wine meant for a group close to Arala Makeo. She was reluctant as she hardly knew the woman despite sharing some memories like the rest. She eventually caved and did the deed...only failing since they found out before they could drink it.
After some time, Xyla slowly started to rebel after talking with a few people. As Lilith promised to help Xyla, she followed the word of Robert Colt and decided to finally join him. Her ties with Varthamith have been cut off since then and is now on her own. Living at the company house and promised to use her abilities when needed.
Now with the Augmentations attuned and the key to his tower figured out, she waits for Arala's word to assault. For when this all ends, she sees no other reason to keep living.
Sure enough their first encounter with her creator was just an example as her augmentations were taken and used to fuel her new dolls that she called 'Artificial Primals" when in turn they were just Elemental Constructs. After the Water Construct was defeated, the Water Augmentation was retrieved but it was depleted. Xyla desperately seeks a way to refuel and use this in time to open the gate to Varthamith's tower.
Once the augment of water was finally empowered, she created two new Augmentations to fill the missing elements. Ice and Lightning. While the Lightning Augmentation was helped by Leih'a, there came a moment when the Fire Augmentation Doll was spotted. Despite their best efforts to slay and end it before it got worse, the Augmentation didn't back down and instead sought to burn them. Without any choice, Xyla and the others had to shove the doll into the waterway in order to stop it for a time. The search sadly had to be put on halt after Cobalon, her odd carbuncle became frozen in fright after entering the water. For the time, the Fire Augmentation was left to roam...but it soon returned and after a successful group took it down, it gained it's second wind and nearly took Quint had it not been for one extra man and his Chocobo.
Cobalon believed there were more behind this than just Xyla and Varthamith...
From there, she headed to Limsa to find the Wind Augmentation that P'rita had been tracking for weeks, only to have it chained down and weakened upon combat. Before the last blow was made, the Elemental form of the Wind Augmented Doll spoke to them. Prompting Quint to feel an emotion she never felt...
A painful one.
She conversed with a few friends and made the choice to talk to the Earth Augmentation Doll before Arala can fight it. To try and convince it to join her. In the end they had to fight it but managed to save something inside.
With all Augmentations in hand she is ready to open the way... Many of Xyla and Varthamith's minions slowed their progress but soon enough they would find themselves just about to face him. Yet something does not sit right with Quint.
Why have they ignored harming her and Arala? Hopefully answers will come soon before it's too late. And yet it slowly came to her...Xyla needed them. It was more evidence during their last battle as Arala was the Augmentation letting her be immune to damage while she was taken into the Void form. Thankfully because of her artificial nature, Quint couldn't be fully consumed. With one shred of hope, she would alter and force Xyla's body from within to not respond to allow the others to strike her down. Freeing them. In Xyla's last moment, she told Quint and the others about the Blue Tomestone that Quint had. As if suggesting it was something she needed...and that was it.
Quint on that day cried her non-existent heart out for the first time. Crying for the mother she wished had not indulged on Void energy.
Conflicted with the outcome of this fight and the questions unanswered, she asked to be left alone for a while... ---
Finding the Truth
With much aid from her friends and companions, Quint had much to experience...but still she had unanswered questions. The word 'Soulkin' shed more light on it. Yet her apprentice named Xanadu noticed the odd aetherial shape of Xyla around Quint lately.
For answers, they returned to the tower of Varthamith, now named Quintessence Tower for answers. And nothing. Even searching Xyla's personal quarters give nothing. But there was one name she remembered...
She stayed in the tower for weeks until Quint had a lead. The old home in the Shroud. A small cave hidden in the bends of Snakemolt that use to be her home.
All that was left was a journal...protected by deals of various magic. She had to contact Stein in order to aid her...
And all of it became clear.
She was originally a Duskwight, hence the dark coloration unlike the other or dolls. The daughter of Xyla and named Alyx. Quint on that day felt so much.
Anger, pain, happiness, not, sorrow and despair. All at once.
Whether or not Xyla was a monster...she did what she could to give Alyx a second chance at life.
Perhaps someday...Quint will be able to have her heart working again.
Reunion (Final Arc)
Sometime after the Hydra Incident with her company and using a lot of herself to raise her allies to their feet from their unconscious state she ended up in the medical ward from expelling a lot of blood from her. An incident not yet recorded due to her oddity of not having blood. In her time recovering and regenerating, she heard her father's voice. Varthamith was seeking to come back and further wishes to torment the poor girl than he already has. Yet someone was there to help her think otherwise...A long standing member of the company who was damaged the most in the fight against the Hydra. Ah'Lakshia. A strange one who eventually she wanted to help out of her inevitability.
After her two week long rest, the longest in her life, The company got a weird deal to help cleanse a dig site of undead that were digging up a large pile of bones in the Highland snow. However the group would first encounter Varthamith and for Alyx the second time seeing him...only this time he felt more powerful and imposing. It brought the company to a standstill, letting him teleport the mass of bones with him somewhere else...and from there he started his fight. Four riders he forged with his magic and a corpse of his choice to bring his own wave of destruction across the land but also distract everyone from his true plan. Each rider an opposite of the four elements.
