- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Tastes
- 4 Personality
- 5 Abilities and Skills
- 6 Family and Relationships
- 7 Affiliations
- 8 Music Themes
- 9 Rumors
- 10 History
- 11 Order of the Compass
- 12 Memory Lost
- 13 Fugitive
- 14 Backstory According to the Slavers
- 15 Other Notes
S'imba is a young Miqo'te who's owned by a one of the more wealthy citizens of Ul'dah . He is forced to fight in the coliseum where he makes his owner a small fortune in gil each fight. Due to his young age and bitterness of becoming a slave he can be slightly aggressive. But he is a kind soul at heart and is willing to stand up for his friends and those unable to defend themselves. He's a little reckless and finds himself in trouble often. He won't back down from a challenge and is always up for a spar with basically anyone. He spends a lot of time at the quicksand at the behest of his owner to "Promote himself by being seen by the masses." He dreams of gaining his freedom and becoming an adventurer so he can have stories to tell.
Height:Tall for a Miqo'te though still spends a lot of time looking up.
Weight Athletic build
Particular Traits: Is branded with a mark on the side of his face and a number on his left shoulder blade. His left arm has several tattoos that have been given to him, one being the 'jolly roger' of the crew known as the Dreadshrykes, a sigil of Oschon, a small viper tribe marking, and an ancient sigil of Bahamut. The sigils both have magical properties to them. The Oschon sigil gives him a limited healing effect, while the Bahamut sigil burns and glows brightly when he's in proximity to anything that is saturated with the dreadwyrm's energies, particularly interesting anything Allagan tech that received it's power from the crystal tower or Dalmud.
Clothing Style: He usually where's a pair of trousers that is the only thing he has from his home that his mother made him on his sixteenth birthday. He has several brands on his body that is required to remain visible at all times. He has a collar made of darksteel permanently affixed around his neck as a symbol that he is nothing but property to another as punishment for trying to run away. As a pit fighter he wears minimal armor just enough to cover his throat and heart. As the spectators are there for blood not to watch two tin cans beat each other to pieces. After going into hiding he wears armor he stole out of a shipping crate. It turned out to be ninja garb on its way to a ninja that had recently completed their training. Despite it being custom fitted to the owner it fit S'imba almost perfectly. While it serves as a perfect disguise S'imba despises having to wear it constantly. It's hot and just causes the sweat to build up and make him feel gross and miserable. Which leads to him being fairly irritable constantly. He as acquired several sets of clothing, mostly just shorts, though he was given a rogues uniform after he joined their ranks, after becoming the leader of the order of the compass he has found the need to dress more appropriately, wearing chain mail and other heavy clothings, though several individuals do not like this change and use every opportunity to take his shirt.
- Letting people down.
- Being unable to help someone.
- Color: Unknown
- Food: Unknown
- Drinks: Unknown
- Scent: Unknown.
- Place: Unknown.
- Festival: Unknown.
- He's a bit of a spaz.
- He can't help but get into some sort of trouble...much to the dismay of his friends.
- Reckless He tends to run into battle without thinking about the odds or the consequences. This has led him to several sticky situations. Especially if one of his friends are in trouble he'll drop whatever he's doing to help them even if it is essentially suicide.
- Aggressive He has a hot streak in him. Faced with massive frustration in trying to gain his freedom doesn't help. His owner forces him to take drugs that increase this in him as well. He has no problem asserting his dominance over others.
- Addiction In order to control his slaves his owner forces drugs on them until they are dependent upon their usage. They also tend to cause or precipitate existing flaws. Such as aggression, paranoia, and the feeling of being invincible. Add to the fact that it increases strength and stamina makes it the drug of choice to force upon him. Without it S'imba is forced through massive withdrawal that causes severe and unbearable that try as he might forces him to return to his owner.
- Being forcibly experimented on again.
- Forced Cannibalism
- Resourceful Despite regularly getting in over his head. S'imba can quickly adapt and change tactics. He uses the making it up as you go method for most of his plans.
- Determination S'imba has a never give up attitude. If one of his friends is threatened he will give everything he has to help them. Even if he's hopelessly outnumbered with little chance of victory he will still refuse to back up or back down. It's how he was taught to fight in the ring so it's really the only way he knows.
Abilities and Skills
- Like all Miqo'te he has naturally heightened reflexes and cat like instincts. This serves him well in the ring as it gives it has ensured he has survived matches against opponents that should have killed him.
- Due to his owner using drugs that gives him enhanced abilities such as improved speed, strength, and agility. It also gives him a strange resilience to poisons and his ability to metabolize them. This also gives him the ability to metabolize alcohol at a rapid rate giving the impression that he can really hold his drink. Though these abilities come with a huge drawback the drugs are highly addictive and cause him to go through intolerable withdrawals that cause complete cramping of his body and cloud his mind so he can't even think straight. This effectively ensures he doesn't run away again and keeps him in Thanalan.
- Several months ago S'imba was informed that he had a so called 'gift' known as the echo. Though he doesn't agree with this statement all of the time. It was because of this 'gift' that he was chosen to be experimented on and turned into a weapon. Thanks to it he was able to survive the experiments without the corruption and mutation that was prevalent among the other subjects. It is why he has been able to survive this long without dying. Despite this fact, inside he feels more disappointment at the fact that the possibility that his accomplishments aren't due to his own strength but due to this 'gift'. He made progress in learning of what it was from his brother, Rhyder which they both came to find out that they had a connection with it. This connection made them both stronger when they were in close proximity with each other, they also were able to know where the other was even when separated by long distances. It let them both share their strengths with the other. Though after Rhyder was killed in a battle when he sacrificed himself to kill a mighty dragon, the connection was severed and left a feeling of a hole torn inside him. Though it has begun to heal itself and let him finally begin to recover. With all of these experiences behind him now he has finally started to accept the fact that he has it. Though he still is highly uncomfortable about sharing the fact that he has it with other people unless he really trusts them. The biggest reason behind this fear is due to people who knows he has it using him in order to take advantage of it for their own purposes. Several times in order to cause him to have a vision to learn some piece of information, he'd be taken to a location and placed under 'physical distress'. Though it was a traumatizing experience for him it was nothing compared to his friends starting to only see him as his 'gift' and not just S'imba, going so far as to give him the moniker echo-boy. Though after recent events people have finally given him space and no longer see him as a novelty to be taken advantage of.
- His primary fighting skills is knife fighting, his father originally trained him since he was old enough to use one. Though his father never intended him to actually use those skills in a combat scenario as he saw it as a way to build discipline. After he was sold into slavery and tossed into the pits he developed a flashy fighting style that would be effective and at the same time excite the crowds. His skill with knives earned him the name 'cutthroat' in the arena partially in reference to the fictitious background the slavers created for him.
- He is also is skilled in hand to hand fighting. He trained in the Pugilist's guild under Master Hammon the holy fist, he quickly mastered the skills until they set him to train on his own. Eventually after he joined the order of the compass, he would be trained by a pair of monks. Although their lessons seemed to differ in ideology S'imba still learned a tremendous amount of skill. While Zedd taught him the more aggressive skills, Shark focused on the more spiritual aspect of working to open his Chakras and focus his inner energy. This not only benefited the hand to hand skills but with the spiritual training it affected him on every level of his life.
