|Citizenship||Gridania Limsa (Nomad)|
|Age||Between 27-30 (Unknown)|
|Height/Weight||5 fulms, 2 ilms / 115 ponz|
|Guardian||Thaliak, the Scholar|
|Other Given Names|
Jancis Milburga, a midlander hyur, is a merchant's daughter orphaned in the Twelveswood and forced to come into her own.
Jancis is currently:
- Travelling to Kugane and territory around Doma to find a 'mythical' beast to assist with her venom antidotes.
- Exploring remote parts of Gyr Abania for flora and fauna opportunities.
- Searching for a means to free the hold of the Ruby Shadow upon her.
- Giving sermons monthly.
Spoken that meet Jancis will usually get wide eyes and an blatant observing unassuming look at them.
She'll say hello, bow, and typically call people "Lord" or "Lady" without question.
Happy and honest, she looks a bit naive, optimistic, and helpful.
Dressed in cloth and robes with healer supplies with markings of being a conjurer.
Hooks - Points of Approach
- Healer - Conjury, Basic First Aid, Emergencies, Jancis looks ready to help.
- Maelstrom - Fellow sailors might know her face.
- Ishgardian Family - Seen about with the Ishgardian family De'bayle and kin.
- Orator - Heard of from pilgrimages and sermons. Unorthodox and not a priestess.
- Herbs - Gathers, gives, buys, or sells herbs and products.
- War - Present at the last battle of the Dragonsong. In many of the GC battles in Gyr Abania as a medic.
- Music - Has sung at amateur nights or played the harp for small crowds.
- Children - Local nannies or foster families would know her. Aids in early child care.
Jancis is overall quite plain in her manner of attire and appearance; clean and kept, she does not follow the fashion or trends of higher classes or wear makeup.
Hair is a dark shiny brown - going into the purple/copper hue in certain light - with a gentle wave. It grows quickly and when long is kept in braids and wrapping ponytails to protect it during combat.
Eyes are a pale jade green and expressive. She has a mild mutation of Distichiasis making her eyelashes look darker.
Jancis has an alto voice range and no formal vocal training.
Clothing ranges from robes to dresses. She has a fondness for leggings. Accompanied with T-strap shoes, button shoes, or boots. Decorations in her hair, usually a feather, or chains gems. Most of her garments are mended and well-kept, stitching and patches with a suture-like texture used in the thread.
Beyond what the character actually wears:
- Has a plain handkerchief of cotton (not always the same one she constantly gives it away).
- Typically has a small book-sized satchel containing basic medical supplies, a map, and a waterskin.
- There is a wand or other natural-wood on her person or in her satchel.
Part of Jancis' fearless nature tends to leave her scarred. Her body has a myriad of soft tones of well-healed scars, but not all of them vanish as well as others.
- A knife scar across her cheek done in a purposeful design which has stretched and faded as she's come into adulthood. Received as a child.
- A keloid scar with a spider-like style with thin branches on her stomach and on her lower back; gotten from being impaled with a conjured stalagmite from Melfice Vainchelon in disguise.
- Left leg has uneven texture from a zombie attack during the onslaught at Ul'dah's gates headed by Jin'li Epinoch.
- Right shoulder has small jagged scars from the claws and teeth of a possessed imp attack. Received while rescuing L'aenoh Tia from a dark blood mage.
- Three indented slots on her left side starting at her lower ribs which look like a giant fork stabbed her (which is what happened). Inflicted by Augustine Frost while under the influence of "Pink Primal" Memeli Meli.
- Left arm has speckled skin coloring from burns and aether damage, a mix caused by Jana Ridah, Delial Grimsong, and fighting Louvel for Ja'ren A'lenthin.
- Right hand has very faint white lines in the shape of teeth, caused by Reginald Ozrik biting her hand during an ordeal and healed hastily to lessen backlash.
- Right torso under the ribs has a deep sword wound from a Ishgardian recluse after being attacked with Denz De'bayle.
- Has a rune marking on her right shoulder-blade near the middle of her back. Tiergan Vashir explained the marking.
- Prominent scars on her forearms, right leg, and hairline on the back of her head a bit shifted. Caused by an ceruleum explosion in Eastern Shroud while fighting off Garleans with Denz De'bayle and Barengar Armsbreaker.
- A large soft red marking across the majority of her torso by her ribs over one third of her body, front and back, after surviving a cleave from an dark aether empowered sword. Matches the one on Denz De'bayle in reverse.
Jancis is awkward socially, ranging from blunt questions to over elaborate sentences as if talking in a storybook. She calls nearly everyone by some kind of title and will avoid saying the name of people she does not care about.
Having a kind heart, Jancis is very patient and forgiving with others. She's happiest when she is feeling useful and is a good follower. Has a soft spot for children and young animals, but in general she's very 'hands on' touching people on their arms or shoulders and taking their hands to make connection.
Fearless and willing to speak up to bring about understanding and clarification on matters she finds to be wrong, particularly if it is hurting someone. Defensive of friends and allies, or those she deems in duress, she will stand up in protection and literally block words or physical attempts of harm.
Combat - View/Behavior
- Fearless While not very smart in battle, Jancis does not fear it. She will go in and try to support everyone she's an ally with regardless of her own safety.
- Combat Healing As a conjurer, Jancis is sensitive to the elements and through training has become more sensitive to the aether and magicks around people she's close to, giving her an edge on healing serious conditions at crucial times.
- Agile She's light of foot and quick to find a place she thinks will not hinder her allies.
- Toxin Resistant She is trained in poisons and venoms, taking them herself in small doses to build up an immunity.
- Weapons Trained with basics of a shield and staff. Usually does not have both at once and will two-hand whichever she has. Carries a wand and has natural items on her person at all times to form conjuration.
- Hearing After years, "Turns", of study and meditation Jancis can focus and listen to the land, hearing the elementals and other aetheric presences.
- Melee Face-to-face with a foe that Jancis cannot gain distance on is a great vulnerability, keeping her on the defense.
- Distraction Prone Jancis is typically too preoccupied watching her allies she fails to watch out for herself and would be an easy target.
- Strength Her strength in a fight is limited, only available to carry wounded through sheer will. Climbing, holding on, or carrying can be done in short bursts.
- Aether Sensitivity Despite having an innate ability with aether and conjury, battles with voidsent, dark aether, and multiple rituals have left her sensitive to corrupted aether, leaving her drained and exhausted after a significant encounter.
- Vocal Being a conjurer, she relies on her voice to call out to the elements to assist her. Anything that would hinder that or interrupt her would leave her to rely on physical abilities alone.
- Armor Armor weighs her down, despite training in some, the most she can wear is padded armor on her chest and waist - arms and feet are too heavy.
- Hermit Upbringing Jancis grew up mostly on her own out in the wild of the Shroud. Her habits and words do not follow current culture 100%; she will use odd terms and not understand idioms.
- Clothing Wearing pants her entire childhood, she compensates for typical 'style' by wearing leggings.
- Kind Apologizes constantly. Thinks the best of people and is optimistic.
- "Touchy" Tends to be hands-on with people, touching their arm or shoulder, and does not understand the concept of personal space.
- Respecting Gives everyone a title, typically using their first name along with it. Lord, Lady, Master, Sir [Resource]
- Honest Jancis is honest to a fault. She will not lie or tell a half-truth. The best she can do is not bring up a topic unless asked. She also complains and isn't cooperative if someone wants her to lie or is lying, calling them out and then correcting their words.
- Trusting While someone have to give trust to earn trust, it makes her a pushover when given to the wrong people. Unless it's overly clear she thinks the best of everyone and their intentions, believing them to be the victims of misfortune or simply their good attempts failed. In very few cases has she deemed someone beyond mortal abilities to save from corruption.
- Currency Concept Not growing up with gil, and seeing it as the useless material it is made out of doesn't really give it any value beyond what people tell her. She can't haggle and always overpays.
- Fearless She is fearless and will come forward to defend someone, run up to help someone, reach out and touch things that could be dangerous. It's without a second thought.
- Pain Hypersensitivity Being sensitive to others have made her overly-sensitive. Her hands are kept soft and able to feel problems, but that also leaves them prone to wounds and blisters that are not allowed to callus over so it happens over and over. Hot food is hot. Bitter things are bitter. Spicy foods are spicy! She will cry out when wounded and the only hardened part of her is her mind which endures it.
- Baking Based off of a past horrific experience, Jancis does not use ovens. She will cook everything on stove-top or campfire.
- Pie Jancis discovered a fondness for pie after working for a company in the Mist that had an affinity to have sweets around constantly, particularly rolanberry cheesecake. Luckily winning a pie-eating contest and hearing a song written about the unlikely victory, she has continued to hold a sentimental fondness for the pastry.
- Infant Care After having her own child, Jancis continues to maintain supplies and aids with other infants and mothers in her travels. She has a large wealth of experience in new baby, and new mother, care.
- Ill-favored Well aware of her lacking competence from past experiences, Jancis is quick to apologize and save others from making that mistake.
Jancis has no known family.
Mostly as an observer, Jancis finds herself lucky to be included to call folks an acquaintance or a friend. After the past nine years regularly around others and having social experience, she still thinks the best of people, asks for no oaths, and is happy for however much time spent together.
“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” ― Elbert Hubbard
Friends (Current, Distant, and Old)
Friends are addressed by name in person and as "Lord/Lady/Master" when speaking of them to other aquaintances.
The eldest brother of the De'bayle family, Jancis sees the man who she was initially given a very savage and pained account of to be a jovial and praising figure in the family. With the many related features of his younger brother, Denz, the conjurer holds the knight in friendly familiarity. In the past months of growing to know him more, be there for a few life-changing events for him and her, Jancis considers herself part of his family. She believes his time away from Ishgard and with dragons will give him a greater means to help the city-state change and thrive. She's very curious about his fondness for children and considers him one of the people she trusts with Torene.
Nice lady who wears a hat and works with magitek items. This pesimmistic woman is loyal and consistent which Jancis heavily admires and respects for her views, taking it as a good balance to her own naive views. She marvels at the interesting machines and contraptions, and items Jancis refers to as "mammets", Astrelle can create. Jancis has been rescued and cared for multiple times by this woman and considers her a good example of steadfast family and tries to be the same in kind.
A mercenary who is good with an axe and has a habit of expression emotion and thoughts through a series of grunts. Though the two met by outside influence and both hold the more disagreeable aspects outfront to one another, the two manage to get along and see more through the outer shell. She struggles to not apologize to the man; standing quiet instead.
Fist fighter and leader of the Agents. Jancis admires the strength and compassion she sees in the man. His gruff demeanor throwing people into realizing the potential they hold, despite the quite and reserved manner he treats her in with their brief meetings. She thinks quite a lot of the man and his company; relying on their hospitality when she passes through the desert.
A lady that Jancis has some to relate to and empathize with. A master of animals and potions, Jancis finds herself as comforted by the woman's presence and is a link through the very different culture from the Ishgardian De'bayle family. Eager to learn more about the woman's memories, she does her best to bring into perspective of her scars.
Knight, smith, and the ideal model for the future Jancis hopes to support and help. Two have grown closer upon hearing more about his family and all of the trials he has endured on her behalf making Jancis think highly of the younger man. Finds it encouraging and also endearing how he looks to "halp" people. While quiet, she fancies him a great deal and will go out of her way to make him happier and less frustrated with his failures.
Jancis finds herself quite enamored whenever she sees the lady, which is typically always at a venue with music. Though the two have mostly an acquaintance relationship, it seems as a unspoken bond that Jancis cherishes and silently supports.
Knight-errant of Ishgard. He grins often and teases. On a never-ending quest to become strong. Jancis is fond of the man and has a lot of history with him and considers herself a part of his family. She continues to answer his call and asks for aid when in duress.
A very curious man that has held a whole spectrum of feelings for Jancis from loathed and untrusted to concerned and very cared for. Light of foot and only found when desired, she tries to send him food and notes in random ways hoping to keep in touch with the man. Seeing a lot of herself in his struggle for freedom and finding himself, she also is torn with a deep bias and desire to help him remember who he was. Believing him to be Bertram Greyshark and confident that once he recalls that he will feel more value in life.
A survivor and old friend, Jancis works with for the Maelstrom and Crystal Alliance. Meeting through other Coral members, Jancis admires and answers the calls for assistance from him for his boisterous nature, clear concerns, and ruthless determination. His likeness to Tausen affects her subconsciously which makes her more comfortable in his presence.
One of the De'bayle cursed - Jancis has known different sides of Hestia from a jovial energetic child to a driven woman. Two sides of a coin Jancis both cares for the child she remembered and the new person she found a friendship and new relationship with during their pregnancies. Concerned about how much work the woman takes on herself, Jancis accepts the many failures on herself and the independent choices of Hestia.
A worried and worrisome healer, Jancis has found herself in the man's company in some of the harder situations she's been in while helping House De'bayle. Another practiced healer, she ends up trying to assist him to keep from being confusing that usually falls apart. She does her best to understand the way he gets upset, but then sees a reversal when under his care. For all the problems the man has, Jancis admires how he doesn't let that hold him back in most situations and doesn't really try to help him out of general politeness in announcing her presence and things normally seen. He insists he is not a Lord much to Jancis' insistance that if he is not, then there can be none.
Priest of Nald'thal and Alchemist. Gathers herbs and reagents for him, particular from the Twelveswood. Jancis percieves the man as a loving soul who knows a person's strength, generous without belittling others and sharing his knowledge with those who ask. She's otherwise in the dark to the man's secrets and doesn't even recognize them as dark, sure his intentions are for the best and he understands the darker side of Ul'dah. She's quite fond of him.
Sailor in Coral Sea with a jovial soul and a knack for cooking, Jancis revers the man for his manly expression of compassion and his ways of dealing with bad situations under pressure. One of the leaders Jancis will take seriously. Considering all that has happened, Jancis tries to do whatever will make him comfortable, but is fairly sure his heart and spirit went to sea with his dead wife.
Every interaction Jancis has had with this man has only improved her opinion of him. He is one of the few that will call for her help and sees more sides to her than most even in their brief interactions. She thinks very highly of what the man has overcome, though not well known, and hopes to show the same gratitude in return.
Quiet and calm, Torene is the daughter to Jancis and Denz.
Vibrant Green-blue eyes, soft ears, olive skin. Basic cheek and brow like her father. Hair and body like her mother.
Finding him quiet and kind with a weird awkward bashfulness, she always tries to talk to him for no particular reason. After seeing his childish display, she keeps her tone more polite than before considering how poorly his body and temperament react to hardships.
Easily enchanting for his witty humor and curious ways he shows care to those around him, particularly his twin brother and L'aenoh.
Man of the Jewel with purple eyes that does not remind Jancis of the past. His self-deprecating demeanor use to make Jancis more concern to help aid the man and overcome his grief, convinced that he's done the same for many others. Partly charmed by his daughter and their behavior together, she enjoys the few platonic moments with the man and his family.