While one after the other they would fall with a lot of effort, the rider of Death (Corruption of Earth) took the most out of the company. The first encounter saw a local region being harassed and in tne end he escaped to the deeper dunes. When they would fight again, Ah'Lakshia's condition worsened. Mid battle Ah'Lakshai would use all that she had remaining to deliver the blow to the rider of death but in the process her life would be snuffed out. Alyx for the first time in her life felt a major loss...to see someone die trying to help everyone. She broke down in tears just as hard as Xanadu, yet being told to never use the stone hurt more. She honored her friend's wish and left her to rest...
Varthamith would show up to merely taunt the group, expecting Alyx to beg and cry...but no more. The day that Ah'Lakshai died was the day Alyx no longer felt fear. No more did she fear death nor her father. In her anger she lashed out only to be pushed back before he vanished.
One by one each rider fell and one by one they got closer to their goal of stopping Varthamith...yet it was all to bide time for his true goal, to reanimate the bones of a dragon for his own use. Even when cornered the Lich would use one of the five Philosopher's Stones in existence and with both might and magic together released all ten thousand souls held within!
The souls would then coalest and join together the broken bones along with Varthamith to reform and reshape the once dead corpse of a Dragon into his new body. A strong and powerful dragon made to kill and destroy.
The battle was fierce and long. Many struggled to stand but in the end and with the aid of a friend from beyond the grave, Varthamith would finally fall. And in his last moment of existence he would tell his daughter and the rest this:
"The end of existence is upon us...I've seen worlds vanish before my eyes...And neither you nor your warrior of light can do anything to stop it. Savor your time existing for in time you too will become nothing..." Whatever this warning meant it did not matter for now. Varthamith was finally vanquished and Alyx's friend put to rest, she seeks out the remaining Philosopher's Stones in hopes of keeping them safe and out of anyone's abusive hands.
But that is a tale for another time...
As time continued on, Alyx would find a student named Xanadu who would be her 'heir' to her spell work and understanding the Aetherial arts. She has much hope for her. The two finding some affection between each other after everything that has happened.
Alyx would then travel the land to reassemble her mother's fragmented soul to eventually bring her back as a butterfly. Though her mother is at her side, Alyx still yearns for her dream of being embraced by her mother and have a normal childhood. Though that will prove impossible by now...
She lives happily married to Xanadu and raising an adopted child named Suigin.
- Combat is the last thing Alyx wishes to do, but in her situation she uses her crystals to further her skills and even fuses elements to make whole new spells
She has six Augmentation Crystals intended to be her source of spell casting. Each one powered by their element.While she can cast most spells, the Aura Spells are a unique trait. With the recent introduction of a spell sword, Alyx is now more flexible in her spellcasting and Melee combat. There is a Seventh Augmentation Crystal yet that one has yet to be fully realized...
|Fire Augmentation||Enables Alyx to use Fire Attuned spells and passively enhance melee striking force.|
|Water Augmentation||Enables Alyx to use Water Attuned spells and increase the potency of healing spells.|
|Earth Augmentation||Enables Alyx to use Earth Attuned spells and reduce incoming damage to her companions.|
|Wind Augmentation||Enables Alyx to use Wind Attuned spells and hasten their actions and movement.|
|Lightning Augmentation||Enables Alyx to use Lightning Attuned spells and apply 'Dual Casting' or 'Double Attack' effects.|
|Ice Augmentation||Enables Alyx to use Ice Attuned spells and increase the potency of damaging spells.|
Future Sight: Using four of her Augmentation stones, Alyx is capable of opening a portal to see into the future for others to see. However the most she can open it is up to five minutes and it cannot predict incidents past six months in advance, Nor is it possible to see into the past for other choices. These visions are purely speculative and never one hundred percent right. They are more what if's to the choices. She is unable to see these visions as she must maintain the portal instead. Only those who stick their body part inside can see into the future for themselves and not others.
Another quirk deals with other people. In some cases, the people are black silhouettes while rarely will a real person show up in them. The conditions to meet such a feat have to rely on the person's relation and how well known they are to one another.
Medicinal Food: Alyx is a horrible cook. She can't really cook meals to save her life...except for food that are remedies for illness and other ailments people suffer from. The odd quirk of her to make wonderful medicinal food over normal food is put into question with her sense of taste. One of her main goals is to make a fabled curry that Cobalon spoke of. Said to cure many and if any illnesses within a host while tasting heavenly to boot.
Siphoning and Transferring Aether: A process taught by Cobalon. The ability to transfer Aether from one source to another requires a lot of concentration and one wrong move can be fatal to the person attempting or the host in question. Especially if done on living organisms. The Siphoning process is about extracting a certain attuned aether to an element of it's type. From the six elements, Aether can be individually plucked and gathered in one's hand. This usually requires a 'totem' for living organisms since there is no good method to take aether away without harming the subject.