- After several months of experimentaion on him by a dangerous and powerful summoner; who intended to turn S'imba into his ultimate weapon. S'imba was given several different elemental based magical abilities. These tend to be difficult to control and it is only because of his studies under a monk that he hasn't lost control of them altogether. It has caused other problems as well due to the fact that despite the summoner being defeated ther are plenty of others that wish to continue the project. As such several different organizations have placed high bounties on his head in an attempt to apprehend and use them for their own purposes.
Family and Relationships
All what is written here bears absolutely no OOC feelings, and may be subject to change as the story develops. If your name doesn't appear in this list, I have probably forgotten, or my character just doesn't remember you. Please do not use these information to affect you ICly or mess with my character's feelings. Use of OOC information will be flagged as god-moding and I will not react to it ICly if I feel this is what you're doing.
- Vash Ashford Adopted Brother Another of S'imba's friends that was the result of a bar fight. When he found out S'imba was a slave fighting in pit fights he took interest in S'imba and vowed to see him free of his chains. It wasn't until later that he told S'imba that he too used to be a slave who broke free of his own chains several years prior. Because of this S'imba is able to look up to him as an older brother who understands what S'imba is going through. If it wasn't for his persistent worry over S'imba he would more than likely lose himself for good. Vash has even gone so far as to convince S'imba to let him be taken back into bondage after S'imba told him how lonely and hopeless he felt whenever he had to be alone when he was chained and caged. Though S'imba still isn't comfortable with the idea of Vash doing this for him the very thought of it gives him hope that he won't be alone in all this much longer, although S'imba has procrastinated this because the thought of seeing Vash in chains after escaping once combined with how hopeless he feels about it even being possible to escape causes him to feel like he is asking to much of the man.
- Sven Volkorus Adopted Father The first time S'imba encountered this black mage he appeared to be a friendly, charming, and adventurous individual. However as S'imba looked into his eyes he could feel nothing but sheer terror of the man, despite this S'imba put it in the back of his mind even after witnessing his obsession with power as S'imba and Arvic stood beside him while Nanarou dueled another black mage. After S'imba joined the Order of the Compass he called for his help out of desperation when one of S'imba's friends was under the control of his owner by some form of mind control. Sven told him he was more than willing to help to free her from the power that controlled her provided he receive "payment" for the task. S'imba agreed desperate to help his friend during the process when he was breaking the curse S'imba witnessed the pleasure he took in the pain and suffering of others and couldn't help but wonder what kind of person Sven truly was. Afterwards he met with S'imba to discuss the payment which though seemingly insignificant S'imba would come to regret. A short time later S'imba met several other members of the Order where they told him about who Sven truly was and their conspiracy against him, in a panic S'imba revealed his debt to the others which resulted in Nanarou and Arvic (who was out of he loop of what was going on) kidnapping him. They took him back to the Orders headquarters where Nanarou was in the process of explaining what was going on when Sven arrived on scene. S'imba had no idea why but Sven was furious with him for betraying him. Nanarou left the room while Arvic stayed behind despite Nanarou's protests, he could only watch as Sven gathered aether into his hands before grabbing S'imba by the chest and torturing him as he burned a set of runes into it which would cause him to relive the experience anytime he did anything contrary to Sven's will. It was finally at this point that S'imba realized what his payment was and found himself a slave to a second master. Eventually Sven was defeated though the company decided to spare the mage's life. Eventually the mage was freed from prison and rehabilitated, though no one in the company trusted the mage. After a talking to him one evening S'imba realized that the man did have a genuine desire to change. After a long series of events Sven did slowly start to change, leading to a change of heart in which Sven started to actually care about S'imba. At one point they became mentally connected leading them both to experience events in each others lives that brought a new understanding for each other. Sven continued to improve until slowly he started to give a damn about people. Which very slowly cause Sven and S'imba to form a father and son type relationship. Which led to Sven naming S'imba heir to his family's legacy, intending to make S'imba the next to become the next in line of his family's legacy of black mages. Though Sven would eventually become a vassal to a dragon putting severe strain on this relationship, to the point that he felt Sven only saw S'imba useful as the echo-boy. Despite this when the time finally came S'imba joined in the battle against his dragon master that after a fierce battle that cost Rhyder his life, Sven lost the entirety of his memory. Forcing S'imba to step up as leader of the company only made harder by his father being unable to provide him any help in this task, let alone even recognize S'imba. Sven did eventually regain his memory and things were finally slowly getting back to normal, when one evening everything fell apart and Sven intending to leave forever went to Dravania and drank dragon's blood before he was hunted down and killed by K'ora. Though through some forbidden magic and the connection that S'imba and Sven shared led to Sven being brought back in the body of a female Au Ra. Despite this S'imba feels the man is now trapped in an eternal hell that there is no escape from, which has only caused the young Miqo'te to blame himself for the harsh words that had driven Sven off in the first place.
- Aaron Glacier While he had originally met Aaron through the pumpkin it wasn't until he found out that he had nearly killed another of S'imba's friends due to him being in possession of a cursed sword that had possessed him. One of S'imba's friends who was hunting a bounty on the man challenged him to a fight. The bounty hunter made S'imba promise to finish Aaron if he failed. As S'imba watched them fight it took everything he had not to jump in and do the job himself. His mindset reverting to his pit fighting instincts he took all his drug he had pushing him into a state of a crazed animal. His ability to even feel pain was completely blocked and his body was pushed to it's absolute limits. He rushed in right as Aaron was about to finish his friend. S'imba jumped in between the pair. Both blinded to everything except the seething loathing towards they clashed. The drugs allowed S'imba to fight on an even level as the incredibly powerful voidsent enhanced Hyur. Despite these enhancements it was still a difficult battle and nearly cost S'imba his life. Due to Aaron wielding the massive sword with one hand as if it weighed nothing. He struck at S'imba with heavy blows that the Miqo'te was barely able to parry. The only thing that kept S'imba alive was his speed and agility. With Aaron distracted it gave the other three mages a chance to stop them both. Despite them being incredibly skilled mages it took the combined efforts of Dev, Aerostein, and Dresden to over come the fighting pairs respective enhancements and put them to sleep. After this and they were returned to their proper state of mind they became much more civil with each other. After several other misadventures including a journey into a cave of pirates with crazy Fab S'imba has come to see Aaron as a friend though S'imba has taken to tormenting the man...going so far as to sick Towering Falcon on him.
- Aerostein Epitaph When S'imba was cursed Aerostein risked his own life to heal him. He is also another of Gus Pumpkinweed's model who S'imba sees as a rival. The man knows exactly how to get on S'imba's nerves and gets highly annoyed when he refers to him as a child. However he has healed S'imba on several other occasions led S'imba to tell him his history when Aero inquired about his past.
- Arvic Ryne Shared a drink with Arvic in the Quicksand one night while they were talking Nanarou jumped in between them both, which was coincidentally when he met her as well. Despite Nanarou belittling S'imba; Arvic became his friend. Arvic is one of the individuals who encourages S'imba to continue fighting for his freedom, and helped him by finding out what the ingredients were for the drugs that control S'imba.