A well-trained lady and what Jancis believes is an Elezen from a prominent family. Overall the time the conjurer spends with the lady is pleasant and inspiring.
This mysterious and beautiful au ra has curly hair that Jancis will gaze at quietly and a very sinful smile where she finds delight in most everything. A skilled healer, Jancis will step aside and be very awkward if having to lead healing in front of her. Though Jancis fails to be close to the woman, she looks at Ashmira fondly.
A monk who seems close to Berrod, Jancis sees Autgar for having a lot of space in his life for friends and carrying them along with him. He's bright and generous in nature which brings easy smiles and it's easy to think she might have a crush on the man from a stranger or acquaintance.
Jancis loves how the lady always smiles and greets her, though she refuses help from or be served by passively. Finds Aya inspiring, happily listening to stories and the thoughts of the woman and admiring her ability to do the same for other adventurers. Regards the former lancer as a healer for the work she does feeding and serving in the busiest place in all of Eorzea. Aya always replies that it is 'not that busy'.
He left quite an impression on her from his approach and kindness, even taking a particular interest in one of her childish toys. After a particularly crucial fight Jancis has dropped her overly-polite demeanor with the knight which can easily be taken the wrong way. She also reacts acutely to his mannerisms, be them good or bad. She will follow his direction without question. Jancis will refer to him as "Sir Filangieri" strictly.
Jancis finds him adorable and endearing, unable to not smile at most anything he says and does. Easy to approach, she will go towards him and travel nearby to keep him safe from harm.
Jancis views the woman as the ideal mother and something of the example of a living Nophica for her generous and nuturing nature.
Though mute, the lady is very opinionated about everyone around her, will stare and share feelings regardless of the means of communication. The two share a tentative relationship for their differing ways of dealing with tough situations. Jancis trusts her, despite the disagreements. She has been missing since showing up before Starlight.
Jancis continues to run into the woman to share feelings about family and other lifestyle concerns. She sees Clio as the background and sanity of her company to keep them together and working as a team.
|Jancis remembers the woman for her who seemed anchored on the ground but also a fierce fighter and protector. When she is mentioned, she tries to recall the warmer and inspiring thoughts than her untimely demise. "Lady Dhemgeim"|
|Jancis worries for the lady's safety as well as trying to be closer to the curious woman; though each attempt has failed.
The man has a curious connection with his intense emotion which goes from savage to kind depending who it is at; Jancis only really seeing and beliving the warmth of kindness. A strength to the man, she does not see him nearly as often as desired and writes him instead. Has a code name Ochir Shrikelance she doesn't care for and usually botches. Formerly called "Sir Shrikelance" "Eruantien"
Jancis sees him as polite and awkward much as she felt coming into society years ago. She fails to see the fury and amount of patience the man tries to exert in public, so she approaches him easily.
|A serious yet compassionate member of the Coral Sea, Jancis holds Finecia in great esteem for her assistance in the past and her strong demeanor in the face of anything.
The lady is blunt and honest, yet easy to hurt. Jancis feels a need to try and answer anything the girl asks in a way she can understand and, with most youth, pays attention and watches out for her in her presence.
A strong-willed knight, Jancis met her through guild masters to tutor and teach in the basics of conjuration. Becoming trusted friends, the two travel together often and share studies. Cici is like family to Jancis and is her first source of comfort and will typically try to follow her around despite the city politics and protocol. Though Jancis fails to understand much of the subtle work Cici does, she still will speak up about the shadow sides of it. Is usually left in the dark on her "sister's" real activities, but trusts the intention and meaning behind the secrets. To others Jancis will refer to her as "Lady Crofte" but personally will call her "CiCi". [Gallery]
|A boisterious and humorous man who has a canny knack to squeeze in a tease or a taunt followed up with a grin. Jancis has become something of a study partner for certain aspects of the man's work particularly with the magical and spiritual side. Learning more about Gareth's past, Jancis thinks of him fondly and much like an endearing friend.
Guillemont was one of the shadows Jancis couldn't seem to see fully, a man of quiet awkward demeanor and inner pains that he kept hidden. For all she felt close to the man, she knew little about him and often found her questions or attempts to talk fading away either out of distraction or dissuasion, much like her own tactics about herself. Finding him charming out of such ways as Guillemont reminded her of Denz for awhile, Jancis found this one case of taking a man for granted out of the comfort of him being nearby.
|Jancis holds the lady in high regard for her brave demeanor and foresight and trusts her completely after offering to take on an ordeal instead of Jancis. She looks to the woman for bravery and to follow in life's trials and trusts to endure anything.
Jancis finds a comforting connection by the man's subtle nature at being present, but not obvious. Touched by his outreach and his feeling as a foriegner, she will help bridge the gap as possible and take on awkward situations. Beyond that she harbors a curiousity about his family clan and beliefs.
Meeting over the course of years, Jancis takes this nervous woman much like herself who is still working out of unseen shackles put onto her by the past, but confident that she will find a means to break free and follow the stutters and murmurs she states without fear.
A skilled hunter with a gentle hand. Warm compassionate man that can blush easily. Speaks of the culture of his tribe and food happily that Jancis enjoys listening to. Her treatment of him is partly protective from his reactions under duress and smiles easily when he shares anything from his bright personality.
|Very straight forward and blunt man, even when it comes to fights and spars. Jancis can only give the man a curious look when he talks.
Jancis had only known this fist-fighter/arcanist from afar until one incident. After that and paying more attention to this woman, Jancis has grown to see someone she has come to admire as a strong soul who can learn and strive to make things right, in and outside of herself.
|Jancis seems like a bright child beaming to the man for his stories and jovialty.
|Jancis shares a lot of ideals and social awkwardness as Jezune and feels like the man has some kind of kinship for their similar backgrounds.
Bardess and adventuring archer. Jancis met while healing at the Grindstone, impressed by her ability to deal with pain while Jancis tended to others with more serious wounds. The lady appears now and again to sing at pilgrimages and around Jancis, always sharing more about herself especially in love to be a kindred spirit. A comforting presence. Jancis delights in her songs and will often times try to sing lyrics from them.
Continues to run into the man time-to-time and assist him with small tasks. Jancis has a curious and polite relationship with the man, particularly because the confusing biased manner he has.
Jancis met him in a curious way that has made their initial contact awkward from her own actions despite his kind, protective, and attentive mannerism. From courting, to a female confidant, to male reborn friend.
Continues to do the best for this "hunter" as far as dealing with his wounds and problems from his past. Jancis now cooks a particular skillet bread specifically avoiding baking for his sake. Also is very protective of the man and will put up with most anything he dishes out, but continues to fail to protect him from harm since healing is a large ordeal for the man. He is something of a weakness for Jancis, getting upset easily about someone threatening to harm him or actually harming him.
Jancis ran into the man and (by chance) became fond of him. A semi-sad coincidence, Lan looks somewhat like Jancis' lost love, save for the short hair and sapphire eyes. The feelings were more complicated as she learned more of the man's past to nearly match with hyur fostering and training, as well as running into one another from short meetings long before. She nearly sees the man as the success she wanted for herself, and tries to assist the man in subtle ways so his life stays happy and prosperous unlike the 'twin' she fell in love with.
|Jancis met Locke on her pilgrimages. The two continue to write to one another and meet up at random.
One of the Coral Sea, Memeli has a crazy reputation for being a caring bold company kin and a diabolical arcanist of unquestionable power. Jancis usually tolerates the lady's antics and is used as a piece of furniture by her. In case the lalafel tries to either slap or lie to Jancis, she has gotten into the habit of grabbing Meli's hair. Their continued relationship improves and Jancis has found a very soft and supportive spot for the strangely sweet lady.
This man has a dashing smile and advice for any occasion. Jancis shares a polite and happy relationship, giving him patronage and following his work.
Jancis met the Hornet during a beach party briefly then again as part of the Coral Sea. After inquires from her on Jancis' safety and her relationship with Alveo, Jancis trusts and feels protected around the ebony lady.
|A man of many traits and trades, Ojune is wise, magical, and cultured. Jancis is very fond of the man for his bravery and ability to continue on despite his handicap; having a great balance of not being held back by it and not afraid to ask for assistance because of it. She enjoys talking and listening to him.
Jancis was really taken from his care and concern over Cici's exhaustion when they met. Jancis blunders in their friendship by dishonoring the man with her attempts to repay him and make him smile. She continues to watch and visit the man, despite how much his rejection upsets her, doing her best as he ends up running off.
Jancis knows little of the man but believes the best of him. Known for his intelligence and being what the conjurer thinks of as a shadow knight, she realizes the man takes a lot on his shoulders and has strong beliefs.
|Jancis met the man while he was dressing one of her company members. By random chance the man continues to come to her for her opinion and now some of her work in dealing with concoctions. More concerned with the man's well-being, Jancis continues to learn and tolerate his extravagant lifestyle to get a glimpse of understanding this man's way of thinking. Very willing to help the man and is still amazed by the amount of detail the man can pay attention to; she cares deeply for the troubles that no one else seems privy to or could even fathom.
|Jancis trusts and feels close to the woman for her pure heart and selfless nature.
Jancis views this man as a quiet resilient knight, full of virtue especially towards women and those less fortunate. She treats him with respect and honor that he deserves. Not understanding his darker side and misfortune, she tries to defend the man with all of the poor treatment he receives.
Jancis knows very little of this man and finds him full of rumors and contrasting behavior, going between a caring father figure to a careless and ruthless figurehead. She listens to him quietly, torn with her feelings to respect a title. Despite his change to Renee Becquerel she still refers to him as a man.
|Jancis admires the pacifist for her determination and benevolence. She also delights in the many books belonging to the elezen woman. Jancis follows the lady's direction particularly in the welfare and care for the others in the company.
A quiet awkward lady, Jancis tries to see all of the good and pain that she's been told about in the woman. She treats her kindly and is curious about her.
A seasoned Ala Mhigan with a strong grip on aether. Jancis admires and trusts the woman greatly for the battles they've fought together. Unsure about the way the woman shies from her healing energies, she tries to not bother her with it unless in great need. She's come to recognize the woman's brave face with a smile and a quirk.
Jancis views the man with regard for his intelligence and natural ability to reason with just about anyone. She holds more empathy and compassion for the man after being used as a scapegoat for Lady Dhemgeim's death on top of the mysterious tragic past the man has only mentioned before. Jancis listens to him for his eloquence and ability to haggle/barter any deal as well as his abilities to coerce others as well as holds a lot of care and fondess for a man she believes saved her from death.
Jancis has grown grateful and closer to the Staelufre after the ordeals her lover and the advice they have given one another. Admires her initiative and bravery to make life better for everyone around her. Does not agree with her ways of handling problems, particular for her violent nature.
|Jancis finds the tough and harsh-tongued woman delightful. Since nearly leaving the Coral Sea, she tries to do extra work and nice things for the lady, even after their close experience.
|Jancis met Tasa while preparing with the company to save their leader.Despite Tasa's brash demeanor, she is a wise woman with a lot of heart and patience for the less experienced and has earned quite a bit of Jancis' respect. She is technically the warrior's indentured servant as she pays back a debt and is bidden to comply with any requests Tasa makes, though the lady does not enforce it.
Jancis met Val while she was being evaluated to study under the Harbingers. Catching her attention with the nickname "Milly", Jancis has built up a respect for the miqo'te for his realistic and kind-hearted views as well as his honestly in all matters. She tries to keep in touch with the man and support his feelings of usefulness and wanted. Sends him random items with cards, particular naming the item.
A benevolent man who helps recovering slaves and the downtrodden of Ul'dah that Jancis is growing to know better and revere. It is always a delight to run into the tall elezen and his other half Jaques. She tries to listen to his ideas and is always delighted to eat any of the food he's prepared.
Close to Lady Meli and Sir Gegenji. Jancis feels a closeness to Virara for her blunt survivalist and emotional-less tone which she really responds to. The two share a similiar background save for the past few years. She feels a deep desire to help the woman break free of her servitude mindset and see her prosper.
|Jancis has known him for most of her time outside of her isolated past. She considers him a generous and social friend.
Jancis is very grateful to the efforts from the woman and inviting her to partake in discussions of art and performance.
Jancis met the man when he came out of nowhere into the Coral Sea's house holding a letter she had written to Cici. Seeing his condition and overwhelmed by the selfless act, Jancis tries to follow the swordsman's tracks and whereabouts to repay him for his kindness with her own.
Has a smile that always catches her off-guard. Jancis would ask for his help and wrote him often; struggling with the amount of attention and reverence he gave her. Coming to care and love the man deeply, she will often look sad and longing at random times after being reminded of his absence. Believed in hiding and incognito to find assassins linked to his past or killed by them. His loss resulted in Jancis dealing with a long recovery and lack of desire in many respects. [Random images of Z'enath and Jancis]
"You're -NOT- a tool! You're a person, living and breathing-the exact same as me! You're as much of a tool as the Warriors of light-MY Warriors of Light- were! Only the -ignorant-, and -ungrateful- masses of Eorzea see them as tools. You're as valuable as a Sultana, Seedseer, or Admiral!"
Acquaintances are referred to as Lord/Lady/Master before a given name. In times of stress or pain, Jancis will drop the title. Despite someone asking her to stop, she will pick it back up soon after. People that she has a connecting meaninful event together or spend a great deal of time with she'll consider a deeper friend, but is friendly, trusting, and thinks the best of.
Many entries are aged and outdated, left where Jancis last saw them.
♦ A'malria Khage - Reginald's love. Helped to save Sigurd from the corruption inside and ended up being a carrier of the voidsent curse. Was freed from the creature with the help of Reginald, I'tsu, Shinjo, and Jancis.
♦ Aaron Frostheart - Swordsman. Jancis met at the Grindstone particular when the man tried to refuse aid to his wounds. The two continue to meet up at random times and she tries to talk to the otherwise quiet and conflicted man. Hugged her after returning his sword in a surprise display. "Champion Frostblood"
♦ Aedida Aldricht - Close friend to Hestia. Has a melodic voice. Leads the Free Company network for the GC Alliance initiative Crystal.
♦ Aedwen Morning - Bright cheerful lady who helps Lucaell. Wayward Romantic. Denz's love interest.
♦ Adalhaid Rask - Highlander who shared words and gave inspirational blessings at Rhalgr's stone during the pilgrimages to the Twelves' stones.
♦ Adun Blackblade - Monk from the Mythril Blades. Name unknown
♦ Aekira Swyfte - Archer that competed and won at the Grindstone from the bridge, overseer Berrod.
♦ Aerostein Epitaph - Elegant model at the Pumpkin Cafe. Alveo refused to speak to someone 'without clothes on'. Has vivid memory.