The two acts can be compared to how a weaver mends and makes robes.
Aether Repair: Like a real doll, Alyx's body can be damage and severed anywhere below the head and still live...however in the event she does lose a limb or take heavy damage, an abundance of Aether is required to mend what is lost. Her body is of a normal flesh consistency but her interior work is akin to the system of blood veins on mortal. In place of that, it's aether. From there, absorbing aether from where her wound is will slowly repair that spot. The bigger and more potent the damage, the more she may need. If her body was destroyed completely but her head remained, it would take upwards of three days to make a new body out of just Aether alone. Thus it's best to have all her parts together to hasten her recovery if possible.
Elementium: Combining elements of all six Aether attuned crystals, Alyx would be able to create the Elementium spell type. Whether in bolt or otherwise, this element uses all Umbral and Astral spell types into one...however due to the unstable nature of this spell it is considered so situational that it's more than a last resort. It is the suicidal effort.
"Elementium feels as if you are forging a planet of power within your hands. Trying to balance all the elements in harmony. One day I can use it but...until then it is far too dangerous to use less I want to nearly rend my spirit." -Alyx Quintessence
Seventh Augmentation: Crimson Horn Currently not much is known about the odd phenomenon. Her first time using this ability happened after the fall of a friend to take out The Rider of Death under her father's command.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Alyx excels in magic much like her creator to an unthinkable level. With many spell combinations, she has the means to cast magic of all schools...
- Because of this, Her body is weak and frail and at times can show signs of use and tear from casting too many spells. While she is powerful, she can eventually break or kill herself from using the augmentations for too long or too often.
- Since understanding more about her limits and upgrading the Augmentations, Alyx has been able to cast more spells so long as they don't tap into her directly.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
RELATIONS ♥ Family ♥ Romantic Interest ● Neutral Standing ● Good Standing ● Poor Standing
- ♥ (♥ ?) Xanadu Hotgo - Her 'student' who may one day inherit a gift or two from Alyx. Though she has a normal lifespan, Alyx herself prays one day she can find a method to keep her around longer without resorting to horrible methods...
- ♥ Gaia Quintessence - A mortal Au Ra saved by Stein and given new life away from Xyla's touches. One of the younger sisters of Quint, Gaia is a cheery and optimistic girl with lot of hope and a strong will. Her old doll number was 405. Has a fond attachment to Stein as a father.
- ♥ Forta Quintessence - A sister of Alyx saved by Stein. (Doll 404)
- ♥ Igni Quintessence - A sister of Alyx saved by Stein. (Doll 403)
- ♥ Wati Quintessence - A sister of Alyx saved by Stein. (Doll 402)
- ♥ Stein Vespyn- An Elezen who seemed to take an interest in Quint and what she is. Recently she had been trying to call him 'Father'
- ♥ Xyla Quintessence- with new information, Xyla indeed loved her daughter enough to give her a second chance at life. Even if she became Xyla Prime. For that, Alyx only keeps the good of Xyla inside her as who she truly was. Also apparently...Xyla was at first a Duskwright. She one day hopes to meet her mother.
- ● Kukuna Kuna - A lalafel Mage whom over the time of the incident has gotten Alyx's interest. While to say that she may or may not learn anything is up for the future, but Quint almost sees a little of herself in Kuna.
- ● Edward Lazipu- A summoned Carbuncle that can speak thanks to her involvement. It is revealed that he was once called Edward and was not always a Carbuncle. A witch cursed his body before the Green Death could claim him. He currently seeks a way to return to his normal form. While he speaks with a proper and nature dialect, he is known to be quite the pervert at times. Xyla does keep him in line though.
- ● Arala Makeo- A woman her creator eagerly seeks on her side, but after much struggle, she has accepted Alyx as an ally. She is thankful for the chance to prove herself.
- ● P'rita Kali- A Doman ninja who has kept watch over Alyx to make sure she did nothing to be a threat.
- ● Chiyo Hoshi- A Miqo'te who got wrapped up into the mess. Shows signs of actual care towards her.
- ● Varthamith Von Netowa- An Elezen lich who was nothing more than a pawn to Xyla Prime.
- ● Xyla Prime- The creator of Doll 401. She was the reason all the trouble started but when it came to her and Quint, Xyla left all she use to be with Quint and hopefully have her carry on her good legacy and forget the past. She is dead now, but even her past actions still echo within Quint. For Quint knows that without Xyla, she would never of had life...that she was her true child in the end and one she was happy to realize even when it all ended.8
"The future before us is never set in stone. What choices we make can and will alter the path we head on. There are an infinite amount of possible outcomes, and yet even the simplest actions can completely alter your world. And while I can see into the future briefly...I cannot confirm nor deny if and when that vision is and can be true. For the future CAN be changed, WILL be changed and MUST be changed." - Alyx Quintessence
All credit goes to Bancroft Gairn for the templete!