- Charlotte Tiln S'imba met Charlotte after she rescued him from her brother Siegfried. While initially he didn't trust her when he found out who her family was after she helped him deal with the crushing feelings he was having about being torn away from his home, she quickly become someone he relies on for emotional support. Though he soon found out about how much she was dealing with herself he did everything he could to allow her to get rested from her troubles. He does harbor feelings for her but knows she doesn't reciprocate them.
- Kiht'a Zajhiri S'imba first met the Keeper in the quicksand and quickly became fast friends. He told S'imba about his unfortunate time with his tribe where he had been abused and sent on suicide missions. S'imba quickly felt that Khit'a had gone through far more suffering than himself and needed a brother to help him build up a proper family to support him. S'imba helped give him advice on black magic based on his own experiences with it. Though things really came to a head when Kiht'a told S'imba about a dream he had. S'imba applying "S'imba logic" figured it had to have been some divine premonition and that they had to investigate it. S'imba then went to Khit'a's tribe and posing as a couerlclaw slave he managed to get an audience with their leader. They told him a story of Kiht'a's past and his connection with the Garleans and that they wanted to use him to be experimented on but his mother ended up convincing them to take her instead. Later Kiht'a told S'imba that the Garleans had attacked him and the man he was courting. S'imba figured the best idea would be to go ask the tribe for further details, Kiht'a followed along as well and the two discovered that the Garleans had built an outpost on top of where Kiht'a's tribe had been. The pair ended up sneaking in, though they ended up setting off an alarm. They did their best to escape the way they came but ended up in some sort of laboratory, where to their horror they saw an army of Miqo'te in strange tubes that had been brutally ripped apart and had magitech grafted to them after being experimented on. The worst was when Kiht'a found his mother despite her barely resembling who she originally was. That was when the man behind the experiments showed himself. After a short battle that left S'imba with broken ribs after the man revealed that he had applied his own research to himself. With little other choice S'imba told the man about the experiments that had been preformed on himself going so far to exaggerate everything, trying to intimidate him into thinking he was facing some sort of primal in a mortal form. Though Grendt didn't believe him, he did take an interest in S'imba in wanting to know more about them. He informed the pair that it didn't matter who they were but they would soon refer to him as father. Kiht'a managed to teleport the pair out of there and back to Ul'dah. After getting him back to safety Kiht'a made sure to get S'imba healed. S'imba wanted to make plans to go back but Kiht'a wisely pointed out that S'imba had made himself a target and they would come for him now too. S'imba refused to believe this however and entered a state of denial. This led to him going back to the outpost and sneaking in alone. S'imba discovered Grendt testing out Kiht'a's mother. S'imba was discovered by her and tried to escape. However they set of the "Miqo'te whistle" that would let out a sound at a frequency similar to a dog whistle which would cause a Miqo'te excruciating agony. S'imba was quickly subdued and apprehended by Kiht'a's mother where he was then strapped to a wall and Grendt began his research. After torture S'imba was left with a helmet on him that would stimulate every trauma he had ever experienced at once. S'imba nearly broke at this point, but in a enormous turn of events Kiht'a had followed S'imba when he didn't answer the linkshell. The little keeper managed to cut the power and free S'imba from his bonds. Though Kiht'a's mother stepped into stop them. At this point S'imba was completely powerless, only dead weight on Kiht'a. Using his resourceful nature Kiht'a broke out a window and using his ninja abilities got the pair safely to the ground below. Kiht'a once again took S'imba home and helped nurse him back to health. Despite this S'imba still doesn't believe he is in any danger from the Garleans and that they still had their eyes set on Kiht'a.
- K'washi Amada A member of the Lynxfangs. Though their initial interactions were anything but friendly, with S'imba pulling a knife on him and K'washi greeting S'imba by calling him Chieftan of issues. (Which S'imba didn't catch due to K'washi writing it, so S'imba missed it entirely.) Despite this their relationship vastly improved after S'imba was captured and brutally tortured by the Ishgardians and the Elezen known as Charles Locke to the point that S'imba became so emotionally traumatized to the point he could no longer speak. Through a conversation that was mostly the pair simply miming K'washi was able to help S'imba learn how to express himself. S'imba also has a newfound respect for the seeker realizing the struggles he's had to learn to deal with.
- Leah Carsen S'imba met Leah through the Lynxfangs, the two would eventually become friends and develop an attraction for each other. He helped her research a void related intruder in her room, and was later attacked by a black robed mage. S'imba and K'washi were able to drive the mage off by giving him several wounds. S'imba took up a point of protecting her from the man planning to hide below his notice as some insignificant ragamuffin. Despite this she would attack again late one night and S'imba was able to break through his magic barrier thanks to his anti-magic daggers and give the mage an x-shaped scar on the man's chest which caused the mage to swear to kill S'imba. After Leah joined up with the Wandering Tonberries, S'imba fought alongside them when the mage showed up and attacked. Thanks to S'imba's daggers he was able to severely wound the mage who then declared he would be sure that S'imba would die in the most painful way possible. With this victory they were given a small break from the mage, though S'imba would later encounter another mage that was allied with the mage, who showed up to see the man who was able to cause so much injury to her ally. She left S'imba alone for the time but it was this revelation that caused S'imba great horror which lead to him and Leah seeking out a more effective way of fighting these beings.
- Mylene Wharf S'imba first met Mylene while he was recovering from being tortured by Siegfried Tiln. She helped patch him up and comfort him as well as helped him out on several other occasions. The two have become close friends despite the trials that seem to plague their friendship. She's another individual who is like a big sister to S'imba constantly worrying about his well being leading to S'imba to -try- and hide when he is in trouble out of concern of worrying her though she usually gets the truth out of him which leads to a prompt scolding for lying to her. In a recent trip to Coerthas in which S'imba had planned to kill a dragon he ran into Mylene, K'hoshi, and Raikimi who were on vacation. After S'imba's lie fell apart as to why he was their Mylene and K'hoshi followed him to the Stone Vigil not willing to let S'imba face a dragon alone. They found the dragon and despite all odds they managed to defeat the beast thanks to Mylene shooting one of the dragon's eyes out, K'hoshi's uncanny ability to keep the dragon's attention on himself, and a aetherically charged S'imba from Sven Volkorus experimenting on him. Though Mylene and K'hoshi were badly injured as they were returning to town a group of Elezen approached the group and arrested S'imba leaving the pair in the snow. After several days in the gaol S'imba managed to escape their custody however he has no idea what happened to the two and is desperately trying to contact her to find out her condition and to let her know that he is safe as he knows if she survived she would be worried sick.
- Nanarou Garnin Despite their rocky start in which S'imba was informed he was a "Mangy Cat" she always seemed to be around when he got into trouble. Eventually when S'imba was crushed by his emotions and was in the process of killing another Miqo'te she showed up just in time and snapped him out of it. After comforting him she started over by inviting him to join her free company "Order of the Compass" Which she told him was the very representation of being free. Since that was his dream he jumped on board and now she keeps an eye on him making sure he controls his temper and keeping him out of trouble, even though she has that annoying tendency to show up whenever he was ready to get into some kind of trouble. Recently however he ran into some other members of his company in the quicksand where they were talking about their leader Sven and the evil he actually represented. See tried to warn S'imba to leave and eventually ended up abducting him to protect him. Though after she took him to the house and Sven showed up to punish him for his betrayal she ran away. He has not seen her since but despite her actions S'imba still trusts her.