♦ Aerlys Brighthand - NPC from Setting the Standard. Ala Mhigan. Works with griffins. Bard
♦ Aidan Khontus - Quiet child-like au'ra man. Introduced at Black & White Ball by Ashmira. Name unknown
♦ Aiouxdaux Beaumont - Elegant elezen man that can host a feral sinister grin. Friend of Lady Staelufre and participated in the End of Winter Games. Took great delight in utterly exploding an ice sculpture of late and beloved First Mate Dhemgeim. Close to J'azhar and a skilled healer assisting with after effects from the Red Lotus and helping Jancis with toxin tolerance.
♦ Aiswynd Drakareus - Displaced au ra refugee. Spoke at Azeyma's stone for the pilgrimage to the Twelves' stones. Healed his eyes from being lost completely, but failed to recover all of his vision.
♦ Akito Saejima - Friend and love interest of Hikari. Met at Starlight gathering. Monk of Rhalgr. Not good at snowfights. Helped with the Black Mantle.
♦ Alaric Whiteseer - Older sage that taught Gareth and knows of his past. Posed as a beggar when first seen.
♦ Aleric Steelbird - Tall kind highlander that usually helps with tea at the Twelve Oaks Library Book Club.
♦ Alexander Gomez - Free Paladin from Ul'dah. Following in his father's footsteps. Met on pilgrimage to Halone. Kind.
♦ Alexaria Whiteraven - Blue-haired highlander lady. Burlesque dancer which the most amazing stories. Gave Jancis a massage that made her doze off.[Scene]
♦ Alexei Volkov - Met when Cici was collared, painted a symbol with his blood on the wall of the Drybone Inn. Alchemist/Medic - Healed Oscric after collar event. Name not known, only face.
♦ Alexis Sutherland - Friend of Jayne Avery; helped after he got shot. Name Unknown
♦ Alleria Surlaint - Member of House De'bayle. Bright blue eyes and hair to match. Has a large black arcane scar on her back from childhood. Champion of the Grindstone against Denz. Witnessed some of her knight trials. Followed under her authority to assist with a bandit raid and watched her turn a blind eye to torture. Witnessed her knighting in Armont's office. Helped with the Black Mantle cult. Joined at the Second Grand Melee. Alleria the Loyal
♦ Annaliese Sellecerre - Quiet elezen usually seen mumuring to Giselle.
♦ Angora Khilo - Lady and caster from the Phoenix Rose. Fought side-by-side in one of the cold ruins in Coerthas looking for Dravian metal with Jaques. Jancis spoke at the funeral for her friends, Lyria and Ser'ai. Wears a mask for battle. Sister to Eruantien. Helped with the rescue of Caen. One of the Branded. Assisted Aeon deal with a tortured spirit bound to a mask.
♦ Anstarra Silverain - Old acquaintance from HoD. Lancer.
♦ Aoi Obinata - Overseer at the Grindstone.
♦ Aoki Miyamatsu - Close friend of Astrelle.
♦ Arblis Ellhis - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Arcian Martell - One of the Branded in Aeon. Assisted in going through the ruins in Northern La Noscea to find a mask linked to one of the spirits that destroyed the weapon that all Branded carry a piece of.
♦ Arialys Xhau - Arcanist from Astral Agents. Met at their fundraiser auction. Likes books and learned to summon egi for assistance. Ate sandwiches at the Runestone. Grew up in a secluded Keeper clan in the Shroud. Not good with a bow. Use to being in the way and breaking things. Gave Jancis a blue clematis flower - good for perfumes. Lover of A'mauro.
♦ Ariaut Tis'falin - Close friend of Vaughn. Met after a De'bayle Spar. Asked to be called Ari.
♦ Arielia Ryella - Vain elezen woman seen with Eva and at pilgrimage. Talks of herself as "the huntress". Name unknown.
♦ Armel Winterson - Hyur and one of the Branded of Aeon. Met briefly while repairing the mask for the lost soul. Said “Then stay alive, you are the bearer of their Remembrance. You can do no such thing as a marionette of the Void.” Name unknown
♦ Arrelaine Fashonti - Part of the Martial Branch for the Harbingers. Performed at the pilgrimage to Menphina.
♦ Arthurioux Lisieux - Coral Sea. Frail elezen.
♦ Ashravi Honzen - Tall brother of Ashmira. Skilled in thaumaturgy and protective of his sister. Always wears shiny glasses and red accents. Took down the large exotic buffalo in Summerford.
♦ Asher Rukoth - Plate-wearing mercenary met at the Mythril Blades during a cultist attack. Name unknown.
♦ Ashur Decius - Healed at the Grindstone.
♦ Askier Mergrey - Seen when removing Osric's collar. Crazy man from the grenade and blown up warehouse in Moraby Bay. Name unknown.
♦ Asmodean Gaidin - Axeman Jancis met at Llymlaen's pilgrimage, then he spoke at Oschon's and stayed reciting lore and books at Camp Bronze Lake. Quiet humble man who is duty-focused. Met up with time to time in Ishgard. Has a small fawn unicorn. Has a journal from his mother who died at a young age.
♦ Athil Thorne - Only known by name for a singing telegram to Maril.
♦ Augustine Frost - Chaotic Warrior of the Coral Sea. Companion of Threed. Led the slavery troupe to find Chuch's mother. Believed dead.
♦ Avelyn Firestone - Aquaintance of Barengar and Franz. Met at the Bacchus Shots competition. Firey personality which is quick to enjoy adult content and taunting humor. Fist, seen around the Grindstone. Watermelon crusher. Mercenary for the Mythril Blades.
♦ Avenio Naemig - Axe-man warrior that's quiet and stoic with caring eyes. Reminds Jancis of Barengar with his mannerism. Close to Faolan. Helped rescue Caen from slavers. Part of one of his dreams of a destroyed city plagued by magics and vengeful illusions. Named Jancis' unicolt 'Muffin' from Little Ladies Day.
♦ Aydren Gloamthorn - Healer from the Grindstone. Seen at Twelve Oaks Book Club.
♦ Baelyn Teken'ghym - Duskwight elezen dancer. Has fancy clothing. Love of Gwannes. Shared some of her pain of losing her family and home during the Cataclysm after the 'date' bait hunt with Gwannes happens to be on the grave of her homeland. Spoke at Thal's Respite for some time about loss and pain.
♦ Bahldur Kahkol - Helper at Chachanji's surprise party. Name unknown
♦ Baileywick Thibault - Older elezen. Very confident and full of advice. "My dear girl, has your heart so been plagued by age that you have lost sight of the magic in this world? You are young yet, I promise you, your views have yet much changing to do." Name unknown
♦ Barbarccia Valadis - Former Harbinger. Woman of business and tactics.
♦ Basile Feurieux - Acquaintance of House De'bayle witha history of not agreeing with them entirely. Met when his wounds were tended, the only survivor of his group taking on a rogue dragon. Jerace's bodyguard before taking up work with the house. Helped with Jancis' job to find a special flower, where she got to see how much bloodlust the swordsman has. Witnessed some of his knight trials. Kicked unconscious duskwight in the face. Witnessed his knighting by Denz in Armont's office. Helped rescue Denz from the Ruby Shadow in Upper La Noscea.
♦ Batu Qalli - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Bevereau Beauregard - One of the Branded of Aeon. Part of the mask team with the lost soul. Name unknown
♦ Bizaza Biza - Mage of the Coral Sea. Writes books about voidsent.
♦ Bravaden Warder - Retired Soldier from the Maelstrom. Part of the Coral Sea. Noticed Jancis and Syl as victims of Memeli's love prank. Friend of Syl; tracked parts of items for Meli's condition with the ghost that cursed her.
♦ Brave Horizon - One of the Branded of Aeon. Assisted in finding the mask of a tortured spirit from one of the people who destroyed the weapon the branded carry a piece of.
♦ Brianna Dunham - Fighter. Met as Overseer at Grindstone. Gruff. Moved in with armored lancer Matthrian Gothmyr. "Bri"
♦ Bruno Suvois - Squire of House De'bayle. Gardener. Lost his father at a young age and is unsure if he's dead. Has Denz's dark crystal.
♦ Brynhilde Wulf - Fighter and leader of the Aeons. Friend of Sir Vashir. Met when tracking the woman through Coerthas then on a crazy chase back through Eorzea to the Goblet. Enjoyed cake with at Coralhaus. Met up with escorted by Captain Dogberry at Berry's bonding ceremony. Learning more of her as a Branded, assisted in helping ease a tortured spirit bound to a mask with her group the Aeon. Spoke and shared the story of some of Ala Mhigo's history at the pilgrimage to Rhalgr's stone.
♦ C'kayah Polaali - Man of the Underground. Helped Jancis get sonmus for L'aenoh's addiction. Devote follower of Menphina. A shadow knight.
♦ Caithe Faulkner - Highlander shaman who aids the Mythril Blade. Mooches off of Tristram for food and company. Met in the Fringes where got mocked for interest in the practice. Lies a lot.
♦ Caleb Agron - Agent. Seen around the Grindstone and always glares at Berrod. Has a kind smile that he shoots at Jancis. Attended his bonding to Berrod. [Portrait]
♦ Camille Everardi - Talented arcanist. Friend of Barengar who healed his legs and assisted learning more about the red runestone. Always dresses classy. Attended her bonding to Enkh. Gave Jancis a dried yellow rose for her hair.
♦ Cardre'a Dfhey - Storm Captain. Sent sweets during the Hatching celebrations to subordinates. [Letter]
♦ Carth Chambers - Corporal of the Red Wings. Met with Kurt when the man had been training.
♦ Castus Allard - Loud bolisterous man. Husband to Xenedra.
♦ Ceonix De'bayle - Cousin of Denz and Armont. Smith and knight of Ishgard. Has a sword named Azureflame. Lives as a hermit somewhere in Coerthas.
♦ Cerina Borlaaq - Friend of Ignera. Met at the Matron's Wish charity event. Patiently dealt with Armont's prejudices on au ra clans.
♦ Certia Soteru - Quiet chef in Coral. Loves to cook for others; very shy and reserved. [Picnic]
♦ Chuta Allfriend - Elderly bard who performed at the pilgrimage for Nald'thal, Nophica, Halone, Menphina, and Thaliak.
♦ Ciceroix Pellicier - Elezen from up North.
♦ Ciciru Ciru - Sang at the Festival of the Flames about Jancis' pie-eating abilities. Participates in Nathan's Celebrations.
♦ Cinnabar Prentice - Lancer and Squire of House De'bayle. Has a stutter and can be a bit of a pushover. Fancies Jacline. Aided with the Re-Kindle. Joined at the Second Grand Melee
♦ Clalaris Sil’laris - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Claire Nyhmidu - Former member of House De'bayle and jeweler. Saw during a spar. Did some work on her crushed hand from an unnamed assailant. Lived with Guillemont. Held by bandits in the Shroud. Likes books more than mintonette. Removed glass from her eye in Gyr Albania. Invited to dessert with her courter Verus. Doesn't like her titles. Claire the Aspiring. Had a daughter, Emma.
♦ Clayton Ambercrombie - Leon's friend. Suggested to Jancis during the Agent fundraiser. Haven't met in person. Has a daughter - overheard.
♦ Coraliza Velia - Bard who performed at the pilgrimage for Nophica.
♦ D’ranmaia Shenn - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Dalmar Ferrera - Friend of House De'bayle and Adelise, some kind of shadow knight from the desert.
♦ Dato Koelklin - Old veteran of the Maelstrom. Grew up on the ocean. Muscle for Gold & Glory. Shared real name Koelklin "keel-klin" at Calamity Remembrance.
♦ Defiant Bride - Stuttering lady. Makes jewelry. Immortal Flame. Had to snap her hip back into place after a brutal battle in Gyr Albania with triage healing. Defiant of the Stalwart Spirit. Joined at the Second Grand Melee. Helped Lucaell with her family history and hosted a book club night.
♦ Delial Grimsong - Unknown assailant. Attacked Jancis at Moraby Bay. Met at Osric's bonding receiption; enjoyed light bubbly wine.
♦ Devereau Beauregard - Acquaintance from Ul'dah. Visited at pilgrimages and has a grand house. Loves shades of lavender. Gifted Jancis with a beautiful set of warm barding for Aven.
♦ Diana Barlow - Avery's Lady. Something of a healer. Jancis only knows her in the depressed state of dealing with Avery's bad wound.
♦ Doctor Ozerov - Healer met at the Grindstone. Harbinger. Spoke and got taken offstage at the Grand Company Alliance Rally in Ishgard.
♦ Dominique La'fleur - Lovely woman that is a wealthy merchant of Ul'dah by Jancis' assessment. Met at the Agent Auction. Name unknown.
♦ Dren Ghonne - Quiet unsure man that follows Memeli and Virara around.
♦ Dylan Thorne - Bard that delivered Starlight telegrams for Jancis.
♦ Eaubront Shopont - Healed at the Grindstone.
♦ Ehla Selhah - Coral Sea. Arcanist. Widow. Met in house with Sigurd. Got injured looking for children for Derrick Darke on her leg; blamed Jancis for it. Was the strong figure dealing with the fact that Gwendoline had taken over Jancis. Shows a lot of tender care to Reginald. Quick to be a happy-go-lucky drunk.
♦ Elear Morierea - Attended her bonding to Reiner.
♦ Elijah Braddock - Patron of the Twelve Oaks Book Club. Overheard having child.
♦ Elise Wolfe - Lady that helps guard the pilgrimages for Althyk and Halone. Goes by the name "Lynx". Very mysterious but generous. Has foreign aether the woman refuses to remove. Was briefly in the care of Jancis from the Harbingers, but left when ideals clashed and did not contact the conjurer back. Can play the piano [Scene]
♦ Emmaline Clarke - Arcanist from Limsa. Lives in Lower Spangledance. Close to Windshadow. Nearly stole some of Jancis' supplies and inks.
♦ Emmette Stringers - Strongwilled and assertive woman that employes Avery. Has the same blood type.
♦ Erik Mynhier - Paladin and 'boss' in the Red Wings. Priest of Halone. Took Cici through the Sworn Trials. Gave opening and blessings at the pilgrimage for Halone. Attended his bonding to Cliodhna. Gave Jancis a calio cat for winning a pie-eating contest.
♦ Erioch Koren - One of the hands behind the Mythril Blades. Met at the Gold Gala. Friends with Odile. Has special armor for crushing melons.
♦ Estellise Levesque A generous herbalist and kind-hearted conjurer, Jancis met Estellise after watching a dare-drinking contest. The elezen is a compassionate soul that Jancis loves to listen to and hopes to learn more about the landscape with.
♦ Eva Zelorius - Priestess who performed a parable at the pilgrimage for Nophica and Nymeia. Serpent Healer. Eva the Dutiful
♦ Evangeline Primrose - Citizen of Ul'dah. Hears about from Cici time to time. Thought Deceased
♦ Evariste Garnier - Messenger from Coerthas. Made Jancis' pregnancy underwhelming and ignored. She knows the man's name, and to no fault of his own he's the first 'proof' her doubts in ties to the family were low priority.
♦ Faezbhar Rysswilf - Healer in Coral Sea. Boisterous and funny. Helped on the trip to find a aether-friendly fungus up in Coerthas.