- Reina Dancer The first time S'imba met the woman it ended with him earning her hatred and an arrow through his thigh. After escaping prison he ran into her in a distraught state having just called things off with her fiancee. She was drunk and let him talk to her a little bit, due to having similar experiences that they both suffered through slavery she softened up towards him. Later events would occur which led to them being handcuffed together and lost in the shroud, which led to highly awkward situations, including him having to pee infront of him. She teased him endlessly by threatening to touch, eventually he panicked and tried to pull away and to both of their horror she ended up getting a handful of S'imba. After these awkward adventures they became friends causing both of them to start to have feelings towards each other. These feelings would continue to develop, though it took S'imba a long time to get over the fear that he might hurt her if he were to date her, eventually he could ignore his feelings any longer and decided to ask her to date him. She was thrilled at him finally coming out of his shell. She can see through the lies that S'imba tells himself, that he's perfectly fine, that he isn't bothered by his past. She manages to find these hurts that he's buried deep in himself and bring them out so he has to confront them head on. Despite her past returning and nearly costing S'imba his life he still continues to stand by her and love her. Their relationship developing to the point that there is no challenge that they wouldn't face in order to protect the other.
- R'elend Tia Another individual that started out as one of S'imba's enemies. S'imba met the Brass Blade around the time he was accused of being a scion causing S'imba to see him as a symbol of the hell he was placed in. S'imba would try and punch R'elend every chance he had as a way to vent his frustration. Though one night S'imba beat the Blade to death which despite the cheers of the people present at the quicksand jeering that R'elend got what he deserved, S'imba panicked and did whatever he could to keep the Blade alive, going so far as to preform mouth to mouth on the Seeker. By some miracle the Blade made it through the ordeal alive. Though their relationship didn't improve after that for a long time, S'imba would eventually discover that he an actual heart underneath a mountain of bitterness. He also discovered that it was thanks to R'elend that he was able to keep out of prison during the crisis. S'imba decided that R'elend needed someone to be nice to him, though S'imba still causes him trouble by calling him dad. R'elend also tries to help S'imba straighten up, though his methods are questionable. R'elend has an assistant that keeps trying to convince R'elend to help S'imba by making him some sort of pet. To S'imba's relief R'elend didn't decide to take that route.
- S'vett Tia S'imba met S'vett when S'imba was in the process of trying to kill Siegfried. At the behest of Mylene Wharf S'vett tried to stop S'imba while he was attacking Siegfried, despite being thrown off when he tried to tackle S'imba he jumped back into the fray pulling back on S'imba's collar until Nanarou showed up and snapped S'imba out of it. A few days later S'vett approached S'imba in the bar where they became friends after S'vett decided to help S'imba learn about where he comes from. Despite S'vett saying he's not a great warrior for his fear of big monsters, S'imba believes that he's got the "right stuff" and intends to fix that by putting him face to face with a Morbol though he doesn't know how S'vett feels about that.
- X'khai Tia S'imba once shared an ale with Khai who told S'imba about his vision of a tribe that brought together the outcasts of Seekers and Keepers who had no other family to go to. This vision came to pass when he invited S'imba to the founding meeting of the Lynxfang pride. By the end of the meeting S'imba found himself in a position of authority under grand chieftain K'hai as the council chief of the warrior. S'imba took the position very seriously making sure that all members were protected when they faced any of many various dangers. After a brief stay in prison S'imba got out to find that there were funny happenings going on in the pride. For one he had no idea where Khai was then one evening in the quicksand S'imba ran into an individual known as Sig (who was in actuality Khai.) The cloaked figure told S'imba that the council chief of the hunt Sae had murdered Khai and that he needed to die. The only flaw in this plan was that Sae had come to S'imba before and told him about a plot on his life. Due to this S'imba believed that this was somehow connected to the plot and decided he needed to find Sae and investigate further. However Sae has seemed to have disappeared as well and it is only been made more difficult with S'imba going into hiding himself.
- X'tai Tia Tai was only aquatinted with S'imba for a long while. That was until after Tai was in the same room together with a man by the name Sator. S'imba tactfully suggested that Tai and Sator "Go enjoy have a rousing session of coitus." Next time S'imba saw the pair they were a happy couple which made S'imba extremely happy. Though sometime after this Sator's brother Shade; who had been experimenting heavily on S'imba and was now under his complete control ordered S'imba to kill Sator and Tai. Though through the intervention of the powerful mage K'ora Tia they were able to stop S'imba's rampage without further casualties added to it. After this Tai had no trust towards S'imba at least until the pair went to rescue a young Miqo'te by the name of K'ovu. After this the two have seemingly rebuilt their friendship. Though due to Tai's scientific and inquisitive nature the temptation to resume Shade's research will always be there in the form of S'imba.
- Siegfried Tiln Siegfried was one of S'imba's friends and someone he looked up to. However after Siegfried received a tip that S'imba had information on his goals he drugged S'imba which after he woke up found himself tied up. Siegfried then proceeded to torture him for this information which he had no idea what he was talking about, after hours of pain at Siegfried's brutal torture he found himself ready to give up all hope when Charlotte Tiln jumped out and attacked Siegfried saving S'imba. Later he approached S'imba after which S'imba's anger taking control of him proceeded to beat him him with the intent of killing him. After injuring several bystanders attempting to stop him S'imba was finally snapped out of his rage by Nanarou Garnin.
- Charles Locke When S'imba first met the charming Elezen it didn't take him long to realize the sociopathic nature of the man. Partially because the Elezen kidnapped S'imba and tied him to a bed in the infirmary after he suspected S'imba had information he was curious about. S'imba earned his ire when he did the one thing that could actually get under the Elezen's skin by biting him. Despite his pleas to everyone else no one seemed to believe him about who Charles truly was. Though eventually others would come to see the truth about him, Charles had managed to bring great harm to the free company. Once he had been revealed as a monster to the rest of the company Charles fled and wasn't seen for a long time. He eventually showed his face again after S'imba kicked one of his lalafell slavers across a room. The slavers hired Charles to track S'imba down and return him to their custody, as well as punish him for his disobedience. Charles was easily able to find and apprehend S'imba as he was preparing to go to X'tai and Rhyder's eternal bonding. The Elezen took S'imba back to Ul'dah where after having him be tortured physically decided to subject the young seeker to psychological torture as well. Dragging in a pair of what was seen as useless slaves S'imba was forced to watch as Charles skinned them alive and then subjected S'imba to forced canabalism. It was this event that lead to S'imba being unable to even speak a single word for a long time, and blocking most of the ordeal from his mind. Once his friends found out about what had happened they finally hunted Charles down which ended up with Charles being losing his head, robbing S'imba of the opportunity to take revenge on the man who had made so much of his recent history a living hell.
- Samantha Goldsmith S'imba first met this woman when Tai introduced her as his mate. S'imba didn't approve of her dating his brother, especially after seeing how she tended to treat Tai. When she and Tai had a falling out she tried to ruin his life. Part of that was placing an enormous bounty on S'imba's head. The last time S'imba saw the woman he was in the alleys of Ul'dah talking with Gunnbjorn when the two suddenly found themselves surrounded by bounty hunters. She stepped out from behind the group and ordered the hunters to kill Gunn and wound S'imba before then deliver him to her estate. Fortunately S'imba and Gunn were able to defend themselves and talk their way out of the situation. Even if the leader of the group warned S'imba not to leave Ul'dah or else he'd Holmgang S'imba's ass and stuff him in a box. Despite this S'imba has not encountered the woman since then, though he always fears that someone will come for that bounty and he'll end up at her estate for who knows what purpose.