♦ Faolan Donne - Maelstrom. The Reaper's Bane
♦ Faye Covington - Saint of the Harbingers. Learned more about healing and body/mind wounds under her branch. Beloved of Val.
♦ Febriel De'drine - Known from previous FC. Never spoke. Recognized by face only.
♦ Felix Cyprus Former gladiator and meditative duskwight. Carina's trainer. Met meditating on the coast of La Noscea.
♦ Fhiliht Merlhaemrwyn - Lady friend of Savana. Met at the Challenge of the Traders.
♦ Finnia Aurifort - Arcanist in Coral Sea. One of the company's best healers. Has a glass eye. Had a dream 'image' of her mother.
♦ Fio Arasgain - Met at Grindstone. Beautiful Face. Arrow Joke. He assists Cici with dangerous mission that Jancis is appreciative for. Owes dinner. Jancis is very confused after Fio's behavior to another miqo'te she does not know the name of, particular when she tried to move in and support Fio against the creepy man. Deceased
♦ Fiona Delaine - A witch from Ishgard. Kind friend to Jancis. Helped find the Re-Kindled crystal. Made a spriggan friend Figgy. Knows songs and lore from older ages and can sing. Has shared many candid parts of her history with Jancis including her self-imposed "curse" and attrocities from the inquisition.
♦ Flora Valerian - Kin of Barengar. Child of Ala Mhigans. Sweet and stuttering nature. Likes tea. Jancis has a trading card of her hostess persona 'Eden'[Card]. Escorted Jancis to Little Ala Mhigo to buffer the reception with the locals. Attended her bonding pilgrimage to Ghalleon and gave her a handmade set of clay dishes. Helped rescue Barengar and Windshadow by tracking down Garrett's workshop and fighting off thralls. Visited during Menphina's "Celebration & Challenge"
♦ Flynt Reddard - Overseer at the Grindstone.
♦ Frederique Sombremont - Kind elezen met at Twelve Oak's Book Club.
♦ G'lahs Tia - Sailor in the Coral Sea. Does a lot of manufacturing and trading.
♦ Gaelle Favagenieur - Lady of House De'bayle. Knows about firearms. Close to Lucius. Aided with the Re-Kindle.
♦ Garryson Shipkeeper - Spoke at the pilgrimage to Nald'thal. Large group of friends.
♦ Gelfradus Greywolfe - NPC. Lost Soul from Aeon storyline that was set free after a broken mask was brought together.
♦ Ghalleon Helseth - Husband of Flora Valerian. Wears robes. Long blonde hair with glasses. Very awkward in an approachable way. Nervous around other Ala Mhigans other than his wife. Has an elezen sister that's close to him. Reveres the Traders. Helped with the Re-kindled Crystal Sanctuary. Spoke at the Challenge of the Traders and others, hosting the Menphina Challenge and taking offense to Jancis' unorthodox demeanor and painful subject matter.
♦ Gharen Wolfsong - Met at Grindstone with Hornet. Was fiance of Hornet. Older brother of Roen.
♦ Giselle Friloux - Archer in the Coral Sea.
♦ Guillaume Rigolant - Former Coral Sea. Warrior with questionable mental capacity. Blunt and crude. Very nice to Jancis. Does not take care of wounds or bathe regularly. Gave her a yellow stone (that he stole from Annie). [Guil and Jancis together at home.]
♦ Gunduin Banedriver - Brother of Y'zhara. Alchemist, archeologist, and therapist. Has many heartaches and very at ease with physical contact. Offered to assist with Jancis' wounds. At Chachanji's Nameday surprise party.
♦ Gus Pumpkinweed - Cafe Properitier.No Name.
♦ Gwannes Oskwell - Friend of Nathaniel. Likes green. Lancer and woodsy. Has freckles and is awkward. Has pet cat Bully rare calico male. Got to kiss Baeyl's nose to fix it after he elbowed her. Bid and won the chance at a auction (Jancis will call it fundraiser) to hunt with. Ended up having a picnic to lure the Albino Date Auction Cactaur along with Baeyl and Denz. Aided in hunting a cult, blowing up one of their fronts. Likes omelettes. Gave her poison to drink at Starlight. Helped Lucaell with family history.
♦ Gwayne Highwind - Associate of Jayne Avery; there the night he got shot. Name Unknown
♦ Gwendoline - NPC. Voidsent succubus that has marked Jancis. Hops from host to host. Plaguing the Coral Sea with marking others and caught up with a cult that killed people for their aether.
♦ Gyosei Tsuwamono - Met in Ul'dah. spoke about his trip to Eorzea.
♦ Ha'uruh Nunh - Friend of Sir Castille. Fighter at Grindstone. Refuses proper healing.
♦ Hannah Castille - Overseer at the Grindstone.
♦ Harper Brightwind - Arcanist in Coral Sea. Obsessed with carbuncles.
♦ Hassan Pakravan - Immortal Flame. Hassan the Desertaxe
♦ Hnaba Jinjahl - Former Coral Sea. Deranged mage that kidnapped L'aenoh and nearly killed him. Only tells lies. Will not say name. Slain by L'aenoh for crimes. Deceased.
♦ I'tsu Fhuz - Lady of the Coral Sea. Part of the slave setup for Chuch's mother. Wears a lot of pink. Speaks well and is a powerful healer. Assisted in saving Memeli from the Phoenix. Helped save A'malria from the voidsent corruption.
♦ Ignera Arbell - Lady of Agent from Ishgard. Very candid. Hosted auctions for both Berrod and Nathaniel. Friends with Carina.
♦ Ikuri Aratani - Archer in the Coral Sea. Has odd eating habits. [Dinner in his quarters]
♦ Ingrid Lachance - Highlander Lady that owns a hotel in the East. Met at a Palazzo event.
♦ Integra Coiter - Curious sun zealot. Ala Mhigan from a cultist monastery with a flair for selling properties and serving Ul'dahn business. Loves gold. Loves the sun. Has a powerful aether ability. Enjoys philosophical discussions. Asks about Jancis' devotion to Barengar nearly every time they meet up.
♦ Iriel Bell - Older miqo'te scholar. Smokes constantly.
♦ Isla Sahb - Priestess of Nald'thal. Met at the blessing of the Matron's Reach. Knows Nathaniel.
♦ J'maaira Tuhl - Harbinger and part of the Martial Branch. Met while trying to help with Lynx.
♦ J'nangho Jhimei - Fortune Teller in the Coral Sea. Noticed odd behavior at Leanne's party from Oscare.
♦ Jacline Kerelle - A 'lowborn' that's something of a streetrat with street smarts. Met in House De'bayle. Owes Hestia something. Close to Cinnabar. Helped with the Re-Kindle. Has a horrible father that has used her for aetheric energy. Elezen form changed after a large battle with him.
♦ Jajara Jara - Coral. Part of slave setup for Chuch's mother. Protective over.
♦ Jaques Guillaume - Tall elezen who guarded the pilgrimage. Kind face towards Lord Vaughn. Met up with at random weddings and was given a tour of the Phoenix Rose training hall. Man helps liberate and rehabilitate slaves found within the Jewel. Went to Coerthas with to gather supplies and injured shoulder in Keep ruins. Aged Rumor "Guarded at one of her pilgrimages. Overfond of titles. Don't know much about her."
♦ Jayne Avery - Bastard child of a noble house in Ul'dah; product of rape noble mother. Shadow knight that rough houses and helps out the poverty. Usually has a bruised face. Helped out Jancis with fighting. Fighting a questionable stepfather for the family title and also for the welfare of his mother and sister. Shot at a masquerade party and clinging to life. Said “Having a hard life isn’t an excuse to treat people poorly.”
♦ Jhur Banecruth - Quiet fighter in Coral. Has a habit of widdling wood into figurines. The two talk time-to-time, Jancis finding his shy and quiet nature something humorous and easy to relate to. Has a wooden squirrel made by the man after their talk when they first met. Deceased [Jancis and Jhur]
♦ John Gallaf - Fighter at Grindstone. Speaks in humor and charming words.
♦ John Waterstrike - Arcanist. Jancis met off and on at her volunteering at the Grindstone. Has the ability to see visions and travel into another's mind with his touch. Very shy and reserved becasue of it. Assisted in healing Chachanji's team after recovering Gogenji. Spoke for awhile at the Grindstone about self sacrifice. Writes time to time.
♦ Joikan Leisthelm - Knight of House De'bayle. Met at knighting ceremony where he was knighted as well. Wears bright white formal armor.
♦ Jonathan Grayve - Husband to Ciel. Attended bonding ceremony. Known for his humorous comments at pilgrimages when accompanying the lady.
♦ Jophoix Suinuet - Duskwight of a caring and nervous nature. Tried to protect from the Lotus' Jester.
♦ Jubal Satele - Lancer, previously in Coral. Lost his parents and is tracking their murder. Quiet, kind, collected man. Came to help deal with the buffalo loose in Summerford.
♦ Judge Jredthys - Overseer at the Grindstone. Has a booming voice.
♦ Kage Kiryuu - Fighter. Close to Ilwe'ran.
♦ Kaguya Nightsong - Close friend of Barengar and Sen. Lost part of her horn to an infection that Jancis cleaned out in the Sea of Clouds. Thought to have been Barengar's lover, but no longer; got drunk and asked Jancis to promise to take care of him. Oversees at the Grindstone. Real name unknown.
♦ Kahn'a Ohditra - Archer. Met on zombie invasion of Ul'dah. Capable fighter that fended off zombies that came at her.
♦ Kanaria Galanodel - Lady of the Dauntless. Bonded to Osric Melkire.
♦ Kaito Nagano - Met and danced with in company at the Bell Charity Ball. Name unknown
♦ Karima Hawayek - Friendly Immortal Blade. Karima the Diligent
♦ Katalie Mindena - Helper at Chachanji's surprise party. Name unknown
♦ Kaylie Epocan - A swordswoman formerly Coral Sea, Jancis met along with others particularly when the miqo'te was furious at Alveo. Noticing her quick remarks and defensive mannerism as well as the tender and soft-spoken attachment Kaylie has to the other members of the company, Jancis has taken a liking to the woman. Gave Jancis a stuffed bear in a blue robe "Jannybear".
♦ Kayllen Stormbringer - Agent. Attended his wedding to Sojiana. Knightly figure in blue armor.
♦ Kegashiyo Thoth - Immortal Flame. Magick User. Kegashiyo the Everburning
♦ Kenta Roussos - NPC. Carina's father, relationship strained for his lack of involvement in her childhood. From the far east. Met at a cultural tea ceremony in Carina's home.
♦ Keroa Mosuke - Masked miqo'te that makes Jancis feel comfortable to be around. Met through Ilwe'ran and Carina after her hospitality to them. Had dinner with at Ilwe'ran's house.
♦ Kestlona Guhtgeiswyn - Redwing, seen on pilgrimages. Has a little chocobo.
♦ Khaidai Kha - Maelstrom. Khaidai of the Fearless Offering
♦ Khaisan Tumet - Quiet au ra. Met at Agent's Hall as Jancis told a story. Spoke of training with his father, the difficulty, and the strength of surviving in the wild.
♦ Khenbish Mol - Shaman of the Mol. Elderly man who works with herbs and other medicines. Has sad eyes and an amulet he'll often touch.
♦ Khira Lhizahla - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Kida Dhano - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Kiera Hawkeye - Hostess of the summer Melon Crushing contest. Miss Eorzea 2017.
♦ Kiht Jakkya - Matron of Keepers in the Twelveswood. Met at the eclipse miqo'te event for Z'enath. Close to Roen. Met up with briefly at Thaliak's stone talking about the burdens of leadership and letting go of past pains.[Scene] Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding.
♦ Klynestyn Ketteram - At Flora & Ghalleon's bonding. Name unknown.
♦ Koporo Aporo - Spoke at Althyk Ceremony. Threw sword away at Sworn test. Yelled at Memeli.
♦ Kyuu'sae Yuusatu - Healed at the Grindstone.
♦ L'vi Lyrre - Former Coral Sea. Knows Sylas. Use to be in a cult.
♦ Laurentoix Beaujolais - Immortal Flame. The Northern Herald
♦ Lawrence Wallace - Knight that aids House De'bayle. Wields a greatsword.
♦ Lehsohmarrn - NPC from Cave of Wonders. A silver-hued dragon."As Midgardsormr came to Hydaelyn with the clutch of the First Brood. The shells cracking under the foriegn sun. And in this the air did draw breath and give into draconic epoch. As did Ratatoskr, to Comradkr, to Solmkarikr, by Denzelerrn, to I, Lehsohmarrn. The Promised Land has risen anew." Thinks of Denz as a mother figure. Learning in Dravania.
♦ Leilani Leilai - Member of the Coral Sea with a bright and happy nature. Great cook. Might be related to a certain Goblin King. Held a pie swap event where Jancis got paired up with Ja'ren. Shared Wish Cake and other special blessing treats for her nameday celebration. [Scene]
♦ Lendroit Varigeant - Hired hand in House De'bayle. Missing some fingers. Met during the betrayal in Ala Mhigo.
♦ Leodaire Beltardois - Friend of Tiergan. Assisted in the raid and recovery of Caen from the slavers. Has a sassy mouth and a real flair for clothing. Name unknown
♦ Leodaire Trevanchet - Elezen friend of House De'bayle. Joined minonette games on beach.
♦ Leon Valerion - Mage with an affinity for controlling the void. Uses gems and crystals regularly. Met at the Grindstone while healing together. Escorted Jancis at the Agent fundraiser auction suggesting who to bid on. Helped make a counterspell crystal. Obsessed with the Magi War and exploring the covered ruins from it. Has an easy way of lying that makes Jancis uncomfortable. Also Leon Azarias.
♦ Lewenhart Swiftstep - NPC from Setting the Standard. Ala Mhigan. Works with Griffins. Spear-wielding arcanist.
♦ Lidhja Zhwan - Miqo'te that knows R'lexia and Finecia. Green hair.
♦ Lilithium Rinannis - Hyur lady and mother. Former Coral. Spoke at the pilgrimage to Menphina.
♦ Lionnet Blodoint - Cleric at House De'bayle. Met in the chapel.
♦ Lorentz Rivers - Swordsman from Ul'dah. Has a small place in the Goblet. Met Jancis while she was doing the canary ruse promotion to find Caen. Very kind and showed interest in Jancis, discouraged after Shinjo approached.
♦ Loronus Deatro - Bartender. Friend of Reginald. Met at the induction ceremony. Invited to his bonding ceremony. Knows X'kohu.
♦ Lottie Forsaidh - Bard and Agent. Performed at the Thaliak, Llymlaen, and Oschon pilgrimage. Friend of Nathan and Oscare. Wants to have a picnic together.
♦ Lucaell Townsend - Bard. Was Tareth'eian. Met at the watermelon crushing contest. Knows Barengar and about Deadeye and the aetheric garnet. Called Barengar "Lady Killer, Literally" Sang at the Celebration of Autumn Stars. Complimented Jancis on wearing pink. Rumored to be daft and usually looks blank. Invited to the Forgotten Stage, where she sang many songs and got drunk. Helped rescue Barengar and Windshadow though had trouble in combat. Gifted Jancis a pot of flowers. Found out the fate and legacy of her mother with friends on an isle of Vlybrand.
♦ Lucerna Sainahs - Healer at the Grindstone.
♦ Lucky Mewrilah - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Lurial Vashir - Kin of Tiergan.
♦ Lucius Giuscareaux - Knight from Ishgard and part of House De'bayle. Dealing with his brother who is hellbent on restoring power to his house and the Dragonsong War. Has a sister. Aided in the Re-Kindle.
♦ Lyriah Karnelle - Immortal Flame. Close to Navei. Lover to Alleria. Met on Alleria and Basile's knight test. Helped search for the Black Mantle. Lyriah Trueheart
♦ Madison Brookstone - Lady met at a Crescent event. Basile's love interest.
♦ Madje Sahashin - Bard, the Black Magpie. Sang a telegram song for Barengar. [Song Log] [Song Lyrics]
♦ Magma Dancer - Charismatic roegadyn baretender and performer.
♦ Makyn Loneseeker - Swordsman. Met during the tour of Upper La Noscea and at the Grindstone. Walked home with injuries to the Kinship Hall [Scene]. Ended up walking to the inn in Gridania after the Bacchus Shots Competition. [Scene]
♦ Malai Takahashi - Nice man with a lilting voice and big smile. Met at Twelve Oak's Book Club.
♦ Mandrag Gannon - Maelstrom. Mandrag the Intrepid
♦ Marcellain Chevallier - Bard seen at shows performing and heading telegrams.
♦ Maril Hawker - Healer. Manages the Matron's Reach clinics. Met at the Matron's Wish Charity Party. Sang "Witch Doctor" to her as a singing Starlight telegram.
♦ Martel Zero - Brother of Fin. Something of an gentleman and refinement.
♦ Matthrian Gothmyr - Lancer. Seen at the Grindstone. Connected to Brianna. Healed nasty chest wounds from axe cleave.
♦ Melfice Vainchelon - Known only by name and former company association. Unknown that he was the assailant that nearly slew her in La Noscea outside of Mist.
♦ Menelwen Veara Scout master. Fought along side with Captain Dogberry on some of his primal control crusades.
♦ Mialee Moonbrook - Duskwight woman met in Nathaniel's manor.
♦ Mikh'a Korofi - Leader and healer of the Dauntless. Jancis met the man formally while he assisted to guard the pilgrimage to Thaliak's stone. Likes cookies a lot. Very thoughtful and sweet look. Likes books and compliments Jancis' eloquent nature.
♦ Mikha Sunthistle - Vibrant young archer. Met around the Mist then again at Agents in the Goblet. Gave a compress for his shoulder after a keeper landed on him. Talkative and quick to help.
♦ Mimiko Miyuki - Bard. Known from former company. S'honji's sister. Warm and friendly, but easy to scare.
♦ Montresoix Baudelaire - Coral Sea. Elderly elezen gentleman.
♦ Mylene Wharf - Limsa local. Known through random encounter Alveo set up. Polite shy woman. Name not remembered.
♦ Naja Aliapoh - Gunduin's love. Met at Chachanji's nameday surprise party.
♦ Nako'li Chalahko - Merchant and caster of the Red Wings. Has a fake eye. Gets annoyed at Jancis' use of titles.
♦ Nananomi Nomi - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Natalie Mcbeef - Late colleague of Cici. Takes a lot of damage at the Grindstone. Sassy and speaks freely. Met in person in Limsa. Had run in with at a warehouse in Moraby Bay where an assault occured under her command leading to the destruction of the building and her own death.
♦ Navei Asue - Met at Alleria and Basile knighting training. Close to Lyriah. Received massive near fatal wounds in Gyr Albania. Missing in Action. Sent a letter thanking Jancis for saving him. Navei the Uncapitulating
♦ Niklas Gran - Deceased Knight. Dressed corpse for burial.
♦ Nixa Shaana - Fighter in Coral Sea.
♦ Nonika Noki - Fighter in Coral Sea. Smarter than average lalafel and not easily drawn by snacks.
♦ Nonope Nope - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Nonotome Tototome - Priest of Nald'thal. Quiet lalafel man who likes to stand and give blunt answers.
♦ Nuarmac De'bayle - NPC. Eldest De'bayle. Uncle of Denz. Hermit with eyes of pain. Has pure aether magic and conducts a lot of the family magic bonds. Lives in the ruins of the De'bayle Manor with Jadea. Nursed Denz back to health after the ritual to purge the dark aether. Jancis struggles with the pain of being unwanted by the man while also trying to make him feel less isolated and reunite him with his family. Calls her Janice and can't see her easily. Brought him food from the Far East to keep a promise to visit him without wanting a boon. "Uncle"
♦ O'jirho Tia - Harbinger, Martial Branch. Met at Nymeia's pilgrimage, where he was disappointed how peaceful it was. Blind.
♦ Odette Saoirse - Bard. Sang a song about Jancis from the Flame Festival naming her Pie-Bane. Sang at the Celebration of Autumn Stars. Sang at the Grand Company Alliance Rally in Ishgard.
♦ Odile Delacroix - Hostess and organizer of the Sea Breeze Bazaar. Captain in the Mythril Blades for mercenary assignments. Assisted her in cleansing cultist corpses of corrupted Dalamud aether. Has a bum leg from an aevis attack. Helps with hosting events funded by Nathaniel.
♦ Ojene Suinuet - Lady in the Link that wounded Jancis. Close to Sylb. Joined at Second Grand Melee. Had apology dinner.
♦ Oki Qualli - Flirty au ra. Met in the Quicksand with Val while she was trying to gain his affection.
♦ Oleandre Torchier - Bard and leader of Palazzo Aldenard. Performed at the Biota Masquerade singing of phantoms.
♦ Orenji Kharn - Captain and possible pirate. Trained Denz and Armont during their early days in Eorzea. Apparently has a bounty in Ishgard. Met at the Matron's Wish charity party. Likes tea. At the gold Shirogane party where he encouraged Denz to visit again. Got badly wounded in a pirate camp while helping Lucaell.
♦ Orrin Halgren - Temple Knight. Orrin of the Stout Banner
♦ Osmund Garrett - A horrendous man who tortures victims mindless and makes them into thralls controled by garnet runes. Ambushed Barengar and also Jancis believes the man to cause years of turmoil to Engelbert (whom Jancis believes is Bertram). Too disgusted with the man to call on by name.
♦ Oyun Ilydena - Chef and hostess of Saika. Hosted Chachanji's surprise party.
♦ P'kohta Tia - Tribal Seeker and fist figher. Hates clothing. Helpful and listens.
♦ Percelle Charlemend - Lady Elezen and friend of Guillemont. Met on many occassions with the De'bayle family. Went swimming in the Shroud at Carina's bonding celebration party.
♦ Pflaume Wein - Lady of Coral Sea. Goes by the nickname "Plum". Loves anything purple.
♦ Ploknox - NPC. Goblin. Met at Azemya's stone with Aeron.
♦ Popolan Lililan - Daggerman of Coral Sea. Mischievious and quiet. Likes snacks. Name unknown.
♦ Popomi Pomi - Memeli's younger sister. Shy and quiet, very reserved compared. Gets pushed into doing things by Memeli.
♦ Q'nagali Yehn - Fist Fighter in Coral Sea. Helped saved L'aenoh. Friend of Guil. Former tribal miqo'te. Promised to go cliff climbing with. "Lady Naga"
♦ Qhora Bajihri - Quiet and curious lady. Gave a great scare at the Hallows Eve party. Friends with the former Grindstone overseer.
♦ Quarcy Questant - Member of House De'bayle. Has a dim library. Met the night Killian got his mark. Hemlock orphan.
♦ Quentin Roseaux - Coral Sea. Tall elezen man with a opo.
♦ R'ostam Tia - Quiet Seeker of Coral. Enjoys books about ships and the ocean.
♦ R'sass Thras - Lancer of Coral.
♦ R'tashana Hhaig - Protege of Vaughn. Pilgrim at Althyk. Name unknown.
♦ Raphael Delarue - Ishgardian Knight. Works with Nathaniel. Likes peaches. Asked about hearing the Twelve.
♦ Rageant Lacordaire - Mysterious swordsman that knows Hestia and aids House De'bayle. Abandoned the group on the Re-Kindle.
♦ Raging Behemoth - Sir Evan's mentor and trainer. Took him in for his debt with Gridania. Strong tall older man full of pride and wisdom. Jancis met at the Coliseum while Zachary was missing in the void.
♦ Raik Samil - Champion of the Grindstone. Leanne's friend. [Raik at Grindstone]
♦ Raisan Arcmantle - Saint of the Harbingers that handles the bar night and entertainment as well as crafting.
♦ Reika - Friend of Chachanji from Doma. Grew up on a farm. Interested in herbal medicine.
♦ Reiner Dorn - High Standing citizen from Ala Mhigo. Known through the Grindstone. Attended his bonding to Elear. [Album]
♦ Remioux Beauvais - Elegant elezen man. Sat next to and met at the Show of Sugar & Spice. Attended his bonding to Tieve.
♦ Revilo Bluesummers - Met at Levinfist Tournament.
♦ Rhea Zaheela - Business woman in the Goblet. Met briefly at Meli Day talking about her associates and house damages.
♦ Rikoh Zhys - Competitor at the Grindstone. Carried to the rock by Berrod from the bridge. Associated with Jadoth and friends.
♦ Rinh Panipahr - Maelstrom. The Dauntless Tide
♦ Rinhilda Stonebreaker - Colleague of Coral Sea. Straight forward and asks questions. Dressed by Otto Vann once, "Shipbreaker"
♦ Rolling Stone - Large roegadyn who is a mercenary for hire and follows orders. Met with the Fractured Man at him eyeing up Jancis' legs before Vaega stepped in. Protective of his smaller friends. "Lord Big Baby"
♦ Roysia Stone - Bounty hunter in Ul'dah. Was close to Leanne, causing the bard a lot of pain. No name spoken.
♦ Rurutekki Okoktekki - Lalafel in the Coral Sea. Met on Story Night, clung to Jancis' leg while she made him a snack and got him a place to sleep.
♦ Ryanti Veanysus - Half-Hyur Half-Keeper. Knows Sounsyy and Barengar. Met at Rhalgr Event. Knee injury revealed a curious magic inside his body where the memories and actions of ancient folk use him as a host. Called Jancis "precious". Barengar doesn't like him - another pluck. Met at the Grand melee "Never change, Jancis"
♦ Rynella D'moranth - Librarian and leader of the Book Club leader at Twelve Oak's.
♦ S'hayla Riki - Kind woman met at Twelve Oak's Book Club.
♦ S'honji "Hayakawa" Nunh - Former Saint of Harbingers. Acquaintance rogue.
♦ S'imba Tia - Seen around Quicksand frequently. Part of the group that confronted Tausen with Fabala. Name unknown.
♦ Sadie Mercer - Met at the Grindstone. Makes cloth for furniture.
♦ Saelsria Grumble - Polite Hell Guard with a stutter. Met at the Agent Hall. Runestone meetup on his outing from the fundraiser. Listened to Jancis tell a story.
♦ Sairen Collier - Lady of Coral Sea. Made a pie for Leilai.
♦ Samael Bernon - Knight of House De'bayle. Met on patrol.
♦ Sasasori Kokosori - Coral Sea. Brother of Jajara.
♦ Sarij Rahzersyn - Met at Agent fundraiser. Knows the Agron brothers. Name unknown.
♦ Sasha Rochester - Researcher of Coral Sea.
♦ Savo Kesslivang - Bard known for her emotional songs. Scene at shows an on a miner stage in Thanalan.
♦ Scott Parker - NPC. Villian in Jancis' main story line. One of the high ranking members of the Ruby Shadow and one of the wielders of an aetheric lifestream blade. Cut Jancis after ambushing her. Met with Barengar and barely escaped from his own trap with the Ala Mhigan. Vicious and uses people for power and wealth. Name unsaid.
♦ Set Kattalakis - Keeper from Ul'dah. Has a fake arm. Healed at the Grindstone. Let nose set crooked and had to reset.
♦ Shas Tarry - Sultansworn. Older wiser woman.
♦ Shinjo Dawnedge - Knight in Coral. Older wiser man that will quote books and other scripture which Jancis is very impressed by. Hates being called Lord. Very strict in the conduct he allows himself. Entrusted a portrait to Jancis of the Sultana. Helped save A'malria from a voidsent trying to possess her.
♦ Shino Akihiko - Immortal Flame. Shino the Silent
♦ Shirayuri Toriko - Record Keeper for House De'bayle. From the Far East. Plays the shamisen. Nervous and stutters.
♦ Sigberta Quilcover - NPC from Setting the Standard. Old Ala Mhigan woman that was an egg handler for the griffin Calvary. Shaman. Passed away after the liberation of Ala Mhigo.
♦ Siha Xinkei - Keeper that is Erik's 'sister'. Dauntless. Zachary's interest based from Erik's words. Met at the eclipse event for miqo'tes.
♦ Siovant Parlemaix - Squire to House De'bayle. Met at the knighting of Alleria and Basile. Writes with a silver pen. Serpent. Siovant the Implacable. Briefly married to Adelise and wanted to fight Denz for her and to test his mettle. Met the elder De'bayle and heard of their history. Typically selfish though Jancis sees it as being protective over a hurt lover.
♦ Sister Fury - Maelstrom. Fury of the Ruby Shadow
♦ Solaire Stark - Gentle healer of astrological arts. Solaire of the Lone Star
♦ Soren Kha - Maelstrom. Soren Stormseye
♦ Sounsyy Mirke - Stoic fighter. Met at Nald'thal pilgrimage. Spoke at Llymlaen's pilgrimage sharing a story from history. At Grand Tournament of the Fury "I were given this as a token to give to one in the crowd. In the past ye’ve supported meh, I figured that yeh should keep it." Spoke at the Grand Company Alliance Rally on behalf of the Maelstrom.
♦ Solis Claritas - Swordsman. Friend of Aaron. Met and danced with Jancis a couple times at the Starlight Ball. Name means "Bright Sun". "Sol"
♦ Stefan Delumiere - Swordsman of the Coral Sea. Led the quest to find Chuch's mother.
♦ Subtle Raptor - Healer at the Grindstone.
♦ Suiren Waterflower - Rambunctious lady met on pilgrimage. Has a habit of hugging and giggling. "Lady Oka"
♦ Svana Heart - Strong savvy woman associated with House De'bayle. Helps Lucaell and friends. Hunted by Garleans.
♦ Swozbhar Rymmskyfsyn - Bartender at the Marton's Wish charity event and Shirogane housewarming. Very friendly. Name unknown.