- Order of the Compass S'imba first joined the Order after he beat a Miqo'te that had once tortured him based on false information in the quicksand. After the fight had ended he was taken to safety by one of the leaders of the company, Nanarou Garnin. He was told that it was a place that fought for the freedom of all people; and rather than force the members to conform to a certain image that the leaders would act as a guide to point the members in the correct direction. Though the company brought him many trials, the company nearly falling apart several times. Though S'imba stuck with it even when the company was on the verge of falling apart. Such as the leaders and founders of the company, known as the wardens, being disbanded; and the company founder, Sven Volkorus taking the helm. Though the troubles didn't end there, the company fought danger after danger. Eventually one of the original founders, the one who recruited S'imba in the first place was arrested on the charge of forgery. His perseverance with the company paid off as the members stood by his side even when he was tossed in with a group that was charged as murderers. By this point he'd risen from being just a boot to one of the company's most prominent members. Then his greatest trial in the company would strike him. When he joined with Sven and Tai to go fight the dragon that had enslaved Sven. Though they gave it everything they had the dragon proved far to powerful. That's when one of his closest brothers showed up and sacrificed himself to kill the dragon once and for all, it left Sven without any memories left. With one brother dead, his father figure unable to even recognize him let alone run the company, and his other brother Tai thrown into the depths of despair by the loss of his husband. S'imba had to bury his own pain as deeply as he could and numb himself to it, and take up running the company himself. He was met with endless challenges, which he continues to face, he finally is starting to become more comfortable with leading the Order. He now seeks to return it to it's roots and be a place to point and give direction to those who are lost but want to make something more of themselves.
- Rogues' Guild After escaping from prison in Ul'dah, S'imba almost immediately found himself shanghaied by a group of pirates known as the Dreadshrykes. He earned his place among them after the ship was lead to Shagain territory by a tempered steersman, where the entire crew was either killed or captured by the fishmen S'imba was able to break free as the ritual for summoning Leviathan had begun. Managing to get ahold of his daggers he set the remaining crew free, who then fled back to their ship. S'imba meanwhile hunted down the traitorous steersman, ending his life so that he could no longer lead sailors to be tempered by the Lord of the Whorl. The crew had just started to ship off as S'imba ran out the fishmen's lair, fortunately they tossed S'imba a rope and he was able to escape with them. After that they treated him as one of their own, though this was hardly the end of his trials among them. Soon they ended up raiding a ship which turned out to be another pirate ship. Though the raid was completely successful before he could make his escape he was seized by several keepers of the moon. He then watched as his crew sailed off. It didn't take him long to realize the keeper pirates saw all males as slaves and quickly put him to work with repairing the damages made to the ship. His efforts to convince the other males to mutiny were highly unsuccessful the only response he would be given was. "You're a slave deal with it." Eventually the keepers hunted down the Dreadshrykes the captain of the ship offering S'imba the chance to fire the first cannon at them. When he refused he was promptly tied to the mast to be forced to watch his crew die. The Dreadshrykes' ship would suddenly turn to crash into the keeper ship and it was quickly revealed the Dreadshrykes had abandoned it into their lifeboats and swarmed the keeper ship. Fortunately this time they took the time to rescue S'imba. After he was cut off he decided to make a point to the keepers by burning their sails up defiantly saying he was no ones slave anymore. Causing the captain of the keepers to swear that they would eventually show him otherwise. S'imba escaped into the lifeboats and eventually they washed up in Aleport right into the waiting hands of the Yellowjakets who promptly arrested the entire crew. As they sat in the holding cell awaiting to be sent to a proper prison the yellowjackets drug a very tied up Miqo'te charged with thievery. As soon as they opened the cell S'imba used his ability to manipulate the water and wash the yellowjackets off their feet. Though the rest of the crew predictably just fled, S'imba stayed behind to cut the Miqo'te free. As S'imba was preparing to run as well the other seeker took him with him convincing him to forsake the pirates. Since S'imba didn't have a hiding whole the seeker offered to take S'imba back to the rogues' guild to hide out until the heat was off. The rogues quickly accepted S'imba among their ranks after he proved to them that he was willing to uphold and enforce the code. Now he works for them often both for gil and the perk of having good connections when he needs some sort of information or object.
- Scions of the Seventh Dawn Until a few months ago S'imba had only heard of the members of this organization most often in a highly negative light. Hearing constantly of their incompetence and that they used their members for nothing more than primal fodder. His first real encounter however was when Rhyder approached him about a 'gift' he supposedly had. He invited him a chance to join their number and told him the opportunities that he could receive as a Scion, such as real freedom and a proper education. Despite this temptation thanks to the constant negativity he was subject to he reached a point of indecision. He finally told Rhyder he would think about it and that he would like to shadow Rhyder and learn about what exactly it was he did. That way if it turned out it wasn't for him he wouldn't feel obligated to stick with them. Though his indecision would ultimately backfire on him, as Rhyder went ahead and made him an official member. This miscommunication ripped S'imba's life apart. One evening he was sitting at home relaxing having worked to stay out of trouble for once. Then the door suddenly burst open and a cloaked figure rushed in and downstairs. S'imba and the other members of the company followed the figure weapons drawn, though the figure soon revealed himself as Rhyder who then told a story that he had been working in the kitchens during an important banquet when he had to flee due to the Scions being charged with traitors and Garlean agents. Telling them that all the Scions were now wanted they were telling them he could hide out at the free company house. That was when Rhyder delivered the news that tore S'imba's entire life apart. The Blades had a list of all members of the Scions and S'imba's name was on that list. Which meant that the Blades would soon arrive at the house intending to arrest S'imba, which meant that hiding at the free company wouldn't be an option for a while. Rhyder informed him that he was going to use his Ishgardian heritage to hide in Ishgard, S'imba replied he didn't want to leave everything behind to go live in the freezing cold. Rhyder informed him he wouldn't be able to come as well, he instead gave S'imba orders to come back and live as a shadow in Ul'dah and work to gain support in secret as well as try and find out more details of the events that had transpired there. He made S'imba promise that he would do this which was promptly followed by the sound of pounding on the door. Quickly the plan was made the pair would escape by teleportation to Coerthas. Sven and Tai made there way upstairs to delay the Blades and buy S'imba and Rhyder time to teleport. They managed to escape, though S'imba quickly regretted the fact he didn't have time to get any supplies or any warm clothing, which meant he arrived in Coerthas in the middle of a severe blizzard. S'imba followed Rhyder to the steps of faith where he was forced to watch the man make his way down the bridge watching him until he vanished leaving S'imba with a feeling of being completely alone. With great difficulty stomping through thigh high snow, and fighting a chilling wind. Nearly freezing to death he made his way to Sven's old research lab where he was able to take shelter from the cold and find some food and supplies. He then spent the longest sleepless night he had ever faced, fear and loneliness consuming him. He spent the entire night crying fearful of the overwhelming feeling of the situation. The next day he disguised himself and took on several aliases moving from Raven then Blade and finally Maverick. It was at this point S'imba decided to embrace being a Scion. Though despite the fact that he had many willing to help him with his task he found very little success. He was faced with close call after close call which eventually led to his arrest. He spent a month in prison before his friends were finally able to bust him out and he fled to La Nosca to hide. Eventually Rhyder would sacrifice himself in order to kill a mighty dragon the company had faced. This led to S'imba losing his only contact with the Scions. After this S'imba felt too intimidated to seek out any other Scions. Partially due to the fact he is afraid that they will blame him for Rhyder's death, even though he feels it's highly unlikely anyone in the organization would even know who he is. Since then he feels he is no longer a Scion though deep down he feels he has missed his chance to truly achieve his dreams.
Note: Vocal Songs are attributed themes in which the lyrics seem to relate or partially relate to the character. They don't mean to resemble the character's voice. The instrumental themes are meant to give an idea of the atmosphere around the character. Songs with character names (example: "Tidus's Theme") are NOT meant to indicate that the character is like the theme owner. I just find the instruments and melody fitting, not the character the song was originally addressed to.
Note: This section is editable by anyone. Just keep in mind that the rumors here may be both true or false.
- "Is villing to do anything to protect people he cares for, even vhen can go no further. Can respect that." - Alexei Volkov
- "A good kid, but I truly wonder why he still lives under someone else's rule. Mayhap, he can break free one day." - Aerostein Epitaph
- "S'imba? ....I-Is he in trouble again?! ....O' Warden, If only I could keep my eyes on him all the time.." - Mylene Wharf
- "He hangs around all the time, and sure loves his ale. And can take the Qiqirn Firewater like no one else! He never seems quite all there, though, you know?" - Aya Foxheart
- "I swear this Cat is injured every time I see him. How is he not a walking bruise at this point?" - Coatleque Crofte
- "We both been through some hard lives with violence, maybe that's the reason we're still friends even after that battle in Gridania. I think sometimes however I'm more brotherly to him than Vash." - Aaron Glacier
- "I think he just really hates shirts. Maybe he's allergic to cotton." - Natalie Mcbeef
- "Pretty sure he's done some beastmen a few favors by... 'licking' their aetherytes. I don't even know." - Oscare Iono
- "Got into a bit of trouble with us once. It's fine. I remember getting into quite a bit of trouble myself." - Berrod Armstrong
- "He may be small and fight near naked; but he fights like a cornered honey badger." Tiorq Ghoti
- "I overheard that he has a bounty on his head. Looks like some real dangerous people are on the hunt. Were I a bit more confident in the field, I'd be lunging at the opportunity as well." - Atoli Taira
- "S'imba's a good guy. He really goes out of his way to help people. He's the reason I'm probably still alive." - K'washi Amada
- "H-He has been through a-a lot... b-been through many ordeals... b-but in the end, h-he is still a great man..." - Leah Carsen
Name and Lifestyle
Simba is the Swahili word for Lion.
- The Cat who plays with fire - Matahina Umigame
- Alpha Male - Gus Pumpkinweed
- Ul'dah's resident slave boy - Wolf Jaeger
- S'imba the wonder dumbass - Sorcha Byron
- Scrapper S'amh Windchaser Y'kett Akariah
- Raven - Allias
Before Dalamud's Fall
Birth and childhood (0-10)
S'imba was born in the Sagoli Desert, as an infant he was strong and full of life bringing great pride to his parents. One day however a Nomadic Tia entered his tribes territory and challenged the Nuhn to combat. The aggressive Tia killed the Nuhn in combat and took complete control of the Tribe, his first order of business was to kill all the previous Nuhn's young that had been recently born in order to make the females fertile and receptive to him. S'imba's mother unable to let her child be killed ran from the tribe, as she ran for her life because she knew that her life was now forfeit. She came upon a Hyur from La Nosca who was an adventurer and was seeing the world one last time before he retired with his wife and son. Not having any other choice because she begged the adventurer to take her son and raise him as his own. The Hyur was reluctant at first but upon thinking of his own son and moved by the woman's pleas took S'imba. After telling the Hyur his son's name she ran away hoping to draw any attention away from the Hyur who was now in possession of her son.
The Hyur then took S'imba back to his newly built home in La Nosca away from any civilization as he did not want his family to be faced with the troubles the rest of the world brought. He raised S'imba as his own child along with his other son happy to enjoy his retirement to a much more simple life.
As he grew S'imba never had any idea of him being adopted. In fact all he believed that though he was born looking a little different from his brother, he thought he was a Hyur just like the rest of his family. Due to his heritage and natural abilities that being a Miqo'te brought he was a natural at hunting and the other skills needed to live away from any type of city, he begin to outshine his brother and unfortunately due to his fathers heritage as a great warrior seemed to give slightly more affection towards S'imba than his real son. Slowly his brothers Jealousy began to grow.
After Dalamud's Fall
A Realm Reborn (Present,)
When S'imba turned sixteen his bother had finally had enough he left the house one night intent on running away to find the lands his father had spoken about and had sometimes visited to buy supplies for their home. As he had never left home before he just wandered until he found a small town. It was a pirate town full of cutthroats and other lowlives. While he was here he discovered that S'imba was not a Hyur he was a separate race and based on the drunkenness of the sailors was a member of a savage race. While he was there he learned of money and what it could get you in life. One evening he saw some slavers dealing Miqo'te and overheard how much they were worth on the market. He walked over curious as the maliciousness grew even more in his heart, and made a deal with them that night and formed the plot in his mind.
The next day he returned home on his way he was faced by a wild coural and was nearly killed by it had S'imba not found him just in time to rescue him. As they walked back to their house they talked and S'imba asked him where he had gone. His brother told him part of the truth and that he had visited some of the places their father talked about, though he expressed his worry about what their father was going to do to him when they returned to him. They both couldn't help but feel their great love for each other at that moment. When they got home and his brother was asked where he had gone to S'imba jumped in and said that he had gotten lost and that he had saved him from a courel. At this moment his brother nearly changed his mind about his plans until his father praised S'imba for his skill and bravery and condemned his true son for his recklessness and cowardess. He went to his room and completed his plan.
A few weeks later he went and found S'imba and told him that their father was finally letting them go to town and that they were to take one of their chocobo's to sell. With great excitement S'imba chased after him and they were on their way to town. When they finally arrived there was so much to take in the smells the life everything. They stopped to eat for lunch as his brother thought it was fit that they should share one last meal together. After a delicious meal in the tropical sun and much laughter they went down to the docks where they were supposed to meet the buyers of the chocobo. When they arrived the buyers smiled and said a "fine beast may we examine him further?" his brother motioned to S'imba and he walked the chocobo over to them. When he held out the reins of the bird he was surprised when a few of the men grabbed him and started examining him ripping off his shirt and stripping him down to his small clothes they examined him carefully looking for any defects they could find. S'imba struggled as best he could as the stronger men placed him in chains and the leader laughs out "A fine specimen, never seen one like him." he said as he threw a large sack of gil to his brother. Catching the bag he met S'imba's eyes as they drug him onto the ship and said to him "I'm sorry brother..." he said before turning around and heading away.