♦ Syhrborg Glahzkeltsyn - Fought beside in the Gyr Abania liberation Rhalgr's Beacon.
♦ Sylas Peregrine - Swordsman met at Coral Sea. Strong confident and level-headed highlander who is a close friend of Tausen. Has a habit for eating bugs or trying bizarre pleasure techniques.
♦ Sylastair Wolfhart - Charismic man that dresses in gold. Works in many Crescent events. Danced with Jancis at "Disco Night".
♦ Sylbfohc Ostulmsym - Kind-spirited Captain in the Maelstrom. Joined at the Second Grand Melee. Holds parades in Limsa. Part of the apology dinner and Clandestine.
♦ Syrress Detilderan - Healer and lady of the Phoenix Rose. Pulled the lightning crystal shards out of Jancis' shoulder after being wounded while assisting Jaques. Continue to meet off and on.
♦ T'ahl Tia - Shy man with tabir pet. Met at Nald'thal pilgrimage. Dressed up like a woman for Saint's Wake.
♦ Tairyo - NPC in Going Going Kugane. A poor fisherman from Doma that got exiled to Kugane and tried to steal from Denz, making the man a retainer. Stayed with to settle him in a town in Doma with an old rice farmer.
♦ Telos - Mysterious 'man' that is tied to Teld're and Faolan. Little is known about him beyond the point he can only be reached in dreams.
♦ Teld're Eska'aldren - A curious man of arcane power that has interesting mood swings. Very vain about his appearance. Fixed his ear during a scuffle outside of the Agent's headquarters. Connected by a link to Staelufre and Faolan. Knows a mysterious man named 'Talos'. Knows a lot about metals and their properties, magical and non.
♦ Tellah Fortemps - Erik's father figure. Loves tea and telling stories about his ward.
♦ Terretha Nightsong - Healer at the Grindstone.
♦ Tetebino Hihibino - House De'bayle knight. Competes at the Grindstone.
♦ Thaarus Vithala - Highly educated elezen met via the Coral Sea. Nothing whack about it. Deceased
♦ Therron Basque - Cursed knight of Ishgard. Met through Carina who has been trying to help him with his aevis blood. Started to turn into one after a duel with Armont. Likes seagulls. Denz calls him "Basket".
♦ Threed Crowley - Kindly and giving healer of the Coral Sea. Companion of Frost. Knows a lot about tea and birds. Gets upset easily. Deceased
♦ Tieve Cadalelle - Lady of business. Met at the Show of Sugar & Spice. Attended her bonding to Remioux.
♦ Tiroro Roro - A musical bard and adventurer from a well-to-do family in Ul'dah. Good friend of Chachanji. Uses paint arrows at the Grindstone. Met at the Show of Sugar and Spice. Performed at Nathan's shows: Mad Love, Fortune. Attempted to heal burns on her back and shoulder when the woman's paperwork was not found by the Support Branch of Harbingers bringing much dismay to Jancis.
♦ Titor Jaraba - Doctor. Associated with the Red Wings. Met with Jezune's wounds. Weak ill man.
♦ Togy Brandmakt - Overseer at the Grindstone. Wears a mask.
♦ Trishelle Kimishima - Seen at Twelve Oaks Book Club.
♦ Tristram Greythorne - Elder Ala Mhigan that works with the Mythril Blade with a curious aether affinity; something of a shaman. Tends his own wounds. Got badly wounded after an attack from some aether-swollen cultists from a shard of Dalamud. Good with herbs. Gave Jancis wine. Failed to speak to him in a timely manner and got mocked when talking in Fringes, she tries to not bother him anymore.
♦ Tsubasa Ryunosuke - Midlander in the Coral Sea. Worked for Otto Vann. Deceased
♦ Tsun Kha - Poor aura magi. Common Tongue is difficult for her; struggles with language. Met at the Agent house looking for work in rags and had honey. ♦ Tuli Qualli - Energetic au ra who likes fighting. Met in the Quicksand with Val.
♦ Tyo'li Tayum - Eccentric Keeper. Met at the Agents Hall. Likes to wink. Curious about having a mask created as the Wailers use.
♦ Tyr Frostwyght - Tyr Skybinder
♦ Ulysses Derosiers - Knight of House De'bayle. Met in a mask at a Hallow's Eve masquerade, promised to dance if they met again. Oddly tall and strong for an elezen. From the Chocobo Forest. Helped Jancis with aether seals. Has a bear.
♦ Una'sae Viqqoh - Reserved Keeper of Coral Sea. Studies under Harper. Loves food.
♦ Una Poki - Lady of Coral Sea.
♦ Vaega Navarro - Beautiful model who enjoys physical pleasures. Known through the link with Tiergan. Finds comfort in for his positive manner and pure honest nature. Strong in martial arts.
♦ Vaerimont Lectoroix - Harbinger. Acquaintance with from pilgrimage guarding and Ladies Day. Name unknown.
♦ Valenor Ashmoon - Recruiting officer of Coral Sea. Old, confusing, and a womanizer.
♦ Valentinoix Thibault - Quiet man in the Coral Sea. Helped deal with cultists in the Twelveswood with Jancis. [Scene] Good hearing and wise.
♦ Valeriaux Marquaile - Steward and main Patron of Lower Spangledance Boarding House. Warm helpful and charismatic. Assisted in a Dalamud cultist problem by cleansing some of their corpses of the corrupted aether. A friend of Nathaniel who goes to many of his white list parties. Heard of Jancis' Kindled Crystal and assisted in hiring a group to retrieve shards of one of them from an underground lake in Coerthas. Knows things of arcane and crystal.
♦ Valirelia Ferox - Good-hearted swordswoman and adventurer. Connection from knowing Lady Tasa and other former Harbingers.
♦ Vallois Villeneuve - Guard mercenary employed with the Agents.
♦ Vanya Caladhiel - Long lost daughter of Erik that he didn't trust at first to be true. Lover of Gareth. Smart intelligent lady who has a quiet presence.
♦ Verad Bellveil - Peculiar elezen. Shot someone with a bow at the Grindstone. Sells questionable goods. Met at the trial for Hawk over Tane's murder; shared nuts.
♦ Verus Inanis - Hired hand to claire. Met at dessert.
♦ Vevekera Lelekera - Arcanist of House De'bayle. Ruthless and has little care of life. Part of a group on a bandit raid to recover Claire. Aided Guillemont after his capture by the Black Mantle.
♦ Vilsewaen Steinhoh - Odd older miqo'te grown up in roegadyn tradition. Comes by Still Shore with advice time to time.
♦ Von’ni Sayomi - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ W'chaza Theli - Met at Levinfist Tournament.
♦ Whran'a Mhakaracca - Nervous pilgrim at Althyk. Name unknown.
♦ Warren Castille - Free Paladin of Ul'dah. Champion of the Grindstone. Was the love of Cici. Humble and grateful. Usually found in a state of disrepair. Frostbite problem after searching through Coerthas alone. Poor standing after having a change of heart.
♦ West O'hteco - Stylish lady who is seen at many of the social events. Charismatic and always asks patrons to pose for pictures. Commissioned Jancis to create a stationary kit for her friend; but did not delivery until long after the requested date. Jancis refuses to accept payment for the delivery. [Description]
♦ Wyra Panipahr - Twin sister of Torora. Never apart.
♦ Wyra'li Polaali - "Lee". Emotional man who runs off or yells at a moment's notice. Overall caring. Possibly tortured and imprisoned previously. Met in Avenio's dream.
♦ Wyra'to Polaali - Level-headed man who is protective of his brothers and takes many leaps of faith. Met in Avenio's dream. Known for following and tripping to control his brother "Lee".
♦ Xehn’a Hmyr - At Flora & Ghalleon's bonding. Name unknown
♦ Xidh'a Zhorali - Coral. Arcanist. Got wounded looking for children for Derrick Darke. Name unknown
♦ Y'rhen Tia - Coral. Quiet Keeper that follows Memeli around and pays for things.
♦ Y'zhara Zekial - Chachanji's past love. Met when she was poisoned with slow acting lethal venom from a dart. Held surprise nameday party for Chachanji. Shared a conversation on how to deal with meeting Chachanji's racist father for Starlight. Hosted Heavensturn Eve party where announced engagement to Chachanji. Part of the WYND music group. Held a Friendship Festival. Joined on a trip to Doma, sang a duet with aboard a cargo ship. Accused Jancis and Denz of being slave drivers.
♦ Yangh Linh - Free-roaming Keeper. Priestess. Strong accent. Met at Grindstone with Lady Leanne. Name unknown.
♦ Yishusen Mol - Company mate, quiet but approachable. Friend of Flower and Barengar that introduced Jancis to the couple. "Sen"
♦ Yurei Saionji - Associate of Nathaniel. Wears bells.
♦ Zaius Rhal'seer - Fighter berserker in Coral Sea. Very close to Sir Vashir. Met the man the first time being outbid for Tiergan on an auction for a hefty fee. Refused healing from and likes to fight. [Zaius in Goblet]. Went ahead to help free Caen from slavers.
♦ Zalina Chauntese - Sir Ceonix's lady. Has pink hair. Met at the Bell Charity Ball.
♦ Zaphir Zurlac - Attended Flora & Ghalleon’s Bonding. Name unknown
♦ Zhen Malraj - Lady of the Coral Sea. Very shy and hides her face. Loves muffins.
♦ Zike Lancean - Knight in House De'bayle. Helped with the Re-kindled Sanctuary. Usually gives Jancis rides and treats her as a noble. Found the draconic smith in Dravania
♦ Zularti Vensar - Figurehead of Harbingers. Jancis use to serve for him. Childish crazy manner. Believed to be cursed. Deceased
- (Gridania local only) "I use to see her around running errands and cleaning. Real quiet and kept to herself. She wore a mask, too. She's back around."
- "A real talent with conjuring. Didn't she only join after the Calamity? Doesn't look the type to have a tutor."
- "I see her running around with toys and things for tots. She has one of her own now I saw."
- (La Noscea area) "She comes 'round th' farm 'n checks in with everyone. Got 'er Cherries on. Pleasant."
- "I see her out by th' cliffside, all throwin' 'er rocks and lots of wicked stuff. Always bloody trainin' after 'er shift. Then she just sits there!"
- "Don't be daft! She's the Orator! I got ta see the Destroyer's stone thanks to everyone travellin' togeth'r. Made me feel not so abandoned by 'Em, ya know?"
- "Okay I didn't say this, but sometimes I see her sitting and moving around like she's talking, but she doesn't say anything. Just moving her hands and face around in some inner conversation. I think she talks to herself."
- "Short girl with the dark hair? She checks in with the Brume and helps with injuries time to time."
- "I-I-I I got attacked by a morbol. We were just havin' fun, ya know? but then this morbol came and I don't remember much. They said I was all pale and... and... she came with this antidote. People said she made it herself. She's like half morbol."
- "That midlander. Indeed, she has been about. Who could miss her throwing titles without any regard to their purpose. Shame the De'bayle lad couldn't teach her some manners."
- "She has some crystal. I swear it was hummin'!"
- "Her daughter is beautiful and so well behaved."