After they had secured their cargo S'imba felt rocking of the ship and was crushed by the feelings of what had just happened and cried the entire time he was on the ship. Finally the light to the hatch was opened and he was drug out into the hot desert sun. After a long day of travel he was brought to a camp and was re-examined and appraised afterwards they branded a number into his back and wrote up several pages of paperwork to document him. Next he was rushed off to the markets where potential buyers gave him the same rough examination over and over for what felt like days. Finally someone bought him for a hefty amount and he was soon off with them. For about a month S'imba worked for this guy before he tried to run away. He escaped his master ans found a group of adventurers to join up with who were willing to take him to Gridania. When the man who owned the slave market and had sold S'imba found out about it and having to make good on his guarantee spared no expense in having him tracked down and brought back to him.
Runaway S'imba looked to the other adventurers he had just crossed high bridge. The first one was a Highlander and a sultansworn. He wasn't a part of the group he had joined because he had over heard the talk of the rest of the group and sworn to see S'imba free. The next member was a Midlander Black Mage she was well versed in magic and had explored the deeper depths of the void. Next was the Keeper White mage though she was new to healing she was rather adapt at the healing magics. Finally the Roe monk he had taken to teaching S'imba to fight so he could defend himself if needed. Despite S'imba saying he never wanted to kill anyone. "Never forget that." The monk would say. "The time may come when you have no choice but to defend yourself and take a life. That thought will be what will keep you who you are." S'imba would nod not knowing what the monk fully meant. Shortly after they crossed the bridge and were on the final stretch to the shroud they came upon a Roe in a suit standing in the middle of the road with a dark smile on his face. The Sultansworn nodded to him but as he tried to pass the Roe blocked his path staring at S'imba. "Why do you block our path?" The paladin would ask. "What is it you want?" The Roe simply pointed at S'imba, the paladin would then draw his sword the Roe would reach forth and snap the Highlander's neck. Immediately the monk would jump forth striking the Roe with everything he had. The Roe would not even flinch however and without ever losing his smile punched him in the stomach then brought an elbow down on his neck. Next he went for the Keeper all he would do to her is throw her against a nearby rock where she would lay dead. Finally all that was left between S'imba and the Roe was the black mage despite her unloading her fire on him he just keep walking and placing his hands on her head crushed the life out of her. At last turning his head on S'imba who had been watching in horror tried to run away but the Roe was faster. He caught S'imba he fought back with everything he had but was just as ineffective as everyone else's. Grabbing hold of S'imba he lashed his hands together in front with rope and peaveing plenty of tail on it so he could pull him along. "Come" he would finally saysay giving a firm tug on the rope dragging S'imba forward and onto his stomach started dragging him along. Quickly scrambling to his feet he followed along tears in his eyes feeling guilt over the loss over his new friends as the Roe drug him back to Ul'dah at a rapid pace never giving S'imba a chance to rest.
Thrown into the ring and marked forever After being drug back to Ul'dah S'imba was brought before a man whose face was hidden by the shadows. "Hello S'imba." He would say. "You've been a very bad boy, as the Eorzea's premier supplier of slaves you've placed a black mark on my business. You've caused my number one customer think that I sold him a defective animal. As such I had to refund his money which means you belong to me and I will see you properly broken. Take him to proccessing." With that S'imba was drug down into a dungeon where they chained his arms above his head. He was then approached by a sadistic looking Elezen. "Ah this one is a fiery one seems he's headed to the pits then." He said before addressing S'imba directly. "Disgusting animal you are here because of your disobedience and lack of understanding of your station. As such you will no longer be considered a person you no longer have the rights and privileges afforded to a person. You can never be set free and must always be owned." He said grabbing a brand from a the forge which he then pressed against the side of his face. "This marks you for what you truly are a beast that must be subjugated to mankind." He then measured S'imba's neck and set to work forging a collar muttering incantations while he worked. After it was completed he placed it around his neck and riveted on so that S'imba would never be able to remove it. "If you ever try and remove this it will kill you. Now take him to his room. With that he was taken into a lonely room which had several empty cages. L"Make yourself at home." Said one of the men who were dragging him." As the other went and opened a cage, which they threw him into and quickly chained him to it as well. "Get your rest you'll need it." S'imba felt completely alone and hopeless and several days later he was taken out and thrown into a ring in front of an enormous crowd. On the other side a gladiator came at him with a sword raised. Using his simple training he was quick enough to dodge the gladiator grab his sword and tear it from his hands and thrust it through his heart. The crowd roared both cheering and booing him. He was quickly hauled off again and brought before his new master. "Your going to make me quite a bit of money." He said with an evil smile. "Turn him into a killer!!" With that he was taken back to his cage where they administered drugs and forced him to gain a addiction to them. During this time he would also be taken out and brutally trained for days. They would push him until he collapsed then beat him until he continued. Until he was ready for his next fight.
The drugs he was given both control him and enhance his abilities, his past now a memory and knowing only the ring, the pressures of his situation are starting to get to him. Despite this he has made friends who all want to help him out of his situation.
Order of the Compass
One night at the quicksand S'imba was hanging out in his spot on the floor when a female Lalafell approached him and started to harass him about being a "cat-boy" who was only out looking to breed. When S'imba asked why she hated Miqo'te she responded with "There are too many of ye." After a few minutes of this she ran off to speak to a Sultansworn. At this point S'imba went over to the bar where he met Arvic. While they were sharing stories the Lalafell returned to terrorize S'imba some more and she mounted herself on the stool between the pair. While she continued to rip S'imba a new one her mentor showed up and sat at the other side of him where they both properly introduced themselves as black mages, the Hyur was named Sven Voulkas and the Lalafell was Nanarou Garnin. After Arvic and S'imba spoke with them for a while until they all needed to leave for one reason or another.
S'imba ran in Nanarou several times after that usually while he was in the middle of some scene scene or another which she never failed to take a detour of whatever she may be doing at the time to go tell him what she thought of him. Eventually he ran into her arguing with another black mage which ended up with him following them out of the city so they could duel. S'imba watched the duel alongside Arvic and Sven as the pair showed off their great display of power which led to Nanarou summoning meteor. While S'imba looked on in awe at the fight he couldn't help but notice that there was something off about Sven and what appeared to be bloodlust in his eye.
Sometime later the night that Siegfried returned to see S'imba after he had tortured him. S'imba noticed Nanarou in the bar already filled with absolute hatred of the man in front of him seeing her and knowing that he was about to receive more of her abuse pushed him over the edge he didn't notice her leave but during his absence he completely lost it and started beating the hell out of Siegfried. During the fight when he had just about killed him she returned and yelled out to him as her voice was the only one in the crowd he recognized she was the one that was finally able to snap him out of it. She led him out of the bar before the rest of the patrons noticed he was gone and she took him to a secluded area where she told him they needed a fresh start. She told him that she had been watching over him intervening whenever he was about to get into trouble and had regretted leaving when she had seen how agitated he had been around Siegfried. It was at this point she invited him to join the order of the compass so she could keep an eye on him and help him keep his temper under control. He couldn't resist especially about how much of her recruitment speech involved that their company stood for freedom so he naturally joined right up.