- "The best thing that's happened to me. I'll do my best to keep her strong." - Oscare Iono
- "My friends kept telling me that I had to meet her, and now that I have I can tell why! She's fun and sweet; I hope she comes around the Quick Sand more often!" - Aya Foxheart
- "Haven't seen that babyface guy around her lately. Too bad I'm otherwise engaged. The nice ones are always a lot of fun." - Augustine Frost
- "Jancis? Returned a letter to her once and she has some amazing talent when it comes to cooking! Send the lovely girl my regards." - Xydane Vale
- "My dear friend Jancis, she is like a sister to me. Would that I had more time to spend with her..." - Coatleque Crofte
- "Ah! The pretty woman who hosted the pilgrimage. Yes, she seems a kind sort. Definitely someone worth knowing." - Vaughn Antain
- "She fixed my arm up, didn't deserve it but she did. . . I owe her. She and Otto watch out for me a lot." - Aaron Frostheart
- "There's no one kinder, or more welcoming. I imagine her friends hold her close and dear." - Aya Foxheart
- "There's nothing I can tell you about her that you haven't heard thousands of times before. She -is- kind, the very picture of generosity. There's definitely a special place for her in the Heavens when her time comes...but, well, I think something from her past is haunting her. Something we have in common..." - Zachary Evans
- "Miss Milburga is a very kind woman, I noticed it the first time I saw her. I regret not getting to know her better in the past. If she needs me, she has but to ask." - Lan Darklyn
- "At a celebration full of Moon-keepers and Sun-seekers, that Hyur woman appeared out of nowhere. She was as friendly as she was mysterious. I would not mind meeting her again one dusk." -Kiht Jakkya
- "She was very friendly and very helpful, even, prior to the pilgrimage of Halone! I wonder if I'll ever meet her again so as to get to know her more..." - Alexander Gomez
- "Beautiful, charming and from what I hear, quite influential. I do admire her in that fashion; she would make a good servant leader, should she so choose." - Berrod Armstrong
- "Solkeim, to mean the Blessed Violet. Gentle and adoring, so soft beneath within the canopy of the woodlands. She is graceful and elegant, as all flowers are. Yet she is blessed. Gifted. By the Twelve, she hales against any storm weathered and any grievance given. There is strength within such a rare flower that can grow against contention. She is one of them." - Staelufre Lysmerl
- "Milly's prolly one'f th'kindest girls I know. Idunno how else t'describe 'er. She's all proper an' stuff, too--always offerin' t'help me learn things what I ain' learned an' all that. F'there was anyone in this world good things should be happenin' to, s'her." - Val Nunh
- "She recently stepped up to assist us in an endeavor at the Rose and in the process was injured. However she gave no complaint and stayed until the task was completed. I have nothing but respect for her." - Jaques Guillaume
- Brightens up instantly at the mention of her name. "Ah! Yes. Lady Jancis is.. Beautiful and kind. And very generous with her time, skills and knowledge. I hope she is taking care of herself and that she'll ask if she every needs -anything.-" - Ojune Wajune
- "Should Lady Jancis need help, she only has to ask, for her grace is a rare one. The kind worth protecting." - Kahn'a Od'hilkas
- "Gentle woman of faith, and surely one of the sweetest people one could ever meet. I am ever grateful for her presence and the light she brings." - Ciel Wulfe
- "Outta all th' folkses in Coralhaus, I think she's th' one that gets me th' most. If'n I have a pro'lem, I know I can always go ta Ms. Jancis fer halp. 'n I know I'd do th' same fer her." - Chachanji Gegenji
- "There is a gentle soul behind those eyes when they look into you. She has in her the greatest capacity for good I have ever seen. With strong ties to the Twelve, she does not allow it to rule her. She places the well being of all before herself. Truly remarkable." - Erik Mynhier
- "As true a friend as I've ever had. Not that I've had many." - Iskierka Stormspeaker
- "... She calls me Lady. No one calls me Lady. And when she turns away from me, I feel nostalgic... Why, I wonder?" Virara Wakuwa
- "I have only encountered her a few times, but each time I was met with kindness and generosity. Most recently she helped a woman she did not even know and tended to her as one would a close friend. I suspect she is a rare breed of unselfishness and humility that is too lacking in this world." - Roen Deneith
- "Mayhap were I to host some sort of party, I might ask of that raven-haired girl. A friend of Roen's, I think...? Whatever was her name? Excellent taste in drink, regardless. Most excellent." - Delial Grimsong
- "Miss Jancis, now well I've only met her twice, once in a shots competition and another when she had indirectly bought me. Let's see, she seems like quite the kind and understanding person, manifested when I tried to cut the jargon out of whatever the seven hells I was saying but she tried to understand anyway. Also she strikes me as a helpful person or at least very knowledgeable. I do hope she gets her money's worth out of me." - Kurt Steel
- "The Priestess. She offers healing services to those in need and occasionally goes above and beyond in her assistance. She is altruistic and prepares delicious treats to those who assist her. " - Lynx
- "Jancis is one of the kindest, sweetest women I've ever had the pleasure to know. But it feels like there are times where she doesn't see her own worth, or the fact she's not a tool to be used, but a person with hopes and dreams. I hope I can help her see these things, in time." Zachary Evans
- "Jan is always give love. She is happy with other people. She want them be safe and happy. It is very many feeling she give to other. She take care other people. But...who take care of Jan?" - Flickering Ember
- "Jancis... A kind-hearted woman who can bring the side one might think long dead back to the surface. Also respectful and caring even to those she has only just met, Eorzea would be a far better place if the lot of us could follow her example. - Asmodean Gaidin
- "She is that Hyur woman who oft appears like a spirit sent by the Twelve to show me that this land and its people are not so bad." -Kiht Jakkya
- "While I might deny it to her face, she helped me through many of my troubles. I should think it is my turn to return the favor in any way that I can." - Franz Renatus
- "Lady Jancis! She's so pretty always, plus, she knows all 'bout th'Twelve! You think she had lunch wiv'em too? That's alot o'lunches!" - Caen Jabari
- "Lady Jancis? There's so much I could say. She is truly a shining light in Eorzea, a beacon of hope for the lost, and those who've gone astray. I respect and admire her greatly, and urge any who've not had the pleasure of making her aquaintance to do so!"-Syrress Detilderan
- "Ain't got proper words fer it, but there's somethin' ta her. Quiet, attentive woman like her doesn't wind up servin' as a subtle pillar ta so many without harborin' somethin' different inside. Foolish as I think it, there ain't any denyin' it." - Barengar Armsbreaker
- "Forgiveness doesn't come easily to me, which is why I think I owe her such a debt. I've given her hundreds of thousands in gil and literally taken an arrow for her, and still feel this way... Honestly, it's beginning to bother me." - Jana Ridah
- "She is unique, in her grace. That she is patient with even me… Woe betide anyone that seeks to take advantage of her gentle heart." - Edda Eglantine
- "I've seen that man following after her recently. That mercenary. He'd better watch his hands if he wants to keep them. I'll not let her be hurt again." - Coatleque Crofte
- "I've only had t'pleasure of meetin' Lady Jancis on a few short occasions... well, in addition t'heraldin' her fortitude fer pie inhalation... but rest assured each an' every one of them were as much of a delight as she is." - Odette Saoirse
- "The more I hear of Miss Milburga's kindness, and the more I witness it, the more I wonder. Was it always like that? It feels that the woman, at times, has no will of her own, and truly is a perfect creature of the Gods. Sent only to do good--and nothing else. Eorzea might need characters such as her, but knowing if we deserve her is another matter. I pray she does what she loves, and loves what she does." - Nathaniel of Salem
- "Jancis is like the morning sky when the sun rises: warm, kind and unforgettable. Something that always makes ones heart sore to see once more." - Carina Roussos
- "She's one of the most... socially awkward Hyurs I've ever encountered? Nonetheless, she has a great heart to her and I feel she keeps my brother in line well enough..? Halone that must be a feat keeping him in line..." - Armont De'bayle
- "Jancis is someone special. She has a power and a presence that moves and inspires, and she is livin', breathin' proof that you can love someone dearly even if you see 'em once a moon, or jus' write letters back an' forth. I owe her so much, I wonder if she even knows..." - Berrod Armstrong
Jancis Milburga was born as Lleuedwyn Fishcot, daughter of a middle-class merchant family. The Fishcots were known for their ability to export fish and were a successful travelling merchants. Misfortune came upon them on a trade route in the northern part of the Twelveswood; their caravan was overrun by scouting soldiers looking for monks from Ala Mhigo.
The Rest of the family murdered in the heretic hunt, the toddler Lleuedwyn was left to die in the woods. The soldiers had not been far off, refugees from Ala Mhigo as supporters of the monks escaped before persecution had been near the caravan. Coming to salvage what was left, they found Lleuedwyn and kept her as an asset to survive. Hiding out in the dawn of war, they found a secluded cavern deep in the Shroud protected by the Elements and the Woodswrath because they were caring for a child of the woods.
The highlanders were known as "Guardian" and "Shaman Milburga". Lleuedwyn was referred to strictly as "Child" and taught basics of survival, given books, and even taken into close villages with a mask and large clothing. She was mostly secluded from interacting with others and learned most of what she knew in the world from books or overhearing her two "protectors". As she grew into adolescence Shaman Milburga began to teach the child how to feel and understand the elements; partly to continue their protected place in the woods but also as a means for the girl to take care of herself later on in life.
From one of the many books Jancis picked out her own name and became more restless with the lack of interaction that she had so often read about. Over time she became more aware of her situation, the fate of her parents, and a limited recollection that she was an orphan. She became more adventurous and gathered items from her 'secret outings'. Caught on several outings, Guardian decided their time was up in the seclusion and the war had left more refugees around Gridania.
In the wake of the Calamity and seeing an opportunity, Shaman Milburga gave Jancis some supplies with instructions to find the city and appeal to the generosity of the Conjurer's Guild. For about five years she worked for room and board at the Canopy while studying the art of conjuring.
Realm Reborn (2013-2015) Timeframe Show text
After having more formal training at the Fane. Jancis got assigned to tutor visiting guards and potentials for Ul'dah's Sultansworn. Feeling comfortable enough to travel outside of the Twelveswood and very curious about the world she's heard of, the conjurer took on journeyman status for the conjurers and be contracted out. She joined a group of harbingers located in Limsa and experienced her first love, prompting her to take on debt on his behalf, agreeing to pay it off through an 12-year enlistment into the Maelstrom.
Proving to be a poor sailor overall for rank and file, though still having skill as a medic, she's typically given odd jobs or missions that do not require a lot of pomp and circumstance. Her unsatisfactory work on papers and chain of command keep her as a Sergeant among the Maelstrom and in reserves.
Not seeing much battle within the corrupted crystal areas or Garleans, Jancis honed her skills and served dealing with smaller issues within the Maelstrom including slavers, training, settling land, and small primal outbursts.
Heavensward (2015-2017) Timeframe Show text
Seeing a lot of dispair and random attempts to restore faith, Jancis goes on to host a mass pilgrimage to the Twelve stones, earning the name Orator for gathering bards, story tellers, and faithful to speak at these "celebrations".
Her personal life takes a couple hits, coming to understand abandonment by her fiance. After meeting one of her first patients in Gridania, she gets tied up in a rogue group named the Ruby Shadow. Attacked by them, she continues to suffer under their hand whenever they believe they can hold sway on other powers through her influence.
Following her friends north to the newly opened gates in Coerthas, Jancis found herself caught up in the Dravanian war, serving as an emergency medic and making many connections with a minor house of Ishgard, she further assisted in the last battles of the thousand year war and scouting ventures in the tundra.
Stormblood (2017-2019) Timeframe Show text
Creating some strong bonds, including a marriage, she formally joins an Ishgardian house and works between it and her duties in the Maelstrom, spending most of her time between those in fighting for the liberation of Gyr Abania, serving in many of the large collaborative battles and a small gryphon calvary.
In the wake of the liberation, Jancis became pregnant with her only child, Torene, and spent the next eight months in study and out-of-combat pursuits, becoming a Hearer of the Fane. Despite a change of heart with her bond and the conjurer's choice to not have main residence with the house, Jancis was inducted into the Ishgardian family proper.
Jancis works on her legacy of antivenom, gathering different venoms and working with horses to produce this important life-saving elixir, finding more resources in and around Doma.
Jobs, Groups, and Companies
- Daily Routine and Company Connections
- Jancis is a Storm Sergeant 1st Class in the Maelstrom, working as a medic. Her primary role is to travel around the island and assist the local settled pirates and families with ailments and other basic needs. She will typically be talked into helping out with manual labor chores.
- Hearer of the Fane, obtained from two decades of training. Outside of working, she will practice her conjury and meditation on the sea cliffs of the Mist, the streams of Lavender Beds, or another quiet area where she is travelling.
- Sits around the Admiral's Waterspire. [Collage] [Bench Moments]
- Part of the Branded Clandestine.
- Former member of the Harbingers of Dawn.
- Former member of The Coral Sea.
- Former Baroness of House De'bayle
- Orator to the Twelve.
- Odd Jobs
- [Grindstone]: Works some nights as a healer for the competitors. [Screenshots of Healing the Grindstone]
- Jancis has basic cooking skills and specializes in skillet/campfire. She avoids baking after a traumatic experience and deceit that made L'aenoh swear off baked goods.
- While studying with the Conjurer's Guild in Gridania, Jancis paid for her studies by working the kitchen at the inn, cleaning dishes and taking out food.
- Presses flowers into books and makes potpourri and paper with them. Usually binds the paper into books and journals.
- Sold goods at the Shroud visit of [Sea Breeze Bazaar].
- Basic botany and alchemy for items like extracts, tinctures, teas, and blood-specific plasma like antitoxins.
- Singing at shows and friend's events: [Celebration of the Greatest Gift]
- Speaking at formal ceremonies and events for blessings, funerals, bondings, and reflections.
- Tutoring on reading and writing.
- House De'bayle: Denz's family, Minor House of Ishgard in service to Fortemps, that Jancis feels a part of despite the lack of any official paperwork to deam here such.Show text
- Aided the House De’bayle on a delicate job to find out what plagues the fallen Vigil. The fallen dead, kept by duty, return to their posts and will only rest once relieved.
- Bandits in the Shroud known to use some kind of poison much like nerve gas.
- Worked with some of the house to figure out what the true silver disk was from a lost village in the North Shroud.
- Helped built the "Sanctuary Chapel at Dawn Vigil"
- Built out of one of the old rooms destroyed and broken by the cult invasion, the chapel was rebuilt with stained glass recovered from lost towns in Coerthas and wood from a mix of the Shroud and Dravania.
- Hanging in the room is the Kindred Crystal. A rare type of crystal that was originally created to mimic the Echo and failed, it has the power to help people focus their thoughts and contemplations and soothe violent temptations.
- Only those attuned with the crystal or of strong will can fight in its presence.
- Jancis helped tend to the chapel, holding regular sermons and faith challenges for visitors. The room also had an organ and candle vigil for prayer.
- The Coral Sea: Furthering her career as a medic with the Maelstrom, this branch off free company assisted with un-official naval tasks and took on work commissions.[Logs & Screenshots]Show text
- Adventures in the Coral Sea
- That Dashing Derrick Drake: Promised compensation for help, the company gets the run around, then runs around, for a tricky tiresome man.
- Meeting the Maelstrom officer to help find lost cargo, the group is led through dodo bird fields and then fights off the Saraghin for... nothing.
- A ill-fated hired job with Derrick Drake to "find candy" turns out into a trap of voidsent looking for lost people. Many are wounded including Ehla Selhah's leg, L'aenoh's wounds, and Xidh'a Zhorali's ribs and head. A horrible trick before All Hallow's end. [Scene]
- Sound of the Siren: Finding part of a Siren's harp, the company is wrapped up into a fighting off the sea's tempered and loses one of its own in the victory.
- Social Affairs:
- [Farewell to Winter Games] With Snowball Fight, Sled Race, and Ice Sculpture Destruction
- [Meli Day] With colorful half robes, Cake Eating Contest, Flower Arranging, and Memeli's Speech.
- Summer Games With volleyball, shark meat, and watermelon carving.
- [Little Ladies' Day] With musical chairs, cake, and secret questions.
- Story Telling Nights [Scene] [Scene]
- [Medical Gathering]
- Harbingers of Dawn: Jancis' first free company after being granted leave from the Conjurer's Guild. Based in the Mist at the time, the group worked on benevolent mercenary duties in a military structured ranking. Also commissioned to provide guards and escorts to pilgrims to the stones fo the Twelve. Show text
- Still green to the social requirements and ideas of the world, Jancis leaves the Conjurer's Guild and Gridania to test out her dreams and study more under the roof of the Harbingers.
- During the time with them, she finds solace and guidance from the Saints there, following all of them despite her place in the Support Branch.
- Taking it upon herself to understand more of the strained relationship of those in the Harbingers, Jancis came to be a specific support to the Primarch himself.
- Freed from his curse, Jancis was a part of the battle to save the Primarch and take down the Leviathan. In the aftermath Jancis has built up new confidence in herself, found an ally with Lady Tasa.
- In the continued recovery of the Primarch, Jancis has a new admiration for the arcanist arts and a drive to study their techniques.
- Academy: After Professor Rurujua assisted the Harbinger's leader and offered to teach the group lessons, the conjurer has become very interested in learning more about aether in general.
- Failing to uphold her duties in watching the infirmary and succumbing to pressures of more responsibilities, Jancis steps down and resigns.
- Continuing relationships the conjurer will visit them off and on, finding sanctum in their walls and feels a subtle amount of connection and support to the ones wearing the sun banner.
- Visits randomly during their [Tavern night] and gives gratitude to their guard work on pilgrimage.
Making trips across Eorzea to become closer to the Twelve and the values they represent. The work of a Turn with bringing together pilgrims, guards, speakers, priests, and wayfarers have earned her the title of Orator in some circles.
Milly Red is another of Jancis' name, but particularly a stage name for performances and songs that calls out to ideas and feelings that revolt the conjurer.
Born out of a need to contact a 'famous' former slave by means of winning an audition to perform next to the woman. Rumor spread about the outfit through the bard community until Jancis was asked by Nathan Telluride to put the costume back on and sing at his gatherings and shows time to time.
Jancis' persona was built from one of her favorite nicknames, Milly as Val Nunh calls her, and the color red she had been wearing. Adorned in a red and silver wig, including bright choker, large dangling earrings, a pants suit and bold sleeves are typically the attire.
There's no difference in Jancis' mind between the 'alter-ego' and herself. She'll always refer to the idea as something she read in a book; that in art it helps to sing about either "something you love or something you hate" to truly give a sincere performance.