Immediately after joining he was introduced to Shark a monk who would come to keep a close eye on S'imba. At this point S'imba didn't know any of the other members of the order and he didn't really want to get in their way. So he kinda just kept his head down he'd see Arvic and Nana on several occasions with Arvic getting him out of some trouble with some Brass Blades after they had arrested him and were beating him. Afterwards after Arvic released S'imba from the chains the blades had placed on him he called for a healer. Shark came and had brought Sorcha, a talented and highly skilled white mage, with him. After Sorcha healed S'imba he thanked her little did she know the headache and worry he would cause her in the order. The next day a friend of S'imba came to see him having heard of the previous days events. S'imba quickly realized she had been possessed and not knowing any other mages contacted Sven. This would be one of the biggest mistakes S'imba would ever make. Sven told S'imba he would help him and they could discuss payment afterwards desperate S'imba agreed to his terms. The pair ended up taking the girl to the Sultan tree where Sven proceeded to invoke his black magic releasing her from the magic that controlled her. Immediately afterwards they were attacked by a legion of blades in which Sven wasted no time in dropping a meteor on. The entire time S'imba couldn't help but notice there seemed to be a madness that existed inside him. Afterwards Sven told S'imba what he expected in payment which in reality was S'imba pledging his servitude to the man...
The true colors of Sven Voulkus Some time later S'imba was at the bar in the quicksand he found a seat in the crowded bar when the three strangers next to him recognized him as a member of the order. The were Xaxareaux Garnin (Nanarou's younger brother), Zedd Magee, and Gunnjborn Darkblade. They welcomed him as the newest recruit and bought a round for him. As they spoke the conversation turned dark they wanted to get S'imba in on a project. Suddenly S'imba heard Nanarou speaking in his mind to leave at once that the people he was talking to would only bring him trouble. Despite the warning S'imba continued to listen. They spoke about how Sven was actually a unstable psychotic madman who wanted to burn the world to nothing so that it could be reborn properly. They were conspiring to kill the man, S'imba was sucked into this whole scheme after he told them that he owed Sven and as Nanarou spoke to his mind and the group talked about how dangerous Sven really was he began to panic. Nanarou who had actually been spying on them cast a sleep spell on S'imba to shut him up. The trio thinking he had passed out from hyperventilation decided to take him somewhere quieter when Zedd said "Are we kidnapping him?" to which Gunn responded "Yep" as they hauled S'imba out of the bar and into the ally behind the quicksand. To be continued....
Waking up in a free company bed after Shark and Arvic had taken the amulet. He had no idea where he was or for that matter who he was. He stood up to try and find some answers and heard a voice calling to him. It was Pup, S'imba had no idea who he was. This of course made the blind lalafell angry with S'imba at first but that was soon replaced by tears as his buddy now had no idea who he was. About this time Shark arrived and explained everything to Pup who began venting on Shark for the whole incident. This was until S'imba had made his way to the door when Pup yelled at him."Where do you think your going?" Shocked S'imba replied. "I just wanted to go have a look around." Pup devastated not knowing how to respond to such an innocent request suddenly had his anger subside and said "Alright I'll show you around." Luckily Pup had bumped around enough that he knew the area pretty good and was able to show S'imba around fairly easy. Unfortunately for S'imba, Pup had some unexpected business come up that needed to be taken care of. With no other choice he left him at the quicksand so Momodi could keep an eye on him until Pup got back. S'imba was there for several hours he met new friends as well as old friends most of which were more than happy to help him. As far as the situation went it was a fairly good day if one didn't count the amnesia. That was until he found out he was supposed to fight a Roe known as the Butcher of Mor Dohna. He decided there was some sort of mistake and that he would talk to Pup about it later. Finally later in the evening Pup returned for him and took him back to the house. When they had arrived S'imba recounted the days events. Pup smiled the entire time that was until S'imba came to what he heard about having to fight the Roe. Despite Pup telling him he was a slave and that he was seen as little more than an animal S'imba hadn't really grasped the concept. "I'm not going to fight him, they can't make me it's my choice." S'imba would say to Pup. "S'imba from what I understand what you've told me you don't." Pup would be forced to reply to him. "But I'm a person they should listen to me if I explain it to them they'll understand that I don't want to do it." He'd tell Pup. "S'imba I don't think they will." Pup would reply to S'imba he didn't know how to tell someone that they didn't even own themselves. "You see these people don't really see you as a person to them your just some kind of animal." As S'imba's heart fell into his stomach as what Pup was saying started to sink in. "But I'm not how could someone ever do think that about me?" S'imba would say his voice breaking as his eyes started to well up in tears. "Because their monsters they don't care about anyone. They only care about money." Pup would reply standing up on the couch and walking over and setting a hand on his shoulder as S'imba cried. "I'm going to die." S'imba said before Pup gave a reassuring squeeze. "Your a good fighter and despite you forgetting your body will remember. Shark says that although you may be small you fight like a cornered zaz. Your going to be fine." He would say before heading downstairs to bed. With that S'imba gave a reassured smile but would lie down on the couch and silently cry into the night until he finally fell asleep.
After being turned into a weapon by Shade; S'imba became an item of interest to various individuals. As such several organizations put a bounty on him. He was also framed and charged for various criminal activities...as well as a few crimes he committed on his own. After escaping custody multiple times he went into hiding by disguising himself a mercenary and demon hunter by the name Raven. Trying to get into the mercenary and bounty hunter circles as a way of finding out more about why he's being pursued and discover the identities of those seeking him. He has found multiple connections yet none of them really make any sense. He was captured by Ishgardians where he discovered that they wanted to bring him before their primal Shiva. During the escape a strange creature known as Clad seemingly came to their rescue. After S'imba accidentally seemingly mortally wounded Sven and was trying to get out of the prison with him. Clad took him away from S'imba, powerless to act against the mysterious figure. Clad stabbed Sven with a pair of daggers and killed him before vanishing with his body, leaving S'imba to have to face a voidsent and some other abomination alone.
Backstory According to the Slavers
(OOC Note your character may have overheard this fabricated in the streets or if you're the type that would attend one of his fights.)
As part of the method to keep him enslaved right under the public eye as well as give him a much more appealing story to the public they fabricated an entire history about him that is publicized. Their version of S'imba's story says that he originally was a dangerous pirate assassin (overly ridiculous title in order to excite the fanboys.) During an attempt on the life of a member of the the royal family of Ul'dah he was stopped by a brave and valiant sultansworn at great risk of his own life; stopped S'imba at the last moment. After his arrest the guards managed to make a deal with him. In exchange for him to ratting out the rest of his crew he wouldn't be put straight to death. Instead he would serve out the rest of his life as a pit fighter where he could still put his skills to work. By using this story many people believe this to be his real story despite the absolute ludicrous nature of it.
Wanted for Interesting Roleplay (and other information to use)
- Recently S'imba has reentered the bloodsands in a semi-disguise under the alias Hell Cat, based on rumors that since he uses strange magics in the ring he must be some sort of demon boy, the name being taken from a young keeper who refers to all seekers as hell cats, it seemed fitting to him. Though he's changed his fighting style from knives to the sword to help disguise himself by changing up his fighting style, and he's tweaked his appearance just enough to try and avoid anyone looking too closely at him as there are still those who would like to claim him as their fighter. If your character would recognize him in any of these regards you can use this information.
- Anyone with knowledge of slave markings would be able to identify the brand on his face as him being marked as a slave for life.
- He still has a poster or two left out there for his arrest from his brief time as a pirate, offering a reward for his arrest in Limsa for questioning about the pirates he was associated with.