In this case, Milly Red will typically sing about exploring something uncomfortable or taboo.
I pirouette in the dark
I see the stars through a mirror
Tired natural heart
Beats 'til the gate reappears
Somebody open the veil
I-am frozen by the fear in me
Voidsent make me feel alive
And possess me
So cut me from the line
Ahrimans flying endlessly
Voidsent make me feel alive
And possess me
Voidsent make me feel alive
And possess me
If only the nether could speak
I would-not be so alone
We-would burn every flower and tree
And spiral into a reality beyond
Somebody open the veil
I-am frozen by the fear in me
Voidsent make me feel alive
And possess me
If I break the glass then I-will have to die
There-is no one to catch me if I take a dive
I-am scared of change and the days stay the same
The world is spinning into my grave
If I break the glass then I-will have to arise
There-is no one to catch me if I take a dive
I-am immune of change and the days stay the same
The world is spinning but only in gray
Somebody open the veil
I-am frozen by the fear in me
Voidsent make me feel alive
And possess me
So cut me from the line
Ahrimans flying endlessly
Voidsent make me feel alive
And possess me
Voidsent make me feel undead And PosSes ME!
I was asked for something in particular this eve. So I did write a song for it.
This song refers to how through all the seasons the hardships we suffer, in this the first snows of winter bring peace and stillness to those, where we can look towards what we have gathered.
What we to share with one another, and let those pains free to melt away in the coming Turn.
Shades fade away, red hues melting into gray… before my eyes…
And now I can see where the peace can finally be… snowing… down on my heart.
The snowfall is so silent - so slow, so soft - bit by bit as it settles across the land… across the land.
White and weightless, covering and keeping, the snow does not slip away…
Frost and snowflake, soothing and embracing, the quiet giving time to pray.
Now I pray… with an urging, an urging, an urging to be heard!
Let-the-snow-come-down-as-white-ash-from-the-sky-fill-my-eyes-with-quiet-from-all-the-fighting. As-it-stays-sticking, soothing-all-the-burning. Silence-from-bones-snapping, screams-and-pains-heralding-as-the-war-keeps-on-raging-from-near-and-afar.
Blooming whiteness that falls with such lightness makes the land settle and sigh, as these pains slip away.
The snowfall is so silent - so slow, so soft - bit by bit as it settles across the land… across the land.
Come to my arms… come… come and let me embrace the snow.
A Turn filled with strife and heartache to those who grow as cold as the snow. Tears frozen in place as the sun shines unfiltered upon them ceasing the longing and questions of where kin have gone and if they are happy.
Azeyma’s rays dancing on the white blankets, the lace upon each branch. Sparkling like stars each reminding me of the words not come by chance. Each sound of a voice long since past.
The quiet softening each step, each action, bringing ease and memories so warm in contrast…
Come to my arms… come… come and let me embrace the snow.
Covering everything in its pure flakes, gathering upon wetness, tears are no more.
Melt and renew, melt and renew… all shall be well… with the herald of the first snow.
Shades fade away, red hues melting into gray… before my eyes.
She-will come, she-will go
She-will lay belief on you
Skin sweet with musky odor
The lady from another grinning soul
Cologne she-will wear
Silver and loving hard
She-will drive a beating heart
A song like sight of clear aurora
And when the clothes are strewn
Do-not be afraid of the room
Touch the fullness of her breast
Feel the love of her caress
She will be your living and...
She-will come, she-will go
She-will lay belief on you
But she will-not stake her life on you
How can life become her point of view
And when the clothes are strewn
Do-not be afraid of the room
Touch the fullness of her breast
Feel the love of her caress
She will be your living and...
She will be your living and...
She will be your living and...
She Will Be Your Living And...
She will be your living...
Overlooking one of the many streams of the Lavender Beds, this Boarding House hosts a permament room free of rent for Jancis, Barengar, Chachanji, and Virara in their roles of breaking the Ruby Shadows' grip on the heirarchy of Gridania. Once a den for the sinister rogue group, the building was reclaimed by the city-state and funded by patrons and benefactors to clean the house of traps and information, creating a boarding house for the independent adventurers.
Organized as the Babbling Brook Bour under the house's steward Valeriaux Marqualie, Jancis takes a responsibility in the house's daily maintenance and tending for the animals and plants mostly around the house.
Lower Spangledance includes an open kitchen, library, study hall, lounge, chapel, lecture hall, and garden. Rent includes room and board, due at the first of the Moon. Chapel and theme is always kept up to date to celebrate the Twelve associated and other Eorzean observances.
- Ms. Magpie: Elezen lady with a no-nonsense attitude that keeps the household tidy.
- "Ivory": A chatterbox mi'qote that takes care of much of the workings of the house; a regular handy man. Friendly and loves to talk, he can be relied on to have spare building materials in the house storage and will sell it at cost.
- Autumn Wind: Main hostess of the residents of the boarding house, this roegadyn helps out the renters with gear, food, and other basic needs.
- Bun: A small bun mushroom seedkin that lives under the raised foundation of the house. Mainly feeds off of the rodents and moss that tries to grow under the house. Can be spotted bathing in the fountain.
Only those attuned with the crystal or of strong will can fight in its presence.
Jancis uses this space for special cases to let them recover out of sight.
Pets & Notable Items
From the nuturing nature, people have gifted Jancis with animals she calls "Little Ones" like children. With the help of others, relying on Tausenadel in particular, she tries to provide them a safe haven while also challenging them.
- Kuchen: A calico cat with an endless appetite. Given to Jancis as the prize for the Flame Festival from Erik for eating the most pie. Because of the reason, the feline's name means just that, pie. Rumored to have eaten that actual prize, therefore becoming it and wanting to go home with Jancis. She spends most of her time around the infirmary looking cute and tricking people out of their food, keeping up her marshmallow-like body despite Jancis' walking trips.
- Pumpcoblyn: A small runty coblyn with a whining habit. He will keen in a pitch when concerned, scared, or hungry. Given to Jancis by Tausenadel after he had a clutch of the critters; happy with the story she shared at one of his gatherings. Enjoys sitting in potted plants or under shelves. Earned his name by hiding under a hallowed-out pumpkin during All Saint's Wake causing mass chaos in the Coral hall.
- Muffin: A unicolt with a timid yet maternal attitude. A prize from Little Ladies Day celebration from Sen. The colt was named by Avenio and Faolan, though Faolan promptly argued about the absurdity of naming an animal after food.
- Heardwine: A young shoat found rooting in the garden, Barengar coaxed and saved the little critter for Jancis to tend to. This curious swine is quite savvy, paying attention to inflection and tone to make spoken people feel like he understands what they say, and also have a habit of patrolling the grounds of Lower Spangledance to protect it from intruders. Jancis named him for his bravery and friendly nature.
- Unnamed Critters she tends to: Tortoise, Tadpole, Fawn
- Heated Blanket: Made by Astrelle. This small round blanket has a cord and fire shard container, allowing a shard to be distributed into the blanket to keep it warm.
- Mask of Fear: A mask that looks like a lion imbued with the power to cause anything that hears the person in it to be afraid of them. Any words spoken while in the mask will create an ear and throat tripping roar. The wearer cannot speak the next day after wearing the mask.
- Bonding Ring: A 3-stoned ring had a diamond flanked by two sapphires, all three surrounded by fine etchings in the metal that was their pedestal. Gift from Denz during their travels in Kugane, bought from a jewelry stall near the well.
- Moonstone Linkpearl: A small round sphere that glows softly like moonlight. A gift from Engelbert he claims to have been made by the evil genius Garrett, this linkpearl is one of two that link their owners' aether signatures together, giving the capability to speak to, know the general direction of, and general condition of the other's owner. Barengar gifted Jancis a clasp to hold the pearl like a pendant on a necklace, made of rhodium and shaped like two wings folding over the stone.
- Denz's Hair: A long length of black raven hair tied up with a wrap and rough on the edges. A gift from Denz after the attack on the Wall that caused Jancis to lose a great deal of her hair.
- Mammet Bird: A small mechanical bird made of a metal skeleton and false feathers. Runs off of wind shards and can take vocal commands for hopping about or flying in circles. A gift, once commission, from Cliodhna Eoghan to assist in teaching abandoned birds to fly.
- Twelve Watch: A locket of polished silver with filigree covering the piece and hidden latch. Opening the watch, the face of the piece is a continuation of the filigree to depict the symbols and representations of the Twelve for Bells as well as Moons. After opening the watch, the current honored of the Twelve appears briefly within the locket. Treasured gift from Aya Foxheart symbolizing Jancis' work for orating pilgrimages to the Twelves' stones. [Screenshots]
- Water Talisman: The item is slung upon a slender but sturdy chain. A pendant of sorts… a talisman. It thrums to the touch, vigor pulsing, igniting nerves with the cool sensation of a dip in a lake on a hot day, of gentle rain. Looking upon it, it is a vivid blue stone in the shape of a wide pitcher, spilling metal water from it to form a frame about the stone, intricately carved to show off each ripple of bubbling spring pouring forth from the vessel. The symbol of Thaliak lies boldly carved in the center of the stone, within the vessel, shimmering faintly. When clutched, when a bit of one’s personal aether touches it, a presence is nearly felt, a strong sense of ‘being’, of the Scholar and the word ‘Ewer’, chiming in one’s head with the came cooling, refreshing sensation. Serenity, peace, a deep well of understanding. Gifted to Jancis from Ashmira to help the conjurer overcome the hardships she endured after losing love and keeping up with the pilgrimages. Jancis can tap into its power every so often to ease pain and bolster her energy. [Reference]
- Desert Rose: Magical purifying plant that belongs to Gareth Evershield. Retrieved from the abandoned and cursed estate where the man grew up, Jancis tends to it in a pot in her quarters keeping it where it can get a lot of sunlight and takes it out regular in fair weather. The plant is always in bloom and petals regrow, plucked only rarely for the worse of corrupted flesh and materials. [Reference Post]
- Spade: A small blackened iron garden spade. The item itself has a curious handle that's not a design for digging tool. The spade was originally a dagger which was held by Jancis' captain in case her and Ja'ren's possession by the powerful voidsent, Gwendoline, became permament and the company failed to save them. Throwing the dagger to the sand, Jancis retrieved it and brought it to a close friend, Sir Gegenji, who melted down the metal and reforged it into something more fitting. The original hilt was reused.
- Herb Satchel: A small cloth bag, no bigger than Jancis' palm. It is tied with a bow faded in color and filled with sweet smelling roots. Embroidered with an initial "M" on the front, the satchel is plain otherwise. Given to her by Lady Edda; a goodluck charm the lady made when she was young. "A small herb satchel made by her brother for her 16th nameday, with Edda's middle initial sewn on it. Worthless, but high sentimental value." [Source]
- Flower Scroll: Parchment with a simple arcanima spell, with instructions written for novice casters or those unfamiliar to arcanima. When cast, it would create an image of a beautiful field of flowers, according to the season and month. The scroll itself is hand-drawn with care, to ensure that the spell would be usable for repeated uses.
- Red Scarf: A regular-sized square scarf of shimmering red silk which no other decoration to it. The silk it is made of, however, has fire aether within it from a very delicate process of some of the adapted creatures among the crystals around the land and picking up the elemental aspect. The scarf itself always gives off a subtle warmth.
- Wooden Fawn: A fairly large wooden carving, about the length of her forearm, depicts a gentle and observant fawn from the Twelveswood. The wood itself has been scented with oils to have an aroma of violets.
- Red Lotus Stone: Kept wrapped in handkerchief, a small crimson gemstone, flat and palm-sized with the symbol of a Crane is somehow carved within it. The gem has subtle aether trace that connects this stone to its many others and a device called "The Lotus".
- Feather Hair Clip: A silver hair clip adorned with a aquamarine gem and the feathers of a rare bird found on La Noscea. A gift from Oscare, who found the bird and got some of its magnificent feathers, had the clip made for her as an apology gift and a token for the Starlight Ball.
- Birch Squirrel: This squirrel seems to be perched on part of a log, one of the common animals of the Shroud she grew up. The carving has a very organic feel where knots and twists in the wood were used in the design.
- Rosewood Crane: A small hand-sized crane carved from a rich rosewood. The bird has been polished many times and has very simple deeply-scored details of wings to give it a glossy and smooth appearance.
- Cushioned Rug Bed: A leather and fleece rug built with extra padding in it. A gift from Otto that he made personal when she continued to refuse one of the beds he had crafted. The man delivered the rug himself. While most of her furniture belongings were made by Otto, this one is by far the most endearing.
- Lapis Ring: A simple silver ring with a small lapis lazuli set. The blue stone in this ring once belonged to the mask Jancis would wear while travelling. Promising her first love to not wear the mask anymore by giving it to him, the mask was shattered and all that remained was the stone. Later on, it was set to be her engagement ring. The item is kept on a chain now instead.
- Painting: A hand-painted map of Eorzea done in more artistic brush strokes than one for locating and serious use. In particular on this painting are key points highlighted: the city states and everywhere of note that pertained to what Z'enath and Jancis knew of together at the time.
- Seashell Charm Bracelet: A small scalloped-shaped silver charm had the engraving "L.F." upon it. The bracelet itself was also silver and meant for a toddler's wrist. The item was given to Jancis' first love and lost somewhere, possibly in the snowy mountains of Coerthas.
- Map of the Black Shroud: Now just disassembled pieces of paper from the amount of times it's been folded and re-folded, this old map is outdated and written over, erased, and written over again. A random assortment of 'landmarks' and notes are on it to determine where Jancis was raised.
- Coverless Book: Her favorite book, the binding is worn out and it's carefully kept in a handkerchief to keep from losing pages. It's where she chose her name from and inspired her to fight for freedom which brought her to where she is today. It's basically based off of [The Renegades of Pern] if she references it with dragons and nomads and discovering what life could be.
Misc Fun Stuff
- [Reference Blog]
- [Way to the Future - Theme Song for Jancis from Dhemgeim]
- ♪The way that you love dear, the fate of the world you leave behind ♪ A way to the future, making a moment built to last ♪ You want to love, well now's your chance ♪ "To me, Jancis is someone full of opposites. She is strong, and gentle. She is withdrawn, but extroverted. There is so much honesty within her, but she's mysterious in her quiet nature. The clearest thing I've ever seen about Jancis is how she loves. She loves everyone, good and bad, because they are people and to her that is the most important of all the things. Jancis is someone who wears her heart on her sleeve, and is strong enough not to let it get broken by the world. The slow but up-beat tune of this song suits her to me. I love the way it goes up and down, because I feel Jancis must have had a lot of hardships in her life. But overall, this song is full of hope."
- [Legend of Mana - Music for Jancis from Edda]
- [Fountain of Life - Theme Music for Jancis from Barengar]
- [Aerith's Theme w/ Erutan Lyrics from Barengar]
- [Way to the Future - Theme Song for Jancis from Dhemgeim]
- RPC Post